Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Wizzair

Old 8th Apr 2019, 10:53
  #801 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Posts: 7
Assessment 23-24 of april

Anybody else on the assessment on the 23rd of april, would appreciate some fresh feedback from someone. PM.
Matoy is offline  
Old 8th Apr 2019, 12:09
  #802 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: The North
Posts: 26
Wow, what an absolute ****!
geardown1 is offline  
Old 9th Apr 2019, 09:29
  #803 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Europe
Posts: 27
Are Wizzair taking direct entry captains at the moment?
Life on top is offline  
Old 10th Apr 2019, 08:02
  #804 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: United Kingdon
Posts: 34
Base and TR costs

I am looking at spending on an MCC and JOC in order to apply for Wizz as a cadet first officer and I wonder if any of you chaps could help me with a couple of queries:

1. At what point do you find out your allocated base?

2. What are the chances of getting Luton as a base (strong personal reasons)?

3. Are base transfers easy or hard?

4. Do you pay for the A320TR up front, from salary or bonded?

Thank you in advance,

RL

Last edited by rogue leader; 10th Apr 2019 at 08:02. Reason: spelling
rogue leader is offline  
Old 12th Apr 2019, 13:39
  #805 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: london
Posts: 89
Which is better? Applying directly or going through Sigma Aviation?
eiffel is online now  
Old 23rd Apr 2019, 07:56
  #806 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 914
Usually, how long does it take them to get back to you with either an invitation to Budapest or a PFO email following the video interview?
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 25th Apr 2019, 07:40
  #807 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 914
Disregard my previous question 🙂
How much can a junior FO expect to take home after tax based on a typical roster in a busy base?
And what are the busy bases besides Warsaw and Budapest.
I heard about the floating contract but I haven't found much on it.


Banana Joe is offline  
Old 25th Apr 2019, 08:32
  #808 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Toulouse
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by Banana Joe View Post
Disregard my previous question 🙂
How much can a junior FO expect to take home after tax based on a typical roster in a busy base?
And what are the busy bases besides Warsaw and Budapest.
I heard about the floating contract but I haven't found much on it.

Roasters depend on the base you are allocated. But you can expect like 6/4 or 14/7.
Salary depends on what type of contract you have (Local or Confair). Confair has low tax as it is declared in Switzerland. But around 2500-3500€ seems fair as cadet pilot not FO. You will get slightly more with a foreign contract (confair).
Floating contract, you add 600€~ of monthly allowance to your salary, roaster is 20/10 not available in all bases.
anth0ny45 is offline  
Old 25th Apr 2019, 15:19
  #809 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 914
What is the Confair contract with Wizz Air like?
I have a friend working for another operator under Confair but he will soon change due to several reasons...
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 25th Apr 2019, 16:48
  #810 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Poland
Posts: 4
Maybe its a little off topic (still Ryan Air and Wizz Air offer some of the best contracts with bases in Poland for example) but I can really not understand why so many people on the forum write stuff like "where even the employees (pilots that is) think it is OK to bend the contracts, avoid taxes, disrespect the labour laws and just fire anybody who would like to form a trade union".

While in reality one of the greatest financial bonuses in the pilot job is that you are: FREE. By that I mean you can have your place of residence almost everywhere in the world and get a decent paying job. What can be greater than being able to move to another country if for example a socialist government (or any other you dislike) get elected or a government that wish to restrict your personal freedom? Its almost like with stock trading the greatest financial and social benefit of the job to live wherever the politics of the nation suit you.
KT1988 is offline  
Old 25th Apr 2019, 20:59
  #811 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: london
Posts: 89
Any feedback on "Wizz Interview Preparation" package sold on latespilotjob.com ? Is it accurate? Usefull? Other similar package available around?
eiffel is online now  
Old 26th Apr 2019, 00:46
  #812 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Germany
Posts: 17

Originally Posted by KT1988 View Post
Maybe its a little off topic (still Ryan Air and Wizz Air offer some of the best contracts with bases in Poland for example) but I can really not understand why so many people on the forum write stuff like "where even the employees (pilots that is) think it is OK to bend the contracts, avoid taxes, disrespect the labour laws and just fire anybody who would like to form a trade union".

While in reality one of the greatest financial bonuses in the pilot job is that you are: FREE. By that I mean you can have your place of residence almost everywhere in the world and get a decent paying job. What can be greater than being able to move to another country if for example a socialist government (or any other you dislike) get elected or a government that wish to restrict your personal freedom? Its almost like with stock trading the greatest financial and social benefit of the job to live wherever the politics of the nation suit you.
Maybe it’s because you are barely legal by not paying taxes. You are operating on the edge of the law. Some people got family, house and don’t want to wake up with the financial police in their house taking everything apart. And some people want to be a positive contribute to society. And sometimes it’s a good idea to have social security ... the money WizzAir pays is not enough to be “free” of decent Social Security System. I would not want to end up with Romanian social security, pension and health insurance .... and some people want to live at home and not anywhere in the world !

in reality you don’t make a deal with government you make a deal with the society you are living in. Safety, security is the first deal you do in any society.. and it restricts already your freedom .. the price is adherence to the law ...

Last edited by flyster; 26th Apr 2019 at 01:18.
flyster is offline  
Old 26th Apr 2019, 10:52
  #813 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Poland
Posts: 4
@Flytster: Well you have to pay the legal tax of course but you are free to choose where you live as a pilot. For example as a pilot I can live in Poland and pay the minimal ZUS for companies + 19 % linear tax for companies (I am not yet done with my fATPL + FI but I own a plane that I rent) instead of for example 47 % tax in Norway and extra tax on everything you can imagine is fun to have (like a car) in your daily life + tax if you own more than about 150 000 Euro (because you keep investing your money for example instead of spending it wildly on unnecessary things). And its not barely legal but 100 % legal to live wherever you wish to live in Europe if you are a pilot and you have to pay the tax in the country where your company is active. As a pilot you are actually flying everywhere where the airline want you to so some people can probably have an official base in Switzerland and where they do actually live depends on where they are actually performing their work for the airline. As for me the Polish system is currently good enough after living in Norway its almost as a tax free heaven. As for social security, pension, health insurance.... you get much more "bang for your buck" if you buy private insurance and keep saving your money in some stock fund or keep investing in aircraft, flats, homes for rent literally anything (except for risky shares or scams) will be much much much better than government programs that are invented to make you pay more than you get back as pension.

PS. You do not make a deal with society, over 50 % of society do not even vote. You are being governed by politicians and as a pilot in addition to having the best job in the world (Its almost not a job (maybe except the paperwork bit) because its fun and enjoyable so its almost as being paid to do something you love) you are able to say "I do not like this government so I move somewhere where the government suit me". Try that with any other land based job (other than being a stock trader) without knowing the local language to where you wish to move.
KT1988 is offline  
Old 26th Apr 2019, 11:08
  #814 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Earth
Posts: 20
The salary varies slightly from base to base due to local tax, all though they do a apply a multiplier to the salary to compensate for higher living costs and taxes in some countries, the aim of that is to have a somewhat equal salary through out the network. It's by no means perfect and some ppl defo earn more than others. With that said, you can roughly say a junior FO will take home 2500-3500 after tax before bond deduction. About Confair, some countries allow it some dont, you will earn more money on confair but you still have to pay the tax eventually. Without a good tax adviser I don't know how anyone can determine who and where to pay the tax and how much you will gain or save..

No chance to get WAW or BUD as a base, waiting list is a couple of years at least and if you are not from there, forget about it.

Busy bases, Luton, Romanian bases, SKP. You will get your 900 per year.
hugmie is offline  
Old 26th Apr 2019, 12:11
  #815 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 914
Thanks hugmie. How busy are Katowice and Gdansk base? A friend of mine is going to be based in Krakow and I expect also that base to get bigger over time. Is Vienna also hard/next to impossible to to get like WAW?
As for Luton, do they require to transfer the license to the UK CAA to operate under the UK AOC?

Last edited by Banana Joe; 26th Apr 2019 at 12:32.
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 26th Apr 2019, 13:44
  #816 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,218
Originally Posted by KT1988 View Post
@Flytster: Well you have to pay the legal tax of course but you are free to choose where you live as a pilot. For example as a pilot I can live in Poland and pay the minimal ZUS for companies + 19 % linear tax for companies (I am not yet done with my fATPL + FI but I own a plane that I rent) instead of for example 47 % tax in Norway and extra tax on everything you can imagine is fun to have (like a car) in your daily life + tax if you own more than about 150 000 Euro (because you keep investing your money for example instead of spending it wildly on unnecessary things). And its not barely legal but 100 % legal to live wherever you wish to live in Europe if you are a pilot and you have to pay the tax in the country where your company is active. As a pilot you are actually flying everywhere where the airline want you to so some people can probably have an official base in Switzerland and where they do actually live depends on where they are actually performing their work for the airline. As for me the Polish system is currently good enough after living in Norway its almost as a tax free heaven. As for social security, pension, health insurance.... you get much more "bang for your buck" if you buy private insurance and keep saving your money in some stock fund or keep investing in aircraft, flats, homes for rent literally anything (except for risky shares or scams) will be much much much better than government programs that are invented to make you pay more than you get back as pension.

PS. You do not make a deal with society, over 50 % of society do not even vote. You are being governed by politicians and as a pilot in addition to having the best job in the world (Its almost not a job (maybe except the paperwork bit) because its fun and enjoyable so its almost as being paid to do something you love) you are able to say "I do not like this government so I move somewhere where the government suit me". Try that with any other land based job (other than being a stock trader) without knowing the local language to where you wish to move.
I struggle to see or understand what you are trying to say. As it does seems you lack some basic skills in grammar. Maybe some punctuation, commas and space between the lines would help. I recommend you study this before sending out your CV.

First of all you pay taxes in the country you live, not necessary in the country you work, in the case you are commuting. Double tax treaty.
See how great a society is if you break your foot, or loose your medical, temporary unfit etc., and how much Wizz will pay you a month? You might believe you are invincible when you are 18 or 23, but sooner or later you will most likely want to have a family, you probably will have a few children, who you want to send to school to get a good education. You will buy your car in Poland, send them to a Polish school, and when you get sick with Wizz, your pay will be at best 25% of your normal salary. As they don't have such great benefits as you might have in Norway.

Now I am getting a slight sense of where you come from, what would your opportunities have been if your parents have had the same views and acted on them? Obviously you are paying less tax, you are making less money, there are less things in your society to support you if your life does not work as you expect it to.
Norway is not a Socialist country, I suggest you teach yourself the definition of a socialist country, because you have no idea.
You have had free education, free health care, and live in a society well advanced of Poland, no offence towards the Polish, however you can not compare lifestyle, quality of life in Poland and Norway.
You have had benefits in Norway, that people from Poland can only dream of, and trust me I have traveled extensively in Poland, and I would not move there just because I would be paying less tax.

You are talking from extremely selfish view, with no idea of the reality. As you are studying your ATPL theory at the moment, and you believe your dream job, will always be this for you, I can assure you after 12 months with Wizz, your views will have changed 180 degrees.
I have seen multiple guys after working between 6 - 12 months with Wizz, leave aviation, to never return to flying again, both FO's and Captains.

How much do you think it will cost you every month if you was going to pay for private healthcare, private insurance for both health care and sickpay, private schools for your children, maybe private fire services too? Police?
You have no idea of how lucky you are, equally you have no idea of what you are talking about.

Wizz is a company that stretches every legal limit they can, and they will even go beyond the legal limits when and if they can get away with it. And they prey on naive ignorant people like you to do it.
I say to all Wizz is a good start to get experience, but don't get stuck there, as I assure you it will kill your love for the job very quickly.

I have to admit the last part of your statement makes you sound like you might only be 14, fjortis, do you think only Pilots can live in different countries then where they come from?
2unlimited is offline  
Old 26th Apr 2019, 15:07
  #817 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Close to you
Posts: 178
Originally Posted by 2unlimited View Post
I struggle to see or understand what you are trying to say. As it does seems you lack some basic skills in grammar. Maybe some punctuation, commas and space between the lines would help. I recommend you study this before sending out your CV.

First of all you pay taxes in the country you live, not necessary in the country you work, in the case you are commuting. Double tax treaty.
See how great a society is if you break your foot, or loose your medical, temporary unfit etc., and how much Wizz will pay you a month? You might believe you are invincible when you are 18 or 23, but sooner or later you will most likely want to have a family, you probably will have a few children, who you want to send to school to get a good education. You will buy your car in Poland, send them to a Polish school, and when you get sick with Wizz, your pay will be at best 25% of your normal salary. As they don't have such great benefits as you might have in Norway.

Now I am getting a slight sense of where you come from, what would your opportunities have been if your parents have had the same views and acted on them? Obviously you are paying less tax, you are making less money, there are less things in your society to support you if your life does not work as you expect it to.
Norway is not a Socialist country, I suggest you teach yourself the definition of a socialist country, because you have no idea.
You have had free education, free health care, and live in a society well advanced of Poland, no offence towards the Polish, however you can not compare lifestyle, quality of life in Poland and Norway.
You have had benefits in Norway, that people from Poland can only dream of, and trust me I have traveled extensively in Poland, and I would not move there just because I would be paying less tax.

You are talking from extremely selfish view, with no idea of the reality. As you are studying your ATPL theory at the moment, and you believe your dream job, will always be this for you, I can assure you after 12 months with Wizz, your views will have changed 180 degrees.
I have seen multiple guys after working between 6 - 12 months with Wizz, leave aviation, to never return to flying again, both FO's and Captains.

How much do you think it will cost you every month if you was going to pay for private healthcare, private insurance for both health care and sickpay, private schools for your children, maybe private fire services too? Police?
You have no idea of how lucky you are, equally you have no idea of what you are talking about.

Wizz is a company that stretches every legal limit they can, and they will even go beyond the legal limits when and if they can get away with it. And they prey on naive ignorant people like you to do it.
I say to all Wizz is a good start to get experience, but don't get stuck there, as I assure you it will kill your love for the job very quickly.

I have to admit the last part of your statement makes you sound like you might only be 14, fjortis, do you think only Pilots can live in different countries then where they come from?

very very well put 2unlimited.
as a half Pole myself, having lived whole of my life in a “socialist” country in Scandinavia, with a few adult years abroad in the Eastern Promises I could not agree more with what you say.
i can also relate in a way to the views of our antagonist. Having multiple close friends, and family in the same region.
there are deep scars in their population regarding “socialism” from the oppression from the soviet times. This explains the views of especially young people with especially well paid jobs, mostly everyone will look for a way to cheat / “beat” the taxation system.

dcoded is offline  
Old 26th Apr 2019, 15:33
  #818 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Earth
Posts: 20
@bananna joe
Honestly not so sure on the status of all the bases, it's said that the all the Polish bases are quite busy but also tough to get as a base, unless you are Polish and from that base and then you still have to wait some time. I don't think you have to move your licence to UK CAA, not initially anyway.
Your best bet is to go and do the interview and if you make it to the panel, ask them all the questions about bases, they wont bull shit you. It's a decent gig all round, the tax and confair stuff is all a bunch of shit but unfortunately it is what it is. On the other hand it's a stable job, excellent training nice people.
Regards the LTN base, ppl are happy there from the most part, and the skippers are earning decent money and have a lot of time off.
hugmie is offline  
Old 26th Apr 2019, 15:55
  #819 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Europe
Posts: 35
Originally Posted by KT1988 View Post
@Flytster: Well you have to pay the legal tax of course but you are free to choose where you live as a pilot. For example as a pilot I can live in Poland and pay the minimal ZUS for companies + 19 % linear tax for companies
This is NOT legal in Poland!. Yes, people do that, and yes, the revenue service so far didn't challenge it too often, because they lack proper instruments to do it and also because LOT heavily relies on that to gain edge over competition (and LOT is a poster boy for the current ruling party). But that could change very soon, they want to change the law to force those people into proper employment contract - and it will be no tax heaven any more, 18/32% income tax + 20% social contribution is what every employee should be legally paying in Poland.
BarryMG is offline  
Old 26th Apr 2019, 16:35
  #820 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Poland
Posts: 4
@2unlimited: I lived for 20 years in Norway (since I was 8 years old plus I was born there) so I know what I am talking about its hell on earth for anyone who wish to be free and not have to pay for people who do not want to work ever. The state is everywhere with you and I believe it will soon even be inside peoples homes (they already made a law about smoking inside PRIVATE cars). As for other jobs of course there are many that can let you work in different countries but none of them can be compared to the joy of flying plus 90 % include a decrease of salary that make up for the lower tax. So do not write stuff like fjortis before you have actually lived there. I also enjoy other stuff than only low taxes in places like Poland or Germany. For example you can drive 330 km/h on autobahn and no one will put you in jail for it like in Norway (only nation in the World I believe that can jail you for speeding on an empty autobahn its something like 165 km/h on autobahn and you go to jail, on the other side a criminal can like kill 80 people and do not get more than 21 years in jail....) and you can actually afford a car that can go 330 km/h cause it cost the normal price and not 3x the price after getting taxed. I do also enjoy the freedom of for example being able to call a taxi 2:00 in the night and ask it to bring more vodka to my party legally from a legal shop because its me who decide when I have free time to party not the state or politicians who shall decide when to do what (In Norway you can only buy alcohol at vinmonopolet and it close 18:00 and 16:00 on Saturday, and it affect only normal people cause the alcoholics buy from smugglers + hamster the stuff at home). The absolutely only thing that is not regulated in Norway are boats there in fact you do not even need a practical exam to steer a boat up to 15 meter (except theory exam) and you are totally free except some few zones with speed limits + you get tax free fuel for the boat.... but its probably about culture many people there love the sea so politicians trying to control the boats would loose too many votes.

As for stuff like insurance, security.... I already told you having private insurance give you much more money than the state even in Norway plus you get healthcare with no queue like in Norway. As for schools there are schools in Poland just like in Norway plus you can actually send your kids to a real private school in Poland where they get real dedicated teachers while in Norway only religious private schools are allowed on levels below university/college. As for pension as I said you do not have to spend everything you earn you can actually save and invest.... and get a lot more than the state would ever give you in pension. As for the law.... well in Poland we have functional police much better than in Norway actually. Cause if someone murder your family in Poland you can be sure the murderer get lifetime sentence. While in Norway someone can kill your family then get out after 21 years of jail and laugh in your face and its absolutely true just check the Norwegian system and max jail sentences. All the time while they put people in jail for speeding they give "strafferabatt" to serial rapists etc.

As for the standard of living of course its great in Scandinavia...... for those who do not wish to work or wish to get free stuff from the state (the free stuff is actually hard worked for by those who work and pay taxes) about 1 in 3 people in age 18 - 67 do not work in Norway and receive money for free in Norway. That kind of society that tax you the harder the harder you work..... the only thing it accomplish is to make people lazy. Who will work hard if the state is just gonna tax you more and give it to those who do not wish to work (even chronic alcoholism is an illness in Norway, I personally know of people who laugh and say the state force them to drink to pretend to be alcoholics to get free money). Thats why I can not understand how on earth its possible that people who actually had to work (you cannot just become pilot in the way you pass a Norwegian school by doing nothing) to become pilots can wish such a system upon themselves and their fellow pilots.

@dcoded: Maybe you lived in Sweden or Denmark, cause otherwise if you lived even a week in Poland (while speaking Polish ofc.) I can not understand how you could manage to go back to Norway... for me being on holiday every year in Poland was enough to know I would never ever wish to spend my entire life in Norway. So I worked all the time to save cash to be able to invest so I could become a pilot and have investments that make me independent from the salary (that way I do not need to choose what gives most money when looking for pilot jobs when I am done) and to move away from Norway.


Its getting off topic, but since so many people attack Wizz Air so I had to just say that Wizz Air and Ryan Air are offering actually money wise (not everyone need the maximum salary from pilotage some people choose it to enjoy flying), because if you want to fly wide body then LOT is the only option with a 787 and base in Poland) the best possible contracts you can get with a base in Poland unless there are some airlines I do not know about, operating from Poland that offer more.

PS. @BarryMG: Its absolutely legal in Poland and not only LOT does it but also Ryan Air (one of ATPL lecturers is a FO in Ryan Air) and from what I heard Enter Air and Wizz Air too. And its perfectly legal according to my bookkeeper, you make a company that deliver transport and instructing(teaching) service. And then you make an invoice and list the block hours for example. It is being used by a lot of people not only pilots, everyone from plumbers to carpenters and its perfectly legal. They wanted to change it but the politicians withdrew from changing the law (it would not affect me either way because I also own a plane that I rent so sending an invoice to only one company would not include me but I am happy for everyone else who get to keep their low flat tax). BTW 20 % social contribution WTF? I never heard about it, we only pay ZUS in Poland and its fixed for companies, for employees the employer have to pay it (like arbeidsgiver avgift in Norway). And normally you can deduce everything from tax for example buying a phone cause you need a phone to contact potential students as an instructor, a car cause you need to drive to potential renters or customers (students), drive to the airport to do your flying for the airline, PC cause you need to have a program to run your company, etc. itd. + you do not have to do the stuff with the tax man yourself, it cost about 300 PLN per month to have a professional company take care of all the stuff to be done properly and 100 % legally (no risk of taxman on your door).

Last edited by KT1988; 26th Apr 2019 at 17:31.
KT1988 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.