The Pacific: General Aviation & Questions The place for students, instructors and charter guys in Oz, NZ and the rest of Oceania.

Inflight Weather

Old 8th Aug 2022, 02:39
  #21 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
Posts: 2,146
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam Kaplan View Post
Iím using AvPlan, what do you use at work?
Funnily enough we use AvPlan. Canít work out why your winds would have been so far out apart from dodgy weather info from BOM.
morno is offline  
Old 8th Aug 2022, 22:30
  #22 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Oz
Posts: 298
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Adam,

Could the error have been an incorrect UTC/local departure time and date and therefore giving you the wrong data set?
clark y is offline  
Old 9th Aug 2022, 01:22
  #23 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clark y View Post
Adam,

Could the error have been an incorrect UTC/local departure time and date and therefore giving you the wrong data set?
Possible, I suspect user error is the most likely scenario!
Adam Kaplan is offline  
Old 9th Aug 2022, 01:22
  #24 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by morno View Post
Funnily enough we use AvPlan. Canít work out why your winds would have been so far out apart from dodgy weather info from BOM.
Or a dodgy user....me! Thanks for your reply.
Adam Kaplan is offline  
Old 9th Aug 2022, 20:53
  #25 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 70
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You need an internet access in your aircraft, either via ground cell networks, or via satellites.
In both cases you will need an external antenna with amplifier attached to the wifi modem/router which will broadcast data to your ipad/phone.
I would try with 4g/lte modem with high gain external antenna positioned on the windows.


​​​​
Bosi72 is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2022, 02:16
  #26 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bosi72 View Post
You need an internet access in your aircraft, either via ground cell networks, or via satellites.
In both cases you will need an external antenna with amplifier attached to the wifi modem/router which will broadcast data to your ipad/phone.
I would try with 4g/lte modem with high gain external antenna positioned on the windows.


​​​​
That's an excellent suggestion, thank you!
Adam Kaplan is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2022, 07:35
  #27 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: tossbagville
Posts: 494
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll happily take odds on that!
Now ya ruined it! I could have taken the flogs money on a sure thing!
tossbag is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2022, 07:56
  #28 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Sydney
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hahaha, I'm sure there'll be other opportunities!
Adam Kaplan is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.