Wikiposts
Search
Passengers & SLF (Self Loading Freight) If you are regularly a passenger on any airline then why not post your questions here?

No car parking at LHR T5!!

Search this Thread

Old 22nd Mar 2008, 18:58

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No car parking at LHR T5!!

I am travelling out of T5 on Thursday 27th. I cant find any info on car parking there.
I called BA and was told that pax are being instructed to park in T3 and get the Heathrow Express across to T5! This applies in reverse to arriving pax. They will be no public parking facilities for travellers, meeters and greeters for at least a week. There is no info at all about this on the BA website.
Only in Britain can they build a multi-billion pound shiny new terminal ....and the passengers cant get to it, or leave it...without massive inconvenience! This will be a very interesting week for BA,and the BAA........
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 21:44

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
It took me a while to work my way through the BAA website but, as far as I can see, the short stay park won't be open on opening day. However both the "Business" and "Long Stay" Parks (on the northern perimeter road) appear to be open (you can pre book them).

I am surprised that the short stay won't be open.
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 22:16

There is a massive great car park at the front of T5, staff have been parking in it since last year although they have been kicked out now so I can see no reason for it not being ready for the public by day one!!

If it isn't ready for the first day, and I can't see why it shouldn't be, then the BAA are even more incompetent and useless than they are already!!
Old 22nd Mar 2008, 22:25

Looks like the Valet parking in the short stay will be open on Day 1 (27th) but not the rest of the short stay car park. Very poor effort in my opinion.

To the OP - you're very brave choosing a flight from T5 on the 27th!!
Old 23rd Mar 2008, 11:51

Looks like the Valet parking in the short stay will be open on Day 1 (27th) but not the rest of the short stay car park. Very poor effort in my opinion.
Incredibly poor seeing that staff had been parking in it at the end of last year and it looked nearly ready then!