PDA

View Full Version : Hey all!! :-)

hermanaki
20th May 2007, 23:36
Hi! Just thought I should introduce myself since I just registered!

I come from Greece, have a BEng in Aeronautical Engineering and currently doing my MSc. I have started flying lessons for my PPL (A) in October 2006 but have only managed 12:35 hours so far, mainly because of the weather. I started my training on a Cessna 152 and did about 6 hours there and got up to stalling. Winter really set in then and I had a 6 months gap, changed an instructor and also changed the aeroplane which I am trained in. I now fly a Diamond DA40, a lot better visibility from the cockpit, I like the control column more than the wheel, and the DA40 actually is 30 knots faster than the C152 and has double the crosswind limit. I have to admit, after all these changes it took some getting used to, to be honest it was almost like starting over again, so had 6 more hours training and I am now waiting for a good day to start circuits!! I will be forced to change my instructor for the third time but what can you do?:rolleyes: :)

I am really looking forward in flying solo and as I have been saving money all year, hopefully do some intensive training before I go back to Greece (or Italy for a while ;-) ) in August.

Errmm, what else, I have a horrible greek accent, (ofcourse I do), and fear that I will mess up in the radio calls but since I heard a french pilot transmitting and understood nothing at all and the tower responded instantly with no problems I am more inclined to believe that they will understand what I am saying. :cool: :cool:

You can see my actual logbook uploaded in

http://www.e-logbooks.com/pilots/pilots_index.asp

and there is a nice pic of me there as well under "contact" :eek: :eek: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Oh yes...by the way, I am Nick..nice to be here ;-)

shortstripper
21st May 2007, 02:22
Welcome Nick,

Good luck with your training, and don't be afraid to ask this lot questions. The answers often get swallowed in the ensueing banter, but what the hell ... this is a discussion board :p

SS :ok:

S-Works
21st May 2007, 07:55
Not to mention the 152 has no crosswind LIMIT and the DA40 and 152 actually have very similar demonstrated cross wind components...... :p

Welcome!!!

mazzy1026
21st May 2007, 08:03
Aye up goose - (scouse terminology) :E

Enjoy the training and welcome to the forum :ok:

hermanaki
21st May 2007, 15:10
Thanks all!!!

C152 and DA40 have the same behaviour under the same crosswind speed?

gcolyer
21st May 2007, 15:48
C152 and DA40 have the same behaviour under the same crosswind speed?

Yes....they both want to fly sideways :}