Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Social > Jet Blast
Reload this Page >

Black lives donít really matter London March.

Jet Blast Topics that don't fit the other forums. Rules of Engagement apply.

Black lives donít really matter London March.

Old 9th Aug 2020, 18:33
  #961 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Ilmington, Warwickshire
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by Slipstream86 View Post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53715814

Latest forced apology involving the N word in the wake of the current focus on race relations.

In continuation from what was said in the Scampton memorial thread, I understand that the context is irrelevant when it’s applied with this word for many people, as demonstrated by the amount of complaints received by the Beeb.

However, I do wonder if the same people who have complained also feel the same way regarding the extremely frequent use of the word within other media such as hip hop lyrics?
Agree.

I personally find the F word offensive and the C word even worse. As it’s an extremely derogatory and objectionable word for a part of the female anatomy, its increasingly regular use in the media could offend 50% of the population. Therefore, can we also expect to see complaints and an apology on the same level?
BehindBlueEyes is offline  
Old 9th Aug 2020, 18:39
  #962 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: West Wiltshire, UK
Age: 68
Posts: 412
Originally Posted by Slipstream86 View Post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53715814

Latest forced apology involving the N word in the wake of the current focus on race relations.

In continuation from what was said in the Scampton memorial thread, I understand that the context is irrelevant when itís applied with this word for many people, as demonstrated by the amount of complaints received by the Beeb.

However, I do wonder if the same people who have complained also feel the same way regarding the extremely frequent use of the word within other media such as hip hop lyrics?

My guess is that it's absolutely fine for a black hip hop performer to use any language they wish. The problem is only when either a non-black person, or person representing what the "black community" see as a "white" organisation, use any of the words that they have decreed can only be used by selected people. I've not get seen any move by them to get Nigeria renamed, something that pretty much proves the point about this being highly selective and discriminatory.
VP959 is offline  
Old 9th Aug 2020, 20:40
  #963 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wilts
Posts: 134
Originally Posted by VP959 View Post
My guess is that it's absolutely fine for a black hip hop performer to use any language they wish. The problem is only when either a non-black person, or person representing what the "black community" see as a "white" organisation, use any of the words that they have decreed can only be used by selected people. I've not get seen any move by them to get Nigeria renamed, something that pretty much proves the point about this being highly selective and discriminatory.
in my opinion they are creating more problems than were originally there. They are in a minority of the black (person of colour) population of the UK.
DON T is offline  
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 18:22
  #964 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 1,948
Black lives matter?

Can anyone advise when the protest march takes place in support of the many unarmed black people recently shot in Lagos, Nigeria?
ShotOne is online now  
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 18:39
  #965 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Beds
Posts: 3
Unfortunately black on black doesn’t have the same political appeal as white on black.
Seaking74 is offline  
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 19:15
  #966 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,473
How about yourself organizing a circled march around Piccadilly on Monday next. None of this torchlight stuff. Time it for 5pm to start, I'll be there if there is an open car to ride in surrounded by Stormtroopers
lomapaseo is offline  
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 21:00
  #967 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: apogee
Age: 66
Posts: 69
Instead of another virus spreading protest march in the UK how about heading for Lagos and doing it there?
Or better still, since marches accomplish little to nothing, flood the Nigerian government email addresses with condemnation words. They're used to emails.
All lives matter.
meadowrun is offline  
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 23:26
  #968 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: UK
Posts: 523
Originally Posted by meadowrun View Post
Instead of another virus spreading protest march in the UK how about heading for Lagos and doing it there?
Or better still, since marches accomplish little to nothing, flood the Nigerian government email addresses with condemnation words. They're used to emails.
All lives matter.
Accomplish nothing? It would appear they serve to wind you up! BLM.
woptb is offline  
Old 22nd Oct 2020, 23:56
  #969 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: apogee
Age: 66
Posts: 69
You haven't seen me wound up.
Winding me up would not benefit their cause one iota.
Folks who harp on the simplistic 'BLM' chant have an underlying racist thing going on, the implication being other lives matter less or not at all. Might as well just yell F**k Everyone Else.
meadowrun is offline  
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 00:01
  #970 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: sierra village
Posts: 358

lucille is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.