PDA

View Full Version : Hours at Licence Application

Evilbob
18th Jun 2008, 20:57
I wonder if anybody could clear this up. I've checked LASORS and JAR-FCL but no real joy. An applicant for a PPL must have 45 hours flight time as pilot of aeroplanes (JAR-FCL 1.120). Does this mean 45 hours are required in order to be able to take the skills test or; is it 45 hours required for licence issue with the skills test hours included?

Cheers

Evilbob

Keygrip
19th Jun 2008, 03:03
Licence issue.

Skill test requirements are 25 dual and 10 solo (as it says in Lasors and JAR FCL).

Yes, I know that is not 45 hours. Finish it off by adding in your night qualification if you wish.

Whopity
19th Jun 2008, 05:55
Or to put it another way, all training must be completed before attempting the Skills test. The specified training includes 25 hours dual; 10 hours solo and all of the ground examinations.

The 45 hours is a minimum for licence issue and may include up to 10 hours any other flying, a night qualifiication, and the Skill test.

Evilbob
19th Jun 2008, 06:08
I had a student going into his skills test a couple of days ago and we had to do an additional flight to make up his time to 45 hours on the examiner say so. So I rang PLD and the chap and at the end of the phone there said 45 hours to do the skills test but to be honest, he didn't sound very sure (he sounded very new to it actually) hence why I have posted here.

All now makes much more sense, thanks guys.

Evilbob

BEagle
22nd Jun 2008, 19:03
I had a student going into his skills test a couple of days ago and we had to do an additional flight to make up his time to 45 hours on the examiner say so.

And just how much did the combined ignorance of your RF/FTO, the Examiner and the CAA cost the poor unwitting student?

Evilbob
22nd Jun 2008, 20:26
Fortunately only 45 minutes which was flown P1. Since the student is progressing towards CPL, nothing was really lost on this occasion.

Whopity
24th Jun 2008, 07:49
All of the requirements for the issue of a licence are in JAR-FCL Part 1 Bugger LASORS its only guidance, read the source document! http://www.jaa.nl/publications/jars/607069.pdf

Moral of the story; get an examiner who knows what he is doing!