View Full Version : PAL av school

Pages : 1 2 [3]

abacada
18th Oct 2010, 04:27
I think PAL should at least guarantee employment to their students. If they'll be training the "best pilots in the country" (READ: Through these portals pass the BEST PILOTS IN THE PHILIPPINES) wouldn't it be rational for them to secure ther graduates' future?

The tuition is very pricey and you might even shell out additional funds in the end because PAL might not be hiring by the time you graduate.. You'll have to look for ways to keep yourself current by taking a flight insructor course, renting a plane or getting a paying co-pilot job.. That's additional expense on top of your tuition and other expenses at PAL Av.

Plus, the wait would be very very very long as you'll find yourself queueing behind those guys currently training in Clark.

chairwrecker
18th Oct 2010, 10:49
anansi, carlo,
3M is no joke. i guess i dont have 3M to throw away, unlike u? :)

comparing pilots to doctors or lawyers is bad analogy because doctors and lawyers can start practicing their professions right away after getting their degree, whereas for pilots after pilot training, it's simply not like that.

also saying PAL AV school is the best in the country, im sure, is up for debate. ;)

anansi_boy
19th Oct 2010, 13:24
I don't have that amount of money either:) That's why I had to work immediately after getting my cpl. I wouldn't have the slightest idea how fast lawyers and doctors get hired after graduation but I'm thinking of how many thousands of lawyers and doctors graduate each year.

It's really simple, if you don't like pal or pal aviation school then don't apply. Complaining won't get you anywhere near your goal of becoming a pilot. I'm sure everyone would agree with this:ok:

rq4globalhawk
19th Oct 2010, 13:53
"no guarantee that you''ll work for them after you graduate.. they admitted it." ... "grabe"

I am not aware of any airline that will guarantee employment, specially from the start of ab initio training.

Now this is how the cookie crumbles ...

Prior to probationary employment you have to pass physical and medical exams, individual and panel interviews and written tests. Next, you have to pass the airline's aircraft qualification course (simulator and line check rides). Before the six-month probationary period is over the pilot has to undergo a sim check then panel interview again.

Not every Tomas, Ricardo and Horacio can be an airline pilot. Most PAL AvSchool graduates make it, some don't. The airline has a responsibility to the riding public so you fellows have to meet the airline's and the civil authorities' standards.

Even as a regular line pilot there are still mine fields along the way but that is another story.

john_p
27th Oct 2010, 03:26
Any one from the recent batch who attended the Oct 12, 2010 orientation already finished psychomotor exam? I'm taking the exam next week so i would appreciate any tips on the preparation. And probably information on how it is being conducted. :-) Thank you.

busdriver2010
9th Nov 2010, 12:18
Still awaiting for the results of the psychological exam.. Just wanted to know about the final medical, Can it be completed in half day for the first part? I think there are tests wherein it needs to be done in Makati Med and Cardinal Santos. Need comments from the previous batches.. Thanks..

ban831
23rd Nov 2010, 00:09
any updates on the upcoming batches?

busdriver2010
8th Dec 2010, 03:09
any update for the next batch of applicants?

onieangeles
27th Dec 2010, 04:19
not worth it spending money in pal av, ive been a flight instructor for a long time well guys just find some good flying school around in plaridel thats the place wer ive been and teach for a long time. now look at me im now a 328 chief

x1alpha66
12th Jan 2011, 09:50
heard the list is out for AO2011...

busdriver2010
13th Jan 2011, 12:50
@x1alpha66: Are you sure that the list is out for AO2011? From what I know some are still waiting for the result of the psychological exam..

busdriver2010
15th Feb 2011, 05:32
any updates? i think all of the applicants are finished with the medical exam and are awaiting for the rankings as of today.

capt. solipsist
15th Feb 2011, 09:59
guys,

any school - be it an aviation school, college of medicine, institute of fine arts - is only as good as the effort the student puts in. i'm sure this is past arguable.

i am no cerebrally-challenged slacker, but i learned more about flying in general ON MY OWN compared with what i did in the Av-School. in fact, there is some truth to the statement that many guys succeeded not because of, but inspite of, dear old PAL Av-School.

Sure, 'twas fun, but that's not the point of contention here.

you can train with omni, fast, fliteline, or any other hole-in-the wall flying school and still end up a great airman if you put in the work. out of the 3 pilots i respect the most, only 1 came from Av-Sch.

never believe that BS sign. the original actually read thus: "Through this hallway pass not only expert airmen of tomorrow, but also future ambassadors of goodwill." a dodo broke it while knocking on the PT lounge door at 2 am to satisfy the power-tripping of some upperclassmen that had nothing to do with flying at all.

cheers.

boeing_airbus
16th Mar 2011, 17:02
are the rankings out?

Godpleasehelpmetofly
2nd May 2011, 05:56
Hi,

I'll be in my senior year in high school when school starts this June, my mom's pilot friend from PAL(my mom also used to work at PAL) recommended mechanical engineering for my course in college as i also wannabe a pilot. Is Mechanical Engineering a good course if i wanna be a pilot? I also have an impacted canine but it never came out though so when you look at my teeth one canine is still a baby tooth. Will PALav accept applicants with teeth like mine? Feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks. God Bless.

silentwing
3rd May 2011, 07:42
Well, there are several ways to become a pilot.

1) Go straight to a flying school and build up your hours after high school.

Advantage: Get hours really quick while you are young
Drawback: Airlines normally require you to have a bachelors degree or better aside from hours gained. Hard time getting in an airline.

2) One option would be to take up flying as your undergrad course( Civil Aviation, etc)

Advantage: Build up your hours as you take up your degree. You can go straight into an airline right after you achieve you hour requirement(from 500-1500 hrs)
Disadvantage: God forbid you fail in medical exams or have an incident and lose your license, you have no fall back job. This can happen and does happen.

3) Finish college(any course other than aviation) then fly in an aviation school.

Advantage: You have a fall back in case something goes wrong.
Disadvantage: Takes more time and money(this depends on the school though)

Mechanical Engineering could help augment your knowledge in aviation but is not really a requirement. As long as you have a good 4 year course from a good school, that would be enough. (Hard work and perseverance with the proper attitude is key :ok:)

I'm not really sure with PALav's policy but I think if you have an impacted tooth, it might have to be removed. Anyway, they give you a dental examination during the selection period and they will tell you what needs to be done with your teeth (extraction, cleaning, etc). As long as your speech is good then there is not much to worry about. Learn and speak good english! I can't emphasize that enough! That can give you a good advantage especially during the interview.

All in all. There are so many ways to be a pilot. Look at all of them. Don't just jump right away. I have some friends who are pilots yet who don't have jobs because they lack certain requirements. I myself almost got lost if I did not research well enough. Thanks to some friends who gave me advice, I was able to make the proper decisions.

My suggestion to you is to finish college, do well and keep HEALTHY! (Very stringent medical checks: not just the eyes) Then, when you pick a school, look at its advantages and disadvantages. Some can give you false promises. When your goal is to become an airline pilot, then see if the school will lead you to that.

PALav: can lead you straight to flying for PAL but its a battle getting in there.
Clarkav: depends on the demand for A320 pilots(Cebupac). Since they offer a different license MPL, this could make it hard for you to get in if you are not sponsored by Cebupac.

Flying schools and colleges: We have some good flying schools but its the hours that are important and you don't have enough when you graduate. You either have to fly in genav, be a flight instructor or pay your hours yourself.

Anyway, good luck and let me know if you have any more questions. There are a lot of good people in these forums any they will help you out.

Godpleasehelpmetofly
3rd May 2011, 12:39
silentwing,

Thanks for the info. Really do appreciate it. Yeah my speech is good
and my english too since i've been trained speak english since i was little(and chinese too). There aren't really any good flight academies here in cebu so ME is the only option i can consider. I know its a bit early for me to ask this but when I apply(God willing) do i have to go to manila since PLC is there or can it be done here in cebu? And usually how many applicants are there? Since you mentioned that its a battle to get in. thanks and God bless.

silentwing
4th May 2011, 01:33
I'm not really sure but I think you may have to come here to apply. They would usually email you in advance when the orientation is so you can prepare. It might take you 1 to 2 months to finish all tests depending on how fast results are given.

To put you into perspective, this year, they were only getting 36 applicants. During the orientation seminar, I think there were more than 200 (estimate) or so who attended. Could be more...

Godpleasehelpmetofly
4th May 2011, 03:31
Thanks a bunch. God bless

smoothcruise5
24th Feb 2013, 09:05
Do all flying schools in PH have weight requirement like PalAv? i'm overweight but im not a slouch. i exercise regularly and do fun runs and have no problems.

I inquired in OMNI and they don't have any requirement for weight as long as you are healthy.

smoothcruise5
26th Feb 2013, 12:35
Would you recommend AAG for me? AAG is my first choice actually because of their PPL-CPL-IR up to A320 rating package.

I am really having a dilemma here to what school to go to.

But as to what you're mentioned, how do does students fail? do they fail because of ground school? or because they are incompetent flyers?

are they really any good?

pat19
7th Oct 2013, 06:06
hi guys,

i attended the orientation earlier and was scheduled for an impact interview on wednesday.

anyone can shed a light on what to expect on the impact interview, psychomotor and psychological exams? any tips? it would be a great help.

thanks.

bnz17
15th Oct 2013, 06:16
Hi Pat, I have taken the exams twice which both I passed but unfortunately I did make the final cut.

Tips

Interview: Be confident, Eye Contact, be honest, smile.. do not worry about technical questions just be honest if you do not know, what they are looking is the way you carry yourself, the way you answer the confidence and leadership qualities

Psychomotor: Focus, wear comfy clothes, you may practice flipping chips if you want

Written exams: I don't know if it still in Makati Med, try to review your math, if you have reviewers from college try to answer it for a refresher

Just don't pressure yourself

By the way how much is the cost now and how many cadets would they be getting?

pat19
17th Oct 2013, 00:36
during the orientation they told that the cost is about 3m and they are also offering a loan from pnb. from what i understand it would be payed after graduation when pal absobrs the student. they aLso told us that they are in need of 100 pilots because of their recent expansion.

flycodes
20th Oct 2013, 14:47
Hi Bnz.

I already finished my final medical. I want to know if Pal will tell you the grades in each test like interview, pyschomotor or pyschological. I want to be part of the upcoming batch but im not sure if i can make it to the list. Can i call them and ask hows my status in the ranking? Its been 3 weeks since my final medical.

flycodes
20th Oct 2013, 14:52
Hi Pat,

Did they tell you when will be the next batches open. Also, how many aspirant trainee attended the pal orientation. Its really tough to get in Pal school. You need all the luck and skills to get it. Good luck to you.

bnz17
26th Oct 2013, 13:56
Flycodes,

They would not tell you the scores, they would just send an e mail if you made it or not

Just try to relax, By the way is it still Alpha, Bravo and then Charlie for the batches?

Two of my batch mates during college are already Pilots of PAL, International Flights

Good Luck men

flycodes
28th Oct 2013, 08:15
Thanks Bnz!

I see, so i guess all i need to do is pray and have faith that i will be part of the next class.

About the email, how many weeks before they told you that you made it or not?

I dont have any idea on the on-going batches. All I know is that by January they will form another class.

Thanks!

pat19
1st Nov 2013, 03:41
i just finished my psychological exams 6days ago. still havent heard if i passed. how long did u wait before they contacted you about the results of the psychologigal exams?

pat19
1st Nov 2013, 03:44
as i remember they mentioned that the next batch would start jan. or feb.. i hope i get to pass and join the next batch.

flycodes
3rd Nov 2013, 14:59
Hi pat,

Pyschological exam result will be forwarded to you by Sir PJ, my result takes around 6 to 8 weeks before i got it but it will depends on makati med how long u will wait for our result. Just make urself busy and pray to God that you passed it.

Thanks for answering my question. How many aspirant trainee attended your orientation?

pat19
10th Nov 2013, 09:40
@flycodes

i think there were 33 who attended the orientation. they said that they would only get 16 out of the 33.

it has been 2 week since i took the psycho exam still havent heard anything. im just hoping that i pass.

flycodes
10th Nov 2013, 14:57
@pat

Just relax bro, usually it takes 2 months before you get your result. Just be ready for your final medical exam.

I see, so almost half of the aspirant trainee will be eliminated. I hope that we can both pass it. If you heard anything from them just post it here. Ill try to post an update here if they contact me.

pat19
23rd Nov 2013, 08:45
@flycodes

u have any news from sir pj? have they told u if u will be a part of the next batch? still haven't got any word from them about my psycholigical exams. its been 3weeks now. i just wish they would let me know if i passed or not soon.

flycodes
25th Nov 2013, 04:03
@pat19

I still don't have any news from Sir PJ since I was told that he will keep me posted with regards to our training. I will try to inquire with my status maybe on the first week of december so I will know what will be my next move since right now I'm still employed. Don't worry because the pyschological exam usually takes 1 to 2 months depending on medical city. Just try to send email to Sir PJ and inquire about your status.

mark5983
2nd Dec 2013, 04:45
Hi Friends,

I would just like to ask what should be expected in final medical exam? I am scheduled for tomorrow. Are they going to repeat the weight and height? :) Thank you!

flycodes
3rd Dec 2013, 01:46
@Mark

Everything that you did in initial medical exam will be repeated. To answer your question, PAL is strict on weight and height. So make sure that your height is proportionate to your weight. Good Luck and Have Fun!

flycodes
4th Jan 2014, 13:07
Hi Guys, do you have any news about the ongoing process. Did Pal already contact you about the final list.

Thanks alot!

mark5983
20th Feb 2014, 07:45
Hi Friends,

How are you guys? Are you part of 2014 Alpha? Originally, I am accepted in Alpha class but I deferred my item to Bravo class due to personal reason. How's the orientation? :)

Mark5983 :ok:

doctorp
27th Feb 2014, 00:59
Hey guys. I've been lurking here for a couple of years now (since 2010 to be exact). Wouldnt it be interesting to hear from those wannabees in the earlier pages of this thread? Any tips for those in exactly the same position now? Dj852, kurimaw, bluecrush etc., :ok:

doctorp
21st Mar 2014, 19:34
Hey guys, any updates for this year's batches? Has 2014A started already? When will they start processing for bravo? If i am not mistaken the 2013bravo class was announced may of the same year.

mark5983
3rd Apr 2014, 06:22
The Alpha 2014 has started already last March 2014, no definite date yet for Bravo. We are all done with the selection process together with Alpha last year. Hope this helps.

ThrustJam
12th Apr 2014, 04:05
Just a quick heads up. Avschool is not the same as before. No more fly now pay later program, no more "dodo knowledges", very relax environment and lenient on training. It become a typical gen-av flying school. PAL hire LSO with 250 minimum hours, CPL-IR rated, wether you came from Avschool or a different flying school which is 50% cheaper. After graduation, PAL doesn't assure a pilot trainee any job from their roster, so try to think of these things. Many PT never made it to the line.

A lot of PAL Management pilots never allow their kids to go to Avschool, but instead, earn their time from cheaper blocks. Wonder why? :confused:

Pointers: If you are still interested in applying, just do good, never fail any checks, and do the PTR nicely. That's the only stuff similar to what you'll do as SO in the line.

arcfordo
2nd Jul 2014, 06:40
Hi guys, ive been lurking around these threads for the past 4 years haha. Im still studying civil engineering but i still plan to pursue flying after my degree if the aviation industry will be doing well. I would just like to know if aspiring PalAv cadets need connections to be assured a slot. Are any chances for an ordinary applicant lower if he/she does not know anyone inside? Ive met a pilot from PAL, and my parents know a former classmate who is in Pal management and their sons are pilots for PAL now. Its quite discouraging to think that only connected people have high chances of passing. Can anyone please shed some light on this one?

donuycana
9th Jul 2016, 03:34
to those who applied for pal in the previous batches, did the psychological exam include math? if so, what kind of math like algebra? hehe thanks! I'm applying for pal av soon hoping for the best! ;)

Ffm700
28th Jul 2016, 01:03
Hi everyone! any updates from this years class? Thanks!��

jasantos
3rd Apr 2018, 12:26
Hi everyone! Just finished with my psychomotor exam today. It was actually fun. Haha. Scheduled for a psychological test next week. Anyone here applying for this batch too?

accruz
10th Apr 2018, 06:24
Hi jasantos,

I am waiting for the email for final medical. I took psychological last March 28. Mag 2 weeks na tomorrow

squidbolz
22nd Apr 2018, 14:14
Just checking any developments on this thread :)

squidbolz
1st May 2018, 10:05
Hi everyone! Just finished with my psychomotor exam today. It was actually fun. Haha. Scheduled for a psychological test next week. Anyone here applying for this batch too?
​​​​​​
hi, how was your application? Do you have any news?

motorcitycobra
2nd May 2018, 04:33
Anyone received email for final medical for 2018 batch?

squidbolz
2nd May 2018, 05:16
Anyone received email for final medical for 2018 batch?

email to take final medical or email about result of final medical?

jasantos
2nd May 2018, 11:41
​​​​​​
hi, how was your application? Do you have any news?

Hey squidbolz! I didn't go through with my application. I didn't go to my psych exam. How's your application?

motorcitycobra
3rd May 2018, 13:11
email to take final medical or email about result of final medical?

email to take the final medical

squidbolz
3rd May 2018, 13:17
email to take the final medical

ah.. ok got I. Usually its a long wait for the email of taking the final medical exam...

RedEyeGuy
7th May 2018, 14:40
Just a quick heads up. Avschool is not the same as before. No more fly now pay later program, no more "dodo knowledges", very relax environment and lenient on training. It become a typical gen-av flying school. PAL hire LSO with 250 minimum hours, CPL-IR rated, wether you came from Avschool or a different flying school which is 50% cheaper. After graduation, PAL doesn't assure a pilot trainee any job from their roster, so try to think of these things. Many PT never made it to the line.

A lot of PAL Management pilots never allow their kids to go to Avschool, but instead, earn their time from cheaper blocks. Wonder why? :confused:

Pointers: If you are still interested in applying, just do good, never fail any checks, and do the PTR nicely. That's the only stuff similar to what you'll do as SO in the line.

I'm definitely not saying that PALAS is far superior than any other flying schools out there however being a PALAS graduate myself, comparing the quality of SO's now flying in the line,
as to those batches that came in the 2000's, I can truly say that the quality has truly diminished (mainly on the attitude side). Arriving late for a flight, having incomplete documents while on duty,
massively reasoning with a Flight Instructor without proper basis, filing ELs and SLs then to see a post in Boracay the next day and, of course, failing Sim Proficiency Checks
several times just to name a few...

These things greatly saddens me that our graduates have come to this. Most of them really need a VERY HUGE attitude adjustment. Unfortunately, some of the PALAS traditions
that were goin on for decades, that were designed to mold your character and attitude, have been literally banned and thus, voila!

Now, Im not discouraging nor disconcerting anyone from applying with PALAS but one thing you new cadets must learn (as I have), is that in PALAS, or flying in the line,
or any other airline for that matter, flying is basically 5% Skill and 95% Attitude. I've seen some really sharp PALAS cadets who graduated with honors but never made it
to the line. Conversely, cadets who happen to be at the bottom of their classes are the ones who actually excel here.

On a personal note, PALAS has a very intricate and substantial curriculum in which your are trained to execute everything as per PROCEDURE (the heart of airline flying).
Just keep your nose clean, study hard and bunk-fly at least 10mins a day, and you guys will do great....

All the Best!!!

squidbolz
7th May 2018, 15:26
I'm definitely not saying that PALAS is far superior than any other flying schools out there however being a PALAS graduate myself, comparing the quality of SO's now flying in the line,
as to those batches that came in the 2000's, I can truly say that the quality has truly diminished (mainly on the attitude side). Arriving late for a flight, having incomplete documents while on duty,
massively reasoning with a Flight Instructor without proper basis, filing ELs and SLs then to see a post in Boracay the next day and, of course, failing Sim Proficiency Checks
several times just to name a few...

These things greatly saddens me that our graduates have come to this. Most of them really need a VERY HUGE attitude adjustment. Unfortunately, some of the PALAS traditions
that were goin on for decades, that were designed to mold your character and attitude, have been literally banned and thus, voila!

Now, Im not discouraging nor disconcerting anyone from applying with PALAS but one thing you new cadets must learn (as I have), is that in PALAS, or flying in the line,
or any other airline for that matter, flying is basically 5% Skill and 95% Attitude. I've seen some really sharp PALAS cadets who graduated with honors but never made it
to the line. Conversely, cadets who happen to be at the bottom of their classes are the ones who actually excel here.

On a personal note, PALAS has a very intricate and substantial curriculum in which your are trained to execute everything as per PROCEDURE (the heart of airline flying).
Just keep your nose clean, study hard and bunk-fly at least 10mins a day, and you guys will do great....

All the Best!!!

Good day,

​​​​​​I have some questions :)

RedEyeGuy
9th May 2018, 04:30
Good day,

​​​​​​I have some questions :)

I'll try to answer some if I could....

squidbolz
9th May 2018, 11:14
I'll try to answer some if I could....

hi! Thank you...

​​​​​​here are some of my questions:

1. Is it still true that Pal av graduates are not guaranteed to have a job at Pal but based on history 100 percent are absorbed?

2. are asthma and allergic rhinitis grounds for disqualification?

3. Are there still CAAP medical that you need to undergo every year once youre a pilot?

thanks again

RedEyeGuy
9th May 2018, 13:29
hi! Thank you...

​​​​​​here are some of my questions:

1. Is it still true that Pal av graduates are not guaranteed to have a job at Pal but based on history 100 percent are absorbed?

2. are asthma and allergic rhinitis grounds for disqualification?

3. Are there still CAAP medical that you need to undergo every year once youre a pilot?

thanks again

1--> That's true. All graduates are not really guaranteed a job as an SO after graduating however, PALAS does not open a class if they do not foresee a need for
pilots a few years later either. Trend is that all graduates tend to get absorbed in the line whether there's a need or not. Just don't screw up big time on your
training.

2--> Normally, they're not that big a deal for disqualification for both PALAS and the line. You have to do a treadmill Stress Test and if they see a tendency for you to catch
your breath or peak your heart rate too soon, you get a failed mark.But then, they also give you time (like 1 month) to recover and take the test again.

3--> Yes there is. For all CPL holders, (SOs and A320 FOs), undergo CAAP med once a year. All ATPL holders however (Capts, widebody FOs) go through that
every 6 months. On a personal note though, CAAP med is not to worry, since PAL medical standards are a lot more restrictive and stringent than CAAP's.
What we do is we submit our PAL ECG and xray results to CAAP MED every time we need to renew a Class I medical certificate. CAAP honors PAL MED's
results since they know themselves that We have more restrictive standards.

Cheers!

squidbolz
10th May 2018, 03:47
1--> That's true. All graduates are not really guaranteed a job as an SO after graduating however, PALAS does not open a class if they do not foresee a need for
pilots a few years later either. Trend is that all graduates tend to get absorbed in the line whether there's a need or not. Just don't screw up big time on your
training.

2--> Normally, they're not that big a deal for disqualification for both PALAS and the line. You have to do a treadmill Stress Test and if they see a tendency for you to catch
your breath or peak your heart rate too soon, you get a failed mark.But then, they also give you time (like 1 month) to recover and take the test again.

3--> Yes there is. For all CPL holders, (SOs and A320 FOs), undergo CAAP med once a year. All ATPL holders however (Capts, widebody FOs) go through that
every 6 months. On a personal note though, CAAP med is not to worry, since PAL medical standards are a lot more restrictive and stringent than CAAP's.
What we do is we submit our PAL ECG and xray results to CAAP MED every time we need to renew a Class I medical certificate. CAAP honors PAL MED's
results since they know themselves that We have more restrictive standards.

Cheers!

Thank you for generously answering my queries :)
hope to fly with you soon! Just praying that everything will push thru in my application..

motorcitycobra
10th Jul 2018, 05:04
any news for batch 2018?

squidbolz
10th Jul 2018, 06:00
any news for batch 2018?

have you completed the final medical exams already sir? I think they are still finalizing the ranking.

motorcitycobra
10th Jul 2018, 14:40
yes just waiting for the rankings as well

motorcitycobra
27th Jul 2018, 11:18
any news for the latest batch?

motorcitycobra
7th Aug 2018, 12:47
still no updates as of the moment?

squidbolz
7th Aug 2018, 13:00
Still no updates as well..

Kylian
17th Aug 2018, 12:09
Results are out!

motorcitycobra
17th Aug 2018, 16:10
did you get in? i was advised to be considered for the june batch..

squidbolz
18th Aug 2018, 06:33
did you get in? i was advised to be considered for the june batch..

I think if you received an email you passed already. Congratulations to all who got an email :)

squidbolz
18th Aug 2018, 14:15
I think if you received an email you passed already. Congratulations to all who got an email :)

is it June 2019 batch?

motorcitycobra
18th Aug 2018, 16:06
is it June 2019 batch?

yes for June 2019. did you receive yours?

snah
19th Aug 2018, 10:15
is it June 2019 batch?

Is it a guaranteed slot for June/November 2019? Or will we have apply again alongside new applicants in 2019?

squidbolz
19th Aug 2018, 11:20
yes for June 2019. did you receive yours?

yes for alpha class 2019 this coming Jan 2019. June 2019 will be bravo class?

igif
31st Aug 2018, 13:01
Classmates!

ConorFerguson
6th Dec 2018, 11:16
Hello Guyz,

I am an aspiring pilot 20 years old and almost finished with my degree, I want to ask how difficult is it to join PAL Av, is it true that those with connection get in easily?
Any tips on getting higher chance to be selected? Also can anyone who got selected describe the selection process and what should I prepare for.

Thanks everyone who will help :)

prop rider
13th Mar 2019, 13:30
Try to research more about Palav before investing your precious savings with them. Know their instructors. Do they even know how to fly instrument? Which schools did they come from? Some rumours say NOT even their Chief Ground Instructor(yes the CGI for crying out loud!) is rated with instrument!! Now, how would you put that? This is Pal Aviation School we're talking about. Do you really want to learn how to fly or do you want to be hired by PAL just for the sake of it?? My 2 cents worth..

ConorFerguson
25th Mar 2019, 02:04
Yeah, I heard from someone I know who is a retired PAL Pilot. He recommended PAL Av since his son who is an alumni there and they are now both PAL FO. According to him the training in PAL Av is the best among all the other schools since it teaches discipline. And you are all confined in a boarding house where you concentrate with flying for 2 years with no distractions. He also said that out of all the schools in the Philippines, PAL Av may give you an assurance of a job opportunity right away.

Also I heard there is a new school opening, FAA or First Aviation Academy which is owned by MacroAsia, also Lucio Tan. What are your thoughts on this?

ConorFerguson
4th Sep 2019, 03:27
Hey I am aspiring to be an airline pilot someday preferably PAL. I just recently finished my degree which is a requirement for the school. I may need to reduce my weight a bit for the upcoming test. Can anyone shed a light with regards to their selection process. Give tips with their interview, test and other exams. I heard that it is really difficult to get in. I think the best way to pass is to prepare myself. So anyone that have any idea about their exams, your help is greatly appreciated

Aerojoe15
5th Feb 2021, 04:50
Hey guys, anybody know when will PAL Aviation School start accepting students again? Thanks!

LG7838
24th Feb 2021, 23:38
There are rumors that PAL Aviation School is closing soon. I hope someone could verify this.

Aerojoe15
28th Feb 2021, 01:50
If that's true, then maybe they will be replaced by FAA (First Aviation Academy) at Subic since that school is also under Lucio Tan. Who knows. Anybody have any insights about this new school in the market?

First Reich
17th Jan 2023, 04:58
It (FAA) is not fully under Lucio Tan. FAAi is owned 51% by MacroAsia and 49% by Philippine Transmarine Carriers (PTC) while PAL Aviation School was a Division of Philippine Airlines (PAL). When the PAL Aviation School Division was closed 2021, it’s assets were transferred/sold to FAAi.