South Asia and the Far East News and views on the fast growing and changing aviation scene on the planet.

Malaysia Airlines

Reply

Old 2nd Apr 2018, 04:12
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Everyplace
Posts: 237
Malaysia Airlines

whats the salary for a 737 Captain there? Thanks
7Q Off is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 5th Apr 2018, 13:20
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Below the tropopause
Posts: 358
Expat 737 DEC pay and conditions info requested

Also;
-is it a multi year contract or full time?
-What are the conditions like at MH for an expat?
-Any possibility of a fleet change after x amount of years?

Any info on the contract and conditions would be much appreciated! Looking at expat DEC 737.

PM welcome!
High Energy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2018, 05:01
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Below the tropopause
Posts: 358
Regardring the below. Does anyone have any info? Or knows someone who works at MH? PM's are welcome!
High Energy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2018, 08:59
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Saigon
Posts: 19
I think they are still ironing out the T&C for expat pilots. I don't think it going to be anything exciting.
MeLuvUlongtime is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 13th Sep 2018, 09:24
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 107
Hi guys/gals,

Any news on the 330 gig for expats?

cheers,

booze
booze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 13th Sep 2018, 10:05
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the land of never never!
Posts: 243
Hi

Originally Posted by booze View Post
Hi guys/gals,

Any news on the 330 gig for expats?

cheers,

booze
can you tell me if you've seen this for Dec ?
I've seen a few adverts but all be defo so far.
thanks
one day soon is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 13th Sep 2018, 10:30
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 107
Originally Posted by one day soon View Post
can you tell me if you've seen this for Dec ?
I've seen a few adverts but all be defo so far.
thanks
​​​On their website.
booze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 13th Sep 2018, 13:19
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In the land of never never!
Posts: 243
Originally Posted by booze View Post
​​​On their website.
Thanks, now if only it gave the details you asked for!
one day soon is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2018, 05:40
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In someone pocket
Posts: 1,089
If you are a captain rated on Airbus... try Air Asia. they pay lot more than MAS. All contract until local terms. Dont want to upset the MAS pilot union now... MAS capt.basic b737 = 6Kusd, expect monthly around <10K. FO. basic 3k = 5500usd. All rank = no housing, education, transport, YOU need to pay tax 10% on your basic pay. flight pay tax free. you get ID travel, 1 free family ticket per year on MH destination. medical,and insurance and annual 21days off

Thats why they losing pilots to Malindo, airasia, middle east and asia.

BTW interview is on your dime (hotel and airfare, and the air law exams).
jetjockey696 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2018, 13:39
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by jetjockey696 View Post
If you are a captain rated on Airbus... try Air Asia. they pay lot more than MAS. All contract until local terms. Dont want to upset the MAS pilot union now... MAS capt.basic b737 = 6Kusd, expect monthly around <10K. FO. basic 3k = 5500usd. All rank = no housing, education, transport, YOU need to pay tax 10% on your basic pay. flight pay tax free. you get ID travel, 1 free family ticket per year on MH destination. medical,and insurance and annual 21days off

Thats why they losing pilots to Malindo, airasia, middle east and asia.

BTW interview is on your dime (hotel and airfare, and the air law exams).
I thought air asia pilots were leaving to MAS for the better benefits/pay ?
Bored_Aviator is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2018, 15:48
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 107
Thanks guys! I've also heard various rumors either way that guys/gals are migrating from one to the other. The only fact at the moment is the Air Asia package based in KL. Nothing official out of MAS for now...
booze is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service