Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Military Aviation
Reload this Page >

UK MFTS on or off the rails?

Military Aviation A forum for the professionals who fly military hardware. Also for the backroom boys and girls who support the flying and maintain the equipment, and without whom nothing would ever leave the ground. All armies, navies and air forces of the world equally welcome here.

UK MFTS on or off the rails?

Old 28th Feb 2018, 10:09
  #181 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: front seat, facing forwards
Posts: 1,056
bose-x - what exactly is your job please. I'm trying to decide if you actually know what you are nay-saying about or if you are have just relieved the driver on the prune outrage bus
just another jocky is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 10:43
  #182 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Near the coast
Posts: 1,682
JAJ

Once again we appear to be in violent agreement.

Does anyone really believe that any QFI worth his/her salt is going to send a student solo on type (and authorise the sortie) unless he/she is confident in their ability to conduct themselves safely?

I find myself repeating myself (you see what I did there?) when I say this but maybe trust that the guys and gals in the hot seats are going to get the job done.

If youíre not in a position to affect things then maybe just stop finding reasons to get annoyed about stuff that hasnít happened yet and that, frankly, have nothing to do with you.

This whole predicting an accident thing is a little morbid IMHO.

Besides I was sent solo in a Jaguar with 2:50 on type. Hell, students are going solo on Typhoon on their first airborne sortie. I think a couple of students can probably crack a Phenom once they have been trained.

Remember Iím not a multis guy but I do trust that the people at Cranwell will make it all work safely. Iím not sure they need the approval of the assembled PPRuNe massive before they start though.

Of course, should I be proven wrong in the fullness of time you are more than welcome to come on here and ask me to eat my words. However, if you were to gloat it would say a lot more about you than me.

Trying to let his thread die, but I keep dragging myself back.

BV
Bob Viking is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 10:58
  #183 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: front seat, facing forwards
Posts: 1,056
Bob Viking -
just another jocky is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 11:22
  #184 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: England
Posts: 224
Trying to let his thread die, but I keep dragging myself back.
Use any influence you have as a party advocate to get the Ascent contract cancelled outright as an intolerable mess, and leave DHFS & the Tucano fleet to plod on until a realistic business model can be introduced.

Rather than the ping pong messages we have on this thread in which some career protective folks are refusing to take their head out of the ground v those who are passionate about creating/maintaining an effective and realistic aircrew training pipeline, we need the MAA to man up and execute the positive Flight Safety mantra that they were established for. ALARP does not mean fingers crossed until I am posted. Anticipating an accident/incident may well be morbid, but I can recall times when aircraft fell out of the skies on an almost weekly basis, and nothing justifies the slightest threat of returning to the bad old days, especially not civilian shareholders dividends.
I am a big fan of "Any doubt = No doubt" and quite clearly all is not right on a multitude of levels.

Time for a letter to my MP & the Defence Minister I think.
Spot 4 is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 11:38
  #185 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: EGDC
Posts: 7,690
Spot 4
crab@SAAvn.co.uk is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 11:47
  #186 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: UK,Twighlight Zone
Posts: 7,255
Originally Posted by just another jocky View Post
bose-x - what exactly is your job please. I'm trying to decide if you actually know what you are nay-saying about or if you are have just relieved the driver on the prune outrage bus
Someone right on the coalface of the organisation and thus a recipient of the emails threatening staff with not posting anything on social media with dismissal. A direct witness to the stuff I have previously mentioned. Other posters on this thread will verify that if you really need it... So no I have not joined the outrage buss for a ride, I was already on it.

It actually has the opportunity to be something amazing, but while they are cutting corners on essential stuff like proper staff training and experience building and having the wrong people develop training materials when Lockheed are being paid a fortune to do the job I will be a detractor. The attitude that people should just do it because its the RAF way does not wash in a civilian company where there is no liability cover. Promises that if it goes wrong the company will protect you are just bullshit, we all know who will get thrown under the bus to protect the senior management.
S-Works is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 14:11
  #187 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: front seat, facing forwards
Posts: 1,056
Originally Posted by bose-x View Post
Someone right on the coalface of the organisation
So you work for Ascent or Affinity in MFTS?
just another jocky is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 15:54
  #188 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: UK,Twighlight Zone
Posts: 7,255
Originally Posted by just another jocky View Post
So you work for Ascent or Affinity in MFTS?
Who are you, Al Shinner? These are anonymous forums you know!!!
S-Works is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 16:09
  #189 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: front seat, facing forwards
Posts: 1,056
Originally Posted by bose-x View Post
Who are you, Al Shinner? These are anonymous forums you know!!!
Just trying to tie you down as "right on the coalface" doesn't actually make it clear.
just another jocky is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 16:52
  #190 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: UK,Twighlight Zone
Posts: 7,255
Originally Posted by just another jocky View Post
Just trying to tie you down as "right on the coalface" doesn't actually make it clear.
I am sure you are. However respect my right to anonymity please.
S-Works is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 16:56
  #191 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: front seat, facing forwards
Posts: 1,056
Originally Posted by bose-x View Post
I am sure you are. However respect my right to anonymity please.
Not trying to get you into trouble, just whether or not you talk from a knowledgeable position or not.
just another jocky is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 17:05
  #192 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Liverpool based Geordie, so calm down, calm down kidda!!
Age: 56
Posts: 1,990
I think he makes it very clear above if he has had gagging emails.
I must say however, most civilian companies have social media gagging orders. Anything that can damage the company, true or not, usually is a sackable offence. I can understand that. The questions on what he does definitely look like a manager trying to ďoutĒ an employee 😎 even if that isnít the reason for asking.

Donít tell him Pike!
jayteeto is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 17:10
  #193 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: front seat, facing forwards
Posts: 1,056
Originally Posted by jayteeto View Post
I think he makes it very clear above if he has had gagging emails.
I must say however, most civilian companies have social media gagging orders. Anything that can damage the company, true or not, usually is a sackable offence. I can understand that. The questions on what he does definitely look like a manager trying to ďoutĒ an employee 😎 even if that isnít the reason for asking.

Donít tell him Pike!
I'm a Regular QFI, not trying to "out" anyone.
just another jocky is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 17:38
  #194 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: EGDC
Posts: 7,690
I'm a Regular QFI, not trying to "out" anyone.
well in that case you could just use the pm method instead of trying to get him to tell you publicly where he works.
crab@SAAvn.co.uk is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 17:42
  #195 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Norfolk
Posts: 17
The Phenom T1 may well be a biz-jet, but it's about as simple to operate as any twin engine aircraft. Fuel, Hyd, elect and pressurisation systems that look after themselves. Straightforward autopilot and flight displays. Engines operated via just a thrust lever. No mixture, prop, condition, feather bits to worry about!

I'd much rather send a pair of studes up on a mutual solo in a Phenom than a King Air or a Jetstream or a Varsity!
FixClrEnt is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 18:15
  #196 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Banished (twice) to the pointless forest
Posts: 1,557
Originally Posted by just another jocky View Post
I'm a Regular QFI, not trying to "out" anyone.
So.... we should all accept that you are a QFI because you say so, but everyone else needs to show their papers?
airpolice is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 18:31
  #197 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by bose-x View Post
Who are you, Al Shinner? These are anonymous forums you know!!!
The irony of demanding anonymity whilst naming an individual.

Buffoon.
BruisedCrab is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 18:36
  #198 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: UK,Twighlight Zone
Posts: 7,255
Originally Posted by BruisedCrab View Post
The irony of demanding anonymity whilst naming an individual.

Buffoon.
Erm, he is the COO of Ascent, not exactly a secret identity....... Now if he he posting here under an anonymous identity and I knew that I would not try to out him as he is entitled to the same right. But otherwise I don’t see your problem?

The Queen is Elizabeth........
S-Works is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 18:38
  #199 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by bose-x View Post
Erm, he is the COO of Ascent, not exactly a secret identity....... Now if he he posting here under an anonymous identity and I knew that I would not try to out him as he is entitled to the same right. But otherwise I donít see your problem?

The Queen is Elizabeth........
I know who he is and obviously that information is publicly available.

My issue is your demand for anonymity whilst unnecessarily naming an individual on a public forum.
BruisedCrab is offline  
Old 28th Feb 2018, 18:42
  #200 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: UK,Twighlight Zone
Posts: 7,255
I named a public individual, I did not out him......
S-Works is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.