Jet Blast Topics that don't fit the other forums. Rules of Engagement apply.

BREXIT

Old 10th Aug 2019, 16:04
  #901 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: French Alps
Posts: 326
In the meanwhile, the UK is still heading full throttle for the wall of 31st of October.

Maybe time to change perspectives ... or at least brace for impact ?

Fly Aiprt is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 17:12
  #902 (permalink)  
Thought police antagonist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Posts: 941
Originally Posted by Fly Aiprt View Post
In the meanwhile, the UK is still heading full throttle for the wall of 31st of October.

Maybe time to change perspectives ... or at least brace for impact ?
AAIB Synopsis.

" The aircraft had been flying without a qualified crew and was making an approach to land. The FDR revealed full power had been selected, despite being below the fuel reserve minimum. Both the A/P and A/T were disconnected shortly after take-off. The aircraft performed a series of excessive pitch, roll and yaw movement during the flight with clear evidence of the aircraft controls being subjected to excessive right wing asymmetry. No power or control inputs were detected from the left wing.

The aircraft adopted an unusually nose high attitude prior to descending well below MSA in reduced visibility and weather consistent with embedded CB lines.

The CVR was barely audible but some transmissions in the later stages of he flight indicated CRM was being deliberately ignored with the nominal Captain at the controls.

The result was a CFIT shortly after 00.01 hrs on November 1st 2019. "

Krystal n chips is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 17:32
  #903 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: se england
Posts: 1,169
Krystal

Very clever , and amusing too, sadly all too fitting, I thought the CVR Captains mike might have contained a series of indistinct mumbles that could not be clearly deciphered although they appeared to be something like ' well er uff er waffle piffle simple -er no 'shortly before the aircraft hit the ground .

A few more thoughts on the Monarchs position which I 'wondered' about in an earleir post .

What would the army do if Johnson in Churchill early years mode ordered them onto the streets -would they obey him as their allegiance is to the crown not the PM ,

If the Queen is our head of state wouldnt a conspiracy to keep her in ignorance of what is plotted and what is actually happening constitute at the least misconduct in public office and at the worst high treason after all the monarch is subservient to parliament not to a pm with either no majority in the absolute sense or in the practical
sense.

And going back to humour it would be a delicious irony if the Queen stepped down or was no longer Monarch that her successor King Charles III could have the PM consigned to the Tower at the behest of parliament
pax britanica is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 18:13
  #904 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UAE
Posts: 238
Originally Posted by pax britanica View Post
Krystal

Very clever , and amusing too, sadly all too fitting, I thought the CVR Captains mike might have contained a series of indistinct mumbles that could not be clearly deciphered although they appeared to be something like ' well er uff er waffle piffle simple -er no 'shortly before the aircraft hit the ground .

A few more thoughts on the Monarchs position which I 'wondered' about in an earleir post .

What would the army do if Johnson in Churchill early years mode ordered them onto the streets -would they obey him as their allegiance is to the crown not the PM ,

If the Queen is our head of state wouldnt a conspiracy to keep her in ignorance of what is plotted and what is actually happening constitute at the least misconduct in public office and at the worst high treason after all the monarch is subservient to parliament not to a pm with either no majority in the absolute sense or in the practical
sense.

And going back to humour it would be a delicious irony if the Queen stepped down or was no longer Monarch that her successor King Charles III could have the PM consigned to the Tower at the behest of parliament
It appears that the bed wetters and frenzied remain supporters are ď peaking too early ď try and keep your powder dry until closer to the 31st October.

Phase 2 is approaching. I.e we leave the EU on the 31st October. Save your ammunition for phase 3
Jack D is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 18:25
  #905 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 1,264
K n C might care to find a copy of the only actual crrash CVR I have ever listened to. It was the Evergreen 47 which crashed on approach to KL. The crew ignored constant GPW "Pull Ups" and the final utterance was from the FE ... "Oh, shit!"
It might even benefit some other contributors
Cornish Jack is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 19:00
  #906 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: French Alps
Posts: 326
Originally Posted by Jack D View Post


It appears that the bed wetters and frenzied remain supporters are ď peaking too early ď try and keep your powder dry until closer to the 31st October.
With due respect, I'm not in the least a remain supporter. Nor a leaver. I'm not even British in any way.
Just using your language because I'm not sure you could use mine ;-)

I'm just a friend of your country, and a bit concerned about some decisions that are gonna destroy your car industry and agriculture, and ruin fishermen and many "small people" in your country.

So instead of calling us names, if you were able to provide some well informed insight into what preparations have been made, and what actions will be taken in the next few months, it would be most reassuring.

Fly Aiprt is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 19:08
  #907 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UAE
Posts: 238
Originally Posted by Cornish Jack View Post
K n C might care to find a copy of the only actual crrash CVR I have ever listened to. It was the Evergreen 47 which crashed on approach to KL. The crew ignored constant GPW "Pull Ups" and the final utterance was from the FE ... "Oh, shit!"
It might even benefit some other contributors
Generally poor taste to refer to CVR,s here when a fatal accident is involved, itís not really politics after all, just a cheap shot . Iím sure you know better and if you donít .. well I canít help you.
Jack D is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 19:18
  #908 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UAE
Posts: 238


I'm just a friend of your country, and a bit concerned about some decisions that are gonna destroy your car industry and agriculture, and ruin fishermen and many "small people" in your country

We donít have small people, just people who want to make a decent living ( well mostly ) the fisherman will be better off and the auto industry was rather small anyway ,except for F1 development and v high end motors in partnership with our German colleagues

We we all have to wait and see including the rest of
the EU, lots of stresses and strains are appearing.
I would like to reiterate that Marseille is still more exciting than Bolton, if that helps !
Jack D is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 19:19
  #909 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 49
Fly Aiprt, You are quite entitled to your opinions. However, when you do bang on a bit as a 'know it all', don't be too surprised if your 'concern' is not viewed as such. I think that our 'chaos' is actually somewhat more manageable than yours. (My opinion, but I'm not going to spend post after post after post telling you how to put your shambles right!)
NoelEvans is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 19:40
  #910 (permalink)  
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Peripatetic
Posts: 10,268
Hyperbole is loosed upon the world....

The Second Coming

W. B. Yeats

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

ORAC is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 19:50
  #911 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Darkest Surrey
Posts: 6,321
Originally Posted by Jack D View Post
We donít have small people, just people who want to make a decent living ( well mostly ) the fisherman will be better off and the auto industry was rather small anyway ,except for F1 development and v high end motors in partnership with our German colleagues
How will fishermen be better off ?

Majority of catch landed in Uk waters is exported to EU. How will that work after brexit ? Try and look at who is crewing the current UK boats ? Is it thousands of brits that are clambering to go to sea or migrants working on the boats.

Overwhelming majority of ex UK fishermen were happy to grab the money the EU offered to exit the industry, they will not be rushing back in. So where are all these new boats and fishermen to come from.
racedo is online now  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 19:50
  #912 (permalink)  
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Peripatetic
Posts: 10,268
Really? it has come to this?

The child being held guilty for the sins of the parent?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...got-eu-subsidy
ORAC is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 19:53
  #913 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: French Alps
Posts: 326
Originally Posted by Jack D View Post
the fisherman will be better off


This is where the fishing community may feel things are not that straightforward.
Most of the catch in UK is sold to the EU, mostly fresh.

Fly Aiprt is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 20:02
  #914 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: French Alps
Posts: 326
Originally Posted by NoelEvans View Post
Fly Aiprt, You are quite entitled to your opinions. However, when you do bang on a bit as a 'know it all', don't be too surprised if your 'concern' is not viewed as such.
Then again this may appear as another ad hominem, and that tells volumes about it's author.

Maybe the more informed one tries to be, and the less the tendency to see others as 'know it alls'.
Who knows^^?


Fly Aiprt is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 20:06
  #915 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: uk
Age: 62
Posts: 55

Just a remark... Why in the article are "set-aside" subsidies refered to as "farmers being paid for not doing anything"??? Set asides are a way to regulate production but most importantly, farmers are paid to "manage" these surfaces in order to protect, help and promote wild life and many farmers I know go to a lot of trouble and work hard on these set-asides... keeping them free of chemicals and even planting species to help wild life, birds, bees, buterflies etc... Another BJ style EU bashing and confusing people. Why should not they be helped financially?
alicopter is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 20:08
  #916 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Posts: 342
What was that about ad hominems?

Originally Posted by NoelEvans View Post
Remoaners:
Sallyann1234 is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 20:17
  #917 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Posts: 342
As far as the fishermen are concerned, we have 12 fishery protection vessels to protect a sea area four times the land area of the United Kingdom.
So much for taking back control of our fishing.
Sallyann1234 is offline  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 20:35
  #918 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Darkest Surrey
Posts: 6,321
Originally Posted by ORAC View Post
Really? it has come to this?

The child being held guilty for the sins of the parent?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...got-eu-subsidy
Which part of part owner do you not understand ?

Part owner means he is in line for a financial benefit from it, unless that is it was assigned to him / plus another party by his parents as a way of avoiding IHT.

If he had no ownership then what his parents were getting would have has no bearing on it, in this case he has clear ownership.
racedo is online now  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 20:37
  #919 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Darkest Surrey
Posts: 6,321
Originally Posted by Fly Aiprt View Post
This is where the fishing community may feel things are not that straightforward.
Most of the catch in UK is sold to the EU, mostly fresh.
Frozen, as on ice since caught. Fresh fish to me is caught on a line with an hour or two and then cooked.
racedo is online now  
Old 10th Aug 2019, 20:55
  #920 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: French Alps
Posts: 326
Originally Posted by racedo View Post
Frozen, as on ice since caught. Fresh fish to me is caught on a line with an hour or two and then cooked.
Anglers vs fishermen ;-)
Some advice from the fishing community :
https://play.acast.com/s/brexitunspu...0-91b887dccab2
Fly Aiprt is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.