Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Flight Deck Forums > Rumours & News
Reload this Page >

Some Airlines in China start claiming from boeing

Rumours & News Reporting Points that may affect our jobs or lives as professional pilots. Also, items that may be of interest to professional pilots.

Some Airlines in China start claiming from boeing

Old 23rd May 2019, 03:29
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: blue earch
Posts: 29
Some Airlines in China start claiming from boeing

I think once Boeing confirmed the issue of 737MAX, some airlines in china claiming compensation for grounding 737MAX and also for delivery delays,,

what if all the airlines who has 737MAX does the same?
It could adversely affect the industry..
flysmiless is offline  
Old 23rd May 2019, 04:44
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Harbour Master Place
Posts: 540
Originally Posted by flysmiless View Post
I think once Boeing confirmed the issue of 737MAX, some airlines in china claiming compensation for grounding 737MAX and also for delivery delays,,

what if all the airlines who has 737MAX does the same?
It could adversely affect the industry..
The US breaks Huawei: IF HUAWEI LOSES ARM'S CHIP DESIGNS, IT'S TOAST, China breaks Boeing. Welcome to the trade war going hot.
CurtainTwitcher is offline  
Old 23rd May 2019, 08:23
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 1998
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,907
Originally Posted by flysmiless View Post
what if all the airlines who has 737MAX does the same?
ALL airlines will expect compensation from Boeing.
Groundloop is offline  
Old 25th May 2019, 22:05
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Asia
Posts: 435
If Huawei can't use Google then the B737Max won't be allowed to fly in Chinese airspace due to "safety concerns" even if all the other regulators agree to Boeing's fix.
krismiler is offline  
Old 26th May 2019, 07:24
  #5 (permalink)  

Only half a speed-brake
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Commuting home
Age: 41
Posts: 2,419
krismiler, I think a smart chess player would not use that piece for this particular move
- huawei knows how to not use Google, since they are not allowed to do that back home anyway
- Chinese airlines need the aircraft

OTOH, having a surprise discovery of patent infringement in ARM processors necessitating a ban of use in PRC - I'd be adding popcorn to my shopping list. Not aviation related though.
FlightDetent is offline  
Old 26th May 2019, 11:34
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Leeds, UK
Posts: 264
Originally Posted by FlightDetent View Post

OTOH, having a surprise discovery of patent infringement in ARM processors necessitating a ban of use in PRC - I'd be adding popcorn to my shopping list. Not aviation related though.
it'd be time to find out if the chips have a kill switch in them somewhere..

G
groundbum is offline  
Old 26th May 2019, 12:44
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: IL, USA
Posts: 9
The “Google” in question with Huawei is not search, it is a core part of the Android phone operating system, which is essential and is used worldwide including China.
sansmoteur is offline  
Old 26th May 2019, 16:31
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: uk
Posts: 750
Originally Posted by sansmoteur View Post
The “Google” in question with Huawei is not search, it is a core part of the Android phone operating system, which is essential and is used worldwide including China.
Heading way OT, but... no it is not core operating system and not essential. The problem is not really Android itself but the Google apps and services. These are irrelevant in China because they are pretty much all blocked anyway, in China they use WeChat to do almost everything instead and they also have own their app stores, as Google Play is blocked too. The problem is that outside China most people use the Google apps and services, partly because they are installed by default on every Android device.

Popcorn time if Huawei uses this to try and push Chinese App stores, apps and services out to the western world - they might just have the market share to make it work. Be more than a little ironic if an attempt to block Chinese tech due to alleged backdoors leads to a large chunk of the western smartphone market switching to use app stores and services in China.
infrequentflyer789 is offline  
Old 26th May 2019, 16:57
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: UK
Age: 55
Posts: 14
Will the MAX return with a hefty insurance hike?
Redlands is offline  
Old 27th May 2019, 04:54
  #10 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: blue earch
Posts: 29
[COLOR=start=#222222]So altogether there about 482 737's (figures are not accurate though)..

Air China - 143
China Southern - 213
China Eastern - 126[/COLOR][COLOR=start=#222222]

So this gives a huge impact to Boeing as well as to airlines in china,,
Just image if they are to replace those aircraft,,[/COLOR]
flysmiless is offline  
Old 27th May 2019, 05:07
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: in the barrel
Posts: 75
Originally Posted by infrequentflyer789 View Post
Popcorn time if Huawei uses this to try and push Chinese App stores, apps and services out to the western world - they might just have the market share to make it work. Be more than a little ironic if an attempt to block Chinese tech due to alleged backdoors leads to a large chunk of the western smartphone market switching to use app stores and services in China.
With China‘s reputation of hacking, spying, back doors, kill switches, censorship and more, it‘s hard to believe that anyone outside China would accept a Chinese appstore or any other Chinese software ecosystem.
Not that the oh-so-free-and-democratic western world would not do all the evil stuff China is blamed for, but that‘s what is in the mind of the public.
AviatorDave is offline  
Old 27th May 2019, 06:54
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Canberra
Posts: 0
Originally Posted by AviatorDave View Post
With China‘s reputation of hacking, spying, back doors, kill switches, censorship and more, it‘s hard to believe that anyone outside China would accept a Chinese appstore or any other Chinese software ecosystem.
As distinct from google's T&C's that let them do anything, collect anything, give your data to anyone, and they are likely to discontinue at any time, and you have to agree with before they let you use their apps.
Dee Vee is offline  
Old 27th May 2019, 08:58
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Central Italy
Posts: 45
Originally Posted by AviatorDave View Post
Not that the oh-so-free-and-democratic western world would not do all the evil stuff China is blamed for
Reliable sources tell us the 'merkins have been at it for quite a while:
* Backdoored Cisco routers
* Belgacom hack
* and so on and so forth...
olandese_volante is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.