PDA

View Full Version : Anybody work in Cardiff ATC

AWYRCYMRY
12th Jul 2006, 21:29
If any of you do work in the cardiff CTA it would be nice to get some info on whats happening with the delayed new airspace rules and the expanding of the controled airspace. Im a PPL ya see:) :)

CHEERS DUEDS

flower
12th Jul 2006, 21:42
News about meetings to be posted imminently

GrahamDuke
15th Jul 2006, 20:36
The revised Class D airspace surrounding Cardiff and Bristol will take effect on 31st August 2006.
It will include new SID's and STARS for both airports.

paulthornton
16th Jul 2006, 10:25
In the CAA's news announcement of this (see: http://tinyurl.com/hvucb) I note the following:

Pilots should note that 1:500000 Aeronautical Chart ‘Southern England and Wales’ (Sheet 2171CD) Edition 32 was published on 16 March 2006 and does not incorporate the changes in the AIC. Industry will be informed in due course of the chart amendment arrangements prior to the publication of Edition 33.

The revised airspace will be depicted on 1:250000 Aeronautical Charts 'England South' (Sheet 8) and 'The West and South Wales' (Sheet 7) when the current editions are replaced in February and August 2007 respectively.

Now surely the powers that be have known about the desire to make these airspace changes for some time, so wouldn't it be sensible to apply changes near the end of life of a chart (at least the 1:500k one) and not have to wait at least six months for amended charts to be available?

I'm all for not having to constantly buy new charts but it seems to me that a bit of co-ordination here would be more sensible. :confused:

Just my 2p worth!

Paul.

Roffa
16th Jul 2006, 11:30
I'm all for not having to constantly buy new charts but it seems to me that a bit of co-ordination here would be more sensible. :confused:
Just my 2p worth!
Paul.

A new half-mil is shortly being issued.

From the CAA web site...

1:500,000 Southern England & Wales – Edition 32A
11 July 2006
Since the publication of Edition 32 of the Southern England and Wales 1:500,000 chart in March 2006, the CAA has approved and implemented a number of significant airspace changes. The CAA has therefore decided to issue a new version of the chart, as Edition 32A, with an effective date of 31 Aug 2006 (AIRAC 9/06).

The issue of this chart will not affect the 2007 chart publication schedule, as shown on the CAA website, and is in addition to the usual means of promulgating airspace changes such as AIC’s and NOTAM. The current Frequency Reference Card will remain in circulation and should be used in conjunction with this new chart.

Edition 32A will be available via the usual Chart Stockists.

Important note: CAA will not be re-issuing any of the 1:250,000 series charts that cover Southern England and Wales. Users of these charts should consult www.caa.co.uk/charts and the latest NOTAM for chart amendments. These charts will eventually be re-issued on the scheduled dates as currently published.

GrahamDuke
16th Jul 2006, 19:51
Just to add a little bit more about charts.

Detailed local charts and procedures for Cardiff and Bristol will be published on the AIS website (Aeronautical Information Services) in about 7 to 10 days ie before the end of July.

www.ais.org.uk (http://www.ais.org.uk) then look under UK AIP, then under 28 day advance information

paulthornton
16th Jul 2006, 20:02
A new half-mil is shortly being issued.

Ah. That will teach me to not rummage harder on the CAA website! Thanks for the pointer.

Paul.

ATCO1987
19th Jul 2006, 08:54
Details on 20 JUL in the Yellow AIC document as previously posted...

When will half mil ED32A be available for purchase? Anyone know?

egffztzx
19th Jul 2006, 17:14
I spoke to to AFE at Manchester yesterday enquiring as to when we (NATS Cardiff) could expect to receive the new chart - but no timescale yet.

Hopefully it will be available mid August.

Standard Noise
19th Jul 2006, 20:20
Not last time I looked in!:}

Life of Riley they have over there........literally.:rolleyes:

ATCO1987
20th Jul 2006, 10:49
Well its 20JUL and, what a surprise! Nothing in the Yellow AIC section of ais.org.uk. That service is becoming more unreliable every day.

PPRuNe Radar
20th Jul 2006, 14:19
It's there now.

AIC Yellow 217 (http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/pdf/aic/4Y217.PDF)

ATCO1987
20th Jul 2006, 15:39
How disappointing, was hoping it would include all the new charts!

Standard Noise
20th Jul 2006, 20:31
How disappointing, was hoping it would include all the new charts!

Stupid boy, Pike!

ATCO1987
20th Jul 2006, 21:12
Noisy, thats a bit cheeky! How do you fancy entering work via a tunnel rather than an archway next time?

egffztzx
21st Jul 2006, 23:30
Links to map and details of meeting in new thread over in Private Flying.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=235719

Standard Noise
22nd Jul 2006, 15:56
Noisy, thats a bit cheeky! How do you fancy entering work via a tunnel rather than an archway next time?

OK, then I might actually get to see why that infernal bloody machine thinks my keys and phone are so interesting!

Now, back to the subject at hand, who are these people who claim to "work" at Cardiff!?

ATCO1987
22nd Jul 2006, 16:00
The arch finds the keys and phone more interesting, thats why it beeps at you ;). The tunnel just needs to be fed several times a day, just like yourself :).

heading 125
24th Jul 2006, 22:31
Hey Standard noise, stop bashing cardiff. Remeber we all work for NATS. You are obviously thinking like old NATS. Perhaps you should come over to Cardiff on a visit. We often visit your unit, it is very worth while - our two units are the best in NATS and lets keep it that way. We have been max'ed out recently recording upto 50 movments per hour through the Cardiff sector (for most of the day) - interesting work but very busy. Before you say, that 50 is overflights, GD, TE,BJ, DX, LARS and FH - not just Bristol flights. Good luck for the summer it's great fun working together so far lets keep it that way.

ATCO1987
25th Jul 2006, 04:01
Hey Standard noise, stop bashing cardiff. Remeber we all work for NATS.

Hmm, wouldnt remind Noisy of that if I were you, you're only heading for trouble! <G>.

2 sheds
25th Jul 2006, 07:26
Is this the royal "we"?

Standard Noise
26th Jul 2006, 06:03
Hey Standard noise, stop bashing cardiff. Remeber we all work for NATS. You are obviously thinking like old NATS. Perhaps you should come over to Cardiff on a visit. We often visit your unit, it is very worth while - our two units are the best in NATS and lets keep it that way. We have been max'ed out recently recording upto 50 movments per hour through the Cardiff sector (for most of the day) - interesting work but very busy. Before you say, that 50 is overflights, GD, TE,BJ, DX, LARS and FH - not just Bristol flights. Good luck for the summer it's great fun working together so far lets keep it that way.

God almighty! Stop weeing yourself man! I'm having a laugh with you, if I was bashing Cardiff, you'd really know about it, just ask Eastern Wiseguy at Aldergrobble what I'm like when I get really sh!tty. Those who know me know what I think about the way our two units work together.
We may all work for NATS, but that doesn't mean we have to like it. As for thinking like old NATS, well, you're way wide of the mark there, my opinions have been shaped by working for many years at units which were located v.close to a NATS unit, but being treated like the poor relation.
As for visiting Cardiff, I did, earlier this year, and chatted to your boss. Very interesting it was too, but would I want to work there, erm, sorry, I mean, be employed there?;) On the other hand, I can't remember the last time I saw someone from your unit over here, so stop preaching matey. Well actualy, that's not true, but that person wasn't there for a liason visit!

I do agree that we are the two best units in NATS (sorry Eastern) but as ATCO1987 SAYS, reminding me that I do work for NATS isn't the way to win friends and influence people.

Ta, ta old bean.

Turn It Off
27th Jul 2006, 11:26
Blimey Children,

Play nicely!

TIO

Standard Noise
27th Jul 2006, 16:17
And talking of people who are employed at Cardiff.......................:}