PDA

View Full Version : Logging AEF flying

tmmorris
11th Oct 2003, 17:16
Sorry, I sort of asked this before, but something BEagle said suggested that he or others might know the answer...

I frequently take cadets flying at 6AEF (as part of my 'military duties' as a VR(T) officer), and usually get a flight myself. I have a PPL/IMC. The plane is a Grob G115E Tutor - I don't have the required differences training for VP propeller.

What can I log:

(a) if the 'instructor' is not a civilian QFI;
(b) if the 'instructor' <i>is</i> a civilian QFI?

My current understanding is:

(a) SNY only;
(b) as the flight is not 'training for the issue of a rating or licence', still SNY only, but some have suggested P/UT.

Tim

Another St Ivian
11th Oct 2003, 17:37
As a PPL Holder and an AEF Staff Cadet I have tried to get a definite answer on this one for a while, and this is what came out last time I asked;
If you sit in the right hand seat, QFI in left, and he also has a Civil FI rating then it can go down as P1/S or P/UT.
Unfortunately it seems that plain AEF flying, i.e. sitting in left hand seat in a slot off of the end of a days flying, is simply Pax time.
I have quite a bit of time on the Tutor, most of which can only go down as pax time. :\

A.S.I

Stan Evil
11th Oct 2003, 22:43
If he has a civilian FI or CRI rating then there's no problem with logging it as dual (P u/t). Indeed, with his agreement, the flight could be the 1 hr dual required for revalidation, or differences training for the wobbly prop - a signture from the FI would then be needed in your log book.

down&out
13th Oct 2003, 17:05
Hmm interesting. I remember the last post. But in specific answer to your question:

I was lucky enough to get over 100hrs in an Air Squadron in my uni days. Obviously I only flew with mil instructors, on wobbly prop a/c. But the CAA accepted all my logged hours and they add up to my total time.

So, in situation (a) if you & your mil instructor agree you are receiving training, one could clearly argue you could put the time down as p u/t.