Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > South Asia and the Far East
Reload this Page >

Spicejet fails to pay expatriate pilots final salaries since February

South Asia and the Far East News and views on the fast growing and changing aviation scene on the planet.

Spicejet fails to pay expatriate pilots final salaries since February

Old 23rd Dec 2020, 15:18
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Abroad
Posts: 3
Spicejet fails to pay expatriate pilots final salaries since February

Spicejet has failed to pay the expat pilots laid off in February. All were told that this would be done 45 days after final paperwork was completed but it has now been 9 months. This is not the first group of expat pilots to be cheated out of their last monthís salary upon leaving. Countless letters and calls to Spicejet by the latest group are ignored.
A warning to potential new expat hires, ask about this issue before signing on with Spicejet. You will work your last month for free and have to buy you own ticket to return home. This is the normal practice at SpiceJet. Donít believe anything else.
Loyalist is offline  
Old 26th Dec 2020, 00:07
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Yes
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Loyalist View Post
Spicejet has failed to pay the expat pilots laid off in February. All were told that this would be done 45 days after final paperwork was completed but it has now been 9 months. This is not the first group of expat pilots to be cheated out of their last monthís salary upon leaving. Countless letters and calls to Spicejet by the latest group are ignored.
A warning to potential new expat hires, ask about this issue before signing on with Spicejet. You will work your last month for free and have to buy you own ticket to return home. This is the normal practice at SpiceJet. Donít believe anything else.
Now why doesn.t that surprise me? I did time there years ago. SOP for that outfit was break the contract. They just can.t help themselves. Because they are less than honest, they are of the opinion everyone else is dishonest.
RichardJones is offline  
Old 27th Dec 2020, 14:33
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mumbai
Age: 51
Posts: 7
Take them to the courts in your respective jurisdictions. There is no point complaining here.
piperjim is offline  
Old 28th Dec 2020, 05:36
  #4 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Abroad
Posts: 3
The point of the post is to make others aware that if you join Spicejet as an expat you will probably be shafted as well.
Loyalist is offline  
Old 28th Dec 2020, 17:37
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: No
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by piperjim View Post
Take them to the courts in your respective jurisdictions. There is no point complaining here.
He was not complaining. This is a PPRuNe after all. He was just advising future prospective pilots what might happen to them as well.

Sooner or later this pandemic will be over. And IndiGo will start hiring again. And 97.2% SpiceJet pilots will do what is their lifetime goal - to work for IndiGo.
And SpiceJet will run out of young ones willing to pay 45-60 Lakh extortion.
Then perhaps SpiceJet will be hiring again and slowly start even paying their staff.
Polar.Bear is offline  
Old 29th Dec 2020, 07:18
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 25
In full honesty, I think SpiceJet wills survive just from the pay to fly locals. They charge their cadet pilots approximately 150,000 USD for training from beginning to 737 rating. And they have no shortage of those, they actually cant accept everyone who applies since they fill up every time in batches of 30.

From the expats perspective its just the Indian mentality of screwing you over once you've done the job you were required to do for them. What can you do once you've left the country ? Nothing. So they just drag you along till you give up on trying to get your pay.
Bored_Aviator is offline  
Old 29th Dec 2020, 17:20
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Poland
Posts: 18
I'm not surprised. This is not the only one company!
Another one European company BH Air has lot of pilots and cabin crews unpaid since last February after they were fired!
obelix360 is offline  
Old 4th Jan 2021, 13:28
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: No
Posts: 2
Originally Posted by obelix360 View Post
I'm not surprised. This is not the only one company!
Another one European company BH Air has lot of pilots and cabin crews unpaid since last February after they were fired!
Apparently BH Air wet-leased two A320 to SpiceJet just before pandemic. They were told to leave once pandemic started. Then I hear some payment issues in between. Who knows, if SpiceJet paid them up, perhaps BH could have paid their workers too?
Polar.Bear is offline  
Old 5th Jan 2021, 12:28
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SAYE
Posts: 248
Originally Posted by piperjim View Post
Take them to the courts in your respective jurisdictions. There is no point complaining here.
You certainly do not seem to understand how the courts work in your neck of the woods... or maybe you do!
avionimc is offline  
Old 6th Jan 2021, 09:11
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: lagos
Posts: 821
Retainer for Indian lawyer very cheap , can have many skills like get US green card
pfvspnf is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.