Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Social > Jet Blast
Reload this Page >

US Politics Hamsterwheel V4.0

Jet Blast Topics that don't fit the other forums. Rules of Engagement apply.

US Politics Hamsterwheel V4.0

Old 20th Jan 2021, 20:46
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: EU
Posts: 484
US Politics Hamsterwheel V4.0

What a difference in message the Biden inauguration brought. Messages of unity and hope instead of the nasty, defensive, injured and insular message that Trump championed.

Good luck cousins. Hope these next years see you back on page with your friends and partners.
Torquetalk is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 03:05
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 0
I do agree that grandpapa Biden is a breath of fresh air

but talk is cheap, show me the beef in my bun and not just the lettuce
lomapaseo is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 04:08
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,811
Originally Posted by lomapaseo View Post
I do agree that grandpapa Biden is a breath of fresh air

but talk is cheap, show me the beef in my bun and not just the lettuce
Soaring rhetoric is free I believe.
West Coast is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 04:38
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,095
As with most of the best things in life......

Cynic - "A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing."
pattern_is_full is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 05:11
  #5 (permalink)  
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Peripatetic
Posts: 12,161
Unity comes from what he does not what he says.

I note that, in the same way Trump set out to overturn everything that Obama had done, Biden and the Democrats are now equally determined to undo everything that Trump has done - signing 12 presidential executive orders on his first day in office to that effect.

Governing through executive orders was one of the trends introduced by Obama and carried to extremes by Trump and condemned by constitutional experts.

It would seem that, in the worst ways, Washington politics has been changed forever. I am reminded of the latter days of the Roman republic.

http://law.syr.edu/uploads/docs/dean...f_Law_2019.pdf




Last edited by ORAC; 21st Jan 2021 at 10:20. Reason: Sp
ORAC is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 05:12
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Great South East, tired and retired
Posts: 3,527
The country's in the very best of hands...

Ascend Charlie is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 10:10
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: River Thames & Surrey
Age: 73
Posts: 9,118
Heard from a friend in Spain that they found a website saying Biden had allegations of a rather sensitive nature levelled against him a few years back but no charges were actually made and it was all hushed up.
chevvron is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 10:16
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by chevvron View Post
Heard from a friend in Spain that they found a website saying Biden had allegations of a rather sensitive nature levelled against him a few years back but no charges were actually made and it was all hushed up.
Oh really? Wow, that's a game changer...
ThorMos is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 10:29
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 127
As one ex-president might say, "Sad":



Hokulea is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 12:15
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N/A
Posts: 4,098
I hope Biden remembers, in his aim to bring the political parties and general community together, who was responsible for the invention of the verb "bork".
megan is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 13:15
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Yakima
Posts: 144
Please remind me why we need a V4.0 ........
Winemaker is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 14:09
  #12 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: EU
Posts: 484
Originally Posted by West Coast View Post
Soaring rhetoric is free I believe.
It is also a statement of intent. And it comes at political cost when expectations are mismatched. For everyone who isnít blinded by Trumpís lies, that is.

Trumpís statements of intent were bitter, mean and nasty: The politics of division and hate. And he also failed to achieve MAGA, or properly represent the interests of the many disaffected fools who voted for him. He nevertheless still managed to blame everyone but himself for a failed presidency and get the more extreme elements of his base to invade the Capital. As one of his pathetic legacies, millions of US citizens now doubt that a democratic election was properly and fairly won. The man and his cronies were and still are poison.

Messages of decency, unity, moderation and dialogue are not just rhetoric; they are the right tone from the President.
Torquetalk is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 14:46
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Middle America
Age: 81
Posts: 1,166
Originally Posted by lomapaseo View Post
but talk is cheap, show me the beef in my bun and not just the lettuce
Yes, we all know that from the last POTUS...
Turbine D is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 15:05
  #14 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,811
Originally Posted by Torquetalk View Post
It is also a statement of intent. And it comes at political cost when expectations are mismatched. For everyone who isnít blinded by Trumpís lies, that is.

Trumpís statements of intent were bitter, mean and nasty: The politics of division and hate. And he also failed to achieve MAGA, or properly represent the interests of the many disaffected fools who voted for him. He nevertheless still managed to blame everyone but himself for a failed presidency and get the more extreme elements of his base to invade the Capital. As one of his pathetic legacies, millions of US citizens now doubt that a democratic election was properly and fairly won. The man and his cronies were and still are poison.

Messages of decency, unity, moderation and dialogue are not just rhetoric; they are the right tone from the President.
Trump is gone now, itís time to stop carrying him on your back. Itís Bidenís show now.
West Coast is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 15:29
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 0
Originally Posted by Winemaker View Post
Please remind me why we need a V4.0 ........
The wicked witch died and prince charming has taken over having arisen from pond scum with a kiss
lomapaseo is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 17:14
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Farnham, Surrey
Posts: 1,295
Originally Posted by West Coast View Post
Trump is gone now, itís time to stop carrying him on your back. Itís Bidenís show now.
Ah yes, that would be why you were still "But Hillary-ing" as recently as 27th Aug 2020. Hard for you to claim the intellectual high ground when you've spent the last four years at the bottom of the intellectual cesspit.

PDR
PDR1 is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 17:39
  #17 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,811
Originally Posted by PDR1 View Post
Ah yes, that would be why you were still "But Hillary-ing" as recently as 27th Aug 2020. Hard for you to claim the intellectual high ground when you've spent the last four years at the bottom of the intellectual cesspit.

PDR
Was Hillary President? Did I miss that?
West Coast is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 17:59
  #18 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kelowna Wine Country
Posts: 459
Biden's call for unity is probably the most hypocritical thing I have ever heard. The Democrats tried to tear Trump down from even before he was in office and didn't stop for the whole four years. Now they ask for unity?

Someone on another forum likened removing Trump to the Caine Mutiny. Apparently they had no idea that the whole point of the film was in the last line.
ChrisVJ is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 18:06
  #19 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Sussex
Posts: 210
Originally Posted by West Coast View Post
Was Hillary President? Did I miss that?
No, BUT she did get more votes than Trump

WB627 is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2021, 19:34
  #20 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: EU
Posts: 484
Originally Posted by ChrisVJ View Post
Biden's call for unity is probably the most hypocritical thing I have ever heard. The Democrats tried to tear Trump down from even before he was in office and didn't stop for the whole four years. Now they ask for unity?

Someone on another forum likened removing Trump to the Caine Mutiny. Apparently they had no idea that the whole point of the film was in the last line.
Fortunately the wiser heads in the GOP are not listening to you in wanting to feed the bitter beast.

And if you are looking for the modern drivers of extreme rhetoric and division in US politics, look no further than.... the GOP; who didn’t tell Gingrich to put a sock in it when he drove a wedge between the parties with his extreme, disingenuous and ridiculous rhetoric. They decided playing with defensive, white, threatened sentiment was a vote winner and went along.

Of course, they continued the same dangerous miscalculation with Trump and realized too late that the beast can be hard to contain.

Last edited by Torquetalk; 21st Jan 2021 at 19:44.
Torquetalk is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.