PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Psr777
31st Mar 2010, 21:21
Flights were originally to be operated by SSV, but changed to an alternative carrier about 4-6 weeks ago.

All Canadian routes from GLA planned to be operated by TCX aircraft. 2 additional 757 for LGW though to take fleet up to 44 for summer.

SCANDIC
1st Apr 2010, 17:08
Will all of the Thomas Cook and Thomson aircraft be coming back to manchester and London when all the Skyservice flights are completed.:{

sam1993
1st Apr 2010, 18:00
I think the aircraft have already been returned to TCX:
Thomas Cook Airlines (http://jethros.eu/fleets/fleet_listings/thomas_cook_airlines_uk.htm)

goldeneye
5th Apr 2010, 21:59
Thomas Cook Canada have awarded a contract to Canadian Airline Jazz Air, They will operate flights to regular sun spots previously flown by Skyservice on behalf of Thomas Cook's Canadian Tour operators.

They are to lease upto 11 Boeing 757's from TCX and due to operate as Thomas Cook Airlines.

Source: Thomas Cook Canada (http://www.thomascook.ca/content.asp?page=123770)

GROUNDHOG
5th Apr 2010, 22:19
Excellent deal for the Thomas Cook group, check out TTG and you will see that their shares are highly regarded by City Investors as a great investment.

david1994
15th Apr 2010, 19:43
BFS is A321-200 based this summer.

david1994
23rd Apr 2010, 22:27
Will the a330 that operates LGW-MIR on wednesdays go to BFS aswell?

LGW-MIR-BFS-MIR-LGW

No TCX837K and TCX837L will go direct.

sam1993
24th Apr 2010, 09:31
ShannonIE2010 and david1994,

The A330 that operates the Gatwick - Monastir flight IS on a W-leg to Belfast and will operate as ShannonIE2010has correctly stated! :ok:

sam1993
24th Apr 2010, 15:11
ShannonIE2010,

The 757 and 767 operate the following flights to Dalaman during July:
TCX163K/L (Sunday) 763
TCX459K/L (Monday) 763
TCX464K/L (Thursday) 752
TCX988K/L (Friday) 752

Hope this answers your question! :ok:
Sam

NEastMidlands
9th May 2010, 13:41
What do we think of the decision to remove IFE from TCX flights? (Short Haul ex. B767)

A sign of the time maybe, what are the costs involved, does anyone have any info?:ok:

goldeneye
9th May 2010, 18:50
What do we think of the decision to remove IFE from TCX flights? (Short Haul ex. B767)

A sign of the time maybe, what are the costs involved, does anyone have any info?

It is down to the cost, licensing of movies and tv shows etc, plus most passengers have there own mp3 or movie device's ie i-phones.

Ill be very surprised if the other charters don't follow TCX in the next year or so.

GROUNDHOG
9th May 2010, 19:45
For what its worth I have flown TCX to Canada six times in the last year, three different A330's and the IFE in the premium cabin was not working properly on any of them so throw those in the bin as well please! On short haul can't really see why you need it.

Mr @ Spotty M
9th May 2010, 19:50
I think my company MON has removed movies from its shorthaul flights as well.

Habana2118
10th May 2010, 21:49
So is TCX removing all IFE on all short haul flights or just movies?

Torque2
11th May 2010, 09:44
To the best of my knowledge its all IFE on narrow body aircraft.

pwalhx
11th May 2010, 09:52
Do you really need IFE on a short haul flight?

Browners
11th May 2010, 10:27
Does anyone know what type of aircraft TCX use from BHX to Antalya?

cabot
11th May 2010, 19:26
05:15 TCX035L PUERTO PLATA CANCELLED - I noticed this on the BAA website as been cancelled.What exactly happens to the passengers in this instance.Does TCX have to swallow the extra expense of accomodation for over 300 passengers on their A332 for a few extra days or do they stick them on to LGW,MAN or other UK bound aircraft ?

RoyHudd
11th May 2010, 20:17
As a result of a creative staff suggestion scheme, TCX have placed squads of Daleks at all main destinations. These bad-tempered aliens simply exterminate surplus holidaymakers, thus eliminating aircraft seating/hotac issues for future return flights. Simples.:E

cabot
12th May 2010, 16:34
Anyone come up with any sensible answer ?

GROUNDHOG
12th May 2010, 18:06
Cabot - rather depends on why it was cancelled.

belfastmark
12th May 2010, 20:29
Just me or anyone else think removing the IFE was a mistake on shorthaul. Good for the children to keep them entertained. Personally I woudln't fly with them again if it can be avoided. The only thing made the god awful cramped experience semi tolerable was the fact you could watch a movie. Now i'll choose Aer Lingus or Easyjet any day when flying from BFS, at least u get a decent bit of room.

flyinthesky
12th May 2010, 20:41
Belfastmark, I don't wish to get into the pros/ cons of removing IFE but since Easyjet dont offer movies and have a seat pitch one inch WORSE than TCX (independent source; seatguru.com) I fail to see how you can argue that you would have more space with them.

What I can say is that EVERY single pax that travelled with us during the recent Volcanic ash debacle was fed, watered and accomodated, irrespective of their ticket( flight only or package). We had EVERY pax back in the UK within 3 days of airspace reopening.

Easyjet et al may have newer units but we know how to handle pax and situations such as recent events. The lo-cos have their benefits, I use them frequently but please don't try and portray us as some sort of second class operator. We take our pax service very seriously and try and provide the most secure holiday experience available.

BFS101
12th May 2010, 21:06
I have to agree. Many will say that you don't need IFE on short flights, but it gives that extra option. Sure you can read, listen to music, but kitting out a family with ipods for the yearly holiday flights is a bit excessive. After an hour of reading, or listening to music, at least there's that choice should you want it.

A movie generally passes the time pretty well, and on the flights I've been on, when entertainment is provided, the majority of people seem to partake. Guess the airlines have done their sums though, and reckon if they can strip out IFE and keep the same yields and volumes, who can blame them. Each to their own, but entertainment especially on longer flights is a priority.

Brother and sister-in-law both hate flying, but wanted to visit New York, so I recommended Virgin. After the trip both said they'd much rather do a 7 or 8 hour flight with VS, than a 4 hour flight to the Canaries or Spain with EI or EZY with no entertainment.

Tigger4Me
12th May 2010, 21:46
And to think... My first commercial flight was on a Viscount from Southend to Majorca. A three and a quarter hour flight and the refreshments were a packet of biscuits and a cup of instant coffee. How times change. :)

Torque2
13th May 2010, 09:13
Of course there will be an alternative supplied so that you're not bored!
A selection of hand held video/games electronicary will be available to be hired for the duration of the flight.

Or did you think such an opportunity would be missed? :rolleyes:

finding_nema
13th May 2010, 12:01
The decision to get rid of IFE from our short and mediumhaul narrowbody fleet was two-fold; firstly, the fact that we had a varied set of IFE equipment which was either needing regular maintenance or replacement causing delays, added costs and customer complaints, and secondly the cost of licensing for the entertainment itself, with more people owning their own headphones or bringing ones they'd bought 10 years earlier from Airtours or Flying Colours, the revenue just wasn't being made for IFE to pay its way. In three years of flying for TCX on the 757 (an aircraft we kit out to 235 pax) I've never sold headsets to even 10% of the customers onboard. Most people bring their own books, iPods and personal game players, and shortly for those who haven't, we will be providing rentable handheld units which will show an option of films and a variety of music.

belfastmark
13th May 2010, 12:52
Flyinthesky

Firstly, What exactly has the volcanic ash in anyway at all related to what I posted?

Second, it's a known fact the room is god awful on Thomascook planes. All you have to do is go on and look at reviews, they all say the same, it was the most hideous endurance test when I flew with Thomas Cook. FACT. How else can you explain how you magically fit an extra row of seats in? Cause all they care about in revenue and money and obviously this is the reason for the I.F.E

Torque2
13th May 2010, 13:48
If you ran a business in these difficult times would you continue supplying a lossmaking service that can only get worse or would you provide an alternative that certainly isn't loss making?

I'm sure the powers that be who make these decisions don't rule with their hearts but with their heads which also equates to pressures on the wallet.

It may also be because they can save money in advance of the fleet rollover, who knows what the future IFE may be (if any).

Fernanjet
14th May 2010, 09:31
Its like Thomas cook are going back to their origin.....Airworld....no ife!!

i wonder who will follow suit next when they see the money being saved.....

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
14th May 2010, 23:20
Have TCX had aircraft issues in Bodrum in the last few days?

2 Antonov 12 cargo aircraft have flown MAN-BJV in the last 24 hours with "Thomas Cook Cargo" on board.

Assuming it's a tech problem, rather than scheduled cargo or baggage.

flyboyTC
17th May 2010, 01:38
an A320 G-FTDF needed an engine change,

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
17th May 2010, 14:32
Cheers. Surprised that 2x An-12 were needed as I thought you could pretty much put an A320 engine plus all kit on the one machine.

I did see a TCX A330 today with a blank rudder and wondered if that was related... obviously not.

DannyKelly22
18th May 2010, 01:35
Seen a post over on Airliners.net regarding the TC BFS - REU yesterday about sending 200 pax to Dublin, being told there would be a plane in Dublin for them and when they got there nobody knew anything about it and the airport was closed.

What happened was TC planned to use an Aircraft from another base to fly to Dublin and bring the Pax to Reus. This was planned. The pax left BFS on 5 coaches for dublin at half 2 r so but by the time they got to dublin it had been announced that dublin was closing from 7pm. While yes they may have made their departure slots which was 18.50pm they wouldn't have been able to return to Dublin or Belfast so the decision was taken to delay the flight even further until today. Pax have all now arrived in Reus and the return journey is complete. The plane is away to Dalaman. They're asking for peoples jobs over on airliners.net over this. Totally out of TC control. They tried to correct a situation and they plans got cancelled. My mum was on the return flight 2nite and she couldn't fault the reps in REUS.

Fernanjet
18th May 2010, 09:24
They're asking for peoples jobs over on airliners.net over this

Who's jobs....??

God?? it is an act of god after all....

some people are pathetic they really are.....

EC-ILS
18th May 2010, 09:39
If you look at the thread on airliners they are hardly calling for someones job!

conti onepass
20th May 2010, 16:57
hi anyone know what aircraft is doing 275 from manchester to heraklion fri 21st 8.30pm.

sam1993
20th May 2010, 17:08
Conti onepass, it should be a Boeing 757-200. :ok:

conti onepass
20th May 2010, 17:30
cheers mate.

kazzie
21st May 2010, 17:09
TCX 757 had a Hard landing in Kos last night.. Estimating back into GLA 15 hours delayed...

Ouch...

GLA was an A/C down this morning... some Lucky PMI pax were lucky enough to get G-WJAN which has awesome legroom (187 config)

anthbower1234
13th Jun 2010, 16:28
any new addtions to TCX fleet soon?

CabinCrewe
13th Jun 2010, 18:03
Nice to see both 753's at GLA for a change, alebit for a short period.

NEastMidlands
14th Jun 2010, 20:25
JMCF is off now without TC Logos and is it TCAC A320 is joining until November.

spaul66
26th Jun 2010, 17:20
Hi guys anyone know why tcx have dropped te premium cabin next year on there long-haul routes..

CabinCrewe
26th Jun 2010, 17:58
can presumably make more money from an all economy layout in such a climate, in a similar fashion to withdrawal of IFE on shorthaul

Stampe
26th Jun 2010, 19:48
I think you,ll find most charter airlines are dropping premium next year due to the very high APD tax on premium seats being introduced.Not sure if the new government is dropping labours previously announced increases for next year I,d guess not.Will give TOM a major problem as the ex FCA 767s have lightweight floors incapable of taking high density layouts..more good reasons to send them to the scrapyard wingletted or not.

GROUNDHOG
27th Jun 2010, 06:49
I have used TCX premium to YVR several times recently and would not consider flying economy. If this is genuinely the case and Canadian Affair do not come up with another carrier that offers premium then its back to good old BA WTP for me and my family. Great shame if this is true since TCX premium did exactly what it says on the tin and I never saw it less than virtually full.

spaul66
27th Jun 2010, 08:54
Yeah i have used it for 6 years now in a run and although not brillant it was worth paying for thhe extra room .But was told yesterday when we went to look at holidays for next year that it was being dropped by at the charters

Mr A Tis
27th Jun 2010, 10:09
This is what we do best isnt't it? Something is good, works & popular.......so we change it :ugh:

GROUNDHOG
27th Jun 2010, 21:05
bring back Zoom!

Evileyes
29th Jun 2010, 17:43
Several recent posts moved here:

Thomas Cook LGW - YVR (http://www.pprune.org/passengers-slf-self-loading-freight/419641-thomas-cook-lgw-yvr.html)

Han Special
26th Jul 2010, 23:03
Stampe is correct.All the fault of APD.Change the goal posts and the numbers don't work.

clipstone1
28th Jul 2010, 19:50
TUI just announced at Farnorough, if the APD changes go through they will not include Premium cabins on the 788. I believe only 2 of the legacy FCA 763 can't take the greater cabin floor loading, and they'd be the 2 going in 2012 that don't have winglets.

NEastMidlands
28th Jul 2010, 19:53
LO and LA are going in 2012 yes but all of them except AN have floor weight issue and premium wont be removed from the B763 only wont be put into the B788, saves money removing it

HeathrowDictator
2nd Aug 2010, 10:56
Any idea why the TCX15K seems to be operating from MAN today rather than GLA? Is this a planned operation or are there other issues resulting in this? I have a slightly vested interest considering I am flying on it with Mrs Dictator in two weeks time.

-HD-

Jet22
3rd Aug 2010, 11:39
Has LBA programme changed over to a 757-200 for End of July, August, First week September? I ask this because i was checking flight stats for one of their flight's and it was listed as a 757-200.I checked several and they were all listed as a 757-200.

LBA
3rd Aug 2010, 14:22
Well it wasn't at the end of July, just the standard A320.

commit aviation
3rd Aug 2010, 18:15
I believe that Thomas Cook buy seats on some routes from Jet2.
Could be the route you were looking at was one of these??

Jet22
3rd Aug 2010, 21:29
I am aware of Thomas cook buying seat's of jet2, and infact blamed it on that at first. (when we booked a flight to RHO, TCX were offering 2 daily to RHO, one LS and one TCX). Anyway, so i looked at today's AYT flight.
(TCX651). This according to flight stat's is a 757-200. There is no LS flight to AYT so is this an error with flight stat's which i have checked and is not wrong. (with BA flight's etc).

LBA
3rd Aug 2010, 22:04
The TCX651K was operated by A320, GSUEW.....

GROUNDHOG
17th Aug 2010, 21:06
If TCX have dropped premium why are Canadian Affair still offering it on flights next June please?

goldeneye
18th Aug 2010, 19:19
GROUNDHOG

My understanding is that TCX are not removing the actual seats, they are no longer offering the premium cabin service apart for the Canadian flight for Canadian Affair. Thomas Cook Tour Operations have dropped it for Summer 2011, due to the APD and tax implications.

I'm guessing they are leaving the seats until the Government makes its mind up on what it wants to do with APD reform.

GROUNDHOG
19th Aug 2010, 09:09
Thanks Goldeneye.

spaul66
23rd Aug 2010, 18:55
May I ask, is it true that Thomas Cook are going to start to use numbers for flight codes, for example. Manchester - funcal WAS TCX680l/K now TCX680/7??? if so why.

NEastMidlands
23rd Aug 2010, 18:58
Yeh its true most will be 4 numbers like TCX2310 and correspond to the airports the a/c has departed from

sdac
25th Aug 2010, 11:32
The flight numbers stay the same. The ATC flight callsign can vary, and is randomly generated. For example, TCX 4YE. All longhaul and some others (Turkey and Egypt) keep their ticketed callsigns, presumably because they are tied to specific overflight clearances.

The reason is to reduce callsign confusion.

Flightrider
14th Sep 2010, 19:49
Does anyone know what is actually happening with the Canadian Affair flying for Summer 11? I keep hearing rumours from quite a few different places that TCX won't be operating any of the Canadian routes next year, but Canadian Affair is still selling tickets using TCX flight numbers for the programme which has historically been operated. Both can't be right!!

JonnyBfs
14th Sep 2010, 19:53
The flights I was reffering to are for S11. When booking it has both TS and TCX flights available. They have been confirmed. Although you can book seats for TS flights (choose your specific seat) but for TCX it says, Seats unavailable for flight etc...

GROUNDHOG
15th Sep 2010, 08:55
I sent an e mail to Canadian Affair asking whether they could confirm premium cabin was available with TCX next year and surprise surprise didn't get an answer.

MILEHIGHBOY
15th Sep 2010, 10:16
premium cabin dropped on all longhaul routes from S11. tcx have lost canadian affair contract.

conti onepass
15th Sep 2010, 11:00
ive just booked manchester to toronto with canadian affair on thomas cook in june 2011 so have they lost it or what?

JonnyBfs
15th Sep 2010, 16:33
Conti...As you said I'm also travelling that route on the 757 in June and am slightly worried about this??

GROUNDHOG
15th Sep 2010, 18:08
Just tried to book premium to YVR in July and it would have let me. I am guessing Canadian Affair will just take the bookings and sort it out afterwards. To be honest I think it is back to BA for me cosats a little more but at least you know what you are getting and the date and time of flights isn't going to change.

JonnyBfs
15th Sep 2010, 19:20
If you try to book their flights on flythomascook.com it displays operated for Thomas Cook. The timings match the Canadian Affair Transat flights, and that is who operate "for TCX"

Bagmanlgw
16th Sep 2010, 06:51
Canadian Affair for Summer 2011 plan to opperate more of the flights with their own in house airline Air Transat ( Up to 4/ 5 flights some days )

The remainder of the flights from Gatwick at least will be opperated by TCX

So there will be a TCX summer flying programme to Canada for Canadian Affair but some what reduced from this summer

Winter 2011 / 2012 is planned toi be all Air Transat i am led to believe

Bagmanlgw

GROUNDHOG
16th Sep 2010, 13:53
After a gentle push CA have confirmed bu e mail all flights will be operated on an A330 with premium available. Didn't say which carrier. As TCX are removing premium ( allegedly) and Air Transat only have club cabins which are smaller than TCX it still doesn't give me the confidence to book.

captaintrigger
16th Sep 2010, 14:07
Monarch are possibly picking up some Canadian Affair work for next summer!!!

Jamesair
16th Sep 2010, 14:22
TCX will base a fourth aircraft at NCL for summer 2011.

JonnyBfs
16th Sep 2010, 15:52
Transat don't have a B757 and that is the airline that it has for Thomas Cook. :confused: Might give CA an email and see whats going on?

Fernanjet
16th Sep 2010, 18:06
i believe tcx will be dropping ALL longhaul within the next 18-24 months and adjusting their concentration on the more lucrative medium haul market (turkey, egypt etc...)

Thomson will have the 787(eventually) and offer the longhaul, with TCX A330's concentrating on the mid-haul expansion.

clareview
16th Sep 2010, 18:36
Transat used to have B757s but now have widebody A310 and A330's only

goldeneye
16th Sep 2010, 21:31
Thomas Cook are not removing the Premium Cabin seats from the A330, there are just not selling them as premium on their own routes (ie SFB, LAS, CUN etc)

The Canadian flights are still offering Premium Service, and you are still able to select seats on the TCX flights. Also i am booked to fly CAF in May, and have premium cabin seats booked.

David Sharpe
26th Oct 2010, 21:10
Don't know if there is anybody with knowledge to answer the following questions ?

1. Which base does the aircraft operating the Sunday service to Monastir from Norwich come from, presumably operating a "w" rotation ?

2. TCX 131 L from Corfu to Newcastle on Monday 25th October 2010, did this aircraft operate to another destination on the Monday morning ? (note that the return arrival was scheduled later than normal at around 2030) I did note that the TCX 772 L from Corfu to Manchester had actually operated to Sharm El Sheikh as TCX 772 K in the morning.

Any answers appreciated.

Ireland202
26th Oct 2010, 21:13
Quote: 1. Which base does the aircraft operating the Sunday service to Monastir from Norwich come from, presumably operating a "w" rotation ?

The aircraft comes from Leeds. It does indeed operate a W rotation. LBA-MIR-NWI-MIR-LBA

Quote:2. TCX 131 L from Corfu to Newcastle on Monday 25th October 2010, did this aircraft operate to another destination on the Monday morning ? (note that the return arrival was scheduled later than normal at around 2030)

The aircraft operated to Antalya on the Monday morning.

Evileyes
27th Oct 2010, 12:24
Multiple Passenger Service questions have been moved to the Passenger & SLF Forum.

http://www.pprune.org/passengers-slf-self-loading-freight/385388-thomas-cook-thread.html

However, once again we remind you that PPRuNE is NOT the place to go for an authoritative answer to your customer service questions.

Standing at the check-in desk crying "But PPRuNE said..." is likely to be an exercise in futility and disappointment. ;)

The Mods

goldeneye
23rd Nov 2010, 15:06
Just read on Jethro's that three A330's are to go from the fleet in 2011. The are the the three that operated with TCX prior to the merger with MYT.
Are TCX leasing new aircraft to replace these or scaling back longhaul.

wanna_be_there
23rd Nov 2010, 15:09
apparently, they are getting B767-300's to replace the 3 A330's. (Cant remember where I read it though, or how official it is?)

Wonder where the 3 A330's will go? Scandinavia or a new operator?

Spotter LBA
23rd Nov 2010, 15:41
Seems very strange to get rid of the newer A330's first as the MYT aircraft are the older. It wouldn't surprise me that TCX are scaling back longhaul as the Carribean will be massively hit with tourists from the UK with the new taxes on longhaul flights.

Flyboy543
23rd Nov 2010, 16:46
The lease on the ex TCX A330's expires nov '11. They plan to keep the ex MYT A330 a/c due to the lower deck lavs installed. There should be more info about the future fleet after the new narrow body order has been announced ie, A32x with a view to A350s or B737ng with a view to B787 etc.

Flightrider
23rd Nov 2010, 17:06
A large chunk of the A330 capacity has been deployed on short-haul flying over the last two summers anyway, so the merger has left TCX in a position where it had more A330s than it probably needed. You do not need an expensive A330-200 lease to be providing seats to Dalaman.

The interesting thing about this will be whether the fleet reduction with A330s being returned will lead to lay-offs at the same time as a procession of operators of questionnable repute are being drafted in from Lithuania, Latvia and Spain to fly under TCX flight numbers to provide extra capacity. The selling of these services as Thomas Cook operations when they patently were not led to more than a few customer concerns this summer.

beardy
23rd Nov 2010, 17:24
I hope the readers and contributors realise that this is a rumour forum and that much written so far about the end of lease for 3 x A330s is partially informed speculation. The leases may yet be renewed, no announcement, nor I believe a decision has been made.

A large chunk of the A330 capacity has been deployed on short-haul flying over the last two summers anyway

Is a case in point, the operative here is 'large.' It was a small portion of the A330 task.

Flightrider
23rd Nov 2010, 17:54
Two aircraft out of eight (including the OY- one) isn't my definition of a small portion. Much the same again in prospect for Summer 11. And that's before you get onto the subject of the Canadian Affair A330 flying. The fact remains that TCX as an airline has far more A330 capacity than the tour operator needs to meet its long-haul programme.

enwon
23rd Nov 2010, 18:08
"They plan to keep the ex MYT A330 a/c due to the lower deck lavs installed."

Yes indeed! The board, the powers that be, the holders of the purse strings, those in the know, met one day in an expensive, featureless room with large windows and bigger wooden table and decided between themselves that due to the lower deck lavs installed on the ex MYT A330 a/c they would keep these in favour of the ex TCX.

Ha! Words actually fail but at least the lower deck lavs on the ex MYT A330 don't. Guys please.....emocons............

Welsh Bobby
23rd Nov 2010, 19:06
Anyone know why CWL is changing to a based A320 for S.11 after having a based A321 there for the past three past summers or even longer?

RoyHudd
23rd Nov 2010, 19:46
Probably lower demand.

Flightrider
23rd Nov 2010, 19:54
Enwon - surely this is one of the (few) sensible things which they have done. The A330s with LDLs allow you to fit the same number of seats but at better seat pitch than those without. Provided cargo capacity is not constrained then this is about as much of a no-brainer as it can be.

NEastMidlands
23rd Nov 2010, 20:08
CWL reduction is the stock answer of capacity cuts.

A330's well we would never know what the deals were when JMC took on OJMB/C but we could presume they were on a more expensive contract than the ex AIH A330's and therefore are the first to go.

beardy
23rd Nov 2010, 20:24
Had it been 2 aircraft out of 8 dedicated to medium-haul (short-haul was only undertaken to replace AOG and then only as the programme permitted) I would agree that it would not have been a small portion. Canadian Affairs is IMHO more lucrative than clawing back contracted out seats, so is not really a problem (and allows 'seat swapping' deals that keep contracted-in seat rates reasonable.) Over capacity in summer in Scandinavia is a problem when the aircraft are hived off to the UK (who can make more money/less loss from them,) but may be a good way of the group making best utilisation of its assets.
Lets just wait and see what happens instead of trying to second guess decisions made by the tour operator (not the airline) based on information we don't have.

Fernanjet
25th Nov 2010, 11:05
Ive said it before....I shall say it again.....

I'm pretty confident that within the next 2-3 years....longhaul will have ceased and short medium haul is where TCX will base their flying.

Turkey and Egypt are their targets for "total domination"......

That's where the money is!

Stanstedeye
25th Nov 2010, 21:25
1. Which base does the aircraft operating the Sunday service to Monastir from Norwich come from, presumably operating a "w" rotation ?

In summer 2010 it was from STN, you could check this via the Monastir site.

Eurotraveller
1st Dec 2010, 07:34
Extract from the group results released this morning...

Aircraft fleet replacement
Thomas Cook Group operates a fleet of 93 aircraft with an average age of 12 years. The Group has identified significant operational savings, particularly from maintenance and improved fuel efficiency, that can be achieved by renewing and harmonising its 71 narrow body aircraft onto a common fleet. Following a comprehensive review, the Group has selected the Airbus 320 family of aircraft. Accordingly, the Group will begin a five year narrow body aircraft replacement programme, starting in December 2012 and phased in line with the planned retirement of the existing fleet. The replacement programme will deliver optimum flexibility by sourcing new narrow body aircraft through a combination of firm and flexible orders direct with the manufacturer and through accessing the aircraft leasing market. A review of the wide body fleet replacement requirements will be undertaken during the 2010/11 financial year.

As part of the replacement programme, the Group has reached a memorandum of understanding with Airbus for 12 new Airbus 321 aircraft scheduled to be delivered in 2014, with a list price of $96 million each, together with options to purchase further aircraft from 2015. These aircraft are subject to substantial price concessions from the list price. The Group will remain a heavy user of operating leases and it is anticipated that directly purchased aircraft will be financed through sale and leaseback agreements with third party lessors.

NEastMidlands
1st Dec 2010, 07:37
So basically

B757's to be replaced with A321's and then the long haul fleet to be reviewed next year, however i would expect for all Boeings to go as above, they want a single manufacturer fleet

macdo
1st Dec 2010, 08:13
The final decision for a 320 at CWL for S11 was not made as of the end of last week. The tour operator is keeping everyone guessing! CWL or EMA will get the 321 dependant on loads booked.

The future is bright, no poxy Boeings for USSSS!!!:ok::D:)

david1994
1st Dec 2010, 08:40
Anyone know if BFS is getting the A321 based or another type?

AP1995
10th Dec 2010, 21:11
whats happening with thomas cook at lba? they have cut down alot on winter services and doesnt seem to have any flights until saturdays?

commit aviation
10th Dec 2010, 23:11
They have a few flights over Christmas / New Year, otherwise they don't have any flights until mid February.
After that the programme builds back in April until the summer programme starts in May.

planenut321
10th Dec 2010, 23:24
On flythomascook its showing Cardiff-Izmir as an option but I can't see any dates its bookable for...anyone got any info?

AP1995
11th Dec 2010, 11:16
okay thank you, does anyone no of any airlines expanding at LBA?

ematom1
12th Dec 2010, 08:02
Any expansion at ema?

david1994
23rd Dec 2010, 11:08
Anyone know if Thomas Cook will be basing the A321 in Belfast again next summer??

AP1995
23rd Dec 2010, 13:17
TCX have annocenced new routes from DSA and SOU, SOU-mahon & DSA to bourgos so good news for the airline.

goldeneye
23rd Dec 2010, 14:57
These new flights from DSA and SOU are not TCX. They are allocations that Thomas Cook Tour Ops have got from TOM (DSA) and BE (SOU).

AP1995
23rd Dec 2010, 15:03
i think thr bourgus is operated by tcx i think it says it on the dsa thread but not completly surre

planenut321
23rd Dec 2010, 15:03
Will TCX be operating CWL-MAH in the summer? Usually in a W pattern with BRS. Also will we be keeping a based unit for Winter 11/12 like this year?

Cheers.

goldeneye
23rd Dec 2010, 15:13
AP1995

I've just done a booking search on TC's website and it is a TOM flight that is listed.

Flight departs Fridays at 21:55 arrives 0330.

AP1995
23rd Dec 2010, 15:21
okay thanks for the infomation :) any more news of thomas adding new routes anywhere?

JonnyBfs
23rd Dec 2010, 15:42
has the whole canadian affair contract/situation been sorted out yet?
are TCX yes to do it, or is it Monarch and Air Transat replacing them?

J

tamtam2
28th Dec 2010, 00:32
I hear that TCX is doing the longer flights to YVR and YYC while MON are doing YHZ, YOW, YUL.

Fernanjet
4th Jan 2011, 09:34
TCX have sent an A321 to SSH today from Manchester....can this aircraft get back from there in one go with a full load?

seems a long way for an A321??

Kestrel_Stu
4th Jan 2011, 11:33
TCX have sent an A321 to SSH today from Manchester....can this aircraft get back from there in one go with a full load?

seems a long way for an A321??

G-TCDA is being used on this route today - a higher gross weight version of the A321 with 2 additional centre fuel tanks (ACTs) with additional total capacity of 2,500kg over the rest of the fleet which have only 1 ACT installed. The maximum takeoff weight of this version is 93,500kg as opposed to 89,000kg for the standard A321 (which applies to the other three aircraft in the TCX fleet). The maximum zero fuel and maximum landing masses are also higher.

So to answer your question - yes it can do SSH-MAN in one go with 220 pax. After all, the A321 will be replacing the B752 at Thomas Cook over the next few years so they will need to cope with these Egypt routes, even the longest ones like HRG-GLA and SSH-BFS. The new aircraft are also likely to be equipped with 'sharklets' as well as 2 ACTs, which should achieve a fuel burn improvement of around 3.5% on the A320/321 on long sectors like this.

Having said all that it's still no 757 - these long sectors are tight for this machine and so often utilise 'reclearance flightplans' with en-route alternates.

Jamie2k9
4th Jan 2011, 11:38
SSH-BFS

being dropped in May. Thomson will take it over.

Torque2
4th Jan 2011, 11:57
Sorry Jamie could you be a bit more explicit. Do you mean TCX is ceasing BFS-SSH for the summer (or completely) or is TUI taking over the flying line and operating for TCX for the summer or what.

BFS101
4th Jan 2011, 11:58
BFS-SSH back to TCX again on 3 Nov for the winter season, through to the end of April 2012.

Jamie2k9
4th Jan 2011, 12:01
As Thomson don't operate form BFS in the winter (except a few North Pole flights) that would explain TCX resuming it.

Torque2
4th Jan 2011, 12:44
So what you're saying is that as per normal, the TCX flights BFS-SSH will cease at the end of the winter season 2010/11 and will resume as per normal for the winter season 2011/12.

Subtle difference to being dropped.

Jamie2k9
4th Jan 2011, 12:47
Subtle difference to being dropped.

There is a difference but when I checked a few weeks ago there was no SSH flights bookable from BFS with TCX or TOM for winter 2011/12.

Fernanjet
4th Jan 2011, 13:17
Thanks Kestrel Stu...

it still seems a bit of a push on an "underpowered" aircraft compared to a B757/767

i know the A321's are replacing the 757's for narrowbodied fleet but my guess will be 767/A330 (or their future replacements) will operate ssh/hrg etc....

longhaul to go - i still predict this will be the case

Kestrel_Stu
4th Jan 2011, 15:37
The A321 is not "underpowered" of course (it would not be certified to fly if so), more correctly it is "less overpowered" than the 757.

It is simply a much more efficient aircraft - if the A321 with sharklets does consume 3.5% less fuel than the standard A321 as Airbus claim, then a fully laden one will consume 10% less fuel per passenger than a 757 operating SSH-MAN. That's massive.

The new A321s will certainly see their share of SSH/HRG - the 757s which they will replace currently operate over 75% of our year-round SSH flights alone. We do not have the widebody capacity to replace that amount of flying.

While there will no doubt still be some 767 and A330 Egypt flying, a key requirement of the narrowbody fleet replacement type was the ability to operate routes like HRG-GLA and so these aircraft will continue to be the main type used.

longhaul to go - i still predict this will be the case

Not impossible but it would be contrary to vehement denial from management! The widebody fleet replacement (while admittedly it incorporates Condor and TC Scandinavia as well as TCX) is still well and truly on the agenda for decision this year.

Fernanjet
4th Jan 2011, 19:21
It is simply a much more efficient aircraft - if the A321 with sharklets does consume 3.5% less fuel than the standard A321 as Airbus claim, then a fully laden one will consume 10% less fuel per passenger than a 757 operating SSH-MAN. That's massive.

Massive? 10% less fuel is a lot but the aircraft carries 7% less passengers....so not quite as good as it sounds but still better of course!

Kestrel_Stu
4th Jan 2011, 20:43
Well the 10% is per passenger - for SSH-MAN:

B757 22,200kg
A321 18,700kg (w/sharklets) = -15.8%

Per passenger:

B757 (22,200/235) - 94.5kg
A321 (18,700/220) - 85.0kg = -10.1%

Our annual fuel bill is over £200 million. If we could save just 1% it would be enormous (£2 million), 10% is £20 million :eek:. That saving would pay the lease costs of about 15 A320s each year!! Or pay our entire annual cabin crew wage bill.

So yes, massive :)

Don't get me wrong the 757 is a great aircraft and uniquely capable, but it's a gas guzzler compared to the minibus. Fuel isn't the only worry either, the 757s are becoming less reliable in their old age, and more costly to maintain compared with the Airbus fleet.

Incidentally it wouldn't have mattered if we'd gone for the 737-800 / -900ER instead of the A320 / A321 - apparently the numbers come in almost identical on fuel burn / range.

pamann
4th Jan 2011, 20:49
has Stansted become a 757 base for TCX now?

Kestrel_Stu
4th Jan 2011, 20:55
has Stansted become a 757 base for TCX now?

No still A320 but it's very quiet this winter at STN until about mid-Feb. They don't have the ski flights there like most other bases. The 757 flights are pretty much done there now for the winter too, with the exception of some ad-hocs next month.

pamann
4th Jan 2011, 21:12
So has Stansted become a temporary base now for TCX? It's certainly come along way (for the worse) seeing that Airtours pioneered the low cost/free child place holiday flights using it as their London hub many moons ago.

Skipness One Echo
6th Jan 2011, 14:49
When did the callsign "TopJet" become "Kestrel"? I thought I had a note but now I can't find it. Had a good search on pprune but can't fine it even though I remember someone posting at the time!

Also did Thomas Cook ever use "Globe" as their callsign?

Stanstedeye
6th Jan 2011, 15:35
So has Stansted become a temporary base now for TCX? It's certainly come along way (for the worse) seeing that Airtours pioneered the low cost/free child place holiday flights using it as their London hub many moons ago

FR has taken a lot of business from them, but the CY routes, & (left out in the cold Malta) is another destination for them to consider,

Ian Brooks
6th Jan 2011, 15:40
Skipness I think this might help re change

Kestrel was the old Airtours callsign so I guess it came in the same time as the merger was completed ,which I can`t remember but think it was October 2008

http://www.pprune.org/questions/80746-airtours-callsign-change-why.html
Airline Call Sign — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4167854/)

I don`t remember them using Globe but that`s not saying they didn`t at some point
but would have thought to close to Globespan

Ian B

Ian Brooks
6th Jan 2011, 15:46
Skipness further to previous

My memory is fading it was JMC, just shows how things disappear into the past
very quickly
Callsign "Globe" Who Is That? — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net (http://ww.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/1086506/)

Ian B

Skipness One Echo
6th Jan 2011, 15:50
Thanks Ian, I remenber "Kestrel" as Airtours quite well. The only reason I ask is that my records from 2005- are marked as "TCX" which was the ICAO code retained when the callsign changed with the MyTravel merger. It just struck me that having TCX123K logged is all terribly jolly but it doesn't tell what the actual callsign was!

Kestrel_Stu
8th Jan 2011, 01:03
When did the callsign "TopJet" become "Kestrel"?

When the merger was completed in March 2008 bringing MyTravel Airways and Thomas Cook Airlines UK Ltd under a common Air Operators Certificate (AOC), all flights were transferred to the MyTravel Airways AOC (renamed Thomas Cook Airlines).

The Thomas Cook Airlines UK Ltd AOC ceased to exist.

The three-letter ICAO code was changed from MYT to TCX, but the callsign "Kestrel" was retained on the basis of a pilot survey (and Eurocontrol approval for it to be associated with ICAO code TCX).

UK ATC were quick to catch on but it was several months before "Top Jet" was replaced with "Kestrel" in some parts of the world. Even now, we are referred to as "Top Jet" on occasion.

I don`t remember them using Globe

In the latter days of JMC the callsign was changed from "Jay Emm Cee" to "Globe", IIRC this transitioned into the early days of the "old" TCX before "Top Jet" was adopted. This was also based on a preference vote by pilots with a few suggestions on offer.

Why oh WHY our little airline in Belgium with seven aeroplanes gets to use the callsign "Thomas Cook" while we with 40+ in our fleet argue over a new callsign every few years I'll never know... :ugh:

Danny_R
13th Jan 2011, 00:06
Anybody know what is happening with the TCX Calgary flight into Manchester today? It landed on time apparently so assuming aircraft has gone tech down route? I'm supposed to be picking the other half up from it in the morning but MAN's website is just stating 'Next Information at ****' (insert time that once passed gets changed again).

**edit**

MAN's website has now just updated to say Next Information at 13:00, guess that's an indefinite delay and hotel stop over then! She's going to be made up! If anybody can get any info on the delay and ETD that would be helpful.

david1994
13th Jan 2011, 21:58
Departed and onroute to Manchester :ok:

Fernanjet
14th Jan 2011, 10:54
Lots of rescue flights from Monastir i notice today...

david1994
14th Jan 2011, 13:53
TCX001R MIR 1210 MAN 1430
TCX002R MIR 1240 MAN 1500
TCX003R MIR 1350 LGW 1555
TCX006R MIR 1635 MAN 1840
TCX004R MIR 1640 MAN 1900
TCX005R MIR 1715 LGW 1935

goldeneye
14th Jan 2011, 19:15
What aircraft did TCX use to operate the repatriation flights, were they there own metal or chartered from other carriers.

TCX69
15th Jan 2011, 10:53
Tcx001r Mir 1210 Man 1430 A320 G-dhrg
Tcx002r Mir 1240 Man 1500 A321 G-dhjh
Tcx003r Mir 1350 Lgw 1555 B752 G-fcli
Tcx006r Mir 1635 Man 1840 B763 G-tccb
Tcx004r Mir 1640 Man 1900 A321 G-omyj
Tcx005r Mir 1715 Lgw 1935 B763 G-dajc

OliWW
25th Jan 2011, 21:59
Thomas Cook Group has firmed up a memorandum of understanding with Airbus for 12 A321s.

The UK holiday company signed the MoU last month as part of a five-year plan to replace its narrowbody fleet.

Deliveries of the aircraft, which will be equipped with Airbus sharklets, are scheduled to begin in 2014.

In addition to the 12 A321s, Thomas Cook plans to lease A320-family aircraft from lessors

Source: Air Transport Intelligence news

Its also understood that it will keep the current A321's as well, and replace older A320's with new leased aircraft

Bagmanlgw
26th Jan 2011, 09:59
With the summer season fast approaching any ideas on what TCX plan to base at Gatwick and Manchester this summer ?

Last year LGW opperated with x 2 Aurela B752s rather than TCX metal

I am led to believe that customer feed back on the state of these aircraft was rather negative last summer ?

Bagmanlgw

goldeneye
26th Jan 2011, 12:16
One Boeing 767 is being based at LGW, one at MAN and the other at GLA which will also have a 757-300 based there too.

Fernanjet
6th Feb 2011, 12:19
Anyone know which 6 TCX aircraft are getting then new "Egypt" livery and branding?

And when?

and do we think they will now re-think this deal!!?

goldeneye
13th Feb 2011, 14:04
Do TCX own the 3 767's or are they on a long term lease ?

CabinCrewe
13th Feb 2011, 14:15
. . . owned .

wanna_be_there
13th Feb 2011, 15:06
I wonder if G-DAJC is beginning to show her age? Had to return to MAN twice within the past week due to tech problems.

CabinCrewe
13th Feb 2011, 16:04
These things happen, a newish BA Airbus had a similar problem... The TCX 767's are not that old

Ian Brooks
14th Feb 2011, 08:23
How suprising fire brigade are out to meet G-DAJC again this morning, he got all the way to overhead Munster before returning the other day it was South Wales and then sat overhead Mersi burning fuel down to max landing weight.
It must be costing Thomas Cook a small fortune

Ian B

Fernanjet
14th Feb 2011, 10:19
The TCX 767's are not that old

G-DAJC is coming up to 17yrs old now...

Which in car ages is about an L or M reg.....

TSR2
14th Feb 2011, 10:58
G-DAJC is coming up to 17yrs old now...

Some of BA's B767's are coming up to 22 years old and still going strong.

Betablockeruk
14th Feb 2011, 11:18
Nearest BA 767 age profile to DAJC is BNWV and as of Dec 09 the clocked mileage was 71867 and 53560 respectively.

Hammered!

Fernanjet
14th Feb 2011, 11:48
Nearest BA 767 age profile to DAJC is BNWV and as of Dec 09 the clocked mileage was 71867 and 53560 respectively.

So thats 35% more than BA for the TCX machine....

17yrs + 35% = 22yrs......

Knackered....let alone hammered!!

AP1995
19th Feb 2011, 09:58
TCX B757-300 has been fitted with winglets! heres a link :) Photos: Boeing 757-3CQ Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Thomas-Cook-Airlines/Boeing-757-3CQ/1868734/&sid=4f184d4d9fbc82d49ef8ee12e0f27eeb)

CabinCrewe
19th Feb 2011, 10:27
What are we comparing it with here, I suggest a comparison with a Delta DC-9-30...? Not so old after all....

SCANDIC
20th Feb 2011, 13:25
Will tommy cook fit winglets to their 757-200's

Kestrel_Stu
20th Feb 2011, 13:53
Will tommy cook fit winglets to their 757-200's

No, as they would fail to be self-financing over the course of the remaining lease periods.

Fernanjet
20th Feb 2011, 15:12
not a lot of change from last summer....1 x 767 going to lgw though i believe

david1994
20th Feb 2011, 16:33
Is BFS getting the A321-200 again?

Torque2
20th Feb 2011, 20:24
Yes for a while

flyboyTC
23rd Feb 2011, 20:26
One Boeing 767 is being based at LGW, one at MAN and the other at GLA which will also have a 757-300 based there too.

not sure where this info came from, all 3 x 767s will be based at MAN

goldeneye
23rd Feb 2011, 21:33
Quote:

not sure where this info came from, all 3 x 767s will be based at MAN

Thomas Cook Tour Operations inhouse reservation system (TOS)

Jamesair
23rd Feb 2011, 23:08
Will the Tunisian flights be operating then?

Kestrel_Stu
23rd Feb 2011, 23:11
Will the Tunisian flights be operating then?

Yes indeed, services kick off again on Wednesday next week.

flyboyTC
26th Feb 2011, 17:36
Airline's own scheduling/planning tool shows all 3 at MAN, maybe one going to GLA for peak, but in the main all 3 at MAN.

Also no cabin crew at LGW are trained on it, no plan to either

Good old TOS!!

Fernanjet
28th Feb 2011, 12:41
Is BFS getting the A321-200 again?

In the main school holidays in late June/July.

Quite A few 757/767/A330 visits too.

Mainly an A320 out of the school holiday seasons though

I see Bournemouth is getting a twice weekly 757-200 visit through the summer with the 757-300 visiting 6 times too (in place of the 752)

9287Excellent
28th Feb 2011, 13:22
Wow, a twice weekly 757 to Bournemouth...do they think they will fill it?? I assumed it would be an A320 or something being as Thomson only use a B737 and the competition from Ryanair also. How did Thomas Cook do on the few flights they operated from BOH in November I think it was??

MUFC_fan
28th Feb 2011, 13:52
Wow, a twice weekly 757 to Bournemouth...do they think they will fill it??

LS filled the equivalent from BLK to TFS a few years back and I would consider BOH to have a greater audience/less competition from larger airports near the respective airfield.

MARKEYD
28th Feb 2011, 15:03
Good to see the 757 300 into Bournemouth !!

Thomas Cook did operate 3 flights to Tenerife approx 169 pax per flight and and Tunisia approx 175 pax per flight in November using an A320 .

However there short love affair with Bournemouth this winter 11 / 12 looks bleak as nothing showing !! its very frustrating as it was well supported by local travel agents and public alike and now we seem to have lost Las Palmas for the winter so prehaps they could try that for a short season

Kestrel_Stu
28th Feb 2011, 21:27
TCX Summer 2011 Fleet Distribution

Finalised as:

7 x A320
4 x A321
7 x A332
1 x A333
19 x B752 *
2 x B753
3 x B763
43 TOTAL

* 2 x B752s damp leased from Mint Airways

Distribution: (based on w/c 04/07/2011 - it does change slightly over the season)

BFS - 1 x A321
BHX - 3 x B752
BRS - 2 x A320
CWL - 1 x A320
EMA - 2 x A321
GLA - 1 x A332, 1 x A333, 1 x B752, 2 x B753, 1 x B763
MAN - 1 x A320, 1 x A321, 3 x A332, 6 x B752, 2 x B763
NCL - 4 x B752 (2 leased from Mint)
LBA - 1 x A320
LGW - 1 x A320, 3 x A332, 5 x B752
STN - 1 x A320

One Manchester B752 is planned to operate flights only 3 days a week to act as a standby aircraft for the other 4 days.

'W' patterns all over the place so I won't try to summarise them in detail. Notably ABZ gets a lot of 757s and some A320/1s, as do EDI, EXT & NWI. BHD gets some peak season 757s doing Reus, BOH gets a decent number of 752s/753s doing Turkey, DSA 757s, HUY everything but the 330, IOM gets a couple of 757s doing IBZ/PMI.

Lots of 'W' patterns of non-based aircraft through the main bases too (e.g. 757s at STN).

The A330s will be taking over east coast Canada flights this summer from the 757 (YOW and YHZ).

david1994
28th Feb 2011, 22:00
BHD gets some peak season 757s doing Reus,

Do you mean A320 as BHD cannot physically take a 757

Kestrel_Stu
28th Feb 2011, 22:14
Do you mean A320 as BHD cannot physically take a 757

Nope - a 757-200. 5 visits planned in total. The 757 is far more capable (performance-wise) than an A320. I assume the taxiways / apron can accommodate it.

Heck, if IOM can take one ;)

Aircraft routes:
EMA-BHD-REU on 01/07, 08/07
REU-BHD-REU on 15/07
REU-BHD-EMA on 22/07, 29/07

OliWW
28th Feb 2011, 22:22
The REU flight doesn't originate from EMA, it is operated as a W pattern, which I always thought would be a A320 all season...

Kestrel_Stu
28th Feb 2011, 22:33
EMA isn't planned to see the A320 all summer. 2 x A321s based and 757-200s and -300s passing through.

The whole rotation on 1st July according to the company system is:

01/07/2011
TCX 2246 Fri 05:00 MAN REU 07:15 752 752235
TCX 5135 Fri 08:15 REU EMA 10:40 752 752235
TCX 513P Fri 11:25 EMA BHD 12:30 752 752000
TCX 5134 Fri 13:20 BHD REU 15:50 752 752235
TCX 2247 Fri 16:50 REU MAN 19:15 752 752235

Don't shoot the messenger!

OliWW
28th Feb 2011, 22:48
So the EMA flights are only via BHD for one month it would seem on the 752..., MAH on a fri is off BHX so must be a 752 so is ADB on a 753?

Thanks stu

Kestrel_Stu
28th Feb 2011, 22:57
Actually no ADB is a 752 on 'W' from LGW. The 753 only drops into EMA a couple of times this summer:

30/05/2011
TCX 302P Mon 07:05 GLA EMA 08:10 753 753000
TCX 3026 Mon 09:10 EMA PMI 11:35 753 753280
TCX 3027 Mon 12:35 PMI GLA 15:45 753 753280

06/06/2011
TCX 3026 Mon 08:10 GLA PMI 11:10 753 753280
TCX 3027 Mon 12:10 PMI EMA 14:40 753 753280
TCX 302P Mon 15:30 EMA GLA 16:35 753 753000

Mr A Tis
1st Mar 2011, 07:34
Will TCX be operating the B752s from MAN for Canadian Affair this summer to YYZ or has that gone to Air Transat?

Bagmanlgw
1st Mar 2011, 07:59
Kestral are you sure about LGW fleet total

Have seen plans for plans for up to 12 aircraft at LGW peak August

5 x A330s mostly Long haul , but one planned double daily short haul

Then a mix of mainly B752 with additional capacity covered by A321 and A320s

B753 showing on only a small % of flights this summer mostly B752 opps

Lgwbagman

Kestrel_Stu
1st Mar 2011, 08:22
Will TCX be operating the B752s from MAN for Canadian Affair this summer to YYZ or has that gone to Air Transat?

There wil be no 757 Canada flying this summer. MAN-YVR and MAN-YYC continue on the A330, along with LGW-YOW-YYZ, LGW-YHZ, LGW-(YEG)-YVR and LGW-YYC. There are also some GLA-YVR and GLA-YYCs.

Bagmanlgw,

The fleet distribution I showed is based on the week of 4th July 2011, LGW does get additional machines in August for example (A320 swaps with the A321 from BFS, B753 & A333 down from Glasgow, etc...). There are certainly 5 x A330s out of LGW on some days with one doing shorthaul as you say.

It's hard to summarise the fleet for the whole summer as things do move around.

MUFC_fan
1st Mar 2011, 08:29
Are TCX's operations larger at MAN than LGW? I always thought they were and that TOM was the one with a more LGW emphasis?

Fernanjet
1st Mar 2011, 08:55
So the EMA flights are only via BHD for one month it would seem on the 752..., MAH on a fri is off BHX so must be a 752 so is ADB on a 753?

ADB is a B752...

TCX5735 11:25ADBEMA 15:35752
TCX5734 20:45EMAADB 00:35752

Hell of a long turnaround though!!!

same time each week too...

Fernanjet
1st Mar 2011, 09:03
GLA - 1 x A332, 1 x A333, 1 x B752, 2 x B753, 1 x B763

Glasgow does only have the B763 for 3 weeks during the year.

deltahotel9
1st Mar 2011, 09:54
Mint only seem to have 2 x 752, if they are both to be based at NCL for the whole summer how are they going to operate their own flights, or perhaps their website is wrong and they no longer operate in their own right? Will they be in full TCX livery?

Kestrel_Stu
1st Mar 2011, 12:44
If you pick a week in late August (w/c 22/08) the distribution changes to:

BFS - 1 x A320
BHX - 3 x B752
BRS - 2 x A320
CWL - 1 x A320
EMA - 2 x A321
GLA - 0.5 x A332, 3 x B752
MAN - 1 x A320, 1 x A321, 3 x A332, 0.5 x A333, 5 x B752, 3 x B763
NCL - 4 x B752 (2 leased from Mint)
LBA - 1 x A320
LGW - 1 x A321, 3.5 x A332, 0.5 x A333, 4 x B752, 2 x B753
STN - 1 x A320

With 1 B752 at Manchester acting as standby.

ryansf
1st Mar 2011, 13:33
Is there an online timetable (like the Thomson ANA one) that we can see a breakdown of aircraft operating individual routes?

Kestrel_Stu
1st Mar 2011, 15:54
Is there an online timetable (like the Thomson ANA one) that we can see a breakdown of aircraft operating individual routes?

Not a publicly-available one no. PM me if you want information about a specific route and I will check for you.

OltonPete
1st Mar 2011, 22:31
Kestrel_Stu

Does Canadian Affair know that the 757 will not be flying to Toronto this summer as it still shows in the booking engine on a Saturday from BHX.

I know the flight schedules show that it is MON114 but the booking engine
is still showing TCX4K/L.

Pete

Flightrider
2nd Mar 2011, 07:41
Canadian Affair has updated its booking engine with some of the changes - like the Gatwick/Ottawa flight becoming a TCX A330 running Gatwick/Ottawa/Toronto and the Gatwick/Montreal service becoming a TS A310. Where it has not yet removed the TCX 757s from the systems is presumably where it hasn't yet found a replacement aircraft to operate the flights in question. Monarch are definitely not doing any flying for Canadian Affair this summer now.

Kestrel_Stu
2nd Mar 2011, 10:35
I'm sure Canadian Affair are aware of what TCX are operating for them this summer. I heard that Monarch will not operate for them after all this summer, but those BHX-YYZ will not currently be operated by TCX.

CARNMANORLAD
2nd Mar 2011, 15:47
Went in my local Thomas Cook today to enquire about my booked holiday to Tunisia. We were looking to change from 2 weeks to 1 week. She couldnt find any Belfast-Tunisia flights on her database so phoned operations department in Belfast. He advised there were no flights on his database either but there was a stop-sale on all Tunisian flights from Belfast. He also advised it must only have came up and more than likely the holiday will be cancelled. The lady then phoned operations on the mainland and she advised that there was no stop-sale on her database but an upcoming schedule change of 7 hours! Who do i believe?

Torque2
2nd Mar 2011, 15:55
What date is your holiday planned for?

CARNMANORLAD
2nd Mar 2011, 16:09
What date is your holiday planned for?

14th September

Torque2
2nd Mar 2011, 16:15
Flt no TCX 8316 BFS-NBE departs 2005 A332 is indicated on last months programme however not on the current one. The changes are fluid at the moment. I cant see any flights to Tunisia (using the new airport NBE or the old one MIR) in September at the moment. Sorry cant be more helpful.

JonnyBfs
2nd Mar 2011, 16:40
I received the March Mailer from Canadian Affair. It shows a more reliable flight schedule with NO MON or NO TCX Flights. All the Thomas Cook 757 flights, that we then believed were going to be MON 757 flights have now been loaded as either TS A310 or A330 flights. Or in some cases, mostly Gatwick operations, it is A330 Thomas Cook (eg to Ottawa, Halifax and Toronto - only 757 flights). Hope that's a little more info for you

MILEHIGHBOY
2nd Mar 2011, 20:07
14sep11 Bfs/nbe 1455/1825
21sep11 Nbe/bfs 1015/1350

CARNMANORLAD
4th Mar 2011, 10:05
Revised Timings Bfs/nbe/bfs
14sep11 Bfs/nbe 1455/1825
21sep11 Nbe/bfs 1015/1350

Up until yesterday Thomas Cook's website were still taking bookings for my holiday dates but upon checking today all BFS-NBE flights have been removed. Does this mean the holiday is gonna be more than likely cancelled?

BFS101
4th Mar 2011, 11:30
Would be a shame to loose Tunisia from BFS, TCX being the only operator. Perhaps the A330 offered just too much capacity after the civil unrest, and no alternative A320/1's could be sourced. Guess it's a waiting game at the minute.

Sharm also seems to have disappeared from the winter 11/12 programme from BFS.

Are other UK airports having Tunisia / Egypt pulled, or at the minute are bookings still to original programme??

BFS101
4th Mar 2011, 11:38
Sorry Carnmanorlad, been confirmed that the BFS Tunisia programme has been cancelled from the end of March.

CARNMANORLAD
4th Mar 2011, 11:46
Sorry Carnmanorlad, been confirmed that the BFS Tunisia programme has been cancelled from the end of March

Where did you get confirmation from? Oh and thanks BFS101 ive spent all morning being past from pillar to post with Thomas Cook. I think il book Turkey now instead?

BFS101
4th Mar 2011, 11:56
Telephoned Thomas Cook at Forestside!! Was told that they had received information today confirming the cancelling of the programme.

CARNMANORLAD
4th Mar 2011, 12:00
Ive phoned Thomas Cook in Foyleside and they havent heard a thing! God communication is a wonderful thing :mad:

I know my holiday isnt to September but there are some great deals to Turkey for the same dates that id prefer to book now rather than later

pug
4th Mar 2011, 14:19
Humbersides Tunisia programme also appears to have been dropped.

sunshine79
4th Mar 2011, 15:23
NWI-NBE has been cancelled too.

pug
4th Mar 2011, 15:26
Its been posted elsewhere that Thomas Cook dropped DSA a couple of weeks ago too, flights are still available with Thomson.

CARNMANORLAD
4th Mar 2011, 16:52
Thomas Cook just phoned to confirm the cancellation. She said its nothing to do with the unrest in Tunisia but a lack of demand for the flights from BFS!? She did say bookings are still being taken for the winter schedule. Is it a case of the A330 being too big?

tigger2k8
4th Mar 2011, 17:06
She said its nothing to do with the unrest in Tunisia but a lack of demand for the flights from BFSI take it she didn't think that maybe the unrest had lead to the lack of demand for that part of the world? I know a couple of people myself who had planned to visit that part of the world this summer but have now changed their mind due to the recent trouble. Thats 4 airports in the UK who have lost this route so far.

plaincrazy
4th Mar 2011, 17:18
Cardiff seems to have been dropped too.

MARKEYD
4th Mar 2011, 18:01
So has Exeter with Thomas Cook

victoria73
4th Mar 2011, 18:30
Do we have any idea where they are going to send the aircraft instead of tunisia from BFS.

OliWW
4th Mar 2011, 21:17
It does seem like there is some 'backstage' negotiations going on, especially with the talk of TOM operating flights from DSA, and now TCX not... the case at EMA is that TOM have dropped NBE, and now its only TCX... whether that will continue I have no idea

BFS101
4th Mar 2011, 22:40
Do we have any idea where they are going to send the aircraft instead of tunisia from BFS.
The aircraft wasn't BFS based, it was an A330 that operated W flight from a base on the mainland, so BFS may well just loose the capacity. The aircraft used explains the huge jump on CAA stats from summer 2009 when it was an A320, to summer 2010 when it was as A330 operating the route!! Shame but I guess BFS is in the same boat as the rest of the UK, showing that current demand for Tunisia is pretty weak.

Kestrel_Stu
4th Mar 2011, 22:50
The aircraft wasn't BFS based, it was an A330 that operated W flight from a base on the mainland

No it wasn't - it was the LGW-based A320 or A321 planned to do NBE this year on W pattern through BFS, unlike last year the A330 was never planned on this route for 2011.

No A330s are planned to visit BFS this summer.

BFS101
4th Mar 2011, 22:58
Cheers Kestrel_Stu, sorry, must have received wrong information.

I presume it will be the 767 that does the peak Sanford flights from BFS, rather than the A330 then. Are the 767's equiped with PTV's???

Torque2
5th Mar 2011, 07:55
To be exact, 333 visits BFS outbound SFB on 16 and 17Jul and back through to Gla on 18 Jul.

Mr A Tis
5th Mar 2011, 20:56
Kestrel Stu

Do you know the seat pitch on the A330s being used on the MAN-YVR flights for Canadian affair this year? The CA web-site says up to 33" which kinda means anything . Do they have the awful AVOD box under the seats too?
Thanks.

LBIA
7th Mar 2011, 12:40
Hi

Thomas Cook have also cancelled there Leeds/Bradford - Tunisia programme for the summer season. The based A320 aircraft will now operate an extra weekly departure to Palma-Majorca as a direct replacement on Sundays

Mr.Bloggs
17th Mar 2011, 17:29
Just heard that Thomas Cook are returning 3 A330's later this year. What does this mean? Are they pulling out of long-haul holidays? Haven't heard of TUI or Monarch dropping out.

G-VCED
17th Mar 2011, 18:01
They're keeping the ex AIH/MYT A330s and the JMC ones are going back.

That's what i've heard anyway. Jethros says similar for what its worth.

CabinCrewe
17th Mar 2011, 18:34
Didnt they get their own brand new A330 a few years back ?

NEastMidlands
17th Mar 2011, 20:11
Eventually...

G-OJMC/B and G-TCXA are going

As mentioned all ex AIH are staying presume they are on a better rate

Mr A Tis
18th Mar 2011, 10:17
Does this mean 2011 is likely to be the last season flying for Canadian Affair?
I beleive it is the JMC A330s that are doing the Canadian routes this summer, and these aircraft were re-configured back to 29" pitch for the job.

Kestrel_Stu
18th Mar 2011, 11:35
Yes the Canadian Affair / TCX contract finishes at the end of the summer 2011 season. Effectively the contract takes up 2.5 A330s hence 3 aircraft going back to the leasing company this winter.

The ex-MYT A330s are staying in the fleet, as mentioned these aircraft are on far more favourable lease deals (mortgages actually) compared with MB/MC/XA which are apparently quite a bit more expensive.

GROUNDHOG
18th Mar 2011, 11:39
So are the Canadian Affair aircraft now back to 34" in premium for this year?

Fernanjet
23rd Mar 2011, 20:31
G-TCBB and G-TCBC 757-200's joining from 1st April...where are they from??

goldeneye
23rd Mar 2011, 20:44
G-TCBB and G-TCBC 757-200's joining from 1st April...where are they from??

G-TCBB is ex B-2860 of China Xinjiang.
G-TCBC is ex B-2861 of China Southern.

sunshine79
24th Mar 2011, 20:17
It's been confirmed that POP, PUJ, SNU have been cancelled for winter.

CCC is going to be fortnightly for winter.

MBA holidays are being canx (MON flight)

NEastMidlands
24th Mar 2011, 20:18
I believe we will only see CUN and SFB for Summer 2012 and thats it

scousechris
24th Mar 2011, 22:52
Can someone confirm that the MAN - SNU flights for this summer are still operated by the A330? Dissapointed the flights for Winter 11/12 have been canceled as was just about to book to go back again in November!

sunshine79
24th Mar 2011, 22:54
Summer is still operating, only the winter flights have been axed.

scousechris
24th Mar 2011, 22:59
Thanks for that, was dreading receiving a letter saying it's been canceled seeing I've only got 8 weeks before I go! So still A330 then ?

sunshine79
25th Mar 2011, 01:58
As far as I know, its still an A330.

kazzie
28th Mar 2011, 20:08
Have the 75's started to be fitted with Winglets?

I saw a TCX 75 on approach to GLA today, and I could swear she had winglets..

Kestrel_Stu
28th Mar 2011, 20:22
The two 757-300 aircraft are to be fitted with winglets (one already is which you would have seen).

The 757-200s will not be fitted with winglets are there is insufficient time for them to be financially worthwhile before they are replaced by the new A320 family aircraft.

sunshine79
28th Mar 2011, 20:22
I think 1 or 2 have been fitted with winglets.

kazzie
28th Mar 2011, 20:55
Yeh I knew the -300's were getting them over the winter at some point.. It's more then likely that then being there is a -300 currently based at GLA.

Anyone know if it's AA or AB?

And Hello Sharron x

CabinCrewe
29th Mar 2011, 00:04
Its JMAA....

sunshine79
6th Apr 2011, 20:53
Yet another cancellation for winter 11, LGW-SFB.

mmeteesside
10th Apr 2011, 16:17
Anyone know where TCX6103 (Monastir-Newcastle, runs as TCX95AT?) has diverted to? Family are due out on the 6302 to Arrecife tomorrow so wondering if there'll be a knock on to tomorrow's ops! No doubt they'll have some backup plan though :ok:

Fernanjet
10th Apr 2011, 17:42
No flight on timetable for that route today....

2 aircraft position in overnight for tomorrows flights though...both from Glasgow...

Should be ok

goldeneye
10th Apr 2011, 21:43
Yet another cancellation for winter 11, LGW-SFB.

Sanford has not run over the winter for quite a few years now. Did TC have plans to restart but now cancelled.

mmeteesside
10th Apr 2011, 21:58
No flight on timetable for that route today....

2 aircraft position in overnight for tomorrows flights though...both from Glasgow...

Should be ok

@Fernanjet, thanks for that :ok:

sunshine79
11th Apr 2011, 19:12
Yes, we were going to run LGW-SFB in April but this has now been cancelled. Looks like MON have pulled MBA next summer so we are looking for seats with another carrier so far but I'm not holding out for that happening.

MILEHIGHBOY
15th Apr 2011, 15:34
Spanish carrier Mint Airways to operate flights ex NCL on behalf of TCX this summer 752.

OliWW
15th Apr 2011, 18:13
Mint Airways will also ops a 752 from EMA for a number of weeks during peak Summer... end of Jul - start of Sep.

MILEHIGHBOY
17th Apr 2011, 12:13
you book with TCX and its a complete lottery as to what obscure european charter airline you fly with! why are they selling flights beyond their means? they obv do not have enough capacity to operate their own programme!