Tech Log The very best in practical technical discussion on the web

Max: CG

Old 17th Mar 2019, 10:01
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Wengen
Age: 48
Posts: 363
Max: CG

Not sure if this has been covered.
Is the Max's new CG giving W & B problems la A321/A346?
*
Winnerhofer is offline  
Old 18th Mar 2019, 05:28
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: WA STATE
Age: 73
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by Winnerhofer View Post
Not sure if this has been covered.
Is the Max's new CG giving W & B problems la A321/A346?
*
NO NO NO
Please read seattletimes article

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...ion-air-crash/
CONSO is offline  
Old 18th Mar 2019, 07:57
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 9,627
Originally Posted by Winnerhofer View Post
Not sure if this has been covered.
Is the Max's new CG giving W & B problems la A321/A346?
Some carriers have reportedly encountered W&B limitations on the 737NG too, because of the nature of their operation.

PPRuNe: Ryanair Weight and Balance Issues?
DaveReidUK is online now  
Old 18th Mar 2019, 09:35
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: FL410
Posts: 811
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK View Post
Some carriers have reportedly encountered W&B limitations on the 737NG too, because of the nature of their operation.

PPRuNe: Ryanair Weight and Balance Issues?
Referring to a post from a decade ago, since then procedures have changed a lot, as has this airline...
Skyjob is offline  
Old 18th Mar 2019, 13:35
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 9,627
Originally Posted by Skyjob View Post
Referring to a post from a decade ago, since then procedures have changed a lot, as has this airline...
Yes, I'd be surprised if 10 years wasn't enough time to develop a workaround. The aircraft itself hasn't changed, of course.
DaveReidUK is online now  
Old 19th Mar 2019, 09:44
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: FL410
Posts: 811
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK View Post
Yes, I'd be surprised if 10 years wasn't enough time to develop a workaround. The aircraft itself hasn't changed, of course.
Think what the problem was in those days was the free seating policy, creating a situation where weight would invariably shift forward.
Added to that the baggage policy to load bags in hold 2 in front of wings, adding to a nose heavy scenario.
With longer flights, more centre fuel required, CG moves forward, resulting in a pile up of forward weights.
The weight and balance limits were further limited by company to create an artificial additional safety layer, many companies do this, just compare FPPM cg envelope vs OMB published.
Skyjob is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.