PDA

View Full Version : Flying Fbw Aircrafts And Conventional Acfts

bflyer
26th Jun 2007, 17:38
HI GENTS

I would like your thoughts on the simultaneous flying of an FBW acft e.g B737NG/A320 and a conventional type, e.g B727..etc
What are the pros and cons and if there is any regulations governing this subject

thanks for the inputs

Rick Studder
26th Jun 2007, 18:58
It doesn't make sense to categorize the handling of aircrafts with regards to FBW/not FBW, as FBW is implemented differently (B777 vs. the Airbuses). The B737NG is not FBW. Also, pilots seldom fly two jets at the same time, and if they did differences in handling would be a lesser issue.

D'vay
26th Jun 2007, 22:52
The problem with the question is that it doesn't reflect the level of understanding that should be inherent with your current job as described in your profile. I can't help but think that it is a language issue and we haven't entirely understood what you are getting at and if that is the case, I apologise and I hope we can help you with the revised question.

Kindest Regards

D'vay

TyroPicard
26th Jun 2007, 23:05
It's the word "simultaneous" that I am having trouble with...
TP

flyboyike
27th Jun 2007, 03:39
The problem with the question is that it doesn't reflect the level of understanding that should be inherent with your current job as described in your profile.

So the guy is an impostor or an MSFS pilot. Big deal, the site is full of them

bflyer
27th Jun 2007, 07:23
Ok.guys....thanks for all your inputs..but let me clarify the situation
the pilot-in-question is currently rated on and flies the B722..was formerly rated on and flew the A322..but due to a transient shortage of qualified pilots,the airline is exploring the feasibility of transitioning said pilot to A322(pilot shortage)..then keep his B722 rating current(recurrent training every six months)..then having said pilot rostered to fly,say one month on the A322 then the next on the B722...my question is...is there any regulatory directives issued by the FAA,CAA..etc governing this eventuality..
It is the brainstorm of a very important company beancounter as a way out of a current shortage of pilots
and yes TYPO PICARD..i too am worried about the word simultaneous.
FLYBOY LIKE i can't even manage to land a cessna 172 in the flight simulator without crashing it..my daughter beats me in this particular game :O

D'vay
27th Jun 2007, 10:41
See, with a litle explanation it all makes sense. If it is an accountants idea, you can bet your bottom dollar that it is not safe, oh, also let this accountant know that he is probably not as important as he thinks he is too!
D'vay

D'vay
27th Jun 2007, 10:43
Now I think about it, your company could always employ more pilots. people are willing to travel surprising distances and to surprising locations for work.
D'vay