PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Jet Blast (https://www.pprune.org/jet-blast-16/)
-   -   BREXIT (https://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/619673-brexit.html)

charliegolf 17th Jun 2022 21:16

Just got my new black (not blue) passport, a Brexit bonus or what! Now that we have taken back control, why is it half in French?

CG

Sam Ting Wong 17th Jun 2022 21:21

Now, seriously. Has anything positive come out of Brexit so far?

Torquetalk 17th Jun 2022 21:37

Of course!

It has made a lot of people who wanted it happy.

Happy like a child who wants to eat a badly refrigerated ice cream and just does not care about the Salmonella risk.

Cornish Jack 18th Jun 2022 09:52

CG, STW and Tt - Oh ye of little faith ! To quote the blessed Hilda - "Rejoice !" . Just remember that this omnishambles was all to do with getting back control of our borders ! ... and we have ! ....... well, sort of - they are a trifle (how should i put it ?) leaky ?, and variable or inconveniently placed, but, by God !, they're ours, ours I tell you, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise !!! ... so there :p

Ninthace 18th Jun 2022 10:29


Originally Posted by charliegolf (Post 11247901)
Just got my new black (not blue) passport, a Brexit bonus or what! Now that we have taken back control, why is it half in French?

CG

My wife has been waiting over 10 weeks for a replacement for an expiring passport. So far, after 2 weeks they managed to acknowledge receipt if her old passport, and again 4 weeks later. Two weeks after that they said the old passport, that they had acknowledged receipt of, was damaged and she would have to report it lost or stolen. That required an afternoon on line and on the phone getting a reference number that she had to pass from one office to another. Since then, nothing.

My daughter and her husband are posted to SHAPE in July but it looks like the youngest child will not get a passport in time either.

But it is OK because Boris has twice told the House it takes no more than 4 to 6 weeks to get a passport.

SWBKCB 18th Jun 2022 10:54


Never mind, it seems that normal service has been restored as Brighton Council are blaming the profusion of weeds in the streets on.....you guessed it...... Brexit.

Brighton and Hove News » Brexit to blame for overgrown pavement weeds, council says
They agreed to stop using weedkiller in 2019 and the equipment they've just ordered hasn't arrived yet. And it's a Brexit issue?

charliegolf 18th Jun 2022 11:02


Originally Posted by Ninthace (Post 11248112)
My wife has been waiting over 10 weeks for a replacement for an expiring passport. So far, after 2 weeks they managed to acknowledge receipt if her old passport, and again 4 weeks later. Two weeks after that they said the old passport, that they had acknowledged receipt of, was damaged and she would have to report it lost or stolen. That required an afternoon on line and on the phone getting a reference number that she had to pass from one office to another. Since then, nothing.

My daughter and her husband are posted to SHAPE in July but it looks like the youngest child will not get a passport in time either.

But it is OK because Boris has twice told the House it takes no more than 4 to 6 weeks to get a passport.

Ninthace, you obviously got the sarcasm in my 'Brexity' post, but to add to your passport woes, I have to give credit where due: the passport was with me on the 11th working day. Sorry mate.

CG

alfaman 18th Jun 2022 12:42


Originally Posted by SWBKCB (Post 11248127)
They agreed to stop using weedkiller in 2019 and the equipment they've just ordered hasn't arrived yet. And it's a Brexit issue?

“We started our seasonal recruitment in January this year and have carried out open days and other initiatives."

“Unfortunately, we have only managed to recruit nine of the 26 seasonal staff we would normally take on to deal with the increased amount of weeding needed during the spring and summer months."

“As many of our seasonal staff used to come from European countries for the summer, the ability of European nationals to work in the UK after Brexit, alongside the pandemic, is continuing to have an impact on our recruitment."

Sallyann1234 18th Jun 2022 12:50

So it really is a brexit success, stopping those beastly foreigners from stealing our own workers' jobs. Those workers who are now queuing up at the... err... err...

B Fraser 18th Jun 2022 14:33

Strange that other better managed towns and cities seem to be weed free. Perhaps if Brighton spent a bit less on pronoun training and more on staff salaries ??

alfaman 18th Jun 2022 15:18


Originally Posted by B Fraser (Post 11248207)
Strange that other better managed towns and cities seem to be weed free. Perhaps if Brighton spent a bit less on pronoun training and more on staff salaries ??

Are they? Or is it that no-one else has been asked by the Brighton & Hove news... https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashi...shows-24188287

SWBKCB 18th Jun 2022 15:46


Originally Posted by alfaman (Post 11248169)
“We started our seasonal recruitment in January this year and have carried out open days and other initiatives."

“Unfortunately, we have only managed to recruit nine of the 26 seasonal staff we would normally take on to deal with the increased amount of weeding needed during the spring and summer months."

“As many of our seasonal staff used to come from European countries for the summer, the ability of European nationals to work in the UK after Brexit, alongside the pandemic, is continuing to have an impact on our recruitment."

They gave two reasons (lack of staff and lack of equipment) and one cause. You've focussed one cause, I've was pointing out there might be something else going on, but why waste a good excuse. Maybe they are the wrong type of weeds.

Sue Vêtements 18th Jun 2022 23:04

Don't worry, I just heard that Our NHS got a cheque for three fifty (pillion mounds)









Ha ha ha ha ha


just kidding


Krystal n chips 19th Jun 2022 08:25

Breaking news !

UK Attorney General found awake ..now engaged in catching up on the past with solemn declaration...unbeknown to her however, the UK has never actually lost control.

Newspaper headlines: New strike 'chaos' and Johnson warns of long war - BBC News

Torquetalk 19th Jun 2022 08:35

Soundly I slept, confident that the country is in safe and competent hands. Then I woke up and realised that was a dream and reality is the nightmare.

El Grifo 19th Jun 2022 09:04

Good to see the Workers finally "taking up cudgels"
They have been squeezed to the pips even long before that clown Osborne started deploying that blunt and failed experiment called ""Austerity"
Austerity for some, that was !!

All we need now is for the Jocks to grow a bigger pair and leave Wasteminster for good.
That day cannot be far off !

El Grifo

Grayfly 19th Jun 2022 09:09

Not to worry, if Bo Jo puts the same crack negotiating team that 'got Brexit done' on the train problems, it will soon be back to normal :}

Right20deg 19th Jun 2022 09:27

The people the UK.Gov has to deal with out there . Hells bells...... I knew it was bad, but this is just not nice to watch. We have to negotiate with some of these europeans ! Or rather.... not negotiate.
Sky nudes 16 june:
"Irish deputy prime minister Leo Varadkar has said Sinn Fein contains a "huge number of convicted criminals" including tax dodgers and murderers."

Cornish Jack 19th Jun 2022 09:38


Originally Posted by Right20deg (Post 11248505)
The people the UK.Gov has to deal with out there . Hells bells...... I knew it was bad, but this is just not nice to watch. We have to negotiate with some of these europeans ! Or rather.... not negotiate.
Sky nudes 16 june:
"Irish deputy prime minister Leo Varadkar has said Sinn Fein contains a "huge number of convicted criminals" including tax dodgers and murderers."

Does anyone have an original Babel Fish available - the inter-galactic version, of course ?

Torquetalk 19th Jun 2022 10:45


Originally Posted by Right20deg (Post 11248505)
The people the UK.Gov has to deal with out there . Hells bells...... I knew it was bad, but this is just not nice to watch. We have to negotiate with some of these europeans ! Or rather.... not negotiate.
Sky nudes 16 june:
"Irish deputy prime minister Leo Varadkar has said Sinn Fein contains a "huge number of convicted criminals" including tax dodgers and murderers."

Chasing your tail again Right20deg?


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:28.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.