Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies)
Reload this Page >

Documents needed for training in Poland help

Professional Pilot Training (includes ground studies) A forum for those on the steep path to that coveted professional licence. Whether studying for the written exams, training for the flight tests or building experience here's where you can hang out.

Documents needed for training in Poland help

Old 6th May 2021, 10:01
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2
Question Documents needed for training in Poland help

I'm going to Bartolini Air to do my MEP, ME/IR and CPL this July. I'm from the UK. Need some help on what documents I need and how expensive/ timescale to get them is.

1. MEDICAL- I've asked a few people and they say I have to get an initial Class 1 medical again but this time from Poland. I have a UK Class 1 already it just needs revalidated. Do I have to get a Polish medical and if so can I get it from somewhere close to home (I'm from Scotland). If I get it in Poland how long will it take to come through?

2. VISA- I am unable to get to London to visit the embassy because of COVID, finances and work. Will they issue a VISA via email and is a VISA definitely necessary?

3. ULC PERMIT- I have my passport certified but don't have a valid medical currently (see above). Can I still send away for this?
rcalvert99 is offline  
Old 6th May 2021, 14:34
  #2 (permalink)  
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Europe
Age: 31
Posts: 69
You do have to get an initial EASA Class 1 medical, but it does not have to be a Polish one. Do you need a Polish licence for some reason or is any EASA licence okay? Do you speak Polish?
Any EASA authority can process your training/licences conducted at EASA ATOs, with EASA examiners etc.. If you don't specifically need a Polish licence then pick an authority that is known for working efficiently, speaking good English, being practical etc. The Austrian, Maltese, Danish and Irish authorities have good reputations in this regard. I can't speak for the Polish, maybe they are good, but there will definitely be a language barrier as Poles don't have a great level of English in general.

The EASA Member State which holds your medical records will also be the state which will issue your licence.

Look for an Aero Medical Centre that has EASA approval. A quick Google search got me to this AMC in Edinburgh: https://www.scotlandaeromedical.co.u...ass-1-medicals
Ring them and ask if they can do your EASA Class 1 and under which authority.

I believe there is another AMC in Prestwick, but I do not know whether they issue EASA medicals or only UK.
Central Scrutinizer is offline  
Old 6th May 2021, 14:39
  #3 (permalink)  
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: in the sky
Posts: 106
1. I would have thought you will need a EASA Class 1 Medical. As the CAA is not in EASA any more....
2. Ask the consulate: https://www.gov.pl/web/unitedkingdom...late-edinburgh
3. No idea, ask the Flight School
Brian Pern is offline  
Old 7th May 2021, 09:21
  #4 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2
Thank you! I think I'll get an initial one in Poland when I go over there for my training. I don't speak Polish however I can't go abroad to get an initial elsewhere as that would involve lots of quarantining.
rcalvert99 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.