PDA

View Full Version : B737-800 Fueling limitation on ground?

Single Flasher
13th Sep 2004, 10:16
The -200 had a limitation that 'ON THE GROUND no more than 454 kgs of fuel should be in the centre tank without the main tanks being full.'

Is this also the case for the -800? Where could I find this info?

The limitiaton in the AFM is identical as above without saying 'on the ground'. This could indeed be translated to have the same meaning?

thanks

SF

The Greaser
13th Sep 2004, 11:17
Single Flasher,

Same limitation applies to the -300's and -700's that I fly so i assume it applies to all models. Reference is Boeing Vol 1. Limitations.

avioniker
13th Sep 2004, 15:23
Here's one operators AMM chapter 12:
(The center tank requirement has more to do with the fuel pump AD than anything else, although it does help with CG management)

P. Refueling Precautions

CAUTION: MAKE SURE THAT YOU PUT THE SAME QUANTITY OF FUEL INTO THE NO. 1 TANK AND THE NO. 2 TANK. IF THE FUEL QUANTITIES ARE DIFFERENT, THE AIRPLANE FLIGHT PROPERTIES WILL BE INCORRECT, AND DAMAGE TO THE WINGS CAN OCCUR.

(1) Put approximately the same quantity of fuel in the No. 1 tank and the No. 2 tank.

(2) If the center tank contains more than 1,000 pounds (453.6 kilograms) of fuel, you must fill the No. 1 tank and the No. 2 tank fully.

NOTE: This requirement is applicable to the fuel configuration for flight. Any quantity of fuel can be added to the center tank or transferred from the No. 1 or No. 2 tank for ground maintenance

(3) If the No. 1 tank and the No. 2 tank are scheduled to be filled fully, it is not necessary to put a specified quantity of fuel in the center tank.

(4) You can put fuel into all of the tanks at the same time or you can put fuel into each of the tanks in a sequence.

(5) Obey all of the approved procedures and precautions during a refuel operation.