Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Social > Jet Blast
Reload this Page >

Here’s what really happened to MH 370 thread.

Jet Blast Topics that don't fit the other forums. Rules of Engagement apply.

Here’s what really happened to MH 370 thread.

Old 3rd Jan 2019, 16:16
  #21 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Farnham, Surrey
Posts: 1,179
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK View Post
If the Chinese reveal that it's not all dark, as a matter of fact, will Nick have to give his OBE back ?
Well the thing is that there is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark, because all that you touch, all that you see, all that you taste and all you feel, plus all that you love, all that you hate, all you distrust and all you save, plus all that you give, all that you deal, all that you buy, beg, borrow or steal, plus all you create, all you destroy, all that you do, all that you say and all that you eat and everyone you meet - all that you slight and everyone you fight, plus all that is now, all that is gone, all that's to come and everything under the sun is in tune.

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon...

PDR
PDR1 is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 16:23
  #22 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: UK
Age: 54
Posts: 2,630
TURIN is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 16:32
  #23 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Farnham, Surrey
Posts: 1,179
There is only one Dave Gilmour, although Roger Walters wants to be his prophet...

PDR
PDR1 is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 16:38
  #24 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: se england
Posts: 1,121
The Chinese landed on the dark side of the moon because as we all know the Moon is really made of cheese-well at least the front part that we can see is -and as we all know the Chinese don't do dairy.

On a more serious not I do not really see how the Malaysian government can cover this up unless they found incriminating evidence about the capt or Fo . The technology involved in all other aspects is not under their control at all even if they are the investigating authority .

as for the secret bases/spooks theories - which is unlikely but not impossible if you head off for the middle of the Indian Ocean you are going to be heading for Diego Garcia, one of the most secret places on earth , because that is where it is. Getting anything out of the US or UK (it is a British island) is next to impossible as for years they have played a Catch 22 game about the place. Ask the US about the island and they say we cannot comment because it is British territory-Ask the UK Government and they regret they cannot comment because it is leased under a confidential agreement to the USA and they cannot disclose what the USA do there
pax britanica is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 17:06
  #25 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 10,281
Originally Posted by pax britanica View Post
as for the secret bases/spooks theories - which is unlikely but not impossible
DNFTT.

On the other hand, why not, this is JetBlast after all.
DaveReidUK is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 17:18
  #26 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Spice Islands
Age: 53
Posts: 97
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK View Post
Why on earth would you expect to find the answer to that question in these columns ?

None of us was there.
I wonder why you would use such strong language in the first response to a new thread. More to the point, why on earth (to use your slightly charged phrasing) do you presume to suggest that no readers or members of PPRuNe had any direct involvement in any parts of the investigation?
Sam Asama is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 17:58
  #27 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Peterborough
Age: 65
Posts: 211
The most secret place on Earth is clearly visible on GE!
uffington sb is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 18:17
  #28 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 10,281
Originally Posted by Sam Asama View Post
why on earth (to use your slightly charged phrasing) do you presume to suggest that no readers or members of PPRuNe had any direct involvement in any parts of the investigation?
If they (you?) have, then we have yet to hear from them.

In the meantime, it seems a reasonable assumption.
DaveReidUK is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 19:12
  #29 (permalink)  
TWT
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: troposphere
Posts: 679
although Roger Walters wants to be his prophet
And so does Roger Waters
TWT is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 20:52
  #30 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Spice Islands
Age: 53
Posts: 97
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK View Post
If they (you?) have, then we have yet to hear from them.

In the meantime, it seems a reasonable assumption.
I'd say that a more likely assumption is that there are -- among the thousands of PPRuNe members and tens of thousands of lurkers -- people who were (perhaps are) involved in one or more of the investigations into the disappearance of the aircraft. And a reasonable question in response to yours is: Why would you expect any one of them to comment or discuss that work on a forum such as PPRuNe?
Sam Asama is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 21:12
  #31 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Farnham, Surrey
Posts: 1,179
Originally Posted by TWT View Post
And so does Roger Waters
Yes, him too!

I forgot it was Xmas, so there should have been no "L"...

[I'll fetch me coat]

PDR
PDR1 is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 21:28
  #32 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 10,281
Originally Posted by Sam Asama View Post
And a reasonable question in response to yours is: Why would you expect any one of them to comment or discuss that work on a forum such as PPRuNe?
I wouldn't, as I've already said:

Originally Posted by DaveReidUK View Post
Why on earth would you expect to find the answer to that question in these columns ?
DaveReidUK is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 21:35
  #33 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by Sam Asama View Post
I wonder why you would use such strong language in the first response to a new thread. More to the point, why on earth (to use your slightly charged phrasing) do you presume to suggest that no readers or members of PPRuNe had any direct involvement in any parts of the investigation?

That surprised me too. Obsfuscation or just plain old avoidance is pretty common around MH 370 unfortunately.
Carlos Kaiser is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 21:46
  #34 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 1
How in Allahs name, did we get to the moon being made from cheese and Roger Waters?

This is is now a problem. MH 370 has apparently already crossed over to ‘lore’.

A very desirable situation to have if you happened to be one of the aliens involved in disappearing it for example.

Btw, Pink was Roger Waters right?
Carlos Kaiser is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 21:50
  #35 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Spice Islands
Age: 53
Posts: 97
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK View Post
... we have yet to hear from them.
You also wrote the above. Seems you may just like stirring the pot. Ironic that you were also the person who wrote "DNFTT"

Cheers
Sam Asama is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 23:00
  #36 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 10,281
Originally Posted by Sam Asama View Post
You also wrote the above. Seems you may just like stirring the pot.
This particular pot doesn't need any stirring from me or anyone else.

We seem to be agreed that there are three possibilities:

a nobody knows what happened to MH370
b somebody knows, but they're not on PPRuNe
c somebody knows, they're on PPRuNe, but they can't/won't say

But whichever is the case, and regardless of whether the original post was being disingenuous or simply naive, we're not suddenly going to find "the truth" revealed here on PPRuNe.

Cheers
DaveReidUK is offline  
Old 3rd Jan 2019, 23:28
  #37 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Australia
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK View Post
This particular pot doesn't need any stirring from me or anyone else.

We seem to be agreed that there are three possibilities:

a nobody knows what happened to MH370
b somebody knows, but they're not on PPRuNe
c somebody knows, they're on PPRuNe, but they can't/won't say

But whichever is the case, and regardless of whether the original post was being disingenuous or simply naive, we're not suddenly going to find "the truth" revealed here on PPRuNe.

Cheers
Ill take both disingenuous and naive as compliments!

Like a lot of people, I am a little tired of being frustrated by not knowing the facts. Some people might argue too that perhaps there has been some obsfuscation going on.

When I started this thread, in no way did I possibly consider that anyone on PPRuNe would have ‘inside’ information on MH 370.

This thread was started to discuss the possibilities of what REALLY happened on March 8 2014.

Sure, there are other threads discussing MH 370, and you’re free to visit those if you believe they’re less niave et al, you’re also free to not visit this thread or comment too. But it if you do, please avoid commenting about why you think the thread is pointless. That in itself is superfluous and could be argued is just disingenuous.
Carlos Kaiser is offline  
Old 4th Jan 2019, 00:52
  #38 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Fletcher Memorial Home
Age: 54
Posts: 302
Originally Posted by Carlos Kaiser View Post
How in Allahs name, did we get to the moon being made from cheese and Roger Waters?

This is is now a problem. MH 370 has apparently already crossed over to ‘lore’.

A very desirable situation to have if you happened to be one of the aliens involved in disappearing it for example.

Btw, Pink was Roger Waters right?
If you mean in the context of the film then yes and no. Roger's dad was killed at Anzio and most of the early years stuff was based around him growing up. However there were a couple of aspects of Syd Barret in there too. For example, the story goes that Syd was bored at a party one night so he went home, shaved off all his hair and eyebrows, went back to the party and acted as if nothing was different. This is reflected in the scene in the hotel room where "Pink" (played by Bob Geldof) does something similar.
Ogre is offline  
Old 4th Jan 2019, 03:59
  #39 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Spice Islands
Age: 53
Posts: 97
DRUK... I think we may be close to agreement on some aspects of this thread.

Having said that, I think the possibilities are more nuanced than you list above, ie.:
a nobody knows what happened to MH370
b somebody knows, but they're not on PPRuNe
c somebody knows, they're on PPRuNe, but they can't/won't say.


For example, I have no idea if anyone alive "knows" what happened -- meaning someone, or more than one person, is in possession of enough facts about the event to concude, and maybe eventually prove, the cause of the disappearance along with the sequence of events that unfolded around that root cause. What I do believe is the following statement: Evidence may exist that would allow anyone privy to that evidence to draw some conclusions on issues that the public may still be debating. A hypothetical example would be if an agency had proof of some sort that the disappearance was, at its root, a criminal act.

Cheers
Sam Asama is offline  
Old 4th Jan 2019, 04:03
  #40 (permalink)  
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Derbyshire, England.
Posts: 4,033
Well, the most likely reason I can imagine a known radical Islamist would take a plane full of dead people and fuel to a secret air base is to crash it into the base, World Trade Centre Part Two sort of thing. But maybe I should get out more! :
parabellum is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.