Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Social > Jet Blast
Reload this Page >

Brexit impact finally being felt

Jet Blast Topics that don't fit the other forums. Rules of Engagement apply.

Brexit impact finally being felt

Old 28th Jan 2019, 15:28
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Darkest Surrey
Posts: 5,346
Brexit impact finally being felt

They said this would be a Brexit impact.

https://www.dailysquat.com/people-pu...h-citizenship/
racedo is offline  
Old 28th Jan 2019, 16:56
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 9,621
"Anyone who insists on putting milk into a cup of tea before boiling water" ?

Putting boiling water into a cup, at any stage, is a heathen way to make a cup of tea.
DaveReidUK is offline  
Old 28th Jan 2019, 17:20
  #3 (permalink)  
Está servira para distraerle.
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: In a perambulator.
Posts: 7,046
The tea trade was directly responsible for the aggressive Opium Wars in China, instigated by the British in order to expand Inland sub continental tea harvesting and to impose taxation upon the impecunious Chinese. Tea is responsible for some of the greatest sorrows and oppressions in the recent history of mankind, carried out purely for the profit of a colonial and invasive power.
Fresh from concentrating on persecuting the statues of such rhyming luminaries as Rudyard Kipling and many fellows like Cecil Rhodes, overseas students at Oxford and Cambridge universities have been making plans for the world wide abolition of the tea trade. The Chinese embassy in London has been approached for comments on the suggestion that it might be about to demand an apology from the British government.
cavortingcheetah is online now  
Old 28th Jan 2019, 17:24
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: London
Posts: 1,579
If you make your tea in the pot, (warmed, Denby, round, naturally), then it is OK to put a small amount of milk in the cup prior to pouring from the pot.
Ancient Observer is offline  
Old 28th Jan 2019, 17:33
  #5 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Darkest Surrey
Posts: 5,346
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer View Post
If you make your tea in the pot, (warmed, Denby, round, naturally), then it is OK to put a small amount of milk in the cup prior to pouring from the pot.
Blasphemer
racedo is offline  
Old 28th Jan 2019, 17:36
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: London
Posts: 1,579
You need to visit the Tea Museum in Hong Kong to learn how to make proper tea.
Ancient Observer is offline  
Old 28th Jan 2019, 18:15
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 162
Originally Posted by racedo View Post
Blasphemer
You Sir are 100% correct.
Nervous SLF is offline  
Old 28th Jan 2019, 19:14
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Coasting South
Age: 64
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer View Post
You need to visit the Tea Museum in Hong Kong to learn how to make proper tea.
So the Chinese were proper tea developers?
hiflymk3 is offline  
Old 28th Jan 2019, 19:22
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,477
In Honolulu you can watch mesmerised Japanese tourists watching a Hawaiian girl dolled up as a Geisha demonstrating the Japanese Tea Ceremony.

In China the first thing that arrives when you sit down at a restaurant is a large teapot of green tea.,
Fareastdriver is offline  
Old 28th Jan 2019, 20:49
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: A better place.
Posts: 1,476
I thort it was all due to the MIF to be sure that the hot water didn't make the china crack...
You pongolians never cease to amaze me as to the myriad ways you have of proving someone is a complete heathen.
tartare is offline  
Old 28th Jan 2019, 23:10
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Age: 74
Posts: 274
I can't stand tea.
Barksdale Boy is offline  
Old 29th Jan 2019, 06:54
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: France
Posts: 325
Might it not make a good roll up?
Alsacienne is offline  
Old 29th Jan 2019, 07:16
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: uk
Age: 70
Posts: 63
Karl Marx said:

“Proper tea is theft”
Skylark58 is offline  
Old 29th Jan 2019, 18:19
  #14 (permalink)  
Buttonpusher
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bloody Hell
Age: 60
Posts: 414

I heard he makes a mean cuppa
FLCH is offline  
Old 29th Jan 2019, 18:46
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: uk
Posts: 539
Given the insanitary conditions in the big cities which grew up in the Industrial Revolution, boiling water to make tea probably prevented a lot of disease.
oxenos is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2019, 09:37
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Fletcher Memorial Home
Age: 53
Posts: 300
Originally Posted by oxenos View Post
Given the insanitary conditions in the big cities which grew up in the Industrial Revolution, boiling water to make tea probably prevented a lot of disease.
Good point, when the water supply is suspect boiling it will be the simplest way of ensuring a more sanitary product. You may not understand the science but you get into the habit and it has the same effect by default.

Having a cuppa at various points of the working day is a ritual I won't be moved from. First thing in the morning, mid morning, with lunch and mid afternoon when the opportunity arises. various colleagues have taken the mickey over the years, but they have all at one point of another joined me.

Taking the time to have a brew is a good way of easing the stress of work, when tempers are getting frayed five minutes to make a cuppa can sooth things. The excuse of going for a cuppa and discuss work is a great way of getting someone away from the tempo of the office and finding out their troubles and woes whilst giving the impression of both sides having a technical discussion.
Ogre is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2019, 09:42
  #17 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Darkest Surrey
Posts: 5,346
Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
Good point, when the water supply is suspect boiling it will be the simplest way of ensuring a more sanitary product. You may not understand the science but you get into the habit and it has the same effect by default.

Having a cuppa at various points of the working day is a ritual I won't be moved from. First thing in the morning, mid morning, with lunch and mid afternoon when the opportunity arises. various colleagues have taken the mickey over the years, but they have all at one point of another joined me.

Taking the time to have a brew is a good way of easing the stress of work, when tempers are getting frayed five minutes to make a cuppa can sooth things. The excuse of going for a cuppa and discuss work is a great way of getting someone away from the tempo of the office and finding out their troubles and woes whilst giving the impression of both sides having a technical discussion.
And most importantly it reduces work you need to do by 20 to 30 minutes a day.
racedo is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2019, 10:47
  #18 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Farnham, Surrey
Posts: 1,142
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK View Post
"Anyone who insists on putting milk into a cup of tea before boiling water" ?

Putting boiling water into a cup, at any stage, is a heathen way to make a cup of tea.
Who cares? PROPER people drink coffee - tea drinkers should only be used for fuel and (as a last resort in the event of post B-Day* shortages) food.

PDR

* or "Bidet" as we call it around these parts
PDR1 is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2019, 12:13
  #19 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 9,621
You'll be telling us next that it's OK to order a cappuccino after midday.
DaveReidUK is offline  
Old 1st Feb 2019, 12:18
  #20 (permalink)  
Cunning Artificer
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: The spiritual home of DeHavilland
Age: 71
Posts: 3,106
It isn't OK to order Cappuccino at any time of the day.
Blacksheep is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.