Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Terms and Endearment
Reload this Page >

What roster APP are you using?

Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

What roster APP are you using?

Old 28th Dec 2018, 10:22
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: stockholm
Posts: 3
What roster APP are you using?

Hi, do all of you have to buy an external APP (rosterbuster, myroster etc) in order to manage your rosters? Or is one provided by your airline?
Grateful for info!
YRior is offline  
Old 28th Dec 2018, 15:54
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 487
crewCONNECT. I tried RosterBuster but couldn't even log in our rostering system due to how my employer has it setup.
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 28th Dec 2018, 17:43
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: FL510
Posts: 756
DutyDroid (on Android). Recommended.
safelife is offline  
Old 28th Dec 2018, 17:52
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Universe
Posts: 10
crewapp.is

This app is unbelievably good, but must be provided by the airline
MAWEA is offline  
Old 28th Dec 2018, 18:23
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: London,England
Posts: 1,255
MccPilotlog. One off payment, great tech support and logins to most of the worlds airlines. Runs on PC or Mac with apps for
iphone and Android. You can try the software for free but if you want to be able to log in to your airline you need to pay which also
gives you cloud backups automatically.

mccPILOTLOG
Max Angle is offline  
Old 28th Dec 2018, 18:38
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 487
Originally Posted by Max Angle View Post
MccPilotlog. One off payment, great tech support and logins to most of the worlds airlines. Runs on PC or Mac with apps for
iphone and Android. You can try the software for free but if you want to be able to log in to your airline you need to pay which also
gives you cloud backups automatically.

mccPILOTLOG
I use it, too but only to log flights manually. Can't log in my roster while with the sister app crewCONNECT I can. Weird.
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 29th Dec 2018, 12:53
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: My views - Not my employer!
Posts: 941
Originally Posted by Banana Joe View Post
I use it, too but only to log flights manually. Can't log in my roster while with the sister app crewCONNECT I can. Weird.
Have you contacted them? My experience of their support has been pretty positive...
Cough is offline  
Old 29th Dec 2018, 13:41
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 487
Worth a try, I'll ask them.
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 29th Dec 2018, 16:21
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: FL410
Posts: 765
Originally Posted by Banana Joe View Post
I use it, too but only to log flights manually. Can't log in my roster while with the sister app crewCONNECT I can. Weird.
You need to have the Enterprise version, so that the cloud account is used to synch.
1) Import your roster in computer logbook, close it down (synchs to cloud);
2) Synch your mobile app, this also imports your logbook calendar file (if selected when creating mobile account)
...
3) After onboard logbook completion, synch from mobile device;
4) Open logbook on computer, completed flights are imported from cloud and process restarts;

In other words, it can be done, but you need to make use of the cloud functionality and synch your devices, it is not automatically done for you.
Skyjob is offline  
Old 30th Dec 2018, 11:00
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 373
Crew connect and MCCpilotlog. Have the enterprise version of MCC and so I don't bother manually keeping a logbook anymore. I just go into the pc app and download regularly - it is smart enough to know when you last did this and pick up the actual chock to chock times, reg numbers, pilot names etc. Job done. It goes into the cloud so in theory if you have a HDD failure then there is an offsite backup but I personally keep a backup of the logbook file. One day I might even print the thing out and get it bound if I can be bothered.
MCDU2 is offline  
Old 30th Dec 2018, 11:53
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 487
Originally Posted by Skyjob View Post
You need to have the Enterprise version, so that the cloud account is used to synch.
1) Import your roster in computer logbook, close it down (synchs to cloud);
2) Synch your mobile app, this also imports your logbook calendar file (if selected when creating mobile account)
...
3) After onboard logbook completion, synch from mobile device;
4) Open logbook on computer, completed flights are imported from cloud and process restarts;

In other words, it can be done, but you need to make use of the cloud functionality and synch your devices, it is not automatically done for you.
I have the Enterprise version. The problem is at step 1, it won't log in while crewCONNECT does. I'll send an email to support.
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 4th Jan 2019, 08:28
  #12 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: stockholm
Posts: 3
Thanks!
would you care to tell me which airline you work for?
YRior is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.