PDA

View Full Version : JAR Airline Ground Instructor Qualifications

jetjackel
18th Nov 2003, 15:02
Anyone have info on the qualifications for an "inhouse" ground instructor under JAR ops? Currently handicapped as using another airline's ground training, for our pilots. Want info on facility required and ground instructor qualifications to comply with JAR to teach inhouse.
Appreciate any info.

Crossunder
18th Nov 2003, 17:22
Don't think there is one. As long as the course is approved by the CAA, you can use anyone as GI.

keithl
18th Nov 2003, 17:29
JAR-FCL2 Section 1 page 1-A-23 paras 18 to 20 refer. For a simple "Theoretical Knowledge Instructor" it is "appropriate experience in aviation" plus a demo lecture is all that's required. For CGI or SFI a few more rules apply.

jetjackel
18th Nov 2003, 18:00
Appreciate the brain power Keithl and Crossunder. Just to clearify, designated "type rating holder" on the aircraft being reviewed for Recurrent Training would be sufficient?

I do not have access to JAR-FCL2 Section. Appreciate any clearifications. This would be at an airline that currently has approved Ground Training Programs, but currently no designated Ground Instructor to teach the said programs.

Probably need a definition of a CRI. No training device would be used, it would be classroom instruction with visuals.

JAR Instructor Authorization on FCL required to be appointed?

Appreciate the help.

keithl
18th Nov 2003, 18:13
Hmm...well, the FCL2 references I gave were under the general heading of Flying Training Organisations (FTOs) for pilot licences and ratings. I assume your airline's ground school is an approved FTO. If it is, I'd be very surprised if you can't find a copy of FCL2 there as it sets out the rules for FTOs!
If it's not, then X-under is right - anyone can do it, but not under JAR rules, only if your national authority approves.

jetjackel
18th Nov 2003, 18:23
Thanks Keithl.

Better clearify this confusing situation.

My airline is currently being made to comply with JAR as the country is in the process of becoming a JAR member. Currently we are not a member, but being required to comply. FTO sounds very complicated if that is whats need to teach inhouse. Can you expand on this for me?

My current Pprune email is not valid. Could you contact me on [email protected]. I am still attempting to acess my profile to change the pprune email address.

Appreciate your patience and help on this matter.
JJ

PPRuNe Towers
18th Nov 2003, 23:31
JJ,

Scroll to the very bottom of this page and click on the 'contact us' caption.

Pass on your details and the new e-mail address - I'll be happy to make the changes for you.

Regards
Rob

Alex Whittingham
19th Nov 2003, 15:35
The JAA Regulations are at http://www.jaa.nl in PDF format. JAR FCL 1 sets out the training and licensing procedures. The file size is about 3.5Mb.