PDA

View Full Version : Extra qualifications to JAA PPL

ed69
29th Aug 2003, 01:19
Hi guys!

Got bit of a niggeling question, as a student ive little money to support my flying, however recently i have aquired a guarenteed source of income;) . Ive always wanted to stick an extra rating onto my JAA PPL ever since getting it, however i am moving to Spain shortly, and was wondering what extra ratin would be worth while, and still valid in spain? Im quite fancying a twin engine rating-grabin that PA-34 lol(neva afford the hourly rate!).Thanks for your help guys

-safe flying!

Ed

mad_jock
29th Aug 2003, 01:55
I would say night endorsement or what ever they call it now.

Has the advantage that apart from the 90 day rule it dosn't lapse.
And its quite handy if everything goes pair shape and you need an extra 30mins to get home and night time is only 15mins away.

MJ

ed69
29th Aug 2003, 03:39
aha, thanks v.much MJ ill look into that v.soon 5 hours then signed off doesnt sound bad must say, still hankerin for a run about in a PA-34 lol-cheers again

Any more suggestions are welcome,

Ed

buzzc152
29th Aug 2003, 16:01
Not a rating, but you might consider some 'advanced' training..... aerobatics, spinning course, PPL IR even if youve got enough cash.

Good luck.

SteveR
30th Aug 2003, 03:33
I would say night endorsement or what ever they call it now.

Would that be valid in Spain? Or anywhere other than UK?

I think not.....

Steve R

dublinpilot
30th Aug 2003, 03:44
SteveR,

A night rating is a JAA raiting, and goes onto your JAA licence. It is vaild in any JAR country.

I believe Spain is a JAR country.

Incidently it would also lift the day only limitation in the US as well. This is because the only thing stopping you flying at night in the US is the fact that your privilages are limited to those on your JAA licence.

mad_jock
30th Aug 2003, 06:39
In fact the night bit is a bit better than JAR

It is a valid ICAO bit of paper hence it is valid in USA.

Twins are great until you have to get the rating renewed. Waste of money unless you have access to one.

Night is loads of fun and in some ways more of a challange than twin.

MJ