Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Terms and Endearment
Reload this Page >

Pay protected trips standard in European airlines?

Wikiposts
Search
Terms and Endearment The forum the bean counters hoped would never happen. Your news on pay, rostering, allowances, extras and negotiations where you work - scheduled, charter or contract.

Pay protected trips standard in European airlines?

Search this Thread

Old 21st Feb 2020, 08:53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pay protected trips standard in European airlines?

I am wondering if "pay protected" trips are standard in Europe or not. I can speak only from my experience and this seemed to be more of a standard in the US - certainly isn't in my current company. To clarify, I mean when I am flying my published roster and being over monthly guarantee company cancels the last trip of the month for whatever the reason (A/C type change etc.) I drop below guarantee and not get paid jack for that trip but only the guarantee salary now. When "pay protected" you get what was published in the roster as a minimum.

Mostly interested in hearing how is this in Flag Carriers / Legacy airlines but also Loco.
Old 21st Feb 2020, 09:13

In Holland(klm) we get paid the same every month. Doesn’t matter if we fly 0 hours or 100hours.
Old 21st Feb 2020, 09:50

Originally Posted by tume
I am wondering if "pay protected" trips are standard in Europe or not. I can speak only from my experience and this seemed to be more of a standard in the US - certainly isn't in my current company. To clarify, I mean when I am flying my published roster and being over monthly guarantee company cancels the last trip of the month for whatever the reason (A/C type change etc.) I drop below guarantee and not get paid jack for that trip but only the guarantee salary now. When "pay protected" you get what was published in the roster as a minimum.

Mostly interested in hearing how is this in Flag Carriers / Legacy airlines but also Loco.
In Ryanair it doesn’t work like that either. Regardless of the contract type, if you don’t fly you won’t get the flight pay.

Happened a few times to show up for work and having the flights removed once already in the crew room: flight pay lost and a day flushed down the toilet.

Probably fault of the Boeing MAX delays/Brexit/Crew surplus.

AGB
Old 21st Feb 2020, 10:38

It depends on the employer. In my case I have a high basic salary, and the more days I fly, the more perdiems I get.
There is no flight pay.
Old 21st Feb 2020, 11:57

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
I receive a basic salary which I get regardless of what flying I do. About 20% of my overall gross pay is made up of flying pay, overtime, allowances etc.
Old 21st Feb 2020, 14:52

Originally Posted by anson harris
I receive a basic salary which I get regardless of what flying I do. About 20% of my overall gross pay is made up of flying pay, overtime, allowances etc.
Everywheres different, i’m 80% salary, 20% extras, if I lose a trip, I don’t get the extras however if I report for duty and flight is lost, I get paid a minimum credit which i think is 6 credits (pretty much the same as hours) or around £90