Pages : 1 [2] 3

Try Hard 4.0
17th Sep 2007, 15:43
Thanks for the reply man...
I would go for palAV and I will do as you say

kurimaw
18th Sep 2007, 06:19
bansai.....

INOP---means Inoperative. correct me if i'm wrong...
vague---no clear defenition..

the lessons teach us from our instructors are far from the real meaning of aircraft....

the lessons came from the school is very different in acutal training in aircraft...

i've ask about this kind of situation to my prof.....
but they didn't answer clearly...

im taking a course right now as a a/c technician...(2yr. course)
and finish my course in march.....and having my OJT this oct..

even i dont have any experience yet in flying and aircraft maintenance
for me as a soon-to-be aircraft maintenance....
i must have a idea on how this kind of creepy situation resolved..
what is the main reason why this kind of scenario happend....
to prevent loss of lives....

and to use this also as future reference to reach my dream as a pilot.
thanks also to my flight simulator on my p.c!:E
cause i've already a idea on how to operate the 747-400(virtually)

i have a flight crew training manual of
A320, A330, A340, B737-3,4,5, B747-400 and B777-200LR saved on my p.c

airbus has a same operating principle about the fly-by-wire system...
unlike the boeing....only the 777 has a fly-by-wire...

i'm trying to get the full AMM of A319-A320...
and it tells all and complete info about airbus system..

can you clarify if the Flight Crew training Manual is only one of the chapters of ATA chapterization??

this A/THR issue in airbus will be more concerned and more dangerous in the future....if this kind of creepy event will not resolved as soon as possible..

it's like the Boeing 737 silent killer...
(Rudder issue because of Servo Valve)

i know that i haven't experience yet on how to fly heavy jets...
but all the info that i got will help me to learn a lot of things...
in aviation....

thanks for the good info Sir Bansai....

thanks and happy flying!!!

martinxbloan
22nd Oct 2007, 09:00
Greetings....

I just wanted to ask you guys.. If I dont go through the scholarship of Cebu Pac in CIA, does that mean that I can not work for Cebu Pac once I have graduated?

Thanks guys! I would appreciate it if anyone can give me an answer asap. thanks! you can email me at [email protected]

ww1
22nd Oct 2007, 10:26
martin
I know for a fact that NONE of the pilots currently employed by Cebu Pacific graduated from the CIA academy. There are other ways to skin a cat.

rsajlk
22nd Oct 2007, 11:23
Lack of systems knowledge.....plain and simple...

martinxbloan
23rd Oct 2007, 09:05
ok. thank you for the reply. so If i want to be absed in the philippines as a pilot, whata the best way to do it? oh and also, lets say i do gradute from cia, will cebu or pal accept me? thanks for your reply again.

incubus22384
24th Oct 2007, 01:22
martin,
I suggest that you apply at PAL AV. I hear it's the best in the country. As I have no chance of getting in (my dad was a striker, never returned to PAL's roster), I'm currently setting my eyes on Omni.

If you enroll at CIA, get a scholarship from Cebu Pac, and graduate, I'm sure they'll hire you (as they invested a hell of a whole lot of money for your education). Some students at CIA however, are currently not on Cebu Pac's scholarship program. These students are waitlisted and if slots are opened, they'll be accommodated. I asked around at CIA two months ago, and found out that the waitlist is a little long.

As for PAL hiring CIA graduates, I think they'd rather hire their own students. If you're a CIA graduate, I'm sure PAL will require you to garner 1000+ flight hours before they hire you (because CIA's graduates only earn around 70 flight hours after graduation). Hope this helped.

(NOTE TO OTHER PPRUNERS: Please feel free to correct me if i mentioned something that is not true. thanks!)

Try Hard 4.0
24th Oct 2007, 05:22
what's the difference between ab-inito pilot training
and flight deck training in PAL AV????

jetcruiser
27th Oct 2007, 00:40
AB-initio - from the ground up; from zero hours to minimum requirement to join the Line. Small airplanes

Flight deck training - can be cadets who graduated from Ab inito AV school training with minimum hours, or most of the time Experienced Pilots being trained for Airline flying. Big Airplanes

zenflyer
12th Nov 2007, 01:01
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any news on Bravo Class 2007? Have they started yet?
Also, are there any applicants here for alpha 2008? maybe we could start a yahoogroup so that we're all updated on whats happening and the requirements. Anyone have any news on Alpha 2008? Processing starts on March right? Thanks!

zenflyer
14th Nov 2007, 05:19
i think its 20 students per batch right? 3 months before start of class so that means processing will start around March of 2008. Any news if Bravo 2007 has started classes already?

Smiling_Goat
9th Dec 2007, 10:50
If there's anyone out there who might know... Do you need to have all your wisdom teeth removed or just the one's that are impacted? Would PAL still ask for the wisdom teeth (3rd molars) to be removed even if it's not impacted?

Eight Ball
9th Dec 2007, 12:11
Geezzz.... they look for someone with optimum weight, no eye glasses, perfect teeth, wisdom teeth out or in.... are they really that pedantic ?

What's next, checking if your gay or straight ??? or if you're a muslim or a christian ???

I guess they can pick who they want to invest to take in but this is descrimination.

jester_icarus
9th Dec 2007, 22:44
LOL!! whaT??!!!! are they serious???!!!! LOL....whats the logic behind this?

King ECAM
10th Dec 2007, 07:34
PAL wants to keep the high "standard" of employing people who are physically proportional and with a pleasing personality. In other words PAL DISCRIMINATES!

They feel that there is still prestige if you work for LT este PAL................

Eight Ball
11th Dec 2007, 00:13
Right on King ECAM.

I just can't believe the bull**** PAL Av School dishes out to the candidates.

I was speaking to someone who finished the Av School and not taken in to the line due to politics .... after spending millions in training.

Hi Jester - there is no logic to it. Descrimination here in the Philippines is very much alive. They don't have the concept of an Equal Opportunity Employment. If they were in the U.S. or any other western country, they'd be sued.

I've even heard that some employers don't hire you due to extreme ugliness.... bwahahahahaha :}:}

They think they can treat people like this just because they can give you a job at the end of it. I'd tell them where to stick their job. :}

To the candidates - goodluck boys and girls, I wish you ALL THE BEST. I can only hope they don't treat you badly.

jester_icarus
11th Dec 2007, 03:14
who determines my ugliness... female or male HR?

Eight Ball
11th Dec 2007, 12:18
That's a good question Jester. They look at your personality and if they think you look below what they consider good looks then the panel who looks after the candidate's personality could disqualify you.

I can only hope PAL does not have that but then again they might be picky in regards to looks and height with their flight attendants. :rolleyes:
Not sure about the pilots :}.

jester_icarus
12th Dec 2007, 04:03
...i do bench press 225lbs, squat 300lbs, abs...well its kind of gone... but im getting it back, wide shoulders with pecs and delts to match....but i wish i had the looks of Richard Gutierrez... :)

...i always thought attitude flying, then a check ride is what gets you the job...

time to get that skin bleeched and some rhinoplasti..

happy holidays all...!!!!

Smiling_Goat
15th Dec 2007, 00:00
to get in to PAL is attitude... you have to make a good 1st impression in the interview... they will give you guys scenarios and ask questions that are really really insulting and really really offensive... questions that will show in your face if aggrieved kayo or tanga kayo or whatever... ala MIss Universe questions... What they look for are your reactions to these crappy and most of the time personal questions....

Thanks for the heads up windsheargo...

However, it was mentioned in this same thread a few times that PAL does require extraction of your 3rd molars/wisdom teeth. I was just wondering if they only require extraction of impacted wisdom tooth/teeth (which is a good idea anyway because those things can get really painful and cause a lot of other oral/dental problems) or all wisdom teeth whether impacted or not. This is assuming of course one gets past the initial stages of the application process...

semper fi
16th Dec 2007, 10:43
I've been quietly amused by reading these last few posts on this thread about what it takes to become a pilot or even a pilot for Pal. I want to tell you at this point in time that flying in the Av School is never a guarantee to get in.

If you don't know how to express yourself much more spell words, do you think you'll get in? How on earth did you pass your college course?

If you think lifting weights and looking like God's gift to women will do it, think again.

There is a reason for everything in life, if your's is because you want to brag to your friends at the local tavern and drop hints at the ladies that you can fly an itty bitty plane, you have an over inflated ego that belongs at a local pool joint and not flying or being part of a culture created an aeon ago by real men who flew real airplanes. Not like the likes of what you have today.
You will never know what it is to walk under a real airplane, smell raw fuel or even appreciate the fact that generations of people before you built up the profession to what it is today.

I feel sorry for all of you who think that the pilot's career will etch you into history books or line your pockets with loads of cash or get you the adoration of the opposite sex, it is a job now just like anything else. The real pilots are the guys that fly stick and rudder, not the one's who push buttons and twirl knobs anymore.

If you do get to the top 10% of the elite who fly the big jets, it is because you studied hard, paid the price by limiting your social life and persevered.
Piloting has its inner fullfillment, it is a profession for professionals who set their goals to do a job, the end result being someone who will fly the biggest jet around someday.

Meanwhile while you are in your own little myopic world, be humbled by the fact that you are only a person with a dream, nothing else. The fullfillment of the dream comes only when you shut down youre engines on the 65th year of your life without any mishaps, have been a productive member of society, raised and nurtured a family including your grandchildren, and have received the respect of your peers at work and in your neighborhood.

I hope all of you get your priorities straight, don't get into flying because you want to look good or feel good, do it because you have a purpose, to learn what it takes to get the job done and finish a career to the very end of your natural productive life.

Lets see what kind of response this post will bring, if you understand what I'm talking about good for you, otherwise go back to school and study some more. Life is full of choices, really.............:=

Eight Ball
16th Dec 2007, 11:02
Winsheargo,

Your assumption regarding Jester_Icarus about him applying for PAL Av School is quite out of the mark. Jester is an airline captain.

Sorry Jester, I just have to set him straight. And yours truly is a pilot trained overseas.

So, what was your point in your post ? I fail to see it.

incubus22384
17th Dec 2007, 01:05
Semper Fi,
First of all, not all of the members in this forum are noobs. Assuming that they're like me, a graduate with a "dream" to fly, I'd suggest to seniors here to please minimize the put downs. If you have personal comments about certain posters here, please leave them a private message to avoid disrespecting the others.

Second, criticizing their grammar skills is a definite low blow. Kahit dun po sa post nyo may nabasa akong wrong grammar eh, but it doesn't mean na kailangan nyong bumalik ng college 'di ba? Let us try, at least, to get into PAL AV without someone busting our balls; that would be up to our instructors (if we get in, that is), not from other members here. We're here to share our thoughts about the school, not for a debate or an insult barrage.

In spite of all the negatives, I definitely picked up a lot from your post. I appreciate the knowledge you have shared with us, as I've been an avid reader of this thread. Your last post gave me more thoughts to ponder on than all the posts in another thread combined. Sana friendly lang tayo sa ibang tao dito, madami na masyadong pangit na nangyayari sa labas eh, wag na sana nating dagdagan.

Sa akin lang, respect isn't given mandatorily, it is induced through reciprocity. Even if this is an online forum, 'di ba? Respetuhan lang. Yun lang po. Merry Christmas! :)

ww1
17th Dec 2007, 08:01
"If you don't know how to express yourself much more spell words, do you think you'll get in? How on earth did you pass your college course?"

your's
one's
fullfillment
youre
Lets

Pot, meet kettle.

Try Hard 4.0
24th Dec 2007, 02:40
Hey ... ive got good news... i don't know if it is good or bAD....
Ive talked to a pilot in PAL and he said that prioritizing of family members of PAL pilots and a few officers in going to PAL av will be over this year...
SO that gives us a chance to join Pal AV... i have no connection in PAL so that makes it for me difficult to get in.....

zenflyer
27th Dec 2007, 00:49
Hi guys,

Any of the applicants here of Alpha 2008 have any updates? Has the application / screening process started yet? Or will it still start around March? Thanks! :)

RDJ05
25th Mar 2008, 09:23
Hey guys,

I've just graduated from college and I'm planning to go to PAL's Aviation school. I've already inquired about their program and it starts not until October this year. Since i haven't really 100% decided on going there. I just want some feedback from you guys and what you think about their program. Is it true that after I've completed their program for 18 months. I still have to be an instructor for 2 years before they can even consider to employ me? Can you guys please give me the necessary details and info regarding their program and also from other aviation schools as well before I really decide. I really want to know all the details and info before i pursue this training because of the amount of money that will be invested. Thank you very much. :O

Smiling_Goat
27th Mar 2008, 02:36
Is it true that PAL Aviation School won't start the application/screening process until October this year? Can anyone else confirm this?

RDJ05
28th Mar 2008, 01:33
hey Smiling_Goat,

No, what i mean is that the program itself starts not until October this year but you can already apply and pass all the necessary requirements to be processed and screened for the next batch which is on October this year. And this is confirmed because I already went there and inquired for that particular program (Commercial Pilot training).

Smiling_Goat
28th Mar 2008, 01:49
Thanks for the clarification RDJ05!

I already submitted all my documents for application last month. I believe I read in this same thread that the screening process begins with an orientation for all prospective pilot trainees. I just don't know when that would be if the next batch of trainees are scheduled to begin on October. I hope it takes place real soon!

thirtythou_feet
13th Apr 2008, 11:40
Yes its true that the 2008 alpha batch may start around october this year because of the delays of the previous batch according to Sir Narmon. They said that no worry cause they will invite all qualified applicants for the assessment.

anansi_boy
29th Apr 2008, 12:10
The process will surely start with an orientation. They will give you an overview of what you can expect to go through. Know your weaknesses so that you know what you need to improve on. Be physically prepared for this program, this will make life easier for you. Remember, time management is key. Good luck!

bisaya
30th Apr 2008, 04:46
and hope they still have flight instructors by then. 1 instructor for every 5 students. 1 aircraft for every 15 students.. lets start counting.. CG, MM, AH, TP..... are we still legal nonong? careful, careful , careful... ATO is watching and Cebu Pacific is hiring. :E

9ball
30th Apr 2008, 23:50
PAL people really think they own philippine aviation. what bunch of posers. Good thing the Av school doesn't fly when the crosswinds are more than 5 kts. otherwise everyone will go cross country to do pattern work in Lingayen........

Smiling_Goat
2nd May 2008, 07:34
anansi_boy,

Would you know when the orientation will take place for 2008 alpha?

How long does the "screening" process usually last before they begin with training?

If some of the posters here in this thread are correct and PAL is planning on an October start for training, then when would it be ideal to begin the process (i.e. with the orientation)?

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to figure out / come up with some kind of timeline.

bisaya
2nd May 2008, 08:14
9ball,

its actually 10kts crosswind max.. unless your favorite SFID (supervising flight instructor for the day) declares "KILLER WINDs". go figure.

goat,

a few weeks ago JM, a PAL flight instructor left to join cebu pacific, during that time they were already flying at the maximum flight instructor to pilot trainee ratio with their current load. No career advancement, no program, low pay, nobody in the pipeline to replace you as you set your sights on the jets after paying your dues and living your share of purgatory (its not an easy job you know), low morale and broken promises by management are historically the reasons why PAL FIs leave and will be leaving soon.

Training and Development Department has sent an SOS to Flight Operations to "LOAN" former flight instructors currently flying the LINE. that is if they are willing to volunteer and this is only a stop gap measure as there really is nobody willing or crazy enough to stay there for the long term.

for now, shiny new Cessna 172s sitting at the ramp with or without those killer winds.

so, for your AO class of 2008? wish HARD.. really HARD... cross all your fingers and all your toes... :eek:

thirtythou_feet
5th May 2008, 04:32
anansi_boy

As per PAL, they will start the process 3months prior to the start of the class but I dont have an updated information about the timeline, maybe its better if we call the av school in regards to the exact time

smbl
17th May 2008, 06:49
Any updates on PAL avschool?

BTW, are there swimming exams / trainings for cadets in AV Schools?

maverick6344
10th Jun 2008, 17:04
Guys,

I'm here because I want to pursue my childhood dream and become a pilot. But I don't know sh**! I know for a fact that this maybe too late to jump start a new career... whatever the case maybe, I still want to become a pilot and possibly explore the job opportunities this great industry has to offer. I'm currently enrolled in the Private Pilot Ground Course. Thing is, is this course necessary say I want to become a commercial pilot in the future?

To get a better grasp of my current dilemna, I am a working professional and is taking advantage of the Educational Assistance Program that my company offers. Instead of taking an MA, I opted to take a course that would lead to my ambition. Another thing is, if this will soon be a career and would entail me to invest (I've read in several forums millions), then I sure would want to invest it correctly. Money is money... It's hard to part with your savings more so if it's hard earned.

Any advise is appreciated.

bisaya
11th Jun 2008, 11:18
STOP DREAMING, START FLYING.. :ok:

piaggioDUDE
11th Jun 2008, 20:56
YES it is that expensive now to go into flight training and if your really into it then the expense wont matter.the question is are you ready to face the challenge.remember if you want quality go for the best school not those over night flying schools back there in the Philippines that care only for money..spend what your money is worth.and take advantage of all the knowledge you could absorb..
YES it is a REQUIREMENT for you to go through PRIVATE PILOT GROUND SCHOOLING. i remember the old man saying..the best pilot should know his basic roots..and everything is from going through PPL.if you dont know how to take the first step then what more getting to the second.try to be realistic and ask your self.."is this what i want" you will know the answer easily and follow your hearts desire.i was in the same stage eons ago and decided on what i want.this didnt stop what i really love.anyhow before you go enroll on any flight school check their background and track record thou yeah it helps to be coming from a good flight training school but at the end of the day it is your skill and your attitude that will be assessed.
YES aviation industry is a bitter sweet life..you go through the ups and downs like your in your first orientation fight not having the positive control of the aircraft but after a while you will get used to it then you go on a straight and level.remember this..

"the best safety device i an aircraft is a well trained pilot"

good luck!!

alpha12039
12th Jun 2008, 00:52
"the best safety device i an aircraft is a well trained pilot"

Piaggio,

did you train with this FTO or did you go to the Academy?

piaggioDUDE
12th Jun 2008, 12:47
yep trained by FS West Palm beach florida its not that easy,its not that cheap either but its damn worth it..wanted to go to the academy years ago but never knew the process..am a regular probinsyano who came out in the city not knowing what to do and where to go for flight training.fly safe guys and happy landing.:ok:

Don Vito
13th Jun 2008, 03:27
^how can you be a regular probinsyano when you've been to florida?

piaggioDUDE
13th Jun 2008, 08:44
don vito,

1. your attitude will get you places,your bad ones will get you no where.
2. good study habit and a high GPA.
3. a great desire for your dreams.
4. being at the right place at the right time.(1 in a million concept)
5. be an affirmative thinker not a positive one.
6. and a lot of hard work..

watch your six!!

Don Vito
13th Jun 2008, 09:24
^what?

anyway, im just surprised that you didnt know anything about the process of application for PAL but was able to train in florida. doesnt make sense.

@reallywannabeapilot

you're wrong. the rich people are in metro manila. lucio tan, gokongwei, ayala, henry sy, araneta have their businesses primarily based in metro manila.

piaggioDUDE
13th Jun 2008, 10:24
try looking at the trend of late 90's where in PAL av was dominated by sons and daughters of PALers and Politics was so in that the whom you know is the admission to be in the academy. how could a simple juan be in the academy with peanuts in his pockets.while you were enjoying your christmas day with your family and having lots of gifts with you while i was waiting table on this cheap fastfood chain doing double shifts. would you offer to wash airplanes be a driver for a captain or even baby sit just to save up to have a flying time.this is what we call determination.i dont have to tell anybody how i got to florida its a long story and a great adventure.just put your feet on the ground and know where you came from.

what about the Florendo's in davao,cojuangco of tarlac,singson of the north,benedicto of bacolod,ilusorio who owns baguio country club,dimaporo of mindanao,lobregat of zamboanga. and a lot more dudes that are filthy rich and are true blooded juan.not those naturalized rich people that you are talking about.

anyhow i have nothing against PAL av the culture is there standards are being practiced and i am proud of it.now its up to you guys to fulfill your dreams and to be the best aviators.good luck!!:D

St. Ex
17th Jun 2008, 11:36
what about the Florendo's in davao,cojuangco of tarlac,singson of the north,benedicto of bacolod,ilusorio who owns baguio country club,dimaporo of mindanao,lobregat of zamboanga. and a lot more dudes that are filthy rich and are true blooded juan.not those naturalized rich people that you are talking about.

What's the one thing this whole lot has in common? Ferdinand Marcos...all of these guys were his cronies.

jermz
8th Jul 2008, 01:52
Hey Guys,

Is the "Study Now, Pay Later" Program of PAL still up? I've heard that the next batch will start this October 2008...:)

monsoon_xvi
8th Jul 2008, 20:54
hey there zenflyer, smiling goat and rdj05!

i also applied for ao class 2008A, the latest update i got is a tentative start date of october 2008 (as per mr. tirol). if it takes about 3 months from selection/testing to start of classes, then we should expect to be contacted starting now to about august. it's a good idea for us to form a group of some sort so we can gather more info.

am looking forward to meeting all of you, good luck to us all!

jermz
9th Jul 2008, 01:31
Hey Guys,

I also applied for this class (with fingers crossed).

Good luck to us all...

Cheers!

monsoon_xvi
11th Jul 2008, 19:23
With the start of PAL Express operations, according to a press release, 72 pilots were trained for them. Did they come from recent graduates of PAL av school? Will future graduates expect to be assigned to PAL Express?

Thanks in advance!

WxObserver
19th Jul 2008, 01:40
Hey everyone, new to the forums. I found some very useful information here reading the entire thread up to this point, thanks for that.

I'm looking into settling in the Philippines permanently, the idea came to me a few weeks back. Right now, I'm trying to find as much details as I can on PAL Av School. I have some concern if no one minds at all :).

1. To qualify as a pilot trainee, must the applicant need to be a swimmer (not referring to an athlete swimmer)?

2. A poster raised the issue of starting from zero regarding the ab-initio training. I need to confirm if it is a policy that exists in PAL Av, which I thought doesn't exist anywhere. If an applicant has some hours logged in his/her 'old' logbook, can the applicant transfer those hours in his/her 'new' logbook upon accepted into the school, assuming of course they are verifiable?

3. After graduation from ab-initio, would you be able to choose your career pathsay between flight instructing for a few years or proceed to the initial training for the 737 or A320 as S/O, if those were the options available? And who would cover the cost for CFI and the training for light jet?

Don Vito
19th Jul 2008, 03:00
^i can answer only ur 3rd question as i have an instructor who graduated from PAL av. he became an S/O right after graduation. and afaik, he doesnt have an FI license.

St. Ex
19th Jul 2008, 23:25
Incident: Philippine Airlines A333 at Sydney on Jul 17th 2008, takeoff without clearance, B737 crossing runway
By Simon Hradecky, created Friday, Jul 18th 2008 12:13Z, last updated Friday, Jul 18th 2008 12:13Z

A Philippine Airlines Airbus A330-300, registration RP-C3333 performing flight RP212 from Sydney,NS to Melbourne,VI (Australia), was cleared to line up departure runway and hold, but the crew commenced takeoff despite another (unspecified) Boeing 737 crossing the runway.

The Australian Transportation Safety Board is investigating the incident.

calvin_1912
29th Jul 2008, 08:38
Hi! For those who applied for PAL Av School class 2008a, has anyone been contacted by Sir Narmon? I also applied for this batch, but I haven't heard from them yet. :uhoh:

Calvin

Smiling_Goat
30th Jul 2008, 03:48
calvin 1912,

nope... haven't heard from them as well. i was also wondering the same thing if the others have already been contacted re: the application process.

If anyone has any new info, please do let us know.

calvin_1912
30th Jul 2008, 04:51
Hi Smiling_Goat, that makes two of us who haven't been contacted yet!

Hopefully they just haven't started calling people for the recruitment/assessment. For those who also applied for 2008a, please do inform us if you hear of any updates. :ok:

Thanks!

Calvin

calvin_1912
4th Aug 2008, 06:48
Hi Owlllay, where did you hear of this rumor? :eek:
Hopefully it isn't true. Really looking forward to being part of this batch.

calvin_1912
6th Aug 2008, 08:47
Hi eg6racer, I emailed Sir Narmon regarding this year's coming batch of pilot trainees and he replied just this afternoon:

"We're waiting for the schedule of the training to start the assesment of the applicants..as soon as we get the schedule we will inform you asap,."

calvin_1912
7th Aug 2008, 03:32
Nope, Sir Narmon did not mention how he will contact us.
I guess we just have to keep an eye on our cellphones, landlines, and email! :ok:

RDJ05
16th Aug 2008, 07:07
Hey guys, I also applied for the 2008 Alpha Batch and haven’t heard from them also considering I submitted my application months ago (around April). I’m really getting anxious but also relieved to know I’m not the only one who’s still waiting. Lets just cross our fingers and hope the screening and assessment of applicants starts soon! By the way, if any of you guys get contacted by Mr. Tirol, please let us know and give us updates, just post it on this forum. THANKS! :ok:

calvin_1912
18th Aug 2008, 03:34
Maybe the previous batch has not finished their training yet? Does anyone know if they do wait for an existing batch to finish before they get a new one? :hmm:

calvin_1912
23rd Aug 2008, 03:41
No update for me as well... :confused:

calvin_1912
23rd Aug 2008, 14:09
Nope, I haven't applied to any other school for ab-initio.

Omni may be an option, but they do not offer the loan-now-pay-later scheme of PAL.

I thought of applying in Clark Aviation as well but I did not pursue because of what I heard in the other forums...

bisaya
23rd Aug 2008, 21:56
wish harder...

KAchichas
29th Aug 2008, 11:44
to all aspiring people, pal av school seems to be best option to learn to fly and get a job in an airline. clark sim i have doubts. why would you guys shortcut your flying learning curve by flying straight to A320's? your basic and instrument flying will be shortchanged. this airbus a/c's are fly by wire (which means these are not the same as conventional mechanical aircrafts), hand flying 320's is easier in many aspects but once you encounter emergencies w/c remove the automation in lineflying you have to revert to your basic flying. also what will happen if you guys move to other aircrafts which are not fly by wire? student pilots need a lot of stick time. foundation is the key. flying pal av school is a short cut in itself. 200 hrs of single engine and you already get to board a wide body a/c and call yourself an airline pilot! (even if just as an SO). that in itself had its share of doubters before, but due to pilot shortage - not anymore. so guys good luck and hope you get accepted and live your dream.

p.s. guys please dont call narmon as sir. maybe maam would be better...

carlojay
31st Aug 2008, 15:11
Mr. KAchichas aside from pal av what do you think about other flying school? im thinking about going to omni. is it good or what? jeez waiting for the pal av to hire applicant seems too long. maybe they already had a list of candidates for training that theyre already assessing right now. just my thought though

jens40202
31st Aug 2008, 23:50
Carlojay:

Try to look at US schools that still offer the J1 visa, flight training in the US is still tops (in my opinion)- the infrastructure allows for a more well rounded exposure as you can practise multiple instrument approaches and allows you to immerse yourself in night and instrument environments as much as you can. This will be very valuable should you want to go the commercial route later.

thrust clb
1st Sep 2008, 01:49
Buy yourself a c-150 or 152 , cost P1.6m...get an instructor, fly it for 150 hours until you get your cpl. At 3t per hour for fuel and instructor, you'll spend about P500t. When you have your cpl, get maynard halili at airworks to give you your instrument rating, cost is P150t. Go to Genav area look for the guy flying fish and fly copilot on an Aztec for at least 250 hours (no pay). Chances are, you will be hired on the aztec as pic and fly for one whole year ...you earn about P75t/ month average and gain approx 800 hours of solid experience in real world multi-engine ifr environment. By this time, you would have at least 1,000 hours of solid hands-on flying time. Bupak, and Pal will gladly take you . References? go ask around for these names...Mike C. (airphil 737 capt), Lawrence S (Pal dash8 fo), Art V (transglobal 737 fo), Gerard N (bupak 320 fo schooling), Matthew A (airphil 737fo). All of them were my pilots.

When you get your cpl, sell the c150 for the same price you bought it. Total cost (not including the c-150)= less than a Million pesos.

Nasa diskarte lang yan Pare.;)

KAchichas
4th Sep 2008, 14:28
carlojay, pal av is the a good option because as long as you graduate without problems, which means you understand flying, you have 98 percent chance of flying for philippine airlines immediately right after graduation. but the problem is the long queue AND the huge tuition fee. a lot of people now know this fact thus the long wait. i really dont know how they will accomodate everyone. there is a stringent testing process for pal or other airlines, when they do call you so its still not a sure thing. 20/20, color vision, body mass ratio, hand eye coordination, physical exams, brain scan for abnormality, stress threadmill test, etc etc.. so make sure you will pass this tests now before setting ur mind to flying. if they do not call you within the year, i suggest you can try flying for omni. they are a good reputable school. it is owned by capt gomez an ex-pal pilot. his son mike gomez is handling it now (i think) you can try getting in touch with him (he is easy to look for in gen av), you can study with omni for 200 hrs get ur ppl and cpl with instrument then work for them as a fly instructor till u get 500 hrs. minimum time for SO in PAL is 500 hrs. i dunno if they will divide your time by 2 cuz i heard they do if it is single engine time. inquire. at least you have an option. or u can follow Thrust Climb's option which is also a good idea but need a lot of will, hardwork and diskarte:) some people just dream, but if you have the will it can happen. good luck:ok:

Smiling_Goat
6th Oct 2008, 06:30
It's already October...

Any news re: the application process?

I had half-expected the "training" (not the application process) to have started by now...

calvin_1912
6th Oct 2008, 08:02
Hi Smiling_Goat, I just called PAL Aviation School last Friday to follow-up. As usual, they said that they are still waiting for the earlier batch to finish, that's why they haven't started the screening process for the next batch. They also mentioned this time that they are having the delays because of a shortage of flight instructors...

Calvin

calvin_1912
11th Oct 2008, 05:32
Hi, I just got an invitation from PAL Aviation School via email for an orientation on October 27th. Finally they have started contacting people, although it is still the orientation and not the actual screening process yet...

Anyone else here got the email?

Calvin

Smiling_Goat
11th Oct 2008, 06:23
Yup... got the e-mail too. I think the the screening process does begin with the orientation.

thirtythou_feet
11th Oct 2008, 23:13
Good for you guys but for me I didn't receive the invitation email, better if I will contact PAL AV again.

RDJ05
14th Oct 2008, 08:38
Hey guys,

I also got an invitation from PAL for orientation. Hopefully the screening process starts right after the orientation. GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE! See you on Oct. 27!

captn.RN
24th Oct 2008, 05:51
can anyone give me some info about pal av? or tell me their web address... id really like to know soon. thanks!!!:}

calvin_1912
30th Oct 2008, 08:44
Hi, I suggest that you give them a call. Their website does not really contain much info about the training. 526-8829, look for Narmon Tirol or Engr. Meneses.

calvin_1912
30th Oct 2008, 08:50
Hi, is there anyone here in the forums who trained with PAL Aviation School and availed of the loan from Allied Bank?

I contacted Allied Bank and said that they need a guarantor for the loan with an income of at least Php 1 million a year... I do not think I can readily think of anyone that rich who can act as my guarantor.

For those who have availed of the loan in the past batches, is there any other way to get the loan without a guarantor?

Screening at PAL is still on going and I am just asking just in case I get in...

Thanks!

KAchichas
30th Oct 2008, 15:12
I think most people who was able to get a loan had a family member or relative that is already a pilot with pal. there is also a lump sum to be payed once the trainee has graduated. im not really sure about the other details, this is just what i heard from fellow co leagues. good luck to everyone

calvin_1912
31st Oct 2008, 04:05
Thanks for the info!
I guess I just have to look for some other way to convince Allied Bank to extend the loan if ever I pass the screening...

thirtythou_feet
31st Oct 2008, 10:22
Anybody here who passed the impact interview this week?

thirtythou_feet
14th Nov 2008, 08:23
Hi

do you have any idea how many applicant who already pass the psychomotor exam?

calvin_1912
15th Nov 2008, 13:45
Have no idea how many are still in after the psychomotor exam... But during my psychomotor, only one of the six did not make it... So I assume there are still many left!

bnz17
18th Nov 2008, 09:45
hi guys... i have applied for the pilot program of PAL Avschool my psychomotor exam would be this week... just wanna ask if you guys have any idea on the type of tests for the psychomotor... tnx tnx

calvin_1912
18th Nov 2008, 13:21
Just make sure you have fast hands for the psychomotor... :ok:

skipr34
18th Nov 2008, 13:50
hey everyone im new here but ive been reading all the posts i just wanted to share what happerns if you fail the psychomotor?

thirtythou_feet
19th Nov 2008, 00:06
Hi calvin
when was your psychomotor?

bnz17
20th Nov 2008, 08:52
thanks calvin

thirtythou_feet
21st Nov 2008, 00:00
Anybody here who have news regarding on the ongoing process of the pilot trainee applicants

bnz17
21st Nov 2008, 01:13
anyone here knows how the psychological test is done for PAL Avschool applicants ? and does it take 1 whole day for the test?

calvin_1912
21st Nov 2008, 06:54
I had my psychomotor last Friday, November 14.

skipr34
22nd Nov 2008, 15:14
does anyone know when does the schooling for pal start?

thirtythou_feet
23rd Nov 2008, 13:07
the start of the class will be on january and june next year, 12 cadets for january and 12 for june

skipr34
26th Nov 2008, 08:34
hmm. does that mean those who didnt pass the psychomotor exam still have a chance of getting in if they do pass the retest?

thirtythou_feet
11th Dec 2008, 21:47
Any news here?
Any body who already completed the process including the final medical?

Smiling_Goat
18th Dec 2008, 12:10
I failed the depth perception test at PAL Medical. The one with the supposed embossed numbers. But when I consulted with an opthalmologist outside, he gave me a different depth perception test, the one with the dots and the fly, and I passed that with flying colors. What's the deal with the depth perception test? I heard the PAL test is the same test they give at ATO when applying for SPL. Anyone else had a hard time with the depth perception test? Is there a key to figuring it out? Anybody here have some tips in case I run into it again in the future? (And by tips I mean the answers...hehehe...just kidding:p)

thirtythou_feet
19th Dec 2008, 11:58
1 technique in reading the embossed number is don't put your eyes to close in the eyepiece

skipr34
20th Dec 2008, 13:49
why dont you try the depth perception test in the ato too? just to make sure that you have it dialed in.I didnt pass my psychomotor test either i dont know how i am rated, i was only able to do 2 types of tests because i didnt qualify for the 3rd test. well maybe its jsut a setback for good thigns to come. i wish you luck and merry christmas to all

Blue Eagle
22nd Dec 2008, 21:45
Here is the answer key to the depth perception test : 2,4,3,5,4,2,5,4. Good luck guys. Merry Christmas to all.

bisdak
5th Jan 2009, 12:02
hi everyone...is there already a final listing for the batches this yr? what date exactly will the batch begin this January? thank you..

thirtythou_feet
6th Jan 2009, 03:23
there is no final list yet, they said during the orientation that the class will start by january but until right now there are still applicants who having their medicals. I dont have an idea anymore when will be the start of the class.

bnz17
6th Jan 2009, 23:20
Anyone done with their medical exam? just wanna ask what are the types of test?

thirtythou_feet
7th Jan 2009, 04:35
The medical includes treadmill test, EEG, Audiogram, physical and many more

skipr34
7th Jan 2009, 12:52
does anyone have tips for the psychomotor test? i really odnt know how we are scored there and i didnt do so well on that test. what is that briefcase called anyway? thanks

thirtythou_feet
7th Jan 2009, 22:51
maybe what i can advise before you take the exam is try to play "sunka" it may help you to develop your speed and accuray including your hand and eye coordination. About the scoring, before you take the exam they inform you where is the passing mark so you need to be fast and accurate

bnz17
8th Jan 2009, 02:36
thank you sir. are you done with the medical exam? regarding the physical exam part will we repeat the previous physical test where in there was this depth perception test which i believe was the 2nd test or it would be a different one and will we also be required to do some push ups sit ups etc.

thirtythou_feet
8th Jan 2009, 11:26
I'm done with the final medical exam just waiting for the final list. In regards with the final medical exam, we only repeated the eye test which includes the depth perception, visual acuity and color blind.

skipr34
8th Jan 2009, 16:42
sir thirty thanks for the reply and tip goodluck to you and all the others who made it. SUNKA is the key! haha

bnz17
10th Jan 2009, 10:43
Sir basically all you have to do is wait for the final list, wow, god bless and good luck sir and by the way how long would the medical exam take? around 1 whole day? and any advice for the medical exam, hehe thank you sir.

thirtythou_feet
10th Jan 2009, 23:57
bnz17

In regards with the medical, if you are an early bird and you start by 8am you can finish it by lunch and if the PAL medical clinic is not loaded with examinee. Other portion of the medical is to be done in makati med and cardinal santos in greenhills by the way, the exam in cardinal is by reservation so probably you may consume more than a day to complete the whole medical process

fna
12th Jan 2009, 00:34
nice plan. sent you a private email by the way. do you think we can buy a c150/152 in this country?

Smiling_Goat
29th Jan 2009, 01:49
Updates anyone?

Have you guys all finished your final medicals (incl EEG, Stress Test and all)?

Anyone know when the rankings come out?

In the orientation back in October, they said the first batch would start end of January-early Feb...

Equanimity
5th Feb 2009, 04:07
I called the Av School office recently and they told me that the rankings will be out in a couple of weeks, maybe 2 or 3.

win_faa
6th Feb 2009, 06:48
Heres a link of a file video showing PAL Av school Class 2002 Alpha, this is the batch where the daughter of Mr. Lucio Tan graduated

Philippine Airlines Best Pilot Crew For 2002 - Philippine Airlines (http://philippineairlines.ning.com/video/2349672:Video:75)

bnz17
10th Feb 2009, 10:52
Just wanna ask if PAL Aviation School would get a total of 24 cadets from the batch which took their qualifying tests from Nov 2008 to Feb 2009 or just 12

thirtythou_feet
10th Feb 2009, 13:01
They discussed during the orietation that they will get 24, 12 each batch but as per Narmon they may get more than 24 it depends on the management

camper
11th Feb 2009, 04:17
hello boys...does anyone know where to get re's in manila?:confused: tia

maveric16
16th Feb 2009, 01:38
Try PAL LC

RDJ05
26th Feb 2009, 02:18
Hey guys,

Do anyone of you have any news or updates regarding the ranking? And FYI guys, Mr. Narmon had informed me during my initial interview that they will be taking 36 students now. So there will be three sets of pilot trainee classes now.

Equanimity
3rd Mar 2009, 13:56
The results are not even out yet and they said in the orientation 4 months ago that classes were supposed to start in January.

If there will really be 3 classes and if the first class starts anytime this year, then the second class will start in 2010 and the third class will start in 2011.

This is even an optimistic estimation since the last batch took 2 years to finish right?

Smiling_Goat
4th Mar 2009, 02:31
If I remember correctly, they mentioned in the orientation that the first class is to start end of January and the second class will start sometime June or July also this year.

Obviously, the January start has been scrapped. Assuming the rankings come out this month, the first class can probably start in April. There should still be enough time for the second class to begin within the year as well.

ixg888
4th Mar 2009, 02:51
I hope i would be listed at A class of 09 ,, the wait is killing me...

Equanimity
4th Mar 2009, 05:11
If the second class starts later than Nov or Dec then wouldn't some of the tests that the applicants have taken already have expired? I remember that the tests have certain validity periods right? ranging from 6 months to 1 year. Is that the way it works?

ixg888
4th Mar 2009, 06:44
yeah sad to say...

spo3nazgul
15th Mar 2009, 16:29
is the exam of pal hard?

ixg888
15th Mar 2009, 18:20
no it is not hard!.. though the psychomotor exam is quite stressy... after that alls well..

Equanimity
17th Mar 2009, 14:19
News? Rumors? Inside info? Opinions? Anything at all about the results?

ixg888
18th Mar 2009, 12:26
PAL av school is the best aviation school in the PI.

ban831
18th Mar 2009, 18:47
hi ixg888, that's really good to hear. Did you receive an email or you called up Sir Narmon? I'm also an applicant, I hope I'd get in too.

ixg888
20th Mar 2009, 15:09
congats to all who passed...

Equanimity
21st Mar 2009, 00:13
congrats ixg888!

So when do classes start for you?

Congratulations as well to all those who made it.

ixg888
21st Mar 2009, 15:13
:ok: happy to be part of PAL av...

RDJ05
22nd Mar 2009, 05:16
Congratulations x1alpha66!

How many are you in AO Class 2009 Bravo? And when do classes start for you?

eg6racer
22nd Mar 2009, 13:14
x1alpha66 - congrats sir...:ok:

RDJ05 - you have PM... :)

x1alpha66
23rd Mar 2009, 04:54
What exactly does "AO" stand for?

bisdak
23rd Mar 2009, 05:16
..hello sirs...congrats to all of you who made it in....unfortunately i was not able to make it...well m hoping l have my chance next year...was it really that hard?

part_almighty
23rd Mar 2009, 06:38
AB INITIO. What can you say about PAL Av School?

part_almighty
23rd Mar 2009, 06:40
when does AO2009B starts?:)

anansi_boy
24th Mar 2009, 11:55
AO - aviation officer

carlso
26th Mar 2009, 12:52
good evening sir, im new here. i find your threads very informative specially to aspiring pilots like us. i just passed my requirements 2 months ago at pal learning center and sir narmon said he'll give me a call. i wonder when will the next batch start and would you please specify what are the medical requirements? specifically what are the test done in blood profiling? thank you very much and God bless to everyone. :)

Equanimity
26th Mar 2009, 14:48
Carlso:

the screening for the 2009 classes just finished and there are three batches in all, and the first batch has yet to start. Assuming that a batch needs AT THE VERY VERY LEAST one year to complete its training then it will take... well you can do the math.

If I were you I wouldn't worry so much about the medical requirements yet, instead I'd focus on my job and prepare for a long wait. You'll be lucky if you get called for the orientation late next year. In my case, I passed my requirements early 2007 and got called for the orientation in October of last year. That's more than a year's wait.

I'm not trying to discourage you ok? I'm just being real.

Well about the initial medical requirements, just don't get Hepatitis, TB, HIV, or any of those "heavy" diseases, all the rest can be remedied by medication. And don't be on any illegal drugs when you start the screening process. And also if you're colorblind then don't waste your time applying.

But of course before you even think about the medical requirements, you should worry about the first stage, the Impact Interview. A lot of applicants don't even make it past this stage, I'd say around 40-50% of the applicants don't make it through. And I think it's not enough to just merely squeak through the Impact Interview, you should go in there and knock 'em dead with your confidence, conversational skills, enthusiasm, and personality. So that when ranking time comes you'll have an advantage over the other applicants who didn't do quite as well as you did in the Impact Interview.

Well that's a lot of words, I hope I was able to help you.

carlso
26th Mar 2009, 16:51
sir thank you for that very informative post. Now i know i have atleast a year to prepare myself. Are there any other concerns i should be aware of? or let's say the process how the screening is done. God Bless :)

carlso
26th Mar 2009, 16:57
Congrats to those who made it! sna ung success nyo will continue to inspire us all :)

Equanimity
27th Mar 2009, 00:53
PILOT TRAINEE APPLICATION PROCESS

I. Applicants Orientation (All applicants; around 200 more or less)

II. Impact Interview (Panel of 6)

III. General Physical Exam
a. Height
b. Weight
c. Eye Exam (w/ Depth Perception, Color Blindness)

IV. Psychomotor Exam (PAL Office - PNB Building)

V. Psychometric Exam

VI. Complete Physical Exam
a. Height, Weight, Blood Pressure
b. Eye Exam (w/ Depth Perception and Color Blindness)
c. Dental (If necessary you will be asked to have impacted wisdom teeth extracted,
fillings, cleaning)
d. Chest X-Ray
e. Urine and Fecal Exam
f. Blood Exam- (Cholesterol/Triglyceride level is the usual problem)
g. Drug test (Somewhere in Taft Ave; near PAL LC)
h. Hearing test - Audiogram (Makati Medical Center)
i. Treadmill Stress test (Cardinal Santos Medical Center)
j. Electrocardiogram (Cardinal Santos Medical Center)
k. Final Evaluation of fitness for Aviation School.

VII. Waiting for the Results/Rankings

VIII. Results come out
- Around 12-16 pilot trainees per batch; PAL management determines how many batches will open

*Applicants can be eliminated on-the-spot at:
a. Impact Interview
b. Eye Exam
c. Psychomotor Exam
d. Drug Test ( I assume)

*NOTE: In case I left something out or put something that's not supposed to be in there, please do correct me. Thanks.

Equanimity
27th Mar 2009, 01:02
I hope that this helps future Pilot Trainee Applicants, I'm sure it would've helped me when I was applying.

Personally, I found the Psychomotor exam and wisdom teeth extraction to be the most difficult and painful parts:} Next is the Waiting for the results.

Well, thats that.

See you guys in Clark:)

anansi_boy
27th Mar 2009, 04:51
good day! What 09 batch are you part of?

RDJ05
27th Mar 2009, 09:45
Hey!

I understand what you mean! I was also ordered by PAL to get my wisdom tooth extracted and that experience must have been the most difficult and painful 3 hours of life.

x_secutor
27th Mar 2009, 13:52
If I were you, I would try to find out the traditions of PAL Av. Act like a dodo If you want to survive!

Toulost
27th Mar 2009, 17:22
But don't let it get to your head.

Acting like one might be important to survive in a company that has a corporate culture like PAL's. But at the very least, I beseech you future pilots to throw this mindset away right before you enter a cockpit.

Anyone who has an idea of the teamwork that has to happen inside a cockpit knows that this dodo culture breeds the complete antithesis of a safe partnership between Pilot-Flying and Pilot Monitoring. It pretty much throws a solid foundation for CRM (Crew Resource Management) outside the window.

Kung kailangang magpaka-dodo, ok na siguro ang maki-acting-acting sa barracks. Pero kung pwede lang, isuka niyo na muna ito sa bawat beses na hahawak ng 172.

It's never right that an upperclassman shouts at you or "exercises his seniority" over you. It doesn't teach you to be respectful of seniors. It teaches you to be a subordinate. Once you begin to think that maybe a First Officer is also a subordinate of a Captain, then you get accidents like the past runway overruns.

But sadly, things like that will happen and will continue to happen in PALAS. Pero madali lang ang solusyon: pasok lang sa isang tenga, labas sa kabila.

Anyway, wherever all you future pilots may end-up, always ask yourself "Am I being taught to be safe?" and "Am I being taught to work with others IN ORDER TO BE safe?"

Blue skies and safe flying to all!

x_secutor
29th Mar 2009, 14:57
obviously, you do not know the dodo system of PAL AV, or at least not the dodo system implemented now.

Sure we have CRM, that does not apply to upcoming dodos. Only when they have proven themselves that they earn the right to be part of the Crew.

Dodo system is there for a reason. It's not a choice. Accept it or get out.

Just keep in mind, PAL AV graduates fly direct S/O with only 217 flying hours. Others need 1000+ hours (with only half of flying hours in 150,152 and 172s are considered).

camper
30th Mar 2009, 00:14
hoy x secutor...tama na yung pa dodo dodo mo dyan...laos na yan ...patay na yan....:= you sound like an over eager upperclassman...the dodo is extinct, boy...concentrate on your job as a pilot...

Equanimity
30th Mar 2009, 03:54
So what is the dodo system?

And what is the reason for it?

Do all aviation schools have this?

Maybe someone can explain to us the uninitiated what it is all about, in a nutshell.

carlso
30th Mar 2009, 07:49
I agree. what is it?

KAchichas
2nd Apr 2009, 15:05
if u had problems with psychomotor medyo mahirap yan. it should be really easy.

dodo system? it has advantages and disadvantages, but lotsa people take advantage of it in the wrong way thru the lower class guys. and its only advantageous if people know how to apply it properly. kung puro mase mase lang walang kwenta.

carlso
3rd Apr 2009, 13:42
i see. so this is how it goes, kind of a inferiority problem. can somebody describe to me how psychomotor is done. would really appreciate it. thanks and God Bless to everyone

carlso
7th Apr 2009, 16:53
sir im an applicant. i think im applying for the 2010 batch. the office said they'll start processing the applications this november. hopefully i'll make it. one step at a time. I'd been working out a lot and doing some cardio, they said i have to get my weight down by 171 lbs for a 5'11".

Are there any other infos or progress? good luck to us!:)

x1alpha66
3rd May 2009, 11:45
any updates? has alpha ground schooling started yet?

carlso
28th May 2009, 16:19
hey guys, does anyone have information bout the progress on the application of class 2010??

zeroflaps
29th May 2009, 02:32
Hey guys...

I am deciding to apply for PAL Av School but my contact inside PAL told me that the airline stopped hiring new pilots until 2011. what will happen to the graduates this year next year and 2 years? maybe they will just wait it out no choice. Its hard to find 2million pesos for tuition and not have job as pilot after.

May I ask to those who have info is this true?

zeroflaps
29th May 2009, 04:44
x1alpha66: are you in batch 09? are you training now? is training difficult?

zeroflaps
29th May 2009, 10:05
the 2007 Bravo batch have not even half of the required time? does that mean they have been in pal av school for 2 years and it will take another 2 years to complete? is pal av school really that long?

sorry for all the questions guys

zeroflaps
31st May 2009, 03:45
I asked my connections in PAL and read the forums now i know that there are 3 batches in Av School now. 2 in clark and 1 in Manila and there are 2 more waiting. that makes 5 batches all. i know now that there is a long wait to get to av school and another long wait to become an airline pilot. i hope i wont be too old when application starts again.

carlso
1st Jun 2009, 13:26
hey bro what batch are you applying for?

bisdak
3rd Jun 2009, 01:54
gud day sir toulost, i find your posts very informative, at least now i already have an idea on whats going on with the pal trainees...sir if i may ask, are you one of them sir? i mean from what batch are you from?

baller13
3rd Jun 2009, 12:55
hello.

i have a question. i will be finishing my 4 year course this october and i would like to ask, what are the initial requirements for application in pal aviation school? where should i pass it?

many thanks :)

x_secutor
5th Jun 2009, 13:45
Situation:

2006A:20 students
Only 2 are now flying in 747s. Others are waiting almost a year now.

2007A:20 students
Still busy with their Advance instruments

2007B: 16 students
Not even close to half the training.

2009A:16 students
PPL ground school

2009B and 2009C:34 students
still waiting.

2010A:
Not sure if there will be a 2010A.

Do the math:
18+20+16+16+16+18=88 students training/waiting in line

General Aviation:
a lot of graduates but will be waiting for the 88 students before they get their chance to apply at PAL. That is, if they qualify!
Flying hours required for Gen Av pilots to apply at PAL are way too high compared to Pal Av graduates.

Go ahead and use your calculator and see If PAL Av's 2M tuition is expensive as compared to Gen Av.

It may be that training at PAL Av takes a lot of time, but compared to Gen Av, Pal Av graduates get hired at 217 flying hours plus they have the priority to be hired before other pilots from Gen Av. Gen Av pilots needs 1000+ hours to apply.

Option:

Clark Aviation:
training is 4M but you get rated on Airbus 320.
But there is a catch, to get the MPL license for A320, you need 10 landings on a real Airbus 320 (which the 4M does not cover). Solution is to get a grant from cebu pacific who pays half the tuition, lets you fly their A320 to get the 10 landings and hires you right after.

zeroflaps
6th Jun 2009, 01:31
its confirmed then there is a long long wait for pal. last year i should have applied for the 2009 batches.

maybe there wont be a 2010 batch and 2009C will just become the 2010A if there is no more time this year. that means 2011 will be the next application period.

oh well... just good luck to all pal av students and applicants too.

PS. I heard that the tuition for pal av is already 3M

ixg888
10th Jun 2009, 13:07
what could possibly be the picture when the 777's arrive? will there be a legitimate movement?... I heard it will come before the end of the year and there are 319's or 320's coming in also.

chrazemaster
10th Jun 2009, 17:07
sir x_secutor when you said 2006A:20 studentsOnly 2 are now flying in 747s. Others are waiting almost a year now.-what are they doing while waiting? are they flying lower class planes or doing a different job?I am sorry but I am a newbie so I dont have much knowledge about the aviation.also about the fee for PAL aviation I inquired last May and they said it is 2.7M you can pay in 4 equal separate payments.Thank you,

dominci
10th Jun 2009, 19:52
Hello everybody!

I'd like to ask why pal av school doesn't accept applicants that wear glasses. Though in their website they say they accept pilots that wear corrective lenses.

Would they accept an applicant that underwent laser surgery to correct his vision? Do their doctors need to examine the applicant before having surgery or is he expected to have done the surgery before applying?

Thanks.

carlso
11th Jun 2009, 10:06
wow already 2.7M? more time to wait and more money to spend. wheew.

chrazemaster
19th Jun 2009, 12:39
Found out that if you pass the initial requirements you'll have to wait for a month or so before you get the result if you are qualified to take the exam, the next exam is on january or february and the class will start on may... waiting time is sooo loonnngggg T_T

anansi_boy
20th Jun 2009, 02:08
Waiting is part of the sacrifices you have to make. This isn't like applying for a call center agent position. If you think that the wait is too long just imagine what it feels like for cpl holders who have been waiting for years even decades to enter the line.

x1alpha66
20th Jun 2009, 05:44
so are the batches who finished their CPL/IR but got affected by the hiring freeze still waiting for the line? aren't there other options for them, especially that they would need to start paying for the loan they took with Allied Bank. are they not allowed to look for work else where?

i heard that they have stopped the study loans already last month.

zeroflaps
23rd Jun 2009, 10:56
The wait will be really really long. As a matter in fact 09A has stopped training they are not in Clark yet even. They are still waiting for the announcement when they will go.

Yup i found out also that there is no more loan from allied bank for future PAL Aviation students

x1alpha66
23rd Jul 2009, 23:43
i heard the long wait is finally over. 09A has started flying in Clark. Bravo is starting soon. and they'll be getting loans too.

rq4globalhawk
24th Jul 2009, 02:38
you need 10 landings on a real Airbus 320 (which the 4M does not cover).

I asked a Clark Av instructor about that, and he said the aircraft training phase (10 TAGs) is covered by the 4M. Use of an actual A320 is pretty expensive - will try to verify that and get back to this forum.

bisaya
24th Jul 2009, 09:07
Base Training on Airbus A320

Aircraft $1,600/hour x 1 hour $1,600
Fuel $950/ton x 4 tons $3,800
Instructor $xxx./hour x 1 hour $xxx
---------- ------------------- -------

figures from an asian carrier...

rq4globalhawk
29th Jul 2009, 11:10
you need 10 landings on a real Airbus 320 (which the 4M does not cover).

It's 12 TAGs ... and I've verified it - the school (Clark Avn) shoulders the cost.

Aerocadet
2nd Aug 2009, 13:13
Good day!

I would just like to ask if there are any flight instructor job openings at PAL Av. Does anyone know the minimum or preferred requirements in applying for such position? (proficient in glass cockpit systems for the C-172R, multi-engine rated)

Anyway, is PAL Av still using Piper Seminoles?

THANKS! :ok:

redbug_zippy
17th Aug 2009, 00:40
what? those guys who graduated since 2006 only two were flying 747's? what kind of program is that? spending nearly a fortune on your training and still it's been 3 years and you're "waiting"?

now you do the math...if those "gen av" pilots had graduated the same year with those guys in PALav, i'm pretty sure that "some" of them are already earning money while they are flying (might as be a flight instructor or charter pilot), for those "3 years", i bet you already gained few hours/expereince to apply in an airline (betcha, it will not be PAL coz PAL only accepts people who are (1) ASTRONAUTS, (2) have "yoke" in their hands since they were born, and (3) someone who knows "someone" from the inside).

take note: NOT ALL GRADUATES FROM PALAV WILL BE ABSORBED, THEY STILL HAVE TO QUALIFY IN ORDER TO GET INTO THE LINE.

and remember guys...PAL is not the only airline in the philippines

and i also pity those flight instructors in PALav, some of them are still waiting for their chance to have their slot in the line, so that means thay might still have to wait for those 88 students to get into the line before they will..

x1alpha66
23rd Sep 2009, 10:20
i heard that 2009 Bravo batch has started already and Charlie would have their orientation soon. but then, they might be moved up as 2010 alpha batch already since they might start next year.

but then, there's still the hiring freeze and the students are already piling up...

Eight Ball
23rd Sep 2009, 12:58
I know some of the PAL Av school graduates last year and they too are also suffering from the effects of the freeze hiring. I wanted to help them but the Gen Av scene cannot sustain medium to long term financial relief to those who are looking for work to pay for the loans while waiting for PAL to get back on it's feet. The guys and girl I've met are the most courteous, knowledgeable and disciplined people and I hope they can weather this out. The other solution is for them to take up instructor training however some schools are now struggling too as the Indian market is slowly drying up. We can only hope too that the other market ( Arabs ) will continue to increase and replace India.

Anyway, to those waiting, just keep your chin up and dig deep. This is the same problem for all CPL holders who are also lining up to be hired by the airlines and still waiting and could be waiting for a very long time. I hope the purchase of the new B777s would solve some if not most of these problems for PAL Av school.

Good luck to everyone

8ball

onedelacruz
27th Sep 2009, 07:26
can those guys from pal av apply in other airlines like 5J, Z2, DG etc? How many hours does one need to log to make it to the airlines?

It's sad to hear that the pal av graduates are hit by the current hiring freeze in pal... Others have to finance for their student loans as well.. Any idea how much pilots earn nowadays (S/Os, F/Os, Capt.)?

Hope things get better soon...

x1alpha66
27th Sep 2009, 09:32
with 200+ hours after pal av school, it still doesn't meet the airline requirements like the 500hours for 5J atr plus additional 20 multi time.

of course they can try gen av, they do have a CPL/IR license.

onedelacruz
27th Sep 2009, 10:41
what's it like to be in the gen av scene? can the gen av accommodate the pal av grads before moving to the airlines? and would anyone know how are the latest pal av graduates doing right now?

M 0.78
11th Oct 2009, 23:14
I have heard that PAL Express will accept applications from Omni graduates with a minimum of 200 hours. Of course, they are also accepting applications from grads of other schools with lots more time.

Note: The source did not say the applicants would be hired. But getting your application on the desk of the decision maker is Step One.

PAL Express won't touch PAL Avschool grads because those are "reserved" for PAL.

Many PAL pilots have sent their kids to PAL Avschool with the belief that they'll be guaranteed employment with PAL. Not true. Kids and relatives of several PAL admin (as well as non-admin pilots) pilots have been sent to Omni for their training. Maybe they know something the others don't.

9ball
11th Oct 2009, 23:49
PAL Express is on a hiring freeze. is this recent development? I don't see any new Q400 or Q300 lately. what will these newbies be flying?

yano
12th Oct 2009, 07:33
They might fly with airphils :ok:

Air Philippines sets refleeting program
Monday, 05 October 2009 20:38

AIR Philippines, the low-cost partner of flag carrier Philippine Airlines (PAL), will undergo a refleeting program before the end of the year.
“Air Philippines will soon announce its refleeting plan since it is a separate company. It will operate on its own. It will be a whole new Air Phil.,” said PAL president Jaime Bautista.
Air Philippines is 99-percent owned by the Lucio Tan Group of Companies. PAL, on the other hand, is 95-percent owned by the group.
Air Philippines, for the moment, has ceased operations. “Yes, it has stopped flying the 737-200 jet aircraft because these consume more jet fuel than other types of aircraft. It needs to be replaced,” Bautista said.
PAL Express, another low-fare unit of PAL, is currently flying the routes assigned to Air Philippines, added Bautista.
Both PAL and Air Philippines, said the PAL executive, are looking to strengthen their operations with modest fleet and route network buildups despite predictions by the International Air Transport Association of a dip in industry earnings due to higher fuel prices.
The two airlines have had close complementation in their flight operations, feeding passengers into each other’s networks and ensuring seamless connections via their joint hubs at Naia Centennial Terminal 2 in Manila and Mactan International Airport in Cebu.
Bautista said the partnership of PAL and Air Philippines yielded operational synergies that enabled the alliance to deliver a superior product to passengers.
Air Philippines carried 254, 244 passengers in the first half of the year out of the possible 335,392 seats while PAL transported 3,207,060.
The company used to operate Bombardier Q300 turbo-prop aircraft but these are now being operated by PAL Express, which carried a total of 623,000 passengers from April 2008 to March 2009.

source:

Air Philippines sets refleeting program (http://businessmirror.com.ph/home/companies/16880-air-philippines-sets-refleeting-program.html)

M 0.78
13th Oct 2009, 01:57
9ball

PAL Express is on a hiring freeze. is this recent development? I don't see any new Q400 or Q300 lately. what will these newbies be flying?

As I wrote, I was told that they will accept applications from certain relatively low-time pilots. Nothing was said about actually training or hiring anybody.

The latest word about PAL Express is that they'll be acquiring A320s with the high-density seating config similar to those of 5J and Zest. Scouts have located some candidate aircraft in China. A number of PAL A320 pilots who were rehired after retirement on a contractual basis after turning 60 are on the short list for the first positions. A Q300/400 captain I spoke with told me he is on deck for A320 training.

So there is obviously something serious going on. Whether or not PAL Express will actually ever operate A320s remains to be seen. Talk is cheap. Actual planning is more difficult. It would seem that they have gone well beyond the planning stage and there are real names on the crew roster. Wait and see.

abacada
19th Oct 2009, 23:59
any news on when's pal going to start training for the next batch of pilot trainees?

x1alpha66
2nd Nov 2009, 09:03
i heard 2009 charlie is starting early NEXT YEAR...2010

zeroflaps
27th Nov 2009, 00:35
Now that 2007A has graduated will 2009 bravo and charlie go to Clark? And will PAL AV school processing new applicants for pilot trainee?

I have been preparing hard last few months for this and I belive that I am ready for 2010 alpha.

x_secutor
27th Nov 2009, 10:59
I doubt if there will be a 2010 alpha. Situation is, pal av can actually accomodate more students but the limiting factor is the barracks. The reason for the delay of 2009 bravo going to clark is because they have to wait for 2007a to graduate so they can occupy their rooms. same as for 2009 charlie, they have to wait for 2007 bravo to graduate(expected april 2010) before they can go to clark. So 2010 alpha will have to wait for 2009 alpha to graduate and knowing that 2007a took 2 years and 2 months to graduate, 2010 alpha is a long shot. good luck!

Mysha Da Kat
28th Nov 2009, 10:08
Lack of accommodations is a pretty lame excuse for not starting a new class. In the past, students have been billeted in rented homes around Angeles City.

flight_time
29th Nov 2009, 03:35
hmmm... could there be an oversupply of PAL pilot trainees? Do you think PAL can accommodate most of their graduates given that PAL accepted quite a number of students for 2009 and are now members of 2009 Alpha, 2009 Bravo and 2009 Charlie?

Here's the situation:

2007 Alpha has just graduated. And now, they'll be looking for their sweet spot in the industry (hopefully with PAL). Having logged 200+ hours in their logbooks, each one of them is hoping that PAL would take them in as SO.

2007 Bravo is still in training but getting there..

2009 Alpha and 2009 Bravo have commenced on their training. Not sure about 2009 Charlie.

Given the current situation of our aviation industry (CAT 2 downgrade, stiff competition with OAL), an airlines' loss in fuel hedges, etc. can PAL take in most of these hopefulls in the line right after graduation? Or would they have to wait for _x_ months / years to get in the line? After devoting 2 years of your life to schooling, spending millions of pesos for training, getting unwavering support from your families, making other sacrifices, it would definitely be frustrating to end up with nada after going through the whole process.

Could there be a bottleneck of students at the of the road? :ugh:
What will the future hold for those who will not make it in the line?

What's your take?

abacada
30th Nov 2009, 02:25
hi flight_time!

regarding your post, i wish someone would shed some light regarding the current situation... I myself wish to enter this profession and in need of some advice. I have posted some questions in the other thread..

Everyone, pls feel free to visit the thread:

http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far-east/391836-best-flying-school-enroll-philippines-3.html

You may PM me if you want... :)

Thanks!

abacada

x_secutor
2nd Dec 2009, 09:35
Definitely there will be a bottleneck in getting into PAL after graduating at PAL aviation school. But the advantage of graduating in PAL Av as compared to other aviation school is that graduates get priority in getting hired by PAL. Only PAL graduates get hired as second officers with only 200+ hours. That is a huge bargain than flying in other schools that are cheaper but does not guarantee being hired. PAL hires pilots from general aviation with 1000+ hours in single engine or I think 500+ hours on a twin engine (do correct me if I am wrong) and even with those hours, you’ll have to wait for Pal av graduates to get hired before you get your chance. BUT! if you have a contact from the inside with high power, then you probably would be hired with less hours.

The only flying school that has an edge against pal aviation is clark aviation. But then again, I heard that they have stopped accepting new applicants and only those with sponsorship from cebu pac have a future and others will be left waiting for someone to lend their a320 to get their rating.

Really if you do the math, you will end up spending less money with pal av. Trainees only pay P1500 for accommodation per month. Airlink trainees pay 1500 per day for accommodation + the cost of getting to lubang every week.

x1alpha66
23rd Jan 2010, 21:18
I heard 09C has started and they were "upgraded" to 2010A! They might finish their ground school around March/April, in time for 07B's graduation so all batch 09 will be staying in Clark for the next year or two.

Smiling_Goat
24th Jan 2010, 06:18
Are there any plans to add a Bravo class for 2010?

gerpols
24th Jan 2010, 08:42
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if PAL AVIATION requires flight instructors ?
Anyone has an E-Mail adres to mail my resume to ?
Thanks,
Fly safe !
Gary
[email protected]

Mysha Da Kat
9th Feb 2010, 23:39
PAL has just let go of 11 A320 captains and 7 A320 first officers as well as several wide-body pilots who are over 60 years old. This is all part of cost cutting and preparation for Air Philippines' A320 operations.

None of the pilots are happy with this situation and many are planning to leave the airline. Perhaps that will create openings for fresh Avschool grads in the long run.

Note: Most PAL Avschool instructors are ex-Air Link or worse. The standard of training is rather low compared to some other schools. They do have the nicest planes, though. If you just need a license and want a good shot at getting into PAL, Avschool is your best bet. But if you want to learn how to fly, you need to go somewhere else.

stephenlink
10th Feb 2010, 06:16
:eek: PAL is about to give around 8 A320 to Air Philippines..is it true?, there's a lot of rumors buzzing around regarding the reincarnation of this airline, are we expecting more surprises to come:confused: 11 Capts. and 7 FO? wow!! That's a lot...

MironPart2
10th Feb 2010, 15:21
PAL is sinking. inside information: LT wants out of business but no wise businessman will take the millions of debt. LT went to EVA to wet lease 777 but EVA do not like it. PAL pilots are looking for jobs. many are eyeing Asiana.
Admin pilots also fired. one was the padrino man (ex ALPAP officer). another is everybody's enemy.

Smiling_Goat
16th Feb 2010, 12:02
I called PAL earlier today and they said they are no longer planning on screening pilot trainees for the rest of 2010.

Don Vito
20th Feb 2010, 02:47
but they do have a 2010 alpha batch. they started ground school this month.

jetcruiser
20th Feb 2010, 03:43
Av school is no longer an assurance for placement. Its a business , isnt it ?

Smiling_Goat
20th Feb 2010, 04:35
I believe 2010 Alpha was supposed to be 2009 Charlie. They got pushed back so far with delays that they now became 2010 Alpha.

stephenlink
20th Feb 2010, 05:34
Rumors is that PAL will not hire until 2011

x1alpha66
10th Apr 2010, 03:03
Congrats to 07B who are graduating this month. heard, there would be hiring soon too. maybe because of the Airphil express-PAL debacle. and yes 10A was 09C. heard they are starting this month too.

jeboy
10th Apr 2010, 11:06
I wonder what happened to my application. It's been 6 months since I submitted my diploma, transcript, resume and birth certificate at PALAS. Kailan ba next batch nila?

Smiling_Goat
12th Apr 2010, 14:51
I called them 2 months ago and they said they no longer have any plans of processing applications this year. Baka next year na ulit...

mach.86
17th Apr 2010, 02:01
wake up guys. to join avschool during these trying times (for pal, while the rest of the world expands), thinking that hiring will resume sometime in 2011, is shooting for the moon in the cynical sense. avschool has lost its luster. there are better options out there.

Try Hard 4.0
17th Apr 2010, 09:12
there a lot of PAL Av grads today that could not find a job....
training in PAL takes 2 years... while training for other schools which can include you Flight Instructor course can take you 1 year + ... you can already have lots of hours in 2 years teaching and lots of earnings already....

PAL Av advantage: once the hiring starts- they get the first call though

Smiling_Goat
18th Apr 2010, 10:23
If 07B are only graduating now, that means it took them almost 3 years to complete the training. If they (optimistically) start the screening process again next year, then it could be 2014 already by the time you graduate.

anansi_boy
25th Apr 2010, 02:48
The length of training really depends on weather. There are safety standards that have to be met before flights can be given a green light.

franztorres21
26th Apr 2010, 22:55
any update for the next batch of applicants to be interviewed?

bisdak
10th May 2010, 19:37
@ anansi_boy: i agree..they have strict safety standards

Mysha Da Kat
6th Jun 2010, 03:44
I believe Avschool cadets are not allowed to solo if the crosswind component exceeds 5 knots. Also, they are not allowed to fly if the sky cover is more than scattered.

That's not safety. That's fear.

The cadets are also not given the stall training required by CAAP and every other civil aviation authority in the world.

That's not safety. That's premeditated homicide.

You should have been there the day the cadets were sitting on the bleachers (grounded) watching a teenaged female high school student practice her crosswind touch & go's solo.

:ugh:

ban991
7th Jun 2010, 12:31
I think the school's standards are strict for safety reasons and it shows in their track record. Consider the fact that they have 5 C172Rs with still complete and working traditional instrumentation (I heard they have new planes with full glass cockpit avionics..Sweet!!!) that are more than a decade old and no crashes at all. Can you say the same to the other operators using the same runway? 100% reliability and safety. Great safety record indeed.

I dont believe they are not given any stall training. Can you substantiate your allegation? 5 knots and scattered skycover and no more flights? You believe so? How so? Is it possible what you believe maybe erroneous? If true thats really not good. How about visibility requirements? They are a flight school and not a commercial enterprise so maybe thats why the strict weather minimums.

Fear and premeditated homicide? - A bit melodramatic dont you think. Tone down the mudslinging please. What we need are concrete information and less of emotion laden/driven statements so people can make an informed choice whether they want to try PAL Av or not. I havent learned anything substantial from your statements but rants and that for some reason you hate PAL Av. What gives?

As for me I want to fly their glass cockpit C172s. Does anyone know whether they accept walk-in applicants?

Peace :}

ban991
7th Jun 2010, 12:44
Mabuhay tayong lahat hahaha

anansi_boy
7th Jun 2010, 14:55
Whoa! Strong opinions there. Have you got any evidence regarding your claims? So we can be enlightened:cool:

Aerocadet
9th Jun 2010, 07:10
I wanna fly those C-172R and glass cockpit! :eek:
Does anyone know any flight school aside from PAL Av that offers training in glass cockpit singles?

Thanks! :ok:

FlipFly
10th Jun 2010, 14:21
Guys. No comment on the flight school but with regards to flying glass; if your a low SEL-timer then put in a few more hours into your maneuvers and IFR training before going glass. Oh well, whatever makes you guys fly safer and happier makes me happier as well. There's one parked in Mactan all the time. Let me know if your really serious about renting it out (I'm sure it'll be costly) and then I'll ask a friend.

busdriver2010
8th Aug 2010, 14:09
does anyone have any news regarding the next batch of training? are 2006A already in with PAL?

flight_time
18th Aug 2010, 01:56
Any updates on what 07 Alpha and 07 Bravo of PAL Av doing now?

Have all of them entered the line? Or if not, what keeps them busy nowadays?

onedelacruz
18th Aug 2010, 03:04
there a lot of PAL Av grads today that could not find a job....
training in PAL takes 2 years... while training for other schools which can include you Flight Instructor course can take you 1 year + ... you can already have lots of hours in 2 years teaching and lots of earnings already....

PAL Av advantage: once the hiring starts- they get the first call though

- Try Hard 4.0

----

Given the fact that PAL gives priority to its graduates, is it safe to say that graduating from other av school in the country would merit you little chance of entering the airline?

CebuPac also did the same thing. A few years back, CebuPac sent pilot trainees to CIA for MPL training. Three years later, these guys are now flying CEB's airbus.

Bottomline is what are the chances of getting into these airlines if you would not be coming from their training programs? What are the options left for those who could not make it to the line? Can anyone who trained from other av school get a shot of getting into the airline nowadays?

I myself would want to take up flying but quite hesitant because of these gray areas along the way. I'm thinking of training at other av school because PAL Av is a long wait and CEB is not accepting anymore cadet training. I'm aiming for the airlines but the path towards it is uncertain.

Would anyone who has knowledge please enlighten and give some advice.. Thanks!

ban991
21st Aug 2010, 08:05
@flighttime & onedelacruz:

The pilot composition of PAL consist of majority their graduates followed by Air Force/Navy Pilots then Gen. Aviation. The point is PAL source some of their pilots from Gen. Aviation and non-airline owned aviation schools. The path is not uncertain at all - it may just take a while.

You want to learn to fly?! then go find a flying school and be a pilot.
Patience lang mga pare! Matutong pumila....Besides PAL at Cebu Pac lang ba ang airline sa Pilipinas?! eh paano si Zest Air/Air Phil/Seaair? Eh wala naman silang aviation school pero may mga piloto sila. Kung nagkataon hindi kayo nakapasok sa airline may iba't - ibang klase pa naman na flying (corporate/charter etc....). May buhay sa labas ng airlines. :ok:

abacada
11th Sep 2010, 06:57
Hello!

Any updates on the latest PAL Av school grads (batch 2007)? Have they been absorbed by PAL given that PAL lost some pilots last month? What are they up to nowadays?

What is the pilot to aircraft ratio of airlines?

ona_jms
16th Sep 2010, 15:41
Hello.

I have received an invitation for Ab-Initio Training Selection Process Orientation from PAL Av. this coming October 12, 2010.
Anyone here who has also received the invitation?

thx.

carlso
19th Sep 2010, 06:55
same here bro. good luck to us!

steniel8
24th Sep 2010, 03:26
same here brod..

Aerocadet
24th Sep 2010, 09:42
A friend of mine also received an invitation.

Good luck to everyone! :ok: Especially to those you will be accepted in the programme.

toffeebuenafe
24th Sep 2010, 12:56
Wow! Is this for 2011 alpha? How were u guys invited?

ona_jms
25th Sep 2010, 04:04
Sir PJ e-mailed us. It's been a year since I had passed all the initial requirements. I thought they will recruit at the end of 2011 because of the freeze hiring, but I think that the recent incidents that happened to regard PAL pilots leaving have changed it.

amigo69
27th Sep 2010, 02:08
Hi everyone,

I've seen this comment somewhere:

"i agree that pal av training is definitely one of the best. but this is only the best if you wanna work for pal. but, no work for most graduates because pal has full pilots anyway. so no use for them. you spend soo much but then no work later. oh my gosh"

How true is this person's claim? Are there any recent PAL avschool grads getting the call from PAL and currently training for the airline? What's up with the flying careers of these newly grads? Any progression in their careers? Could anyone share what's going on inside PAL?

Batch 2007 (Alpha and Bravo) were their latest graduates. Based from the posts above it seems that PAL is recruiting for Batch 2011. But hey, for those who do not know, there are three batches currently training in Clark (about 50+ students). Now how in the world could PAL accommodate its graduates assuming that most if not all are qualified? I suggest you ask this when you attend your orientation.

TOPSAIR
28th Sep 2010, 18:24
hi i'm planning to take up PPL course in perpetual sapphire school of aviation this month and after that i'm planning to take my CPL in omni aviation.. but upon reading previous posts from different topics here i became hesitant..and i dont know if i'm doing the right decisions..i'm worried if i would be able to land a job after this..maybe someone here can guide me on what to do?

thanks, God Bless!!!

TOPSAIR

ban991
3rd Oct 2010, 05:43
Need info. PM me

onedelacruz
13th Oct 2010, 03:22
How did the orientation go? Care to share some info / details from those who attended?

ona_jms
13th Oct 2010, 14:27
Tuition fee = 3.3m ; NO MORE STUDENT LOAN.
----------------------------------------------
Selection Process:

1. impact interview - can be eliminated on-the- spot

2. initial medical exam - can be eliminated on-the- spot

3. psychomotor exam - can be eliminated on-the- spot

4. psychological exam- testing fee of P5,000

5. final medical exam - fee is P6,500

6. ranking of candidates.

------------------------------------------------------------
3 batches for 2011. 11 per batch.

no guarantee that you''ll work for them after you graduate.. they admitted it.

onedelacruz
13th Oct 2010, 23:50
thanks ona_jms!

3.3M tuition, no student loan, no guarantee of work

some of those who attended the orientation might have been turned off upon hearing this.. grabe naman..

onedelacruz
14th Oct 2010, 05:19
ona_jms, pls check your PM.

abacada
14th Oct 2010, 07:07
WOW!

3.3M tuition fee, no student loan, and no guarantee of employment with PAL?

Grabe naman.

In the first place, all training expenses will be handled by the student. It's not PAL's money but it's their students'. And PAL will not be shelling out a single centavo on their student's training. I think the least that PAL can do is to guarantee employment in their company. Since they'll be the ones who'll gonna train the students, they should at least assure employment at PAL.

And the tuition fee has increased steeply. If I'm not mistaken, the tuition was less than 2.5M or 3M a few years ago. What makes it more difficult to afford is the unavailability of student loan.

Grabe.

toffeebuenafe
14th Oct 2010, 08:04
That's a whopping 109 million pesos for PAL.

Even if u make it to the magic 33 after the final rankings, think again. Very very rigid screening process, no loans, no guaranteed employment. They dont need captains, they need your money. Enough said.

GRABE NGA TALAGA. ;-)

chairwrecker
15th Oct 2010, 00:27
for that kind of money and with no guarantee of a job in the end, what makes PAL AV school worthwhile compared to, say, Omni? the glass cockpits? this sucks big time

anansi_boy
15th Oct 2010, 16:49
Guys, no one is forcing you to apply at PAL av school. Even before no one ever said that if you graduate from pal av school you will be hired by the company. Taking up flying is just like taking up law or medicine, do you think new doctors or lawyers get a job that easily? Of course sometimes it all depends on the school you came from and most of the time it depends of what kind of student you are. So if you haven't even started yet and you're already whining about this and that, maybe you're heart isn't really set for a career in aviation. Find some other job that might provide you with what you're looking for, leave flying to those who enjoy it as it is.:cool:

flight_time
16th Oct 2010, 00:11
anansi_boy

pls check you PM.

thanks!

carlso
17th Oct 2010, 22:44
I strongly agree with ansansi boy. In my opinion, yeah it's quite pricey but i think it's worth every penny you spend. You'll get the best training the country has to offer.