The Pacific: General Aviation & Questions The place for students, instructors and charter guys in Oz, NZ and the rest of Oceania.

This is gold

Old 8th Feb 2019, 09:51
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dunnunda
Posts: 65
This is gold

Expressions of Interest - Pilot Position

Mountain Air Volcanic Flights is seeking expressions of interest from suitable pilots who may be interested in scenic flying around Tongariro National Park.

Minimum Requirements:
NZ CPL.
300 hours total time.
C172 Type Rating. (100 hours C172 significant advantage)
Class 1 Medical.
New Zealand Citizen or Permanant Resident.

Advantages:
C206 type rating.
ATO/CTO Experience.

Training bond required.

We are looking for a mature person with a customer focus and interest in the tourism industry.

As a show of your professionalism please DO NOT send in your CV unless you meet our minimum requirements. Thank you.

Please send your CV’s to [email protected]:



​​​​​​
beached az is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2019, 10:40
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 693
Don’t worry, they will get applications. Especially if you can get those “type ratings”, even if they do attract a bond! Let me guess, the bond is the deposit on a 172��
flying-spike is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2019, 11:58
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 1,139
I don't really see the problem with this advertisement? All seems fairly reasonable to me? Beached_az, I'm curious as to which part you think is unreasonable? Aren't they still doing type ratings on each Aircraft in NZ?
Ixixly is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2019, 19:08
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: The Loony Bin
Posts: 105
Originally Posted by Ixixly View Post
Aren't they still doing type ratings on each Aircraft in NZ?
Correct.

TBH, that ad looks fairly standard (for the current climate)... I don't understand what the fuss is about?
RHSandLovingIt is offline  
Old 8th Feb 2019, 20:11
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: unzud
Posts: 10
Well established small operator that no doubt works hard to remain viable. I hope they find the right person that does the right thing by them
aaandrogerthat is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 00:42
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: closer to hell
Age: 47
Posts: 904
The hardship allowance for living at National Park may be paid in the sheep of your choice
troppo is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 04:47
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: australia
Posts: 1,202
Very spectacular region for joy flight jollies. Could be some interesting trips there due wind and wx !!
aroa is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 06:57
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 1996
Location: Check with Ops
Posts: 734
If you are already 'type rated' on a C172, what is the training bond for?
Pontius is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 07:26
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: elsewhere
Posts: 173
Iíve seen far worse...in Australia.

A lot has changed in the last 3 years.
Flyboy1987 is offline  
Old 9th Feb 2019, 18:12
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Age: 31
Posts: 197
Presumably the training bond is also to cover the 135 operational competency assessment and so forth. Doesn't look unreasonable to me for a small GA operator, especially as in the current climate it isn't unrealistic that a new pilot might jump ship within a month or two to greener pastures.
NZFlyingKiwi is offline  
Old 10th Feb 2019, 00:37
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: At Home
Posts: 181
The add looks pretty standard, depending on what the bond is. However, unless Mountain Air has gotten new owners sometime in the past decade I wouldn’t wish that job upon anyone.

Enjoy mowing the lawns in full uniform during summer ����
ElZilcho is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 03:04
  #12 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dunnunda
Posts: 65
Originally Posted by Ixixly View Post
I don't really see the problem with this advertisement? All seems fairly reasonable to me? Beached_az, I'm curious as to which part you think is unreasonable? Aren't they still doing type ratings on each Aircraft in NZ?
Fairly reasonable? I would tend to disagree. I don't have an issue with bonding but they already want you type rated and it a single engine piston.

Originally Posted by NZFlyingKiwi View Post
Presumably the training bond is also to cover the 135 operational competency assessment and so forth. Doesn't look unreasonable to me for a small GA operator, especially as in the current climate it isn't unrealistic that a new pilot might jump ship within a month or two to greener pastures.
Always the risk you run when paying minimum wage and getting the lawns mown for free.
beached az is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 05:31
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Enzed
Posts: 2,208
Originally Posted by ElZilcho View Post
The add looks pretty standard, depending on what the bond is. However, unless Mountain Air has gotten new owners sometime in the past decade I wouldnít wish that job upon anyone.

Enjoy mowing the lawns in full uniform during summer ����
ElZilcho,

Did you ever work there? I suspect not. I know a few people who have worked there over the years and they seemed to thoroughly enjoy it. I would think the current owner would be good to work for. Having done similar work a few years ago now, I couldn't think of a better job job for a young guy or girl starting out.
27/09 is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 07:06
  #14 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: At Home
Posts: 181
Originally Posted by 27/09 View Post
ElZilcho,

Did you ever work there? I suspect not. I know a few people who have worked there over the years and they seemed to thoroughly enjoy it. I would think the current owner would be good to work for. Having done similar work a few years ago now, I couldn't think of a better job job for a young guy or girl starting out.
Yes, I have indeed worked for them, hence my comments. Is the flying good? Sure... but you’ll still mow the lawns in uniform, and don’t forget your tie.

-edit-

I should add, my comments are specific to the owners rather than the job. Perhaps it’s been sold since my time and the new climate is much friendlier?
ElZilcho is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 08:02
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Enzed
Posts: 2,208
Originally Posted by ElZilcho View Post


Yes, I have indeed worked for them, hence my comments. Is the flying good? Sure... but youíll still mow the lawns in uniform, and donít forget your tie.

-edit-

I should add, my comments are specific to the owners rather than the job. Perhaps itís been sold since my time and the new climate is much friendlier?
I rather suspect by your statement "specific to the owners" tends to indicate it has indeed been sold since you were there. To my knowledge there is one owner and has been that way for a while now.
27/09 is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 18:33
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: At Home
Posts: 181
Originally Posted by 27/09 View Post
I rather suspect by your statement "specific to the owners" tends to indicate it has indeed been sold since you were there. To my knowledge there is one owner and has been that way for a while now.
Used to be owned by a Husband and Wife, along with the Auckland operation to Great Barrier. Been over a decade since I was there so quite possible that itís changed hands. Possibly when the Auckland operation changed to FlyMySky?
ElZilcho is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.