Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

SAS Recruitment

Old 24th Jul 2022, 16:22
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Japan
Posts: 326
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAS Recruitment

CAE announced recruiting for SAS based in CPH experienced first-officers.
After the 15 days strike and now pilots made an agreement, what can be expected ?
trancada is offline  
Old 24th Jul 2022, 18:04
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: somewhere
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As per the new CBA between SAS and SPG , all new pilot positions with all the SAS airlines ( SK Scandinavian, SAS Connect, SAS Link ) must be filled by pilots that were let go during Covid19 ( around 450 pilots ) , so I won’t hold my breath unless you’re part of the laid off pilots from SAS.
gainanduru is offline  
Old 26th Jul 2022, 20:53
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: EU
Posts: 24
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gainanduru
As per the new CBA between SAS and SPG , all new pilot positions with all the SAS airlines ( SK Scandinavian, SAS Connect, SAS Link ) must be filled by pilots that were let go during Covid19 ( around 450 pilots ) , so I won’t hold my breath unless you’re part of the laid off pilots from SAS.
I thought SAS Mainline had to rehire fired employees back to mainline.. Shame
KongFlyer is offline  
Old 27th Jul 2022, 09:38
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: london
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gainanduru
As per the new CBA between SAS and SPG , all new pilot positions with all the SAS airlines ( SK Scandinavian, SAS Connect, SAS Link ) must be filled by pilots that were let go during Covid19 ( around 450 pilots ) , so I won’t hold my breath unless you’re part of the laid off pilots from SAS.
This isn’t entirely accurate. CAE can still hire pilots in the LHR base.
kendrick47247 is offline  
Old 1st Aug 2022, 12:32
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: UK
Age: 43
Posts: 139
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well until the terms of the new deal are known and its potential impact on the LHR base and SAS Connect, any talk of LHR recruitment is premature to say the least. From my understanding talking to LHR crews, both they and SASC crews in general have not been notified as of yet.
KyleRB is offline  
Old 1st Aug 2022, 17:43
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: london
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KyleRB
Well until the terms of the new deal are known and its potential impact on the LHR base and SAS Connect, any talk of LHR recruitment is premature to say the least. From my understanding talking to LHR crews, both they and SASC crews in general have not been notified as of yet.
Dont get caught up in your own misunderstanding.

Nobody said there was LHR recruitment, simply that CAE can hire into LHR and do not have to draw from the SPG.

Issues with Brexit are severely testing this Dublin business model
kendrick47247 is offline  
Old 1st Aug 2022, 18:57
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: UK
Age: 43
Posts: 139
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’ll ignore your first sentence.

It’s still premature to talk about what CAE can and can’t do in the current uncertainty. If the seniority lists do get merged and over 400 pilots rehired then I’m afraid all bets are off. CAE’s 5 year contract expires in the coming months as well!
KyleRB is offline  
Old 1st Aug 2022, 19:01
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: london
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KyleRB
I’ll ignore your first sentence.

It’s still premature to talk about what CAE can and can’t do in the current uncertainty. If the seniority lists do get merged and over 400 pilots rehired then I’m afraid all bets are off. CAE’s 5 year contract expires in the coming months as well!
You ignore all you like; I’m stating what is written in the SAS-SPG agreement

kendrick47247 is offline  
Old 5th Aug 2022, 11:00
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Tightwad Hill
Posts: 47
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kendrick47247
You ignore all you like; I’m stating what is written in the SAS-SPG agreement
Speaking of which, is this available to read anywhere? Would be interesting to see the exact details.
FarewellFire is offline  
Old 8th Aug 2022, 11:20
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: UK
Age: 43
Posts: 139
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kendrick,

Well I can’t pretend to have sight of any agreement. Maybe you have contacts in management or training. However I have two friends there and neither have seen the agreement yet. I’ve also heard that any potential LHR upgrades are dependent on agreement between SPG and SAS which on the face of it looks like a tall order.
KyleRB is offline  
Old 8th Aug 2022, 13:15
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: london
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KyleRB
Kendrick,

Well I can’t pretend to have sight of any agreement. Maybe you have contacts in management or training. However I have two friends there and neither have seen the agreement yet. I’ve also heard that any potential LHR upgrades are dependent on agreement between SPG and SAS which on the face of it looks like a tall order.
You've heard from someone who hasn’t seen the agreement…

The agreement is readily available in a few places
kendrick47247 is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2022, 20:51
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Between a rock and a hard place
Posts: 1,267
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe the LHR base is limited to 100 FTE (full time equivalents) positions. One pilot leave, one can be hired. I am guessing a little, but don’t believe they will fall under the SPG owned CBA.
172_driver is offline  
Old 11th Apr 2023, 19:23
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Earth
Posts: 48
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello aviators,

Anyone has been called for an assessment for CPH ?

Thank you

Regards
IFLYyouBREATH is offline  
Old 18th Apr 2023, 12:01
  #14 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Germany
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IFLYyouBREATH
Hello aviators,

Anyone has been called for an assessment for CPH ?

Thank you

Regards
Yes, so interested in an kind of information what to expect!
Anyone any infos?
Thank you!
cloudsurfer09 is offline  
Old 11th Jun 2023, 10:53
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2022
Location: Tirana
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
did you or anyone go to the assessment in Stockholm recently and can share the experience ?
thanks
Jonathan Jeckel is offline  
Old 14th Jun 2023, 05:01
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Germany
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonathan Jeckel
did you or anyone go to the assessment in Stockholm recently and can share the experience ?
thanks
Yes. Went there. Classic interview with „classic questions“ first. (Stuff like your strength, weaknesses, whats a good captain, whats a bad one, difference between CPT and FO…)
Then sim in A320 full flight. Bit of raw data flying and airwork. All straight forward and fair.
cloudsurfer09 is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2023, 18:33
  #17 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Europe
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cloudsurfer09
Yes. Went there. Classic interview with „classic questions“ first. (Stuff like your strength, weaknesses, whats a good captain, whats a bad one, difference between CPT and FO…)
Then sim in A320 full flight. Bit of raw data flying and airwork. All straight forward and fair.
Thanks for your insights!

Any techincal questions during the interview? And is it correct that there is no computer based quizes?

Also, can you please share a bit more about what you did in the sim and how long it took?

Thanks iin advance!
pilotgeo is offline  
Old 23rd Jun 2023, 19:15
  #18 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2023
Location: Germany
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pilotgeo
Thanks for your insights!

Any techincal questions during the interview? And is it correct that there is no computer based quizes?

Also, can you please share a bit more about what you did in the sim and how long it took?

Thanks iin advance!
I was asked more a szenario based question with a tyre burst on takeoff in the interview. And if i remember correctly the initial actions for an emergency descent. But thats just been a very short part.
Sim was about 30 mins. Raw data departure straight ahead 5000ft. That a few instructions like turn left heading xxx, descent 4000ft, further left heading xxx and reduce speed 230kts, climb 1000ft/min up to 5000ft, steep turn left/right with 45deg bank.
Then a raw data procedural VOR-DME Approach, followed by a go around and a raw data ILS to land. Then swap seats and be PM for the same thing.
Pretty fair and straight forward.
cloudsurfer09 is offline  
Old 24th Jun 2023, 13:28
  #19 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Europe
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cloudsurfer09
I was asked more a szenario based question with a tyre burst on takeoff in the interview. And if i remember correctly the initial actions for an emergency descent. But thats just been a very short part.
Sim was about 30 mins. Raw data departure straight ahead 5000ft. That a few instructions like turn left heading xxx, descent 4000ft, further left heading xxx and reduce speed 230kts, climb 1000ft/min up to 5000ft, steep turn left/right with 45deg bank.
Then a raw data procedural VOR-DME Approach, followed by a go around and a raw data ILS to land. Then swap seats and be PM for the same thing.
Pretty fair and straight forward.
Thanks! Were there any single engine items? And was it with or without autothrust?

All this is very valuable! Thanks again!
pilotgeo is offline  
Old 26th Jun 2023, 16:34
  #20 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2023
Location: Germany
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did the assessment last week.

There is no single engine or any other failure. A/THR on.

Good Luck.
jonny93 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.