Wikiposts
Search
Passengers & SLF (Self Loading Freight) If you are regularly a passenger on any airline then why not post your questions here?

Smoke Zone in Heathrow T5

Search this Thread

Old 10th Aug 2009, 11:10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smoke Zone in Heathrow T5

Hi

I am traveling from BLR to JFK via LHR. Is there a smoke zone in Heathrow T5. Any help in this matter will be deeply appreciated.
Old 10th Aug 2009, 11:36
Final 3 Greens

srimath

There is no smoking zone within T5.

You would need to clear immigration and customs and go outside the building, where there are designated smoking areas.

Reference is the airport website BAA Heathrow: Smoking

Old 10th Aug 2009, 16:53

srimath - it is against the law to smoke in any building or other enclosed public space in the UK, and so you won't find a smoking zone in T5 or any other airport terminal over here.

As F3G has said you will need to come landside and go to a designated smoking area outside the terminal
Old 10th Aug 2009, 19:33

Ban been in force 2 years now i believe.
Old 12th Aug 2009, 01:18

All

Thank you for the reply.
Old 12th Aug 2009, 09:24

raffele

I would like to point out a small error in your answer albeit slightly off topic. There is a terminal in the UK which does have an airside smoking facility which is East Midlands Airport.

I was most surprised when I found it and credit to EMA for giving ALL passengers what they want.
Old 12th Aug 2009, 10:34

Interesting, how did they manage that? Is it inside or have they managed to make it part of say a viewing area outside?
Old 12th Aug 2009, 15:10

It is an outside smoking area which they have put a roof on - its not a viewing area as is stuck out the back of the terminal on one of the access roads for catering trucks etc but if youre flight is delayed and you are a smoker it is a godsend!
Old 12th Aug 2009, 22:25

It is an outside smoking area which they have put a roof on - its not a viewing area as is stuck out the back of the terminal on one of the access roads for catering trucks etc but if youre flight is delayed and you are a smoker it is a godsend!
There is also a smoking area arside at Prestwick airport. It's set out in a similar way.
Old 14th Aug 2009, 12:13

Shannon Airport has something similar also. Think it's a good idea especially if you are on a long flight. They said it was done in Shannon for the US military guys who transited through and wanted to have a smoke break - there were loads of army guys using it when I was there.