PPRuNe Forums

North America Still the busiest region for commercial aviation.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th Jan 2017, 21:37   #1 (permalink)
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney
Age: 36
Posts: 40
Crew Visa Docs

Hey All,

I am just looking at an Air Jazz opening and noticed this requirement:

If Permanent Resident, must be able to obtain and maintain crew visa documentation required to operate aircraft within the USA.

Can anyone expand on what exactly is the requirement to maintain this? I am a permanent resident of Canada (soon) but can't find what this exactly entails.

Professional Amateur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jan 2017, 09:28   #2 (permalink)
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,285
While on Canadian PR status you'll need a C1/D visa, which is a combination of two visas in one (C-1 and D). Once you are a Canadian citizen you are exempt from this visa. The airline should help arrange for you get this visa once you are hired. The visa requires an appointment & interview at the US embassy or consulate.

You will probably want a B1/B2 visa as well for personal or business travel other than as a crewmember -- I don't know what the rules are for your current citizenship (I'm assuming you're Australian?). If you ask/apply, the consular officer can issue you a C1/D and B1/B2 at the same time.
peekay4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT. The time now is 20:21.

1996-2012 The Professional Pilots Rumour Network

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1