View Full Version : PAL av school

Pages : [1] 2 3

dj852
1st Mar 2007, 07:40
hi there everyone! has anyone here had applied for the upcoming batch of pal av school?

pumping iron
1st Mar 2007, 22:54
Hi dj852,

PAL av school just informed me that there willl be an orientation soon, but i've already put this aside, am going for the MPL training in clark under alpha aviation (Clark Institute of Aviation).

Cheers bro!!!:ok:

dj852
2nd Mar 2007, 01:17
hi pumping iron,

i was informed too by the av school bout the orientation, and i guess going wid clark institute of aviation mpl is a thing i consider too. just imagine 12mos. and you are already a320 type rated. but the thing is.. are there airlines ready or willing to hire graduates of the said school?

Alpha 6
2nd Mar 2007, 06:47
hi dj852,

Is it true that within 12mos. in clark institute of aviation you will be A320 type rated from scratch? Are they based near omni? What a/c are they flying? Sorry for these questions cause a lot of guys are asking me where to go for flt trg in Phils. and I think this one is good. Do you happen to know their contact details?

Thanks and goodluck to your training:ok:

A6

dj852
2nd Mar 2007, 13:22
sir alpha6,

info from clark institute of aviation says in 10-12mos. they will put you in a a320 cockpit as an f.o.. yep from scratch. and there are airlines that is waiting or ready to hire their graduates. from their website perfect example is the leading LCC here in phils. they are located inside clark, but their campus is far from omni complex. i heard they will be using c152. they also have their own CAE a320 full sim. iagclark.aero

sir are you a ex-pal driver?:ok:

Alpha 6
2nd Mar 2007, 14:43
Thanks dj852 for the info

I'm from gen.av. bro not from PAL

Wish you all the best:ok:

stephenlink
3rd Mar 2007, 12:52
I heard that PAL Aviation School has recently purchase new C172R's..glass cockpit...Garmin 1000..nice trainer..:ok:

dj852
3rd Mar 2007, 22:40
son gokou,

whats up bro? were at the same river thinking which way to go... but i think clark institute of aviation can fast track careers of aspiring pilots like us. so im giving it a try.:ok:

pumping iron
4th Mar 2007, 23:07
Hi Son Gokou,

choosing the school you want to go to will depend on how early you want to fly as an airline pilot... PAL Av school spends 2 years before you graduate and i heard if you want to fly with PAL then you need to instruct first for another 2 more years before they will actually put you to operation (i may not be accurate about it).

CIA will train you for at least 10-12 month then you are instantly qualified as FO in an A320 fleet.. THey will bring in a full D A320 simulator which i've already had a feel here in Alteon Singapore... The simulator is almost real, so i guess it doesn't make any difference training with the real one, plus the fact that you will perform 10 take-off and 10 landing on an actual A320 (cool isn't it?).

getting that sponsorship from an airline like cebu pacific will mean passing the pilot aptitude test & written exams with CIA.. As of now the sponsoring airline is cebu pacific...

hope you decide soon...

dj852
5th Mar 2007, 00:42
hi everyone,

can someone tell us here at the forum, how pal av school graduates get to fly with pal? is it true that you need to instruct for 2 years before getting in line as s.o.?

thanks bros.:ok:

DeltaSix
5th Mar 2007, 00:52
Let me just clarify this, does PAL Av School charge each student for P 3.7 million to train with them ? And I take it you guys will be paying this ?

D6

dj852
5th Mar 2007, 00:56
d6

CIA is the one charging 3.7m for their cadet pilot program.

dj852:ok:

pumping iron
5th Mar 2007, 01:05
Hi Delta Six,

PAL charges around 2M, CIA charges 3.7 but be pay only 50% if you pass PilApT and get 50% sponsorship from an airline like cebu pac.

Also, immediately after your 10-12 months of training, you will be on-board as FO on an A320 on the airline which sponsored your training...

I heard the same program is on-going "down under" and Alteon is the one providing it, right?

DeltaSix
5th Mar 2007, 02:02
So, you guys pay 50% of it ( P1 mil ) and PAL or CP pays for the other half ?

Alteon is just a training company for Boeings and Airbus. They are not affiliated with any airline in terms of cadetships. They do the training of pilots for the airlines who are already employed.

Actually they charge like a wounded bull. A 734 endorsement with them will set you back nearly $30,000 and another company in Melbourne charges $20,000 only. It's actually more cheaper to go to Florida and get your type rating there.

By the way, is that a guaranteed placement with the airline after you graduate ? Seems to me a lot of money invested if you can't get in.

D6

pumping iron
5th Mar 2007, 02:41
Hi D6,

if you get a 50% sponsorship then for sure there's a seat waiting for you since the airline have already invested in you, thus, recovering that money must only mean providing you that job in order to pay them back..

Also. the school itself has a wider network of contacts in South East Asia, like an airline in india, china, philippines...

Philippine Airlines is not connected in this program, they have their own training school. It's only cebu pacific if you talk about Philippines...

I have faith in CIA, that they are able to put through their graduates...Also, if you pass the assessment but cebu pacific declines to sponsor you, the school itself will offer the sponsorship...

In my case, i've already passed the assessment, i will now be presented to cebu pacific after i enroll (which will be 25th march) for approval, they will evaluate first and see if your personality fits their organization or whatever...

For a starter like me, i find it as a good deal since i have nothing to bargain other thatn the amount i'll spend which is around USD35K.

DeltaSix
5th Mar 2007, 03:35
Pumping Iron,
I commend your enthusiasm however, maybe it's only because I trained on a different environment but I find it too good to be true.
I don't want to sound like a wet towel but have you established their track record ? have you spoken to a few people who have gone through this system before and actually got a job ?

What I understand from you is that at graduation, they'll employ you as an FO in an A320. Please don't get me wrong but my skepticism is founded on this - I just can't imagine me as a Captain flying with an F/O who has probably only flown for 250 - 300 hours total time (probably in a C172), and with no practical experience. Heaven forbid that I face multiple emergencies with an FO with not a lot of flying time.

I can't see an airline that would do that without you going through as a second officer at least.

The lowest I have known is an airline in India which employs type rated pilots with 100 hours on type - and that is only because they are desperate.

Even PAL requires an F/O to have 1200 hours and a SO of 500 hours ( or 2400 and 1000 hrs at least respectively on an aircraft below 500 HP).
Will you have this by graduation ?

Pumping Iron, I'm sure your determination is solid but read the contract very carefully and know your rights and what you expect out of them as USD 35k is not a small amount of money.

It sounds fishy....... I hope I'm wrong but these sales people will promise you the world and deliver nothing. They just want your money - they are in business because of it. You might just end up with a huge debt.

Anyway, good luck and I hope my fears are unfounded.

D6

expatula
5th Mar 2007, 04:56
Hi D6,

Your observations are very valid and your skepticism is well founded. Even a veteran captain would have his reservations flying in a sophisticated piece of machinery with a very young and inexperienced co-pilot.

It could be worked out, however, by putting an experienced co-pilot on the jumpseat to act as safety pilot. So until the new f/o reaches the required minimum time, say 500 hrs, and prior to his release for actual line flying, he will always be accompanied by an experienced f/o in all his flights.

I have seen that many times, and I hope it will work that way for these aspiring wannabes.

M1911
5th Mar 2007, 06:37
i definitely agree with D6, im not going to board an airplane knowing that the F/0 has only 250 TT. no offense but, doesnt make sense.:bored:

semper fi
5th Mar 2007, 16:52
Well guys, if you must and do know by now, some airlines cross the pacific with an F/O trained to sit on the left seat who doesnt know how to interpret how to use a localizer and pair him together with a 500 hour relief pilot who maybe knows a bit more than the guy on the left.

It's the trend worldwide, whatever minimum the local regulatory body will allow will be followed, China, Korea are classic examples here, low time local jocks flying 737's or 330's, barely 700 hours on em.

It will catch up eventually, these guys will gain the experience and move on to bigger and better things, widebody captains are now quite common at the ripe old age of 28 years. It's just a matter of a matter of looking at it from management's point of view, after all, if they fill the seats, the planes fly, what could be more complicated than that?

semper fi
5th Mar 2007, 16:56
I wonder, how in the world are you going to know how much time the guy's in front have? I suggest if you think that way, stay away from low cost carriers. Otherwise , sit tight and hope the flight ends soon and safely.

DeltaSix
5th Mar 2007, 21:20
Yes I know about these low hour pilots Semper Fi. Most of them are flying with LCCs in Europe. These people pay for their own type rating and on some occasions pay for their 500 hours as well.

If Cebu Pac will adopt this then their minimum requirement for hiring FO's will be 200-250 hours. If they would really go this low, I'd like to hear what their insurance company would be saying.

Hopefully they ( CIA )can live up to their end of the bargain otherwise these kids would end up with a huge debt without a job.

D6

dj852
6th Mar 2007, 00:05
point of views, concerns and advises to aspirants like me here in the forum is greatly appreciated.

thank you sirs.:ok:

p.s. keep em' coming..

pumping iron
6th Mar 2007, 07:44
All of your advice and concerns to wannabees like me are highly appreciated and are noted with thanks...

Cheers and happy flying D6 and to all who expressed their concerns...

mach.86
6th Mar 2007, 12:20
it's nice to know that with CIA in operation soon, more options are laid before aspiring pilots. the tuition is a bit hefty but we know nothing comes without a price these days... and without risk for that matter. even PAL avschool does not guarantee any of its trainee a slot in the line and there had been casualties in almost every batch lately. careerwise, i would have considered going for it too had it been already there couple of years ago though i don't regret the SO experience with PAL. in the end, it's just a matter of choosing between rigorous flying on the 320 or a fairly easy SO job on a widebody. good deal either way. good luck guys!

dj852
6th Mar 2007, 12:57
what an eye opener from sir mach.86.. choosing between F.O a320 or an S.O in a wide body. a lot of dreaming will be done here.:cool:

pumping iron
6th Mar 2007, 13:47
Cheers to you mach. 86!!! you've encouraged us wannabees...:ok:

DeltaSix
6th Mar 2007, 21:09
To both Pumping Iron and Dj852. good luck, I wish you the very best.

Hopefully I'll see you on the flight deck in a few years time (if not sooner).

Give it your best shot.

Cheers

D6

pumping iron
6th Mar 2007, 22:08
Thanks a million D6, working with someone as experience as you is something i will look forward to.

Thanks for caring for starters like us. May we cross-path one day and be able to thank you personally...

God Bless you and always have a safe flight....

cheers and mabuhay ang pinoy!!!!:ok:

Fabbe_Far
7th Mar 2007, 01:06
Clark says that you get a 320 type rating after the MPL.
MPL comes from ICAO.
So you guys says that ICAO certs are not valid, or Iam wrong, if so , correct me.
I understand that Clark is a business , but they cant run a school without CAA approvment.

dj852
7th Mar 2007, 01:11
so gokou,

you might wanna email pumping iron, to have a clearer picture about CIA.
he has help me a lot.:ok:

dj852
7th Mar 2007, 01:19
i agree with fabbe_far as far as i know mpl is already certified by ICAO. as a matter of fact the first batch of mpl cadets will be produced by alteon in queensland australia. they had stated last nov or dec 2006 and it is also said that the students in the 1st batch is sponsored by diff chinese carriers.

corrections are welcome:ok:

jetcruiser
7th Mar 2007, 03:44
Dear All,

Asiana Airlines are urgently seeking A321 Captains.

Attached is the brief for your perusal. If you are interested in this opportunity please return to me via email or fax along with copies of:

Passport
Licence
Medical
Last 3 pages of your logbook
Last sim check on the A319/320 or A321

Please also ensure that you have updated your registration at www.rishworthaviation.com (http://www.rishworthaviation.com/)

We have a number of opportunities available so if you have friends or colleagues who may be interested we would love to hear from them.

Kind regards

Natalie Cooke, Recruitment Manager

http://www.rishworthaviation.com/images/email/e-logo.gif (http://www.rishworthaviation.com/)http://www.rishworthaviation.com/images/email/e-byline.gif http://www.rishworthaviation.com/images/email/e-title.gifLevel 1, 33 Bath Street
PO Box 37-434, Parnell
Auckland 1001, New Zealand
Tel: +64 9 302 0080Fax: +64 9 302 0078
Mob: +64 21 990 831
Email: [email protected] ([email protected])
www.rishworthaviation.com (http://www.rishworthaviation.com/)

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the intended recipient at the email address to which it has been addressed. The email may not be disclosed or used by any other than the addressee, nor may it be copied in any way. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender as soon as possible and delete any copies of this message. Please note that although this email has been checked, we cannot accept any responsibility for any transmitted viruses. It is therefore your responsibility to virus scan attachments (if any).

Alpha 6
7th Mar 2007, 05:29
Who will certify or do the checkrides if ATO still doesnt recognize MPL?

I think ATO will approve the MPL course considering the sim is owned by CP, if ever that is true. We just don't know when...but they will.

son gokou,

does the name of the CP employee who's guaranteed 100% scholarship starts with a "C"...hhmmm....if yes I think I know her...I wish her all the best:)

Goodluck to all aspiring pilots...:ok:

"Great men rise from great challenges" - Shaikh Mohammad

expatula
7th Mar 2007, 05:36
Recurrent training for Cebu pac pilots in Clark? Is this true? Waaaah! No more dollar savings! Waaaah!:{ :{ :{

CP air pilots used to do their recurrent trng in Minneapolis when they still had the DC-9s. When the baby buses came, the recurrent was moved to GECAT, HK. These trips were something that we all looked forward to - per diems, Mall of America, the snow, Hooters...

Sorry guys, those were the good old days! But you can still have fun in Angeles. Try one of the bars along Fields Avenue. Lots of exotics girls there.

Happy hunting!!!

urgood
7th Mar 2007, 09:53
hello son gokou!
just wanted to know from what forum did you get the info who owns the sim in clark?:)

jetcruiser
7th Mar 2007, 10:57
i wont be surprised if i find names like LT or LG as part owners of this institution.:}

HALALAN07
15th Mar 2007, 19:52
HMMM....

what if we just buy a 172, let our kids or the new guys get the confidence here and there...get them to be future flt instructors...

then we get an A320 type rating in clark...

have you guys thought of this...? any thoughts...

thnks

hot_sauce0610
16th Mar 2007, 03:47
hi! i'll have my assessment on march 19.can you give me tips or advice about the types of exam?i also want to know if cebupac will automatically hire you so that i'll be able to pay the amount that they've sponsored.thanks!

Skybound0210
16th Mar 2007, 06:01
I guess Cebupac has just recently made purchase order worth $1.3B of additional A319/320. 10 are firm orders while 5 are options...and should the 5 options become firm orders, they will add an additional 5 options.

So all you enthusiasts who are willing to cough up P1.8M for your training, this maybe your chance.

Although I may have some hesitations about very low-time FOs flying big jets, one thing I come to realize is that it's all about foundation in one's training. Experience does play a big role in how one performs, but it's how you do in your first 300 hours that will determine what kind of a pilot you are...any flight time you get thereafter is simply time-building and does nothing to improve you except for the occasional "hmmm I didn't know that was possible" or "well that's something new" experience.

Let's face it, when will you ever do chandelles, lazy eights and all those other maneuvers except during training.

But once again, it's all about getting good training...and hopefully CIA does have that.

So for all you high-time pilots who fear flying with a low-time pilot, you may want to consider your own abilities...and who knows, these low-time pilots may actually have better basic fundamental flying capabilities than you do.

BUT...and I mean BUT, for all you guys that are inspiring to be commercial airline pilots, you may want to consider your age because if your between 18 to 24 years of age, chances are you still don't know your head from your ass...in short, you are not mentally mature for airline jet flying.

So if your young and you want to start out early, you can forget about the partying, boozing, the women or sticking your finger in your nose, because flying is no joke and requires lots of discipline and mental preparedness...I have had lots of friends die flying because they were just not prepared.

So cheers to everyone and hope that this has helped a bit. Just my two cents worth. :}

dj852
16th Mar 2007, 12:07
hi bros.

has anyone here had attended the orientation last 15? gee a lot of sons and daughters of captains were there including their dads. it just means they will surely get ahead of us. filipino culture tlga!!!!:*

pumping iron
16th Mar 2007, 16:39
quote: has anyone here had attended the orientation last 15? gee a lot of sons and daughters of captains were there including their dads. it just means they will surely get ahead of us. filipino culture tlga!!!!:*

____________________________________________________________ __

believe in yourself bro, you don't need to have a father like what they have, though it will put you in the edge, but that's only for now.

Remember that gold, even when exposed to such cetain amount of heat, it retains it's purities, not like an aluminum it's real elements shows up when heat treated even at low but prolonged temp.

while yours is founded by hard work and an unbroken determination, an iron will and humble heart... having these charcteristics, you'll never go wrong....

don't lose hope yet.. it's too early...:ok:

Skybound0210
16th Mar 2007, 16:58
FP Ace,

You're one of those context readers and not content readers. In the world of aviation, to lose just two friends to air accidents IS A LOT. But just to appease your mind here it goes..."I have lost friends because they were just not ready"...good enough.

Browsing forums is not enough for you huh...need to comment on things that are beyond your understanding, and that you just can't phathom. Look, considering you just finished your FIRST SOLO, you should concentrate on your training because you do not know squat! Until you get your Private ticket, I suggest you zip it or else you might end up cleaning latrines in gas stations...:} No hard feelings.

jetcruiser
17th Mar 2007, 05:15
with all due respect Peashooter, it is now the time to remove this kind of Practices and tradition in this Job. Maybe worthwhile doing in the Military, but not in Civilian Aircrafts anymore.
It doesn't really help in terms of CRM, and doesn't help at all in avoiding incidents.
If I were a part of the recruitment panel, i will fail right away those who will answer me...
- "I cannot afford Sir!" - meaning cannot even Challenged a Captain in times of wrong decision making.

- "No relation Sir"- what a liar, everyone knows who your dad is

the good thing is, I am not.:E

just my 2 cents......

Jc

dj852
17th Mar 2007, 06:54
thanks to you guys...

anyway sirs can you share some points to review or prepare for impact panel interview, psychomotor and initial medical exams.?:)

Skybound0210
17th Mar 2007, 08:45
FP Ace,

First of...I was not advertising anything...it sucks to lose friends, and it is just a reminder to you guys just starting not to take this profession lightly. What's wrong and inapproriate with that? Besides you mentioned you didn't like the fact that some ppruners were correcting your spelling or didn't have anything productive to say. Well practice what you preach bro.

But you know what, there is no hard feelings. We are suppose to work hard to help each other. Cheers :)

jetcruiser
17th Mar 2007, 19:59
Expat,

those are what Retired Pilots exactly do......:} ...:ok:

Jc

pmc_q7
20th Mar 2007, 14:53
it is my dream to be a pilot eversince, is it too late for me? im 28 yrs old, currently working for EK in DXB (as a ground staff).. i didnt have a chance to enroll for an aviation school bec of you know.. money :ouch: , now i want to pursue that dream, pls adv reputable school and how much will it cost? how long?i dont hav perfect vision but it is not that bad, i dont wear glasses/lens, will they (av school) admit me? thanks

pumping iron
21st Mar 2007, 00:12
you may want to look at PAL Av school or Clark Institute of Aviation,

PAL Av School around 2M Php - can go for study loan with allied bank but with collateral.

Clark Institute of Aviation around 3.7M Php - can get sponsorship with cebu pacific once you passed the assessment exam from CIA.

if you need details PM me and i'll send it through email...

Dubai, gorgeous place!!!

Cheers Bro!!!

airfoil
21st Mar 2007, 11:53
*cheers for pumping_iron*
hey there.. ive been reading this thread and im also one of the pilot-wannabe who is puzzled on where to apply either CIA or Pal Av. thanks to your enlightenment now, i know where to apply.. i think the CIA is my best choice...but i never thought that it would cost me Millions (jaw drops):{ just to achieve my dreams.. *sigh* Do CIA have 100% scholarship???

pumping iron
21st Mar 2007, 12:58
cheers for pumping_iron*
hey there.. ive been reading this thread and im also one of the pilot-wannabe who is puzzled on where to apply either CIA or Pal Av. thanks to your enlightenment now, i know where to apply.. i think the CIA is my best choice...but i never thought that it would cost me Millions (jaw drops):{ just to achieve my dreams.. *sigh* Do CIA have 100% scholarship???

____________________________________________________________ _____

if you're a cebu pacific staff then you'll get 100% sponsorship once you passed the assessment.... but 50% scholarship is not bad, after that there's a sure right seat waiting for you....

Cheers to you too and pray that God will give you the desire of your heart...:ok:

airfoil
21st Mar 2007, 13:27
>.>" im not a cebu PAc staff... is there other ways??

jetcruiser
21st Mar 2007, 13:30
Hey Guys,

i dont want to burst your bubbles, but Airline job is a totally different environment. Your CIA training will always be a Trained to Pass deal, basically like PALav, but of course it also depends if you crash the airplane during training....knock on whatever.
Anyway, after this you'll surely be evaluated again by the Airline company you'll joining with, in this case CEBUpac. And this time, it will be based on company SOPs in dealing with all sort of emergencies and failures.

If you pass this, you get into the line maybe as a Limited First Officer, if you fail...you can say goodbye to your hard earned investment.
Ask some people from PAL if there were Newly hired Pilots who failed the Initial training. The answer is yes, and you'll be amazed to know that some were even Captains from their former companies.
I suggest you wannabees to look for an Airline pilot out there and ask them for some knowledgeable opinions. Send PMs to some of the post makers around and inquire. And for the guys around, be sincere enough to tell them if you're on an Airline co. or not, your opinions does make a difference, but let it be known that this is not meant to belittle the opinions of My brothers in the Gen Aviation.
Experience and expertise doesn't come from training alone, its all after that...that will keep you alive.

Jc

semper fi
21st Mar 2007, 16:17
:confused: Did anybody ever bother to mention a bit of luck helps?:confused:

pmc_q7
21st Mar 2007, 17:39
As of now my only target is to have a PPL, of course i would love to have cpl and fly those widebody but i cannot leave my job in ME ( d2 ko kukunin ang pang tuition sa av school ):O
How long is the PPL training? Thank you guys!

jetcruiser
21st Mar 2007, 18:32
....and a bit of luck helps:ok:

anansi_boy
22nd Mar 2007, 02:21
hello guys!

I'm a newbie in this forum and I am one of the many people who applied as a Pilot Trainee for the PAL av school. Fortunately, I was able to pass the impact interview, thanks to some tips I received from a retired professional pilot. The interview was very challenging. The panel asked a lot of questions, mainly to determine your attitude. Right now, I'm getting ready for my initial medical exams and I just want to ask, since they will be checking my height and weight and body structure, do they really have to be proportionate to one another?

thanks!:ok:

anansi_boy
25th Mar 2007, 16:56
Thanks Toulost!

The link you gave helped me a lot. Well, I just have to maintain this just to be sure. :ok:

Anansi_boy

DeltaSix
26th Mar 2007, 23:50
Mga kabayan,

To those of you who have finished their CPL with IR and looking for a job, let me know if you have the capacity to fund your type rating as SimCenter in Florida is running a First Officer program in India in the A320 and B737.
Send me your email address and I'll send the info to you.

The job offers 4,400 USD per month + living expenses - that should be enough to live on and pay the loan back for your training.

You need to do the type rating with them and they will place you with an Indian airline. Check the documents I will send you if there are further requirements. ( e.g. pay for line training and base check)

D6

dj852
28th Mar 2007, 05:07
hey co-applicants let us share thoughts here. :ok:

anansi_boy
29th Mar 2007, 05:13
cool! I'm an applicant too! Scheduled for psychomotor test on April 2, hopefully everything goes well.

Interview was ok, but they'll really flunk you if they don't like your attitude or answers. Has anyone here been through the pschomotor test? and psychometric?:)

dj852
31st Mar 2007, 14:11
anansi boy

bro whats up? do you have any insights na how the psychomotor test will be?:ok:

killermaya
4th Apr 2007, 11:50
:hmm: whats the medical status for 2007a wannabes!? ready for serious PT:=

Left Wing
4th Apr 2007, 11:55
a bit lost here .......is there a new flt school to compete with Alpha Aviation ....cheers

anansi_boy
5th Apr 2007, 02:47
just finished the psychomotor and psychometric tests. I'm just waiting for the result of the psychometric and all I can do now is pray:)

I hope I'm ready for the serious PT, been running 6 kms a day and swimming laps just to make sure I'm fit. :ok:

PAL av school has been accepting privately funded students since 1985, I think. It's been in existence longer than the Clark Institute of Aviation.

dj852
5th Apr 2007, 03:05
anansi boy

whats up bro? how is the psychomotor and psychometric test? care to give some points to prepare on? coz i was scheduled to have it on april 3 but they had moved mine this mid april dont know why..

anansi_boy
6th Apr 2007, 09:46
The psychomotor exam will test your manual dexterity. As you know, this will involve something that will challenge your eye-and-hand coordination. Speed and accuracy is important here.

The psychometric test is an aptitude and personality test. Challenging but fun coz it'll really make you think. :ok:

dj852
6th Apr 2007, 16:04
thanx bro..

btw how did they do it? we are in group? or one by one each exam/day? thanx a lot:ok:

DeltaSix
16th Apr 2007, 23:19
Toulost,

I'm sure something will be there for you down the track. The face of aviation is rapidly changing. I am posting this just to give hope to those who are genuinely interested in aviation but was knocked back by PAL Av School. Just remember, that is not the only avenue for your career to take off.

To be honest, I have seen people with just 250-400 hours outside of the Phils get a right seat job on a B737-800 or A319/320/321.

Of course they have paid for their jet training but they can afford it because they are outside. I'm not saying that you should pursue this avenue on the first instance but, it's just another door for those of our countrymen and women who have been disheartened by our country's aviation situation.

Goodluck to all

D6

bluecrush198
21st Apr 2007, 17:31
hello sir! I'm also an applicant for PAL av school batch 2007A. i passed my psychomotor test 2 days ago. I'm kinda worried because i don't have any connections inside PAL so i might be waived off by the panel (you know how it works...) In the orientation Engr. Menesses told us that all of PAL av schools graduates have been hired by PAL except for a handful of students that applied in other airlines. Do you think his statement is true or he just said that so the lucky 18 chosen for the class could have the peace of mind training?

bluecrush198
21st Apr 2007, 17:41
Hi! I'm also an applicant for batch 2007A. I think I'm running late coz i just had my psychomotor test 2 days ago. have u guys gone thru d psychological exam? if so, how was it? thanks!

Left Wing
22nd Apr 2007, 04:26
hi blue

pls tell me more about the PAL av school. thks so much :ok:

bluecrush198
22nd Apr 2007, 04:37
Hi Left Wing! PAL av school is located in Clark airbase in Pampanga and is said to be the best flying school here in the Philippines. they choose 18 students for each batch and they are required to pay around 2m for the training which lasts for 12-16 months depending on the weather conditions. they have 5 conventional cessna 172R, 5 garmin 100 loaded cessna 172R and a piper seminole. but im really not sure if you will get hired by PAL after you graduate with a CPL IR in their school because i have heard rumors about casualties in every batch. thats all i know hehe :)

anansi_boy
22nd Apr 2007, 06:29
hey guys! I took my psychometric exam with 6 other people on the same day. As with hiring successful trainees after training, I remember Engr. Meneses mentioned that only 4 trainees weren't hired during his stay at PAL av school. I also remember that he addressed that question during the open forum of the orientation, stating that the purpose of PAL av school is to train pilots to be employed by PAL. If you remember the psychomotor test was conducted at the company's placement and recruitment office, this could be a hint of probable employment with the company. However, keep in mind that hiring successful trainees is their option. I most certainly think that one's performance during the selection process and during training will determine their future with the company. just my two cents:ok:

bluecrush198, don't worry about not having any connections inside PAL. I remember during my interview, there was this fellow applicant who informed us that his father was already a pilot with PAL, so I think he was pretty confident he would get in. However, that wasn't the case and he was asked to try again next year.

bluecrush198
23rd Apr 2007, 17:34
thanks anansi_boy for your words of encouragement! i feel a bit relieved. :)
I've been going all out in the application process i have turned down a training-employment offer from a MRO station so i could work on this full time. please keep me posted on your progress. good luck to us all bro!:ok:

anansi_boy
23rd Apr 2007, 18:13
no problem bluecrush:) I can relate to your situation as I also resigned from my work just to focus on my application. I think sometimes that's the price we have to pay in pursuing our dreams. Btw, I'm already scheduled for a final medical exam on Apr 26. After the final medical would probably be the final ranking of successful applicants. I guess we really just have to aim for the top spot so that if we fall short, it won't be so bad. I really learned a lot from this forum, just glad to find people who share the same passion. Goodluck to all applicants!:ok:

bluecrush198
24th Apr 2007, 11:09
thanx anansi_boy! i had my psycho exam earlier and it was really boring hehe! good luck on your final medical and please keep me posted so i can be ready for the tests. i hope we both make it!:ok:

dj852
26th Apr 2007, 10:24
hi guyz!

whats up? ts kinda hard to wait for something we wernt so sure about..;)
just had my psychometric test late last week and now waiting for the results each and every passing day.

anansi boy how long did it take before you got the results of the psychometric test? and as u did have your final medical exam today can share some tips about it.:)

to bluecrush,anansi boy all the best to us bros. hopefully we can make it. goodluck!:ok:

anansi_boy
26th Apr 2007, 11:53
hey dj852,

About the result of the psychometric test, I too waited for quite a while. I took it on April 3 and just got the result last April 19. As for the medical, you really just have to be fit. In my opinion, this is one part of the process that you can't really prepare for in a very short time. You just have to live clean and live healthy. I still have to do an EEG, audiogram and treadmill test, but I'm hopeful. Good luck to us!:ok:

dj852
26th Apr 2007, 12:47
anansi boy,

thanx bro. yeah you should be really clean inside and out of your body, as for the treadmill test ive been jogging every morning. even in foods im into low cal,carb,cholesterol diet right now.:ok: so you mean final medical takes more than 1 day? thanx bro!:ok:

bluecrush198
26th Apr 2007, 14:50
hi guys! its really nice to share thoughts here with fellow applicants.... i hope we all make it to the finals!:ok: me to i have been eating oatmeal and tuna all day because i was a bit overweight when i had my initial medical. dj852 i think the final medical would take more than a day because there would be a lot of tests done. best of luck to us all bros!;)

anansi_boy
26th Apr 2007, 19:37
dj852 and bluecrush198,

hey guys! It's good to hear that you've been keeping yourselves on the healthy side. This is a very good investment for ourselves and for our families sake too. In addition, a career in aviation really depends upon our health. I'm pretty sure that it'll take more than a day to finish up the final medical exams. Well, you may finish the simple things first like the eye exams, chest xray, dental check up and drug testing. But for the additional exams I mentioned before, you'll have to call the respective hospitals to make an appointment. The ear exam will be done at the Makati Medical Hospital. While the EEG and treadmill test will be done at the Cardinal Santos Medical Center.

Bluecrush198, I had a similar problem with being overweight before. I know it takes a lot of discipline, but I know you can do it. I was around 175 lbs when passed my application last Sept 2006, after running and swimming and eating right I got my weight down to 150 lbs when I took the initial medical. It's all in the mind, hehehe! Good luck to us!:ok:

dj852
28th Apr 2007, 03:36
bros..

i too i was 183lbs last november. due to diet and gym and early morning jogging im doing like 146lbs. when determination is put into something you really want for your whole life chances are good that you can succeed.:ok: but of cors prayers and a bit of luck is needed.

all the best to us.:ok:

pardon me for this anansi. is there a fecal exam? its the thing that annoys me too much.

anansi_boy
28th Apr 2007, 15:14
hey dj852,

Unfortunately, I'll have to say yes, they will run a fecal exam. If by fecal exam you mean that they'll take your stool sample. It's a very thorough physical examination, it's probably in preparation for future medical requirements in acquiring an ATPL. They even required my wisdom tooth taken out, I'll have to get ready for the cost of surgery and the actual surgery itself it the tooth is impacted. Just goes to show that they don't leave any stone unturned. hehehe:p

bluecrush198
28th Apr 2007, 16:20
hehe its gona be a dirty task collecting our :mad:! anansi_boy are you done with the medical? im wondering how long will it take before i get my psycho exam results... wat about u dj852 did you get your psycho results?

zenflyer
29th Apr 2007, 03:14
hi!

im applying for PAL Av school and was wondering if there's any website or if anyone out there could give an outline of the application/testing procedures, the tests that will have to be taken?
Is it required to have a Body Mass Index to be normal? Im a bit overweight at 180 lbs for 5'10" so does that mean I'll have to shed a few pounds? Thanks!

Also some comments on Clark AV school for those who are interested in applying. I visited their campus just last week (April 2007) and the campus was still pretty much in construction although there were already three batches of students in three classrooms enrolled. The receptionist was kind enough to give me a short tour of the campus. A few comments though I have is that training is done through a computer program. Meaning you sit in front of the computer the whole day and go through a computer program. Doesnt it seem kind of boring? There are instructors though (mostly foreigners) but I was told they only give a short briefing at the start of class, then its all computer based. Also I was told that as yet, they still have no aircraft on campus (although it was mentioned that they already ordered and the aircraft are due for arrival) so this means that there is no actual training flying involved? Is it all simulator and computer based training? Is there anyone out there currently enrolled in Clark AV school who could give some feedback? Thanks!! :)

dj852
29th Apr 2007, 10:59
bros.

anansi you've gave me an idea bout wisdom tooth, ill have my dentist check my teeth for it. got a friend he entered the military academy he got his impacted tooth removed through surgery he told me ts not a fun memoirs in his life. kya ill have my self checked.:ok:

bluecrush i still dont have my results, maybe we can get busy by the tooth thing while waiting for it.:ok:

zen flyer walk straight to p.l.c. and should get or know everything you need. look for mr. narmon tirol

bluecrush198
29th Apr 2007, 14:25
hi guys! Sir Toulost is right, im not really sure about cebu pac's MPL or if it is ATO approved. we are very lucky to be advised by pilots like him.:O right now i would stick to PLC and hope for the best hehe! yeah i think i should also get my tooth fixed so it wont be a problem when the time comes...

kurimaw
29th Apr 2007, 15:17
Sirs...

this is my final year of my 2yr course in aircraft maintenance...
and my OJT will start in october this year...

and my plan is to have my training in Lufteck....

because lufthansa offers all graduating students...(2yr and 4yr degree)
a contract to work with them as a fully rated mechanic....within 7-10yrs...

but the consequenses are:
passports, licenses will be holded by the company....during your contract..
(departure hold in immigration)

the hangar of lufthansa(macroasia)in villamor was owned by LT? right!
and LT is the responsible of contract offers in lufteck...(because he owns the hangar of lufteck)

my questions are...

1. can the aircraft mechanic or trainee of lufteck can apply and qualify
in PALav? (2yr or 4yr degree) during or after the contract??

2. if not....how should you start to study flying lessons?
because you'll work in 8-10hrs a day...in large aircraft?

3. or should not accept this offer from lufteck...
and start to work or study flying in GenAv???

about the medical....
my weight is only 50kg...and height is only 5'6..
should i gain more weight....

give me some advices of this.....

the offers in cebupac has no guarantee after you finish their MPL program and because FAA does not recoginzed this license yet and all airline companies are not familiar to this license...

thanks and happy flying......!

anansi_boy
29th Apr 2007, 16:52
Kurimaw,

For your height, I think you are underweight. I think...:p As for applying while holding an aircraft mechanic or aircraft mechanic trainee position, I think as long as you meet their requirements there won't be any problem with that. I know some flight attendants also working with PAL at the moment also trying their luck with av school, so go for it. :ok:

bluecrush198 and dj852,

Nope, haven't finished the medical yet. I think the medical will be finished when I've submitted all the required paper work, like proof that I had the dental work done, taken the eeg, etc. I took the audiogram at MMC the other day but the results are sealed and I'll have to submit it first to sir Reggie at PAL medical. Pretty cool test!:cool: I know how you feel about collecting your own stool man hehehe! I'll have my EEG and treadmill test on May 3, then I'll have to wait for 2 to 3 days for the result then submit it to sir reg. Regarding your psychometric exam results, you can also try to call sir narmon. I don't think he'll take it against you if you just want to know where you stand at this point:ok:

Toulost,

Thanks for the tips! We newbies truly appreciate every help we can get:D

sydav
30th Apr 2007, 12:46
hi guys,

im just wondering if anyone knows if the applications have closed for this intake? I actually applied sometime in march for PAL to reply to me earlier this month saying my citizenship was an issue since i was not a Filipino citizen, and if I could fix up my papers asap.

I did this, and was able to get all my documentation, including Filipino citizenship to them last week. I am now in correspondence with the Avschool and was told that my application would be "placed for the active file for the next batch to be upon availability of the schedule". That was the other day through email. So Im just wondering now if that means that this intake has closed and I've missed it, or that its still currently happening.

For all you guys who have applied for this year, have you been advised of a commencement date should you be succesfull? or is it sill all in the air at the moment?

thanks!

bluecrush198
30th Apr 2007, 13:04
Kurimaw,

I graduated from PATTS last october with a degree in aircraft maintenance technology and had my training in lufthansa technik MA3 base maintenance dept. (now AO6) where we handled C-checks, EQ checks and sometimes S-1 and S-2 checks of the PAL fleet. it was a great experience for me coz i was around wide and narrow bodied a/c and had the chance to learn about the systems. i learned more in my 6months of work in LTP than in my 4yrs of college hehe! I also planned to work for LTP but their contract binds you for 7years not 10. this would really delay your flying dreams coz working as an aircraft mechanic, you are exposed to the harsh chemicals used for a/c maintenance and may deteriorate your health.

As for your 2yr ATC course you should have gone straight to a 4yr course like BSAMT or BSAvTech if you would ask me...

If i were you finish your 2yr course then proceed to get a bachelors degree then apply at PAL Av school or cebu pac's MPL.

anansi_boy,

thanks for the info bro and goodluck on your remaining tests i hope you pass it all!:ok: maybe ill call sir narmon on wednesday to check my results coz i heard its a holiday tom.

bluecrush198
30th Apr 2007, 13:17
sydav,

i think it is closed because some of us are going through the final stages of the application process and i don't think they are holding panel interviews up to this point. we were told that the target date for the training is sometime in july but what i have heard from a graduate of PAL av school it is always delayed.

try to ask PLC people about your status just to be sure.

good luck mate!:ok:

sydav
30th Apr 2007, 13:22
blue_crush,

thanks for the heads up!

in that case, would anyone know of possible further intakes this year? i really hope so.

hope you guys are successfull with you application! keep us posted!

oh btw, when they told you about all panel interview and tests, how much notice were you given? I currently live outside of the country and so will need to either go back for the application process, or move there permanently... which is the plan either way...

thanks again! and good luck!

anansi_boy
30th Apr 2007, 14:32
sydav,

I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to catch up to this current batch of applicants. After the final medical results are in, we'll just be waiting for the ranking. I heard that final ranking of pilot trainees may be done on May 15, but I'm not sure. As for the notice of your panel interview, we were made to choose what date and time we would be able to take it. They'd give you a timeframe, for example May 1 to May 14. Within that time frame you can choose which date you'd like to schedule your interview. You'll also be able to determine if you'd like it done in the morning or in the afternoon.

bluecrush198,

No problem bro! thanks also! Keep me posted on your progress:ok: I hope we do meet in PAL av school:ok:

sydav
30th Apr 2007, 15:20
thanks for the info anansi_boy!

yeah... i really do hope PAL will have another intake this year... otherwise, I may have to seek other options to flying, either here or over there. though id rather it be over there.

its always quite dawnting relocating, especially between countries....so yes, i do hope i meet the both of you over there in PAL aviation school. hopefully in this years intake though... haha, im obviously still living in the hope that there is some chance....

good luck!!!!!

thanks again!

dj852
1st May 2007, 02:45
sydav mate!

i once called sydney home...it shows with my call sign here DJ virgin blue mate!:ok:

the batch were applying for is the class 2007alpha, and bluecrush is right that this batch may already be close. we started the processing since march and pal av skul may commence the training some time in june-july. you should have applied earlier. but dont worry 2007 bravo is scheduled on september from what i heard. the processing is 3mos for the application. so i suggest move your butt here in manila by june or july to be sure.:ok:

btw have you checked flight training adelaide? ts the place cathay pacific train their cadet pilots and a number of other airlines too. or you might had overlooked qantas has its own cadet pilot program too. all the best to us!:ok:

p.s. northsydney here mate. and you?

anansi whats up? any latest news on your final medical.

bluecrush am still wid you man...were both waiting.:cool:

sydav
1st May 2007, 03:50
hey dj,

yeah i guess i should have noted that to be virgin blue.

beta? sweet! is beta confirmed to be commencing this year? i really hope so... my application is now with sir Tirol, and has been with PAL since march. but yeah... i guess a few months should be ok. where can i find out more on the beta intake?

ahh...yes i have checked flight schools here. though, qantas cadet program is a whopping P4.5+mil.... .. as with other flight schools around, been flying with basair in sydney for the past year.... and am looking now at adelaide as my best bet should i decide to stay here.

the decision on which school to study at comes down to which country i want to live in and settle and work. and as of now, that's the philippines... so i'd much preffer doing the study somewhere there, as to get exposure to the industry in the PH...

sydney, hills.

im also waiting with you guys! hope you guys get the good news you have all been waiting for!

dj852
1st May 2007, 07:18
sydav

it should commence mate. as far what i heard from previous graduates yearly there were 2 classes alpha & bravo. basair in bankstown airport? inquired there too bout the atpl program almost priced like qantas' training but it doesnt asure you a job. for short darn too expensive for my pocket.:}

good things comes to those who wait as the saying goes.:ok:

bluecrush198
1st May 2007, 07:59
sydav,

im sure there will be a bravo batch this year. its all good, i think there are less applicants in the bravo batch and you can also prepare yourself physically while waiting for the intake so when the time comes you will be in good condition.

waiting really sucks but as dj852 said "good things comes to those who wait" is true hehe! it would be great if we see each other in PALav guys so lets give it our all!:ok:

kurimaw
1st May 2007, 11:15
thanks for the advice.........
bluecrush198......

i don't want to proceed anymore going to AMT...
because....the lessons of each subject are damn....!
too old and too far behind for today....!
and the shop/lab.......ehem!!!! PHP,
i hope you know that kind of thing....

and if i proceed to degree courses.....
i rather choose the IT courses............

because most of the aircraft system are fully automated....(fly by wire)by airbus... and (hydraulics)for boeing

and most of the A/C mechanics are computer literate..

actually....the CIA offers me the cebupac's MPL program..
but the problem is....too heavy in pocket...
entrance worth of 10,000
d.p of 100,000
and almost 70,000 per month during your 12month training...
and the license is not yet recoginzed!!!

but the PALav....offers a student loan that you can pay 2M within 15yrs.....but the requirement is a degree holder..
and i'm not qualified because of my educ'l attainment...

but my mother has a contact in pal....
a manager but i don't know what dept...
and my mother keep on saying me that you need to avoid failing grade and maintain a grade at least 2 to 2.5 to enter the academy....even only
i graduated as a ATC.....
but i have now already iverson grades in minor subjects. but not failing grades..
so i don't want to expect and because there are many applicants
better than me.......and most of them are already experienced and degree holder and they rather choose a experienced than a fresh starter....

so it's better to proceed to degree and have a job experience..........

for me...this is the final year of my ATC course....
i must push my luck to have a job after i grad....
and proceed to other courses.....

bluecrush198.......

give me some advices for this....

i have the files of airbus A320 and boeing 747-400 flight crew training manual and systems... saved on my p.c
every aircraft system has almost 600pages...
should i start now to read this files.....
to use this as a knowledge and reference during my OJT in oct...?
and if the lufteck needs a applicant has a idea about the aircraft structures and system?? to qualify them as a trainee.....

and what aircraft should i must familiarized? boeing or airbus....

thanks and happy flying.....!

sydav
1st May 2007, 12:43
right then… i guess ill just have to wait it out....

thanks for all the info guys… with finishing my degree in a month, I was really scared of having to wait till next year for another intake…. Phew….

Is there any particular advice you can give me in regards to securing a position? I did apply to the airforce here, but had to rescind since uni had started,… though it was difficult. the most difficult part of it would have to be general knowledge on current affairs. Eg. Who the current minister of health was. Is it to that extent to which I need to be informed of Philippine airlines, Philippines, and the local government? any other prep advice you guys can give me woul dbe much appreciated...http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/infopop/icons/icon14.gif

Also, with all the industry airlines encouraging the push towards MCPLs, its really got me considering taking the chance and going CIA should PAL not be able to accommodate me. So I have a question if someone would be able to help. Say I were to graduate both schools, which has better standing to the airlines? Someone who has been jet rated with only 70 hours actual flying experience, or someone with 200+ hours and not jet rated?

I too knows the pain of the wait…would be killing you guys…. but like you all said: “good things comes to those who wait”

So hopefully wont be too much longer…

See you all in PALav this September!!?!!

Thanks again!:ok:

dj852
1st May 2007, 12:59
bluecrush

i do hope so mate that we will end up with good results.:ok:

sydav

as bluecrush mentioned you should really prepare your self to be physically fit such as proportionate height and weight, healthy well being is a must in order to get your self in at av school. prepare for the worst:} just kidding mate!:ok: to enlighten you with the process here is how it goes.

stage 1 orientation- the day pal av school will share you nice to know things. such as history, pictures and how the training goes. at the end and you feel like joining the corps of cadets. they will ask you to log on the specific day you want to have your interview. normally 5 diff days will be given interview scheds were morning and afternoon

stage 2 impact panel interview- you will be interviewed by not less than 5 persons from av school, flight ops dept,corporate affairs and ultimately hrd. take my word you have to IMPRESSED them that you will be a good pilot for pal.

if you passed you can proceed to stage3

stage 3 initial medical- weight, height and vision will be checked here sounds easy but not for everyone. you must pass and be approved by the pal medical.

stage 4 psychomotor - this will test your speed and accuracy

stage 5 psychological exam- long exam. blue crush and me stucked in here waiting for the results as of now.

stage 6 final medical- long process i think.. from what anasi shared. this will really determine if your fit to become a pilot literally in and out of your body.

then ranking of applicants. from i remember from engr.meneses top 20 will be 2007 alpha. corrections are welcome:ok:

to kurimaw

finish a bachelors degree, work experience is not necessary, but good scholastic record will matter. avoid to much 3, ultimately avoid 5!

good luck to us!:ok:

dj852
1st May 2007, 13:11
sydav

regarding your inquiry which is better pal av or cia mpl here is a qoute from a senior in this thread. ( its choosing between a rigorous flying on the right seat of a320 or an easy fair job as an wide body SO)

sydav
1st May 2007, 13:27
are there any concessions given to the course you have completed?

i know in my course there is a publically known failure rate of an average of 8 subjects throughout the course. which is kind of stupid when you think of it. since the course only accepts the top 5% of the state, and then in that percentage who do go on to study the course, there is a significantly high failure rate, as well as a significantly higher drop out rate. Of the 60 people i started my course with, only 6 are due to finish on time, another 4 next sem... and the rest staggered on to further years...

also, should you have graduated with honors, would that be of an advantage at all? or would it make no significance what you studied, and where. I was just wondering if standards were taken into consideration. also, with many carrer opportunities in my industry, people seem to use their final year thesis projects as a platform. now, does pal consider the same? or do thesis projects regardless of cost/matter make no impact? haha just wondering, cos im in the final stages of thesis completion, and was wondering if i should pitch it a little to impress the airline execs, rather than industry engineers.

ahh soo many questions soo little time..... i should just head over there asap... haha. you guys have been all too kind to respond to my queries. many thanks!:)

bluecrush198
1st May 2007, 17:44
kurimaw,

well its up to you coz it really wont matter what college degree you have when you want to be a pilot. true, AMT subjs are really old and thats because aircraft systems and technology are also old. for me, its just a matter of what kinds of things you want to learn and what would keep you driven while earning your degree. hehe yeah i know most instructors in PATTS has a price but its really up to you if you want to learn or get your tuitions worth.

and let me tell you that when you apply for PAL av you will also pay more or less 10thou for the medical and psychological tests.

hmm... if im not mistaken, your training manuals are for the flight crew of an A320 and B747-400. lufthansa technik philippines is an MRO station w/c means maintenance, repair and overhaul facility. i dont think it would be necessary to read it coz you wont actually fly the plane there. but it would also pay to be familiar with various a/c systems and operations so you wont annoy chief mechanics by asking too much questions like when i was there hehe!

no, LTP does not require their trainees to be familiar with the a/c, once you are in you will soon realize that people working there are very understanding. they will teach you everything you need to know and will always be in a mechanics side untill you gain their trust, then they will leave you to do the work (sometimes alone) while they drink coffee and smoke outside the hangar hehe!

you can familiarize yourself with any a/c type or model, its all up to you but don't memorize it all! thats why it is S.O.P. for mechanics to check the maintenance manual, task cards, illustrated parts catalog, ATA chapters etc. while working just to be sure they won't miss any procedures.

sydav,

i don't think PAL will ask you about your thesis when you apply here. but that really depends on the panelists in your interview. they may ask awkward questions depending on their mood. but if you are qualified and they see determination in you, then im sure they will give you a chance.

dj852 & anansi_boy,

hehe im looking forward to seeing you guys in clark hehe! anansi, can you tell me what kind of eye tests they conducted on your final medical?

kurimaw
2nd May 2007, 02:51
bluecrush198.......

proceeding to a degree is a good advantage....
but earning money to support your flying carrer..
is most needed........2M...:(

i've downloaded this manual because, every seminar that the our organization given to us....there is always a missing piece......

like the seminar of landing gear of 747-400 and A320....given to us last feb...

the (xerox)manuals about the landing gear that given to us.........
only the structures and assembly...and parts....
and the missing piece is landing gear operation in the cockpit....

for ex.....the nose steering tiller....overrides the rudder
and other ECIAS display that didn't mention in our seminar....

LTP is a good company specially in maintenance.....
i hope that reading the important part of aircraft manual
related to maintenace...good enough to have idea and to related if the senoir mechanic asks me a questions....

bluecrush198...?

during your training....what rating that you familiarized most????
CFM,CF6, APU or Composit and repair?

dj852...............

finish a bachelors degree, work experience is not necessary, but good scholastic record will matter. avoid to much 3, ultimately avoid 5!

that's true......ultimately AVOID 5:{ and avoid too much 3:ugh:
getting a grade of 5 is damn:mad:

but right now.......

patience is the best thing that i can do right now....going to my career as a pilot.....(step-by-step):cool:

wait and see what happends in future...

thanks for all advices....

goodluck and happy flying!!!

dj852
2nd May 2007, 05:04
blue crush

any news?

anansi_boy
2nd May 2007, 06:41
Hey guys!

Eye tests done include far vision, colour vision and depth perception. It's a lot like the initial medical process.

I think having good grades is a measure of your ability and discipline. In my humble opinion, these are traits that every pilot must have. Graduating with honors may not seem to be important, but it won't hurt to have additional 'impact' points during your interview.

A tip that might help other applicants is focusing on one stage of the process at a time. Think positive but always be prepared for the worst, life will be a lot easier. :O

bluecrush198
2nd May 2007, 07:33
kurimaw,

well we cant really expect much from the organizers of seminars coz they are always under budget and they are not professionals but merely students like you. and i think 1 day of seminar will not be sufficient to cover the whole B747 landing gear subject but its just to familiarize you how it works. believe me, when your in LTP senior mechs will not be the one asking questions, it will be you bro!:8 when i was there i really did not focus on 1 system like powerplant, fuels, hydraulics or structures. i was exposed to all systems, they would assign me where they needed more manpower.

dj852,

hehe i called sir narmon earlier but he said no new results of the psycho exam are in yet he said he will inform the applicants who passed. maybe tom "daw" but he's not sure. right now im trying to keep my weight down hehe and i might have my blood tested tom just to be prepared.

anansi_boy,

thank for the info! i'm kinda worried about using the PC too much it might affect my vision but if its similar to the initial medical we had i dont think it would be a problem hehe!

dj852
2nd May 2007, 08:42
anansi

during the final medical are there exams which will be done by pal medical? goodluck to you bro.:ok:

blue crush

im setting my mind that results should come at the end of the week so ill not be expecting it everyday.

to all us hope for the best and prepare for the worst.:ok:

some day w'ell be in the skies.

sydav
2nd May 2007, 11:29
where's everybody from?

I'm, just trying to get a general gist of the dynamics.

since some of the program will be undertaken in manila, i was just wondering where non-local students would reside, ie. if like clark, there is accomodation services if required at the expense of students, or if accomodation in manila would have to be found on my own accord.

dj, how long have you been in Philippines for? and did you find it difficult to navigate around manila? Im from cebu, and rarely go to manila, except on times when id visit the family there... so i really dont have much directional sense when im there usually...

dj852
2nd May 2007, 11:55
sydav

info bout accomodations in clark. wid cia they have dorm style up to a hotel like serviced rooms meaning it comes wid a chamber maid to fix your stuffs etc.. it all depends on the bucks you are willing to spend. in pal av school cause the training is semi military style i would like to address it as barracks with aircons from what i remember four trainees in a room again at the trainees' expense. i dont have any idea of price range.

i grew in manila actually finish my h.s. and uni here then moved to sydney after my graduation. i was looking for avenues on how to start my life there such as residency issues jobs as well when i decided to go home here in manila to try my luck here in pal. now here i am trying to get the best out of here mate.:ok:

but i still call australia home.(love the place so much)

sydav
2nd May 2007, 12:15
ahhh right.... sweet

im the other way round i guess... still call philippines home, though ive been here all my life pretty much. hahaha

im not too familiar with manila and since i will be leaving here in about 6 weeks was looking for accomodation in manila... anywhere you can suggest?

dj852
2nd May 2007, 13:40
i would suggest that u get a serviced apartment example oakwood in ayala center priced bit hefty like 100 usd a day or you can get a hotel at malate area that would be perfect if you will be working your way in to pal, cause the place is near at p.l.c. prices might range 20-30 usd a night. you know wat better check the net it might give you accurate figures.:ok:

zenflyer
3rd May 2007, 01:21
hi Sydav,

mr. Narmon said that there's another batch coming october so i dont think applications are closed yet. when did you submit your application? i wasnt aware that the batches are called alpha, bravo. so DJ and Anansi you guys will be in the Alpha batch this June? I think though that there was first batch earlier that started training in March? So if thats true October will be the 3rd batch?

Anyways Sydav as for acommodations, the first few 3-4 months of training will be in the PAL learning center in Ermita, Manila area so if you're gonna be renting a place you might not want to rent long term since we're probably only going to be in Manila for 4 months for ground school. if you're on a tight budget there are a few pension houses neaby walking distance to PAL Center. Im not sure the exact cost but its probably cheap since its pretty bare (no aircon, bunkbeds, shared CR) but you should probably get used to it since thats what the acommodations are going to be like in flight school in Clark =) I dont think you should you worry about the acommodations when we're in Clark since we're required to stay in their barracks (bunkbeds, 4 in a room, and no-aircon).

Btw DJ, Anansi, and other PAL enrollees are you guys going to be paying the tuition yourselves or will you be taking out the student loan with Allied Bank? Do you know anyone who took out the loan and what are the requirements? Thanks!! :)

kurimaw
3rd May 2007, 02:10
bluecrush198......

thanks for the info about in LTP... and PALav...
so in the future.....i'm prepare enough...

hmm......

LTP allows their employees/trainees to study while working (working student)?

zenflyer
3rd May 2007, 02:36
Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you know what the typical background of the PAL applicants (those who are applying) and the successful applicants (those who actually get in) are. I've heard that the number of applicants range in the hundreds to thousands each batc? Is this true? if so then competition to get in would be really tight! :bored:

Although PAL cadet training is ab-initio, do they prefer applicants with actual PPL even CPL's and with flying time? Or an aviation degree at an aviation college? I'm applying to PAL AV schooll and would like to get an idea of my chances of actually getting in. I have no aviation education background of flying time (apart from taking a 120 minute orientation flight at Omni) However I am fluent in English, have an undegrad degree in Economics (and a few Masters degree credits too) from a top college and five years of work experience in officer level. I don't know if all this will help though if a lot of the other applicants have actual aviation experience. Would any of you guys know? Thanks! :)

dj852
3rd May 2007, 03:06
zen flyer

basically you must meet the initial requirements like single,below 30 and graduate of any 4yr degree course from a reputable university, height 5'4 minimum and physically FIT.

ppl or cpl is not required even if youre ppl holder if you ever get accepted you will start from zero. so aviation backround might be an advantage at some manners but not a necessity. backround of trainess varies such as some are fresh grads from college and others have work experience like some get in at the age of 21 and some at 29 hope your getting my point. as long as your qualified everyone is given the chance to apply.

all the best to us. good luck:ok:

bluecrush198
3rd May 2007, 03:33
hey guys! sir narmon txtd me this morning and told me i passed the psychological exam and im scheduled for final medical on may17. whew!

kurimaw,

i think they will allow you to study while working but it depends on your schedule. mechanics in LTP work in 3 shifts daily thats 12am-8am, 8am-4pm and 4pm-12am. i think they change shifts every 2 or 3 months. you can work out a deal with the school your enroling in.

zenflyer,

as long as you have any college degree and meet their requirements you can apply... i prefer to take the loan coz i think they would be forced to hire you so you can pay the loan hehe but my dad thinks its stupid coz the loan's interest will kill you and so he will pay for my tuition but ill pay him back.

kurimaw
3rd May 2007, 04:23
last question bluecrush198......

what are the requirements needed to have a OJT/trainee in LTP??

is any batch of applicants are scheduled like in PALav???

and should i start now to call LTP...? or later after my 1st sem...
before the start of 2nd sem..this oct?

thanks and happy flying............!

bluecrush198
3rd May 2007, 05:33
kurimaw,

first you have to be connected with an employee in LTP preferably from the line or base maintenance dept so you will not be assigned to office work. if your from PATTS, get a NBI and police clearance and secure a waiver/recomendation from ms. villanos at the guidance councilor office. basically what they asked from me in my training was my resume and a 1x1 id pic w/ red background for my ID. thats all. if you have connections in LTP they wont ask much from you in the interview.

if you want you can start your training now so you can get your diploma immediately after your graduation like what i did but ill warn you, its gonna be hectic bro. my sched b4 was 9am-3pm i was in skul then 4pm-12am i was in LTP so you do the math hehe!

dj852,

any news about your psycho exam results? i re scheduled my medical on may 17 so i can have more time to prepare hehe!

anansi_boy,

finished w/ your medical? do you get your medical results immediately or do you have to wait for it?

dj852
3rd May 2007, 08:42
bluecrush

the wait is over cheers!:ok: ill be having my final medical on may 9. good thing they favored your may 17.:ok:

sydav
3rd May 2007, 10:33
zenflyer,

Thanks for the accommodation info. I will look into it. Is ermita far from QC or Makati? Hahah…. I hope im not sounding to ignorant, but Manila is such a big place… and getting my bearing when Im there just doesn’t seem possible when I only stay usually a short time.

I submitted my application in March, but was sent back due to my citizenship not being Filipino, so I guess that was officially lodged on April 20? That included all citizenship papers, and certificate from my uni, since my full transcript wont be available till the end of June.

blue_crush,

congrats! Not too far away now…. Hope you do well on you final medical!

Wow! That means 3 batches for this year… PAL are really covering themselves for the upcoming shortage of pilots…

I know it’s a little early to be asking this, but is there leave time? Like Christmas and NYE, or my Grad ceremony? Though I graduate this june, with all papers and docs finalized, the ceremony wont be held until Nov…. so im hoping PAL would give me the week or so off to come back to Sydney so I can see my parents smile as I get that certificate again…. How likely is it that they will grant this?

Haha… well I guess first things first, securing a position with PALav, then play it from there…

See you guys soon! Keep us posted on your progress!

Congrats and good luck!

dj852
3rd May 2007, 14:27
sydav and zen flyer

so it means there will be 2007 charlie? because what were applying for is alpha and it will be the 1st batch this year. the second will be october bravo aim for that class.:ok:

good luck to all of us.

kurimaw
4th May 2007, 01:01
thanks for the info bluecrush198.........

hope that i can make it going to LTP later in PALav.....

and congrats to you bro....:cool: hope you make it to your carrer....

thanks and happy flying........

sydav
4th May 2007, 04:31
hi...

ahh not sure... zenflyer said you guys have applied for alpha, though if there was an intake in marrch, wouldnt that have been alpha for the year? making you guys (the batch now) beta? and then me in october charlie?

haha.... im not too sure..... but thats going by what zenflyer has said...

any new as of yet guys?

bluecrush198
4th May 2007, 05:50
dj852,

yeah at last its over and we can go on with the final medical! hehe! i asked sir narmon to move my medical date coz i plan to have a pre med check up
in makati med just to be sure.

kurimaw,

thanx! no prob bro if you have more questions feel free to ask guys around here they are very helpful. good luck to you too bro!:ok:

Toulost,

sir, you sound like your from PAL av by using the term "divine intervention" w/c is always used by sir narmon hehe! what you mentioned were exactly what i was told by PAL av but Engr. Menesses said they plan to have 4 batches this year, do you think PAL av's facilities is capable of accommodating this much pilot trainees? thanx 4 your time sir we really appreciate your help!:}

dj852
4th May 2007, 08:30
toulost

divine intervention kinda deep i wonder what is it??:} . are you an A.O. sir?

blue crush

nice move bro atleast you will be aware of your condition before facing doc gil again.:ok:

so the batch started last nov. is 2006 alpha? i thought it is bravo though...

zenflyer
4th May 2007, 08:30
To Bluecrush, Anansi, and Dj and others who have passed on to their final medicals stage congrats!! :D Konti nalang! Hope you guys get in!

By the way, what are you guys doing now to get ready for the final medical exams?

dj852
4th May 2007, 08:37
thanx zen flyer

you know bro for sure you will be doing the exact things we were going through right now. its a bit fun and long wait experience. (ts one hell of a ride!):ok:

all the best to us!

zenflyer
4th May 2007, 08:53
Hi guys,

Just handed in my application to PAL! Sorry can i just ask what the difference between the initial medical exam and the final medical exam is? If you dont pass the Normal BMI by initial medical exam time, will you be rejected? I checked my BMI on the net and I'm overweight by 10 pounds so I have a lot of P.T. to do. :eek: Or is the BMI checked only during the Final Medicals? That'll give me more time to get back in shape.

Also, is there a psychometric testing where we have to do some math, abstract reasoning and english?

Thanks! :)

bluecrush198
4th May 2007, 11:23
zenflyer,

in the initial medical stage, they will just check you far vision, color vision depth perseption, height, weight, body frame and complection. the final medical is a whole new ballgame, they will check you from head to toe in diff hospitals in the metro.
your BMI/body frame will be checked on your initial medical, i was 20lbs overweight when i had mine checked. Dr. Gil told me to lose weight fast b4 my final medical, i hope you get the idea. i dont think the psychometric testing will be a problem for you, almost all questions are basic, quick and positive thinking is all you will need.

sydav
5th May 2007, 12:08
Toulost sir,

Thanks for the info. It’s good to now have someone on the inside who would know more of the process than we would. Just out of interest, these days, what percentage of successful applicants are female? would it be almost at par?

Zenflyer,

That puts you in my boat...welcome and take a seat as we wait…

Lets now hope that 2007A can get finalised and started asap, so that PAL can get the ball rolling on beta.

“Pantay-pantay lang rin tayo dito sa PPRUNE”. Ahhh… right. That just made me realize that my tagalog skills are rougher than I had thought. Now, would this hinder my ability to learn with PALav? Or are the text which are used in English? Though I do understand tagalog, and can speak some…. reading tagalog is not so simple.

have a good weekend! :ok:

bluecrush198
6th May 2007, 06:51
hi guys! any news on your applications?

Toulost,

sorry sir can't help it! hehe!:8 looks like its gonna be crowded up there if ever they decide to handle 4 batches of trainees but its all good coz it means more opportunities for us pilot wannabes.

sydav,

i don't think reading tagalog would be a problem for you while training coz i haven't seen or heard of an aircraft manual translated in tagalog hehe!

dj852
6th May 2007, 12:23
toulost,

ill call you bro.:ok: can you shed us as wanabees how does like a life of an S.O goes in pal? like how many trips you make, cities etc.:ok: thanx

zenflyer
8th May 2007, 03:52
Hey guys,

Aside from Sydav and me, is anyone else here applying for 2007 Bravo class since 2007 Alpha is already closed for new applications? Does anyone have reliable info on when its really going to start or when the tentative sked for the Orientation will be? I called up PAL learning center to ask and someone (assistant I think named Daryl) said that orientation will be held in October still. Im not sure if he meant that the batch training will start in October or if the orientation will start in October. If he meant that orientation would be in October then doesnt that mean that training wont start in October since it takes a number of months for testing and screening of applicants to take place (probably 2 to 3 months?) I didnt want to ask him anymore since I didnt want to be makulit :oh: Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks!!

bluecrush198
8th May 2007, 07:55
zenflyer,

i think no one knows the exact date for the 2007 bravo batch, even PAL av can't say what date it would actually start. all they have is a target date kasi nga there are "divine interventions" that causes delays in every batch as Toulost said before... im sure PAL av will contact those who have passed their application papers and those who did not make it in the last batch if they decide to start recruitment for the 2007 bravo.

sydav
9th May 2007, 10:58
thank god for zenflyer! i was about to call them tomorrow and ask how my application was coming along. calling from here is not so easy, also given that i live in a house with no phone line.

i have not heard anything from PAL. I hope they deal with international filips in the same way, that they would contact me too by the same means?

so zenflyer, please keep me updated if you hear anything, and i will let you know likewise.

hows the rest of your processing coming along guys?

kurimaw
15th May 2007, 13:33
whats the latest right now......?

bluecrush198
17th May 2007, 04:23
seems like everyones busy with the final medical, im scheduled for the treadmill stress and EEG on may 23 pa kya mejo matagal. but im finished w/ the audiogram, blood test, visual, xray, etc. im waiting for the results maybe next week ang release.

good luck guys!:ok:

zenflyer
17th May 2007, 07:05
sydav,

sure i'll keep you posted if i receive any developments. as for now, i'm not really expecting any news till october though since thats the tentative date they that orientation will be. seems like the alpha batch isnt finished yet with their tests so i think its goin to be a pretty long wait from now. :suspect:

venus in blue jeans
18th May 2007, 08:25
Is there anyone from Classes AO69A or AO70A on this forum?

bluecrush198
19th May 2007, 05:39
sorry sir but most of us are applicants for the next batch...

Smiling_Goat
19th May 2007, 07:06
Hi guys!

I'm new here. I've been thinking about finally fulfilling my childhood dream and fortunately happened upon this site. Thanks for all the information you've been providing. Hopefully, I can get to be part of the 2nd batch of PAL Av School pilot trainees this year so I can finally leave my dead end job:mad:.

Can any of you guys tell me what the pay scheme is for the course of the training? How much upfront? Will the remaining balance be paid monthly/quarterly/semi-annually? How much per month/quarter/half-year?

I read somewhere before that the course takes about 16 - 18 months depending on the weather. Can anyone break this down as to how many months will be spent on Ground School (at Ermita) and how many months will be spent at Clark for the Flight Training?

bluecrush198
19th May 2007, 15:48
hi Smiling_Goat!

what i remember from our orientation is that the trainees payment scheme is quarterly so thats about 400-500k upfront for the tuition. but there are also monthly payments for electricity & lodging when your staying in clark. i have no idea how much it would be.

no one knows yet exactly how long trainees will stay in clark or train in ermita but i think the first 2 months will be ground training in ermita and the rest will be held in clark.

see you there bro!:ok:

Smiling_Goat
20th May 2007, 00:11
Thanks bluecrush198!

Is there anyone out there who also applied for Clark Aviation?

When do they start processing for the next batch of trainees?

kurimaw
20th May 2007, 10:00
bluecrush198............?

about the payment scheme of the CIA....

i ask if they allow to pay the 1.7M during the start of the bond not during the training????

eventually.....

the chairpersons of AMT and ATC encourage me to proceed in AMT next year....

but i dont know if i must go to work or proceed in studies.....

any advice for this bro???

bluecrush198
22nd May 2007, 03:45
kurimaw,

sorry bro I'm not familiar with CIA, I'm currently applying for PAL av school. maybe you can ask others who are familiar with CIA.

as i said before, if you want to be an airline pilot here in the Philippines, a 4yr college degree is a must. if you have financial problems then you can try to work while studying as an A&P mechanic. I know a few people who has been doing this and it works for them.

try to ask pilot instructors about your situation, they may have better solutions for you.

good luck in your decisions bro!:ok:

kurimaw
22nd May 2007, 05:24
thanks for the advice.........bluecrush198.

PALav.....needs a 4yr deg. graduate.....
CIA- needs you a lot of money.........

but i think....... a certification + degree = success
A/P mechanic is good enough to help me to reach my profession...
and pilot instructors can also help me about my situation.......

bluecrush198.......

if you enter in PALav....what benefit you may get after your training??
and what license that you will get.........

thanks and happy flying..........

bluecrush198
24th May 2007, 04:24
kurimaw,

in PAL av, you will get the benefits of graduating in the finest civilian flying school in the Philippines and i think you have about a 70% chance of being hired as a S/O for PAL (depends on your ranking/performance). When you graduate in PAL av you get a CPL with instrument ratings for 1.9++m w/c is also a lot of money. I heard from the instructor from PAL av that PAL only hires new pilots who graduated from PAL av school.

kurimaw
24th May 2007, 08:57
thanks a lot bluecrush198......

i hope that i can make it........

so....what batch you've applied.........?

PAL has a refleeting prog....so it means that they need more pilot.....?

bluecrush198
25th May 2007, 03:48
we are applying for the upcoming batch 2007A w/c should start this june. Yep, thats what i have heard around. they say PAL has a few planes on the way and that includes 2 Boeing 777 and airbus 320s. good thing for us pilot wannabes.:ok:

unruly
25th May 2007, 07:52
Not so sure about that assertion PAL only hire new pilots from PAL Avschool. New S/Os probably, but there are people coming in from GA and PAF going direct F/O in the A320s and 737s. There are even Direct Entry Captains. Also, just be prepared with your "dodo" answers (all six of them) as that culture just can't seem to go away even with all that CRM hoohah they are allegedly espousing on the flight deck nowadays. Old habits die hard, and old pilots are back in the domestic sectors! :uhoh:

kurimaw
25th May 2007, 08:47
wow....sounds good......

so it means that after finishing the training....
there is a chance to fly a NEW 777-300ER and A320-200 aircraft....

the last info that i read in airbus and boeing website.....
(20) A320 and (6) 777-300ER

but! cebupac.....
orders 25 more airbus A320 and 14 ATR-72 aircraft......
and will be delivered starting next-year.....

bluecrush198..........

thanks again for the info that i get from you....
many of my friends in patts asks me
what is the good way to became a pilot.....

and i answer them accurately....
also many people here are also pilots and professionals...
and this forums helps me a lot....

but for now.... i must have a playsafe decision.....

because anytime both of these company has always a very suprising announcements

and offers a good opportunities for us pilot wannabes.

thanks and happy flying..............

Cessna1052
25th May 2007, 09:42
Emirates is still hiring guys, if anybody is interested. They are now providing Airfares for the interview, unlike before that applicants spend for their own trip.
Just increased the salary lately, and that includes the Educational support allowance too.
Direct entry Captain position is also available to those who are Qualified(B777).
Direct entry FO for the A380s - at least 340 rated pilots are at present being looked at.(with all the delay, 2008 is the year for the 380s)

FO entry for 777 and 330s too.

Type rating not required

Plenty of lay-overs to choose from and turn arounds too, di mauubusan sa mga sikat.(bato bato sa langit)

City Living and lifestyle at its best ( depends on you ). Hindi lang disyerto ang meron kami.

Working Condition is good...cant say its the best, but its fine. A busy workplace just like all others. 900hours a year limit compared to our 1000hrs a year limitation in the Phil.

Summer is really Hot(32-35deg at night/ 40-50deg at day), but what the worries with a fully centralized villa or apartment, you'll never gonna noticed its already winter time. And what the heck, you'll be in Europe, USA or Australia enjoying a cup of coffee and the weather. (Coffee not that bad in Africa, india or Asia too)

It does Rain during Dec to Feb.(3 to 5 days in a row)

Dubai is a place free to practice ones religion and beliefs, you can even go out with a Woman whose not your wife( this are just sidedishes, which I dont recommend ).Hmmmmm:E

Multi cultural school environment exposure for the Kids is Best, just remind them of our own cultures sometimes.

The Best of them All, Living with the wife and kids.(if this is how you like it)

Im only giving options to those who are really keen of going, bec. others end up going somewhere they later felt was a big mistake. Wag niyo ng sirain ang pangalan ninyo if you only want to try and see it, passing it doesnt mean you're Sharp anyway. If your ON, then Emirates needs you.

www.emiratesgroupcareers.com (http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com)

check it out:ok:

bluecrush198
25th May 2007, 14:35
kurimaw,

yup they give us good opportunities and its just there for us to grab. but don't rely on my suggestions too much coz i may be wrong in some occasions. try to get more opinions from real professionals to get better info.

Cessna1052,

wow that really sounds good sir! i hope its still available when we wannabes become FOs or Capts hehe! typical lifestyle of pilots... (ka-inget):{

Smiling_Goat
25th May 2007, 16:50
Hey kurimaw,
Does Cebu Pac automatically shoulder half the cost once you pass CIA assesment test or do you have to undergo another assesment from Cebu Pac to determine if you deserve their sponsorship? And what's the latest news from CIA? When's the next batch of trainees starting?

pfd99
26th May 2007, 09:34
Once you have passed the Clark Aviation assessment you are recommended to Cebu and they conduct an HR interview. If you pass this and Medical and NBI clearance you will be offered a 50% sponsorship.

Currently about 50 students at Clark Aviation on MPL course with about 18 starting on June 04th. Courses start every month. Check the website.

pfd99

kurimaw
27th May 2007, 09:29
yup..........pdf99 is right.....

qualify the requirements...you have the 50%scholarship

zenflyer
28th May 2007, 08:35
just curious but whats a "dodo answer". ive come across the term dodo a few times here in the forums and im not sure what they pertain to? also whats a CRM? pardon my ignorance. :confused: thanks. =)

kurimaw
28th May 2007, 11:15
cessna1052....?

can i ask some questions...?

the offer is so impressive...........

can i ask if the emirates accepts a fresh starter in A/C maintenance??? (new graduates)as a trainee??? or little bit of experience in A/C maintenance???

because next year (2008)
i'm gonna finish my 2yr A/C maintenance course...........
having my OJT this oct.....

give some info and advice for this...

thanks and happy flying....

bluecrush198
28th May 2007, 14:20
zenflyer,

i have no idea about the "dodo" thing... but i think CRM is Crew/Cockpit Resource Management, i had a chance to study it back in college and i remember it is training about crew relationships and focuses on eliminating the failure of communications in the cockpit.

unruly
28th May 2007, 15:10
A dodo is a flightless bird, and that's what you are once you start your training. As flightless birds go, they are easy prey to winged predators that commonly inhabit cockpits and flight lounges. These winged predators will extract from you all kinds of information which for the life of you can be answered by six simple statements namely:"Sir Yes Sir!", "Sir No Sir!", Sir Can't Afford Sir!", "Sir Try to Find Out Sir!","Sir No Reason Sir!" and "Sir No Relation Sir!". Other variations to these six answers may be allowed as long as it starts with a Sir and ends with a Sir. In other words, everything that goes against CRM ( Crew Resource Management) is the so-called "Dodo" way. PAL used to be like that, especially before that infamous pilot action way back 1998. The equally famous "your time will come" line is also an attribute of the "dodo" mindset. And like the real dodo, which once inhabited the island of Mauritius and is now extinct, this mindset should also go the way of the dodo.

As college graduates, we believe that we are already adults and should deserve to be treated as such. We have been taught that we have to be assertive, to be inquisitive and to be fully responsible for all our actions and dealings in life. That, in a nutshell, is the general philosophy of CRM. It is in making full use of all available resource in the immediate environment (you, your crew, your aircraft systems, ATC, etc.) in arriving at a decision that has been well thought of and executed. It is the atmosphere of the workplace that enhances such a decision making process. And in order to be a productive member of that process, one should also be well-trained, disciplined and mentally balanced. Pride and an over-inflated ego has no place in this kind of work environment.

But as I posted before, old habits die hard. PAL management has been working hard to rid itself of these stereotypes and it is up to the new guys to help them see it through. I am hoping, bluecrush, that you don't get to meet these types when you get into the flight line. But, forewarned is forearmed. := Good luck on your new career and may you have blue skies and fair winds always!:ok:

bluecrush198
29th May 2007, 02:49
Thanks for the eye opener sir! I may have met a winged predator back when i had my panel impact interview and boy he was really intimidating hehe!:\ I hope we have more pilots like you sir. thanks!:)

kurimaw
29th May 2007, 03:33
bluecrush198.............

i got the fresh info that i get from the PAL.......

again....they accept a OJT applicants..............

and hiring a new PILOTS and FLIGHT ATTENDANTS..........

Snapalapages
29th May 2007, 15:40
Hi Guys,
Just registered today, and would like to join you if you don't mind. My brother and myself would like to change our career-to be a pilot, but my older brother is already 37 years old and he is dead serious to take up the course MPL in Clark Aviation in Pampanga do you think it's worthwhile to invest considering that his age? and bec. of his age and neophyte do you think Airline company will consider his age to fly their plane?..

You reply will greatly appreciated..:)

kurimaw
30th May 2007, 01:13
snapalapages....

In PALav accepts only up to 30yrs of age.....

but in CIA--as long as you met the requirements...

it's ok......

age doesnt matter.........

an2ni
30th May 2007, 06:18
@Toulost

are you sure that ATO doesn't recognize MPL? how can CIA operate here if there course is not recognize. just my two cents.

pfd99
30th May 2007, 06:41
Please be sure of your information gentlemen the MPL is accredited by the ATO. Thank you an2ni a good two cents. I agree age is a factor but this course helps people get on with their dream and as we know the shortage of pilots is huge so if you are 40 you still have 20 years service and probably more in the future (up to 65).

pfd99

an2ni
30th May 2007, 07:25
does anyone here currently enrolled in CIA?

bluecrush198
30th May 2007, 09:14
sir Toulost is right, his age might be a problem if he is planning to apply AB-Initio now. but if he has flight hours in his bag, well that might be a different story. if your going to apply for the CIA MPL, i bet those guys have already set an age limit for their training, you know how the business goes...
but there are other ways to go if you are really determined to fly.

I have read in newspapers that MPL is recognized by ICAO and ATO but im not sure about the outcome of their training...

calmpilot
30th May 2007, 10:29
I hope you are doing well.I was in the Philippines about 15 months ago.I have got my CPL/IR .Recently i noticed that there is an Air-Taxi in my country hiring local pilots who are having at least 450 hours of Total flying Time.However i just have got 270 hours.That is why i want to go to the Philippines and build up another 150 hours y C172.
I have heard that there is some flying schools or flying clubs in the Philippines that can help me out.It's going like this for example you will pay for 10 hours of flying time by C172 and they will endorse on your Logbook about 100 hours of flying time.(It's just because i have a very short time and don't have enough money to pay for real flying.
If you know the address of these kind of flying schools just kindely send it to me please and if you have some good advices just don't hesitate to tell me.
Regards:)

kurimaw
30th May 2007, 13:01
yeah...i agree with that sir toulost.....

in CIA....no age limit is required....according to the application form.
and also the license has not yet recognized by the ATO and the FAA..

as a adult....of course everyday we getting older.
as a result...our body starts to detriorate slowly......

im sorry if i give some wrong info.....
that true sir.....

i'm quite young.....

because i havent know all the info like the professionals.....
and i need to study more to have a successful profession....

for me....i try my best to got the best info and advices...
to start my carrer right and accurately to have a good "AIRWORTHINESS"

thanks and happy flying...

an2ni
30th May 2007, 14:17
@kurimaw

in CIA....no age limit is required....according to the application form.
and also the license has not yet recognized by the ATO and the FAA..

a friend of mine who works in the ATO, confirmed that MPL is recognized by the ATO. peace..

paolylo
30th May 2007, 15:06
i got in CIA just recently. the age limit is 40 and the only requirement is a 4-year degree... one can provide a copy of their diploma & transcript to justify their education. and yes... the MPL is recognized by our ATO (from what my dad's friend at Cebu Pac tells him). we'd like to see a source stating the MPL is recognized by the ICAO.

an2ni
30th May 2007, 15:08
@paolylo

are you currently enrolled in cia?

expatula
30th May 2007, 16:41
Be careful with this "padding" stuff, guys. :=

Alpha 6
30th May 2007, 18:51
I have heard that there is some flying schools or flying clubs in the Philippines that can help me out.It's going like this for example you will pay for 10 hours of flying time by C172 and they will endorse on your Logbook about 100 hours of flying time

hi calmpilot,

sad but true...I know some flying schools that pad hours and worst even give away PPLs to those who did'nt even solo the plane. They do this mainly to attract other students and to keep theirs as well. Because of this "padding" system, the PHIL. License is not that much recognized nor respected in other parts of the world. Foreign examiners complain about PPL holders that don't even know how to decode simple METARS or TAFs and for CPL/IRs to read an approach plate. Yes that is the easiest and cheapest way to bulid hours but lives are at stake here. 100 hours is a hundred hours and you would definitely learn something new and different while you're actually flying it. That's where you develop your decision making too, to go or not to go and for me that is the crucial part. I know you want that job in a charter company but think twice. One hour at a time and you will notice it's a thousand already...Just my two cents.

Fly safe:ok:

an2ni
30th May 2007, 23:21
But what I do know is that when they started, the regulations concerning MPL applicability here in the Philippines were not yet fully ironed out. Since we take our regulations from western aviation governing bodies, I guess its natural to have a rough start since even the FAA and JAA are still thinking about it because of missing framework.

found this on the net.

In December 2006 the JAA formally adopted the
proposals concerning training for the MPL, which
were included in amendment 7 to JAR-FCL1. Some
of these proposals are controversial, going beyond
the requirements set forth by ICAO and have created
much debate across the industry. The MPL is,
however, now firmly embedded within the
international flight crew licensing framework and
training has commenced for the issue of the first MPL.

ww1
31st May 2007, 01:17
"I have heard that there is some flying schools or flying clubs in the Philippines that can help me out.It's going like this for example you will pay for 10 hours of flying time by C172 and they will endorse on your Logbook about 100 hours of flying time."

Pathetic. Please tell me you're not seriously considering this. And if you are, better make sure none of the outfits you're wanting to work for don't find out. That's an instant bust, and good riddance, I say.

"It's just because i have a very short time and don't have enough money to pay for real flying."

In that case, we'll all be better off if you just stayed home and pretend-fly on the computer. You've barely started and you're already thinking of ways to shortcut your career? Do us all a favor, please, and quit before you kill a planeload.

pfd99
31st May 2007, 01:22
$75,000 USD will give you an MPL if you pass all the exams. It is one year residential course, 6 months ground school for all your navs and techs to JAA ATPL standard. Then 70 hours actual flying, followed by step by step progressive simulator from a level 2 type device upto level 4 or for ease Full Flight Sim, over 60 hours on FFS, this to gain your A320 rating and then 12 t/o and landings in the actual A320.

If sponsored by Cebu you then will fly right hand seat with MPL!!!If not sponsored the world is your oyster as you can go to where you want if the company and country accredit the MPL which many countries are starting to do.

No exams at the ATO all in house. Touloust, to answer your question with regard to approval immediately maybe i can help a little. For the MPL you need firstly a location, ground school course and equipment which are CBT and books,most schools are residential so rooms, canteens etc...
Next comes light training a/c and all the associated fees!! next 3 different types of simulator, std 2,3, 4 (4 being a FFS). Finally access tothe real a/c to fly circuits. Don't forget all the staff instructors, managers, cleaners, accountants. Ah thats the word accountant (money) as you can see start up costs are high and most set ups will stagger this to be cost effective umless you have a bottomless pit!!! Unlikely if you know the cost of aviation. Only telling you what i know and found on the web, i hope this helps.

Very cost effective course with a type rating, check the web guys it is not hard.

pfd99

kurimaw
31st May 2007, 02:27
ok... if it is accredited by the ATO....

what future will i have if i got this kind of license....
can i use the MPL instead of ATPL in other airline companies???

can cebupac pilots apply in PAL as a direct F/O or capt. with this kind of license???

and what is the best way to became a successful pilot???

in a traditional way (PPL,CPL,IR)

or the MPL??

thanks and happy flying

bluecrush198
31st May 2007, 04:47
calmpilot,

"padding" happens here in the philippines but i don't think its a good idea. i can't imagine a pilot who doctored his flying hours in an emergency situation! if you really love flying and you care for your passengers, i would suggest you earn those hours.

MPL sounds like a good deal, but it has not proven itself yet for me. i have no idea what airlines would hire MPL holders. looks like foreign investors took the quick way of getting accreditation from ATO and i think that's through their accountants hehe! (pampadulas)

an2ni
31st May 2007, 05:38
bluecrush198,

looks like foreign investors took the quick way of getting accreditation from ATO and i think that's through their accountants hehe! (pampadulas)
we all know that this is happening to our country. but disclosing it to a forum its not a good idea either. in fact we are not sure if they (alpha aviation) did or did not make (pampadulas). bottom line is, our country look bad don't make it look worst. sorry if i have to point this out.

we can't prove mpl at this time, mpl can prove itself by a year or two. how can a newly implemented program with less than a year of implementation prove itself.

@Toulost

I'm not a student of CIA nor connected with CIA. But I'm planning to enroll in CIA. I don't get you wrong, we all know you have a point. :cool:

kurimaw
31st May 2007, 09:22
AIRWORTHINESS is the most important in this kind of profession..
not only in the aircraft...but also the people who use and maintain the aircraft....

the forum i read a lot is about the argue of the advantages and disadvantages of MPL....

the most related example is a person has no idea how to drive a vehicle.....

a persons that starts to study and drive a sedan within 70hrs..
after 70hrs... he can now starts to drive a Provincial BUS carrying many passengers......:eek: too risky ha...:sad:!

MPL is not proven yet....! but there is a main reason why this kind of license implemented and invented.....
because of PILOT SHORTAGE....around the world
but there is a good benefit for that....

we know all that there is a major corruption of our country....
we cannot erase that forever...because politics is dirty...right??:{

the problem right now is how to resolve the problem in aviation....
the needs of pilot and maintenance(manpower)in our country...:hmm:
and we need to help each other how to resolve this kind of problem to avoid the delays of flight and maintain the heavy jets "airworthy"

because PAL and CEBUPAC has a re-fleeting program....:ok:

"And then it snowballs into one giant recipe for disaster...."

i get the meaning of this line.....

if pilot has a little experience in GenAv..... there is a big risk of fatal accident....if he/she brings a large aircraft...
because some pilot not only learns how to fly and land the aircraft...
but also the advance maneuvers of aircraft....

and it starts in a small aircraft....

crosswind landings, slideslip technique, touch and go, STOL,
any mistake of these maneuvers can lead to a fatal disaster....

the maneuvers like crosswind landing and slideslip technique is used in approach in the famous KAI TAK airport. in hong kong....but now it is already closed....

even the pinoy professional pilots know that place

as a young dreaming pilot.....
and never been experienced in flying (virgin):E

i rely most of the advice in this forum and helps me a lot to plan my carrer and achieve to it.....
thanks to the professionals here....it helps me a lot
and i learn a lot of things.......

to all person havent experience yet(virgin)in flying....
let's rely and listen to the advice of the professionals....

either fact or opinion/ truth or lie....

important is have a sufficent idea before entering this kind of risky professions......

and becoming a pilot is not a shortcut or easy way....
do it step by step.......hinay hinay lang.....

paolylo
31st May 2007, 10:59
@an2ni
yup, i'm starting on Monday. just incase you were wondering, i don't think Cebu Pacific isn't sponsoring me :( . my dad was telling me "san ka papadala pagkatapos? India? Vietnam?" :eek:

i'm not in any position to defend or critique the MPL, all i know is that we'll find out early next year when the first batch of CIA graduates take to the skies.

an2ni
31st May 2007, 14:09
@paolylo

when did you took the exam? yah we can here good and bad things about mpl, but for me i already did my research and already asked my cousin (pilot in pal). sent you pm.. good luck to you...

paolylo
31st May 2007, 14:48
sent you back a pm. thanks.

roxar
31st May 2007, 15:11
hi..
so MPL is not a way to recover the number of pilot..am i rite??..correct me if im wrong..
MPL is a shortcut way to be a right seat in a320...but not good enough like ppl taking the CPL using the long way PPL>CPL>ME>IR>ATPL...
their hv learnt many thing like kurimaw said..
So the long way hv alot of experience n not like MPL...
sO think the best n no regrets!
:ugh:

zenflyer
1st Jun 2007, 03:23
" i got the fresh info that i get from the PAL.......

again....they accept a OJT applicants..............

and hiring a new PILOTS and FLIGHT ATTENDANTS.......... "

Hi Kurimaw,
just want to ask, what kind of OJT jobs PAL has right now? Btw if Im not mistaken (from the previous posts) you're currently an aircraft mechanic right? Just want to ask where we can study to be an aircraft mechanic? BTW are you applying to PAL Av school too? what batch? Thanks!

kurimaw
1st Jun 2007, 06:44
zenflyer..........?

i don't know what are the OJT jobs can be accepted by pal.....
because i checked the website of PAL ..3days ago......

i think that PAL will recommend the maintenance students will have the OJT in Lufthansa hangar in Villamor..... because it is also owned by LT(macroasia)

about the pilots....there is a logtime of 500hrs in GenAv...and have a CPL,IR radio license...

Steward....it least have a 60 units in college and 18-24 yrs old...?
more info...visit the PAL website...

www.philippineairlines.com (http://www.philippineairlines.com)

actually....i'm a 2nd yr. student right now and finish my 2yr course this march as a A/C technician at PATTS.....and having my OJT in Oct..

not yet a mechanic....:=

but i'll try to call the PAL if they accept OJT applicants as a A/C maintenance..........

PALav accepts only degree holders....so i'm not qualified because i got only 72units after i finish my course....

unless if i proceed to degree...(another2yrs)

because in a A/C maintenance
when it comes into the license (A/P license) will be the same....
either 2yr or 4yr degree holder....

bluecrush198
1st Jun 2007, 13:07
an2ni,

dude, we are all adults here in this forum. and its a free world... try to read the forum rules alright?:ok:

kurimaw,

PAL accepts A/C mech OJTs but i don't think they will let you come close to an aircraft because all A/C maintenance of the PAL fleet from S-1s to D-Checks are being handled by LTP. I have a batch mate who worked for PAL as a trainee but all he did was line support vehicle maintenance. If you are a graduate of a 2yr ATC course, you need at least 2yrs work experience before you get your ATO A&P licence. ATO will allow you to take the A&P exams but they will not release your actual licence until you give them proof of your 2yr experience as a proby/junior mech. I am currently taking the A&P exams and had a chance to talk to a few ATC graduates and informed me about this.

Honestly, I don't think MPL is a good solution for the pilot shortage problem. but hey, we haven't seen the outcome of their training program. for me, students who are currently training for the MPL w/out sponsorship gambled their time and money, but if your 50% financed by an airline then why not hehe!

an2ni
1st Jun 2007, 14:41
yah we are all adult here, putting down your own country is like putting down yourself, anyway we have different view. sorry if i criticized your post.. sorry again..

back to the topic..

cheers..

bluecrush198
2nd Jun 2007, 16:49
wow patriotism!:D kinda hard to find here in the Philippines nowadays:}! hehe its all good! all are entitled to their opinions.

what's up fellow PAL av applicants? haven't heard from you in a long time... im just about to finish my final medical, hope 2 hear from you guys soon.:ok:

kurimaw
3rd Jun 2007, 11:40
yah...thats true bluecrush198.....

you can take the A/P license exam...but you must have a experience at least 2yrs.....

and your license will be freeze....and there is a age require to have this kind of license......

bluecrush198.......

can i ask if you have some friends or batch in BSAMT.....
have taken first the ATC course then proceed into BSAMT...?

and how many years will be left to finish the course...

and how do they manage to study the course while working???

bluecrush198
3rd Jun 2007, 14:58
thank you very much sir Toulost, i am afraid of this situation, i have heard rumors before of PAL av prioritizing the kids of currently employed pilots in PAL. i had a chance to meet them, some were really eager but most of them are forced by the opportunity. i hoped leaving blank the "Relatives in PAL" section of my application form would not affect my status but i think its not possible. tomorrow i will check on my status personally in PAL medical, because i am not yet cleared in my dental, i have to schedule for an extraction of my 3rd molar but our family surgeons out in vacation and I'm having a hard time finding another surgeon i can trust. I will definitely assert my self more from now on because the pressure is on hehe! thanks again sir!

kurimaw,

yup, i had 5 batch mates who took ATC then proceeded to AMT. they finished both courses in 4 1/2 years (including summer classes). one of them was working in chowking baclaran while taking up AMT coz his parents supported only his ATC course. we graduated at the same year and now he works in Cebu Pac as a Base Maintenance mechanic trainee while taking the A&P exams at ATO.

kurimaw
4th Jun 2007, 01:25
thank for that bluecrush198.........

right now....i'm thinking whether if i proceed in BSAMT or other courses after i finish my ATC...

and start to work and have a experience in A/C maintenance while studying.....

i remember that you gave me a advice that having a work and study at the same time is a very hectic schedule.......

i hope that i can do it....because our job is very hectic......:ok:

goodluck to your profession bro......

thanks and happy flying.......

bluecrush198
4th Jun 2007, 16:26
no prob bro! good luck on your decisions!:ok:

bluecrush198
6th Jun 2007, 16:19
paolylo,

well, i bet CIA folks will try their best to look for airlines that would absorb their graduates. seems like they have a lot of connections not only here in the Philippines but also in foreign countries. well, best of luck to you bro! keep us posted!:ok:

kurimaw
9th Jun 2007, 03:20
any latest right now????

hot_sauce0610
12th Jun 2007, 10:46
do u have any idea when the results will be announced?have u also processed ur loan with allied already? do we need to apply for spl in ato already?tnx!

dj852
12th Jun 2007, 13:39
hi folks!

ban991,

here it goes from what i know, in terms of uric acid it so easy to lower it by doing jogging,healthy diet particularly avoiding foods high in purine and lastly there is medicine that will surely help im sure they had prescribed that one to you. wid cholesterol here is the thing that is pal and ato is strict in levels. passing is 200, go below and youre good, go a little much high as 239 you can have a retake but do 240 it is the time you will be considered unfit for flying.

lastly talk with sir reggie regarding your situation.

keep hopes up high!

all the best to us!:ok:

bluecrush198
12th Jun 2007, 16:17
yup, jogging helps a lot. i have been cleared in my blood tests although I'm still 15lbs. overweight. my dental clearance is all that remains coz i have to get my 3rd molar extracted. try to eat quaker oats every morning bro... it can do magic hehe!:ok:

dj852
13th Jun 2007, 11:51
ban991,

yeah i heard it from somewhere to bout the new ato memo mas mababa daw ang limit and one take lang if you fail thats it. anyway your dilemma right now will be the thing you will not be released or approved by the med directors and doc gil. try to ask sir reggie how will it be for you just in case you cannot make it at 07A, what i mean what are your chances in getting to 07B like do you have to repeat all over or you can make use of the exams you had taken.

keep it high bro kaya mo yan!:ok:

zenflyer
19th Jun 2007, 09:04
Hi Guys,

Thanks for shedding some light on what the medical requirements are to pass the final medical exams. I was wondering if anyone can help by sharing info. or where we can find what exactly we need in order to be deemed medically fit? (eg. cholesterol level, blood sugar, EEG, ECG, etc.) or what are the more frequent medical problems that need to be addressed by most applicants? Thanks so much! Good luck to all 07Alpha candidates! Godbless! =)

bluecrush198
19th Jun 2007, 12:24
read the older posts here in this tread, its all here. everyone has an issue or two... but i think the most common problem applicants have is with the blood CBC test. PAL is very strict when it comes to your cholesterol, uric & blood count. don't forget your dental (your wisdom tooth), it may be a minor problem but its a medical issue that needs to be taken care of.:ok:

dj852
19th Jun 2007, 13:18
bluecrush got It right!

f*ck that hemoglobin RBC level had to work on it for 3 weeks just to keep it down. good thing i had passed it.:ok:

bluecrush released ka na from med?

kurimaw
20th Jun 2007, 12:36
bluecrush198....

need some help and advice here.....

my prof.. allows me already to have my OJT this sem...

but the problem is.....

i didnt have any contact in any airline companies....(BACKER)

and also... i cant decide where can i pass my OJT requirements and what company should i have to ask and apply.......and surely accepted...
without a "BACKER" ("sariling diskarte")

i have my PNP clearance, NBI clearance, Brgy clearance, and OJT form...
and anytime i can submit it to Mrs. Villanos......
and to approve to my Chairperson of the ATC...

bro.....

if i sumbit the school recommedation letter to a certain airline company....
what will they needed? original or xerox?

im afraid that a recommedation letter will given "once"

and what airline or a/c maintenance company should i apply and have my training without a "BACKER"

"maganda talaga kung may backer ka..pero parang nakakahiya naman at tatanaw ka pa ng utang na loob...mas mainam pa rin kung sariling diskarte ang gagamitin mo"

thanks and happy flying..............

bluecrush198
20th Jun 2007, 13:35
dj852,

nope, dental nlng bro. i have 2 3rd molars in my lower set kasi eh. i can't have it extracted at once kasi the dentist said i might die from the pain hahaha!:} what about u bro have u been cleared?

kurimaw,

if you have friends, classmates or anyone who are employed or have access to the HR dept. of lufthansa, ask them to submit your resume personally. ganyan din ako noon kaso makapal lang muka ko hehe! or try to walk in sa Gen Av. Delta Air has open doors for trainees. its up to you if you want to pass the original or xerox of your recommendation, it won't matter nmn kasi you can't use it in other companies coz its addressed to a certain HR dept. manager of the airline you are already in. this means that you should file for your waiver & recommendation when you are already having your ojt so you won't waste time and money for that silly waiver. don't worry, you can ask for another recommendation (for a price of 100php) any time you would need it. wag ka mahiya bro, walang nararating ang mga mahiyain sa panahon ngayon... bumawi ka nalang sa mga tutulong sayo in the future.:ok:

kurimaw
21st Jun 2007, 10:10
bluecrush198.........

thanks for that advice.....

many of my classmates have a contact in lufteck and PAL....
the problem is....the first priority is the person who has a contact in a certain company....

so it is not guarantee that you may have a chance to enter to that company......you can be help but not sure if you're gonna make it or not.

I hope that i can do it in time to resolve to this kind of silly situation...

"hirap talaga pag wala kang koneksyon..pero siguro may makikilala din ako para maayos ko na rin itong problema ko"

thanks and happy flying

anansi_boy
21st Jun 2007, 15:39
hey guys! I've been out of the loop lately but just heard that the ranking will be done from June 25 to June 29. I also heard that training will most likely start on August 6. PAL Av school will be giving the trainees included in the Alpha batch a month to resign from their work, if they are currently employed.

zenflyer
21st Jun 2007, 23:01
Sir Toloust,

Thanks for the info! Very much appreciated.

Bluecrush,

Thanks for the info too! Are your wisdom tooth on both sides of your jaw or just on one side lang? If you're in a hurry to get them both out at once I think its possible naman because I just had both of mine pulled out at the same time last wednesday, although they were on the upper set and on one on each side (left and right) There wasnt much pain since they put gel anesthetia first then injected some more and it was all over in around 15 minutes. Best to get a good dentist though since the operation is a bit complicated and brutal (blood and teeth cracking) I had mine done by Dr. Macasiray who has great reputation in dealing with extractions. His number is 7533532, clinic is in Cityland Herrera Makati. I think an appointment will take a month since the waiting list is long but well worth it for a relatively painless and quick operation. Goodluck guys!

Smiling_Goat
22nd Jun 2007, 05:31
Any news on when they'll start processing for the second batch of av school trainees? Or will they even consider having a second batch this year seeing as the Alpha batch is starting so late?

How long does it take to have your wisdom tooth removed (including recovery time and all)?

dj852
22nd Jun 2007, 10:52
2007 alpha wanabees! good luck to us!:ok:

dj852
22nd Jun 2007, 12:01
toulost

what or where are your sources from? coz from what i know just this last wednesday or thursday morning nichols had forwarded around 25-30 released pilot trainee applicants. and from that group they will select or rank the AOs of 07A, and pal will released the roster or list between june 25-29 mon-thurs.
this infos i gathered were opposing to your HEADS UP previous post that there were already 10 trainees ranked which is weeks before pal medical had forwarded the released med papers of applicants.

just an inquiry..

dj852
23rd Jun 2007, 03:34
toulost,

i might had written something that offended you in a way in my last thread, i didnt mean to challenge your information that your giving us wanabees. for the fact that almost everyone here looks at you as an AO coz of the knowledge you know or have. anyways once again mine is just an inquiry and not to challenge anything. we know the fact it pays or counts a lot if my backer ka, as for me na ordinary applicant dont have the captain dad, or influential people that can help me. id like to believe that it would be fair grounds out there pero from you hinde pala. i just hope the system change.

dj852
23rd Jun 2007, 04:57
toulost

from here i rest my case. my apology if i insulted you in any manner. btw i my self appreciate the things that you had shared and will share to us soon.

-dj

bluecrush198
24th Jun 2007, 14:01
yep, its true. the "palakasan" system is there. it even reached LTP! you can't get in if your not related/friends with someone whose "mabigat" inside... the whole industry knows it. I don't think its going to change soon, but i really hope it will. there are a lot of worthy people out there being turned down by PAL, and this may be the reason why they have an employee loyalty problem.
I just haven't figured out why I'm still dreaming of a career in PAL... I'll let you guys know when i find out...:confused:

got the news from Narmon that they will be doing the ranking this week. I told him I'll apply 4 the next batch because i won't get cleared in time... good luck to you guys!:ok:

dj852
24th Jun 2007, 15:11
bluecrush,

bro wats up? i guess you wernt able to clear with dental right? too bad to hear that. applying for this batch has took a long way from were we had started so as this thread too.:ok: maybe you could finish your tooth extractions just in time this week ryt?try it you might be able to join the ranking.

goodluck to you bro.

bluecrush198
25th Jun 2007, 03:34
sana nga, but my sched 4 the tooth extraction is next week pa and it will take 2weeks to heal daw kasi i have 2 3rd molars in my lower. well, my efforts won't be in vain naman because Narmon told me my results will be valid up to next year. all i can do now is hope for the best for you guys, don't worry about me... hook or by crook I'll be in PAL av!:ok:

all the way bros!:ok:

dj852
25th Jun 2007, 04:58
blue crush

thats the spirit bro. dont give up!:ok:

kurimaw
25th Jun 2007, 07:01
bluecrush198.....

whats the latest with you right now????

right now...i'm having some difficulties right now to find some "BACKERS"
at lufteck.....

i've already talk to my advicer and he said that the only need to start my OJT is a recommended person that will help me during my training......

bro.....

i dont know if i have to take the assessments test in CIA in clark after my ATC course...because of its bloody payment scheme.... one of the prof advice me to try to take the exams......
but im still confused wheter i take it or leave it....?
because not only in payment scheme, but also a politics happening to the old professors...!:*

should i take it...or leave it?? and find some other options to achieve my dream as a pilot....like you

if this became a reality.....of course we will give a name again not only to ourselfs...but also the name of the school and to the course...

but i just give some info to you what's happening right now to our school..!

the advicer of your course. Sir fl? has been offered a good opportunity in a one airline company in subic as a senior A/C mechanic and he will get a salary of 50,000+ a month....

suddenly....a one prof did not give any technical subject because of my Advicer......PE head dept..Mr Ad? instead... my Advicer gives the technical subjects to a new fresh graduate students came in our school...of course...and he's got frustrated to this...

when Mr. FL? got the offer.....he resigns and leave your fellows without the advicer...

when it happens....it offers it to Mr. Ad? but he refuses it...because he said that he was played by the bigboss and some fellow profs to have a some "pogi points" to the bigboss....

and it is given to My Advicer...Mr T!

Mr. Ad advices us that we must help each other prove that our course will be respected and not discriminated....and learn to yourself
what will happend to us if will this events still continue and
and gets even worst!

you know and i know that the lessons that been taught us
is "far from behind for today" too far from technology today..!

what happend to our courses if the lessons is too old and the profs are too young and unexperienced specially in technical subjects....

i dont want to destroy the good reputation or disrespect our school....

my concern is....about the happening right now to our campus....
i hope that it will resolve as soon as possible....

Smiling_Goat
25th Jun 2007, 15:05
bluecrush,
Did you ask Sir Narmon when they'll start processing for the next batch of applicants? I've been itching to quit my :mad: job so i can concentrate on preparing for my application (like wisdom teeth extraction, PT, etc.) but i need to be sure on the timeline so i don't end up running out of money before the processing even starts...

anansi_boy
25th Jun 2007, 20:43
I heard that with the addition of 5 trainer aircrafts, PAL AV is aiming to double the number of its graduates per year. This would be good news if effectively implemented. I hope this means faster processing of applications in the future. Goodluck to all!:ok:

planestupid
29th Jun 2007, 12:00
To FUTURE DODOs,

I love reading all your posts, however I would be very careful what you write on this forum. There are curious avschool people reading everything you post, and if by the grace of GOD you make it into the next batch... know that you will probably be screwed over hard!!! After paying LT your 2.5 mill for the privilege of making him richer, you will start off as a DODO Second Officer. Demoralization, squatting and complete humiliation will be your lot in life for the next 5 years. Actually flying ability isn't really that important and if you learn to say, sir yes sir... u will get on just fine:ok:. As Koyang says... attitude is everything in aviation!! Which presumably means that flying skill isn't everything.
Just remember that when you are infront of the panel answering for your tailstrike..!! :EHA HA

PS

bluecrush198
30th Jun 2007, 11:35
yep its out, just got the mail from Narmon that i didn't make it this year. but he said I should try again next year. I think there won't be a bravo batch this year... because the alpha batch is already late hehe. but who knows... good luck to you guys who made it! keep us posted. looking forward to calling you sirs in the future. hehe:ok:

bluecrush198
2nd Jul 2007, 07:16
wats the news dj852 & anansi_boy? did u guys get an email from Narmon?

mach.86
6th Jul 2007, 01:27
hmm... wonder whom you're referring to...
good luck pilot trainees! do your money's worth!

bluecrush198
6th Jul 2007, 12:21
wats up guys? wats the status on your applications?

14DTin
17th Jul 2007, 09:44
Oh.. I also passed my application last March and still got no update not until i just read this thread. So, i guess i have to wait for a longer time to be called by PAL av for interview. I don't want to shell out 1.7M with Cebu Pacific cadet program. It's too large and i dont have that enough money.

Any

hedghog15
17th Jul 2007, 17:11
Can someone please tell me the PAL Aviation School website, or where I can get information about the school? I can't seem to find to it.

thx

hedghog15
17th Jul 2007, 22:18
@reallyawannabepilot thx found it :)

Guys let me know what you think about the other aviation schools in the Philippines... Like the "Philippines Pilot Training Center" in Dumaguete, and the "WCCMasters" in Quezon.

Is PAL Av the better of the schools???

vinciboy
18th Jul 2007, 06:27
If your budget can afford PalAv, I suggest just try and go to PalAv:)

hedghog15
18th Jul 2007, 15:01
I've been reading in this forum that PAL av training has already started... Anyone know when the next batch will be starting? Should I apply now? Is there a waiting line for applicants?

THx for your reply

Smiling_Goat
28th Jul 2007, 05:14
What's the latest? Any news on the next batch of applicants?

Smiling_Goat
16th Aug 2007, 02:34
Sorry to bring this up again but there hasn't been any news in this thread for a while. What's the latest? Did 2007 Alpha push through last Aug. 6? What about 2007 Bravo? Anyone applying for the next batch have any news?

incubus22384
24th Aug 2007, 01:11
hi all. it goes without saying that i'm new to this forum. i'd like to kick it off with a couple of important questions.

1. i've read all the previous posts and all, but could you guys give me a flow chart of the application process? reading dozens of posts kinda confused me a little. hehe.

2. i wear eyeglasses. would that be a problem? i've done a little research on the matter, and found out that other countries allow pilots with eyeglasses to fly.

3. what are the top 3 flight schools in the philippines?

4. oh and by the way, is omni aviation a good flight school? i'm assuming that it is, but what do i know? :ugh:

your replies would be greatly appreciated. thank you very much!

FLAPLESS2x
24th Aug 2007, 01:58
try the web:
http://omniaviationcorp.com

or give them a visit to see for yourself.

cheers.

vinciboy
24th Aug 2007, 11:47
4. oh and by the way, is omni aviation a good flight school? i'm assuming that it is, but what do i know?

Omni Aviation is a good flight school. I am currently enrolled there :) feel free to visit our web site or if you have the time, feel free to drop by :)

incubus22384
25th Aug 2007, 03:37
@ vinciboy
thanks for the reply vinciboy. could you give me your ym id? i have a lot of questions regarding omni. visiting your school would prove to be difficult as i'm from laguna, so i guess asking you what your experiences are so far would be enough for now. thank you very much!

vinciboy
28th Aug 2007, 14:02
incubus22384, please check your PM sir for my YM :) feel free to check my blog as well for stories of my flying experiences with Omni :)

Try Hard 4.0
31st Aug 2007, 16:11
just wondering if the training is worth the millions I would pay....

will it be worth it????

after the PAL training, does PAL actually hire its graduates to handle their
planes??? or is it just another way of making LT rich??

dl97
4th Sep 2007, 03:27
I found this article by chance. It was published by ABS-CBN News so I guess posting an article meant for public consumption won't be an issue for PAL Avschool people prowling in the forum :O. To me, the implications of the article is good for aspiring pilots who just want to fly as a career in our beloved country...So good luck to us all...hehe...Few pilots and high demand for their service equals great opportunity for pilot wannabees - enough said. Sana matanggap ako hehe. :ok:

Govt pressed to stop pilot piracy

By JOHN ANTHONY A. CONCEPCION, abs-cbnNEWS.com
Philippine Airlines (PAL) on Saturday stepped up its call on the government to stop the exodus of well-trained Filipino pilots.
During the weekly Kapihan sa Sulo Hotel news forum, PAL vice-president for flight operations Johnny Andrews said for the last three years, the company lost 74 well trained senior pilots to foreign airlines. He said the figure is about 20 percent of its pilot roster. Andrews said for the first quarter of 2006, a total of 15 senior pilots were hired by foreign airline companies, which PAL described as "deep-pocketed foreign carriers seeking to save cost, time and effort and bypass the long training of pilots."

PAL runs an aviation school, he said, and the airline company spends anywhere from P1 million to P1.8 million per pilot for training alone.
He said once a pilot undergoes training at PAL Aviation School, he is bound by a contract to work for PAL for five years. Andrews said some honor the contract and then leave while some just "disappear."

He said some foreign airline companies pirating PAL's trained pilots are from Singapore, Qatar, Vietnam, India and countries in the Middle East. "There is a very thin buffer now. We are not yet at the critical level but will soon be if the poaching continues. If 20 of our pilots leave at the same time for overseas jobs, then PAL will be in a very difficult situation," Andrews said.

PAL's vice-president for human resources Ceasar Lamberte, also present during the forum, said foreign airliners offer their pilots a minimum of $10,000 (about P510,000) monthly pay. Lamberte said PAL pilots earn anywhere from $4,000 (about P200,000) to $7,000 (about P350,000) gross.

Although PAL officials are not sure how the government can stop the exodus of pilots, Lamberte said authorities could help by going after pilots who violated the contract.

He said PAL is playing a vital role as the nation's largest carrier of passengers and cargoes and if the airline would be hit by pilot lack, the air transport industry and the economy in general would suffer.

kurimaw
4th Sep 2007, 12:37
can i ask some questions.....???

i know it is far from the topic but i'm serious to this questions...

If the PALav teach their cadets about the airbus/boeing flight systems??? or they only concentrate in Gen Av.??

and how the VNAV used during approach...?
what is the messages appear in FMC means,
(Required Drag, Check TGT Altitude, PROG.2 Fuel Disagree)
what is the the difference bet. TA & TA/RA in TCAS system??

hoping that one day that i can fly ther 777-300ER......

stephenlink
5th Sep 2007, 02:41
kurimaw good day...

according to a source Avschool CPL phase includes now jet intro, with glass cockpit introduction..and they only teach airbus and boeing system upon finishing your CPL course it is during roster selection for equipment training where you can get system training for either boeing or airbus, its impossible to teach cadets boeing and airbus training during cadetship training because they dont know where they will be assigned upon completion of training...:)..and now they are using the latest navigation equipment on their brand new cessna...glass cockpit very near to the display of B777

dl97
5th Sep 2007, 04:06
Is Omni Av School related to PAL somehow? Thanks.

kurimaw
5th Sep 2007, 06:57
thanks for the info....

bansai and stephenlink....

i rather to learn in my own p.c(virtually) :E

than to spend 1,750,000 in CIA and no guarantee if you have a work after you finish the training:ugh:and risk the life of others...

i'm studying right now about the flight system of 747-400..in my flightsim..

i've downloaded the flightcrew training manual of 744 in the web...
and i use as a guide to fly the 747-400(virtually)
without the risk the 400+ passengers and crew:E

but.....

i'm so confused why there are so many pages.?
it will reach 1200 pages....and what are the most important to those pages...?

can give me some advice for this???

although it is so funny to play and fly the aircraft in p.c
but i've learn a little bit already about the flight system of 744....
and relates me how the system works in the powerplant...
from the use of APU to engine starting....

and used that as my info for my future reference...
as a A/C maintenance and Pilot...:eek:

can i ask if the OMNI is also a good Avschool??

thanks and happy flying..

chitchas
7th Sep 2007, 05:15
Omni and PalAvSchool are two different companies. Its just that, PAL is renting Omni's barracks, ramps and the runway.

kurimaw
8th Sep 2007, 23:41
PAL and CEBUPAC uses Airbus...specially in domestic flights

far from topic again but i'm really curious about this question.....

last july....a A320 overshot and crashed in brazil, killing 170+people

the reason was....during touchdown on a wet slippery runway....
one engine is in G/A position while the the other engine is in REV position.

and also similar happend in bacolod in 1998..
same unit of aircraft...but in a dry runway....

is there any computer bug issue in Airbus system?
or just a human factor....?

why does kind of situation happend.....??

my idea...the A/THR uses during Take off, Go Around, Climb, And Cruising..
and there is a switch beside the throttle where TO/GA can be activated

can Manual Throttle used during approach and touchdown???

and what is HYDROPLANNING???

bluefeatherfly
16th Sep 2007, 07:05
I read that PAL is very strict when it comes to medical examination. I would just like to ask if you will be automatically disqualified if you have moderate scoliosis for Cadet Pilot Training?

Thank you very much and looking forward to your response.