PDA

View Full Version : FI wanted

scubawasp
4th Jun 2004, 13:55
There is a vacancy for an FI (not an FI(R), in the South East of England.

If there is anyone interested then please PM me.

Cheers

SW

greeners
10th Jun 2004, 11:24
Ah! I'm obviously not familiar with how this works. I wanted to advertise for a couple of FIs, but didn't think that I could...;)

scubawasp
10th Jun 2004, 14:42
Cheers for all your responses, the position is now filled

lookoutbelow
11th Jun 2004, 09:55
Greeners,

I see from your profile you are based at Goodwood. I am a newly qualified JAR ATPL/ME IR and live in Chichester! No airline jobs look likely for a while and so I am interested in doing the FI course (ANY recomendations of where to do it?) and working as an instructor for a while.

Would you be interested in my CV after the course? I have around 270 hrs? I could come and see you if you like?

Best regards

Lookoutbelow

Watchoutbelow
11th Jun 2004, 11:30
lookoutbelow
Are you my evil twin?

greeners
11th Jun 2004, 19:24
lookoutbelow

Have to say that Goodwood Flying School have a couple of FI instructors who are the dog's proverbials. Rod Jarvis and Bernie Smith are both ex-CFS with a squillion hours between them. They are well thought of in the industry - I know at least 3 flying schools who pretty much accepted instructor graduates at face value based on GFS training - and you will be taught how to do it properly. I would travel a long way to train with these guys, you are fortunate that they are right on your doorstep!

I'd point out that I have no connection with GFS whatsoever; they do PPL, IMC and FI training, we at UH do aeros, spin/upset and post-PPL instruction.

'Fraid that UH only take ex-military FIs with yards of instructional history, especially on the aeros side, and ideally with substantial tailwheel experience as well.

Feel free to pm for more info....

Good luck!

Watchoutbelow - who's to say which one is evil?!:\

Evo
11th Jun 2004, 19:54
lookoutbelow - can't help with airline jobs, FI ratings or anything else like that, but as you're in Chichester, if you ever feel like a cold beer... :ok:

sycamore
11th Jun 2004, 20:20
L-O-B, how can you have an ATPL with 270 hrs ????:confused:

Andy_R
11th Jun 2004, 23:50
me thinks we can safely assume fATPL :)

lookoutbelow
12th Jun 2004, 09:51
Sorry Sycamore F ATPL, not trying to be above my station, just forgot the F..

EVO and Greeners Check your PM's guys.

Watchoutbelow maybe we were seperated twins at birth!!!

Lookoutbelow

greeners
12th Jun 2004, 19:03
Evo and LAB

If you are contemplating beers and talking a/c b*ll*cks, I'd love to join you!

Cheers

greeners