Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Social > Jet Blast
Reload this Page >

US Politics Hamsterwheel V3.0

Jet Blast Topics that don't fit the other forums. Rules of Engagement apply.

US Politics Hamsterwheel V3.0

Old 12th Jul 2020, 09:50
  #1301 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not where I want to be
Age: 67
Posts: 254
Originally Posted by wtsmg View Post
No no no, you misunderstand. Only the stupid foreigners, who all know nothing of american politics, can be insulting and arrogant. We should review alliances with them.
He, he. There are times that I think that the average foreigner is more interested, and updated on American politics, particularly of the foreign variety, than the average American.
Per
Ancient Mariner is online now  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 09:54
  #1302 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 536
Originally Posted by ATSA1 View Post
Just because former Presidents have Pardoned/commuted since time immemorial, it doesnt make it right...Surely we should all be trying to rise above that.
I hope and pray that Trump gets booted out in November, but I think its going to be a lot closer than the opinion polls suggest.
The muppets on here know that Obama commuted prison sentences for drug possession. There's actually a huge list on the internet with the peoples names.

They also know that Stone was commuted because he could implicate Trump in felony offences.

Stone literally said "He knows I was under enormous pressure to turn on him. It would have eased my situation considerably. But I didnít."



Stone admitted he could have turned on Trump which means both of them are guilty.




This is wrongthink though as it undermines the cult leader, so you'll never see them acknowledge it. Just like they go around screaming that Joe Biden is in neurological decline but when presented with extensive video evidence of Trumps lack of lucidity, never mind his own Psychiatrist PhD sister diagnosing him as mentally ill and with a learning difficulty, there is complete radio silence. If you press enough on it you will get a rabid, pretentious ad hominem attack and unhinged hissy fit in an attempt to deflect.
wtsmg is online now  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 11:30
  #1303 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: not scotland
Posts: 201
Originally Posted by ATSA1 View Post
Just because former Presidents have Pardoned/commuted since time immemorial, it doesnt make it right...Surely we should all be trying to rise above that.
I hope and pray that Trump gets booted out in November, but I think its going to be a lot closer than the opinion polls suggest.
Remember, he promised to drain the swamp. Perhaps Iím daft but given his family all have jobs in the administration (ISTR the Republicans went absolutely ape about Hillary when Clinton gave her a job in his administration), and his crooked supporters get pardoned/sentences commuted, how the actual f**k is this draining the swamp?
Promises made to the gullible, promises not kept.
Why, after 4 years do we still need to MAGA. This guy just canít get things done.
Toadstool is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 12:17
  #1304 (permalink)  
TWT
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: troposphere
Posts: 736
wtsmg

never mind his own Psychiatrist PhD sister diagnosing him as mentally ill and with a learning difficulty
Just a point of order, Mary Trump is Donald's niece, not his sister
TWT is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 12:23
  #1305 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Isle of Man
Posts: 0
Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
Promises made to the gullible, promises not kept.
Why, after 4 years do we still need to MAGA. This guy just canít get things done.
Maybe because America is not doing too well. Biden and Trump. Is that all you can manage to 'lead the free world'?
Islandlad is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 12:49
  #1306 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 536
Originally Posted by TWT View Post
Just a point of order, Mary Trump is Donald's niece, not his sister
My mistake, the sister is Maryanne. Who thought his "Blatant Racism Would Stop Him From Becoming President." according to the book.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/m...dent-book-says
wtsmg is online now  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 12:52
  #1307 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,472
Originally Posted by Islandlad View Post
Maybe because America is not doing too well. Biden and Trump. Is that all you can manage to 'lead the free world'?

We can't get Putin or Per to run
lomapaseo is online now  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 12:56
  #1308 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not where I want to be
Age: 67
Posts: 254
Originally Posted by lomapaseo View Post
We can't get Putin or Per to run
Try to combine them.
Pertin?
Puter?
Putiner?
Puper?
Per
Ancient Mariner is online now  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 13:11
  #1309 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Lemonia. Best Greek in the world
Posts: 1,701
We have a spare potential President in the UK if you do not like your present one.

Known as Andrew, Prince Andrew, and Randy Andy, he was the Spare when Queenie produced an heir and a spare.

Currently unemployed. Would make a great choice as President.

We offered him to Iran, but for some strange reason, they declined.

Have you changed the name of your Capital yet?
Ancient Observer is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 13:20
  #1310 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: UK
Posts: 536




wtsmg is online now  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 14:23
  #1311 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Middle America
Age: 81
Posts: 1,162
Originally Posted by Revnetwork View Post
Only Mitt Romney seems to still have balls..

Originally Posted by obgraham View Post
Oh he has them. They just aren't attached.
obgraham, guys that have detached balls tend to be some of the ones that flew over Nam in Hueys that didn't sit on their helmets.
Turbine D is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 15:56
  #1312 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Syd
Posts: 18
Originally Posted by obgraham View Post
Good thing you live in Oz, a place nobody cares about!
A big part of why no one cares about Australia is because we don't generally start wars for clearly fake reasons like America does.

People in central and south America, to take just one example, only ďcareĒ about what the US is up to because they are well aware of the history of brutality displayed by the US to countries that don't comply with the demands of corporate America.

El Salvador. Nicaragua. Honduras. Panama. Guatemala.. Chile. Paraguay.

Yes, people all over the world do ďcareĒ about America as they try and figure out which poor defenseless nation is next on the hit list.
Orange future is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 15:59
  #1313 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: E.Wash State
Posts: 0
Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner View Post
How childish.
Per
Is that suddenly against the rules around here?
Who knew?
obgraham is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 16:14
  #1314 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,726
Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner View Post
How childish.
Per
You claim to be as pure as the driven snow?
West Coast is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 20:35
  #1315 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not where I want to be
Age: 67
Posts: 254
Originally Posted by West Coast View Post
You claim to be as pure as the driven snow?
Not at all, anything in particular you like to point at? I'll probably agree to anything.
Per
Ancient Mariner is online now  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 20:38
  #1316 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not where I want to be
Age: 67
Posts: 254
Originally Posted by obgraham View Post
Is that suddenly against the rules around here?
Who knew?
Give me a break and stop whining, where did I say that? I said it was childish, I still think it was childish, maybe even more now, but I never said it was "verboten". Did I?
Per
Ancient Mariner is online now  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 21:10
  #1317 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: E.Wash State
Posts: 0
but I never said it was "verboten". Did I?
Stop whining. I never said it wasn't childish, either. But it's not against the rules! Happens every day hereabouts.
obgraham is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 21:43
  #1318 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Looking for the signals square at LHR
Posts: 228
Originally Posted by dr dre View Post
. I cannot see them voting for a Romney or a Jeb or a Rubio or whatever.
Please not Jeb.

I well remember his disenfranchising half of South Florida in order to get his brother elected. Well, not quite half the state, but his was a thoroughly dishonest interference in the democratic process.
Gipsy Queen is offline  
Old 12th Jul 2020, 23:13
  #1319 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,726
Originally Posted by Gipsy Queen View Post
Please not Jeb.

I well remember his disenfranchising half of South Florida in order to get his brother elected. Well, not quite half the state, but his was a thoroughly dishonest interference in the democratic process.
if any of the three of them offered a platform that appealed to me, I would vote for them, no issue.
West Coast is offline  
Old 13th Jul 2020, 00:20
  #1320 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Reading
Age: 38
Posts: 100
It's fascinating to look at the UK's list of countries from which citizens can enter the UK without a quarantine. A lot of 'shithole' countries on the list. The USA is not. And it will be a long time before American citizens are allowed to enter Europe. I know some here will play macho about how they don't care about us European communists, but I imagine its rather harming the US that no-one wants their people anywhere near them. 60,000 cases a day. And there are people who don't care about their citizens dying, avoidably, because it doesn't suit their politics.

And yes, I know the UK has been an absolute disaster as well, we have an equally clueless government, not surprisingly the leaders of our two countries get on well. Electing sociopaths to keep your taxes low and prevent the lower classes from having a chance is all well and good, until there's a crisis in which you need someone competent. I'm in Mexico, also in a very bad way use the president is an idiot. And he's the far left so this isn't a political thing, And it shouldn't be. This crisis has only proved just how much people are willing to accept to support their guy. And it includes people dying.

I used to support the Mexican president. I don't anymore. There's nothing wrong or weak about admitting you were wrong about something. In fact it shows far more strength of character than refusing to budge even when the facts change, just for the sake of pride. I was wrong about the Mexican President.

Take a look at the countries worst affected, and who their leaders are. USA, Brazil, UK, Mexico. See anything in common? Is it complete coincidence? You genuinely believe noone could have done better? The type of government you have hasn't affected this pandemic? Do you even know how ludicrous that is? People willing to accept absolutely anything has been a factor in case and death rates, except for some reason, government. People are needlessly dying and some here, including one who claims to be a doctor, don't care because defending one guy, who couldn't give a fig about them, is more important. Can you imagine the things Trump says in private about the average American like our friends here who so tirelessly defend him? We all know people in terrible relationships with someone who treats them awfully but they refuse to accept reality and will defend their partner come what may.. That's Trump supporters.I actually almost feel sorry for them, except for them enabling people dying.

Last edited by neila83; 13th Jul 2020 at 00:59.
neila83 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.