Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Social > Jet Blast
Reload this Page >

UK Politics Hamsterwheel MkII

Jet Blast Topics that don't fit the other forums. Rules of Engagement apply.

UK Politics Hamsterwheel MkII

Old 10th Jan 2019, 12:45
  #2641 (permalink)  
Resident insomniac
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: N54 58 34 W02 01 21
Age: 75
Posts: 1,859
What is the penalty for failing to come up with planB?
G-CPTN is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 13:24
  #2642 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: The Winchester
Posts: 5,354
? Only guessing but Government found in contempt? Which given this lot have already been found in contempt of Parliament once already, without it seems any sanctions being applied, probably amounts to not a lot....
wiggy is online now  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 13:24
  #2643 (permalink)  
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lincolnshire
Age: 76
Posts: 16,593
Originally Posted by G-CPTN View Post
What is the penalty for failing to come up with planB?
planC, delivering exactly what was voted for, Brexit, no ifs, no buts, no fudge.
Pontius Navigator is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 13:26
  #2644 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Dundee
Posts: 123
Originally Posted by G-CPTN View Post
What is the penalty for failing to come up with planB?
She doesn't give a flying fig. She's already said she won't lead into next GE.

All it needs is for corbin to sign up to no deal and he will win by a landslide.

Of course he won't put his cards on the table though.
weemonkey is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 13:29
  #2645 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Sunny Sussex
Posts: 778
Originally Posted by Pontius Navigator View Post
planC, delivering exactly what was voted for, Brexit, no ifs, no buts, no fudge.
Which parliament will never go for. So many here day in, day out wishing on a star.
Parapunter is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 13:34
  #2646 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Dundee
Posts: 123
Originally Posted by Sallyann1234 View Post
based on an illegal vote.
Go on then Lay it out for all to see.
weemonkey is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 13:37
  #2647 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Dundee
Posts: 123
Originally Posted by Parapunter View Post
Which parliament will never go for. So many here day in, day out wishing on a star.
You do REALISE what is going to happen if the democratic will of the people is usurped by parliament AND there is a GE as a consequence.

Be careful what you wish for.
weemonkey is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 13:53
  #2648 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lincoln
Age: 67
Posts: 454
Originally Posted by Parapunter View Post
Which parliament will never go for. So many here day in, day out wishing on a star.
Yes I have noted that as well, funny old thing opinions
Exrigger is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 13:57
  #2649 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Sunny Sussex
Posts: 778
Originally Posted by weemonkey View Post
You do REALISE what is going to happen if the democratic will of the people is usurped by parliament AND there is a GE as a consequence.

Be careful what you wish for.
Go on, do tell...
Parapunter is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 14:02
  #2650 (permalink)  
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lincolnshire
Age: 76
Posts: 16,593
I hydro decided to look up my MEP. With absolutely no fanfare I was amazed to discover I had a new MEP with allegiance I had not voted for.

My MEP had been a Conservative but joined UKIP in 2012 and was re-elected in 2014 but retired in 2017. He was immediately succeeded by the 3rd UKIP runner up in 2014 - no further election. He too had been a Conservative but also joined UKIP in 2012. He left UKIP in December and is now an Independent.

​​​​​​Buggins turn next.
Pontius Navigator is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 14:06
  #2651 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: UK
Posts: 1,639
Originally Posted by ShotOne View Post
So Corbyn’s gone to all the trouble of arranging a press conference to tell us what we already know, that he wants an election. Unfortunately still not a squeak on what he’d do if he won.
He's probably set himself 3 days (after he's won) to work it out!
ATNotts is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 14:16
  #2652 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Currently within the EU
Posts: 317
Originally Posted by Pontius Navigator View Post
I hydro decided to look up my MEP. With absolutely no fanfare I was amazed to discover I had a new MEP with allegiance I had not voted for.

My MEP had been a Conservative but joined UKIP in 2012 and was re-elected in 2014 but retired in 2017. He was immediately succeeded by the 3rd UKIP runner up in 2014 - no further election. He too had been a Conservative but also joined UKIP in 2012. He left UKIP in December and is now an Independent.

​​​​​​Buggins turn next.
If our MEPs had all been dedicated to promoting the UK's interests within the EU and improving the organisation, instead of using it as a grandstand to denigrate the EU and insult its other members, we might not have been in the position we now are.
Sallyann1234 is online now  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 14:22
  #2653 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Dundee
Posts: 123
PM May quote "brexit means brexit/the union comes first" ??

Originally Posted by Parapunter View Post
Go on, do tell...
Well simply put, if the establishment deny the majority their longed for freedom, then expect the majority to decouple from the political process.

Now here in Scotland we have had an interesting decade plus of nationalist failures.The Scottish conservatives have done well.

However my feeling is that the EU leave bypass that is ongoing at westminster will play into the hands of the....



.... Labour party in Scotland, at least in the short term.



By far, the majority in Scotland are, at the present moment, not cultists.

However the blatant disrespect given to the peoples will, by both politicians/civil service, let alone the establishment, has woken many up to the baseness of English politicians.

I therefore predict an overwhelming desire to cast off the whole bloody lot of you developing within the next decade.

And I have to say, on what we see on the BBC [ :rofl: ] I can't argue against that.

This from a previously lifelong unionist btw.

That's what Parapunter.
weemonkey is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 14:25
  #2654 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Dundee
Posts: 123
Originally Posted by ATNotts View Post
He's probably set himself 3 days (after he's won) to work it out!
Indeed, What was it you were told in leadership training, if it all goes to #### do something, anything but sit there frozen [like the last 2 plus years.]
weemonkey is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 14:32
  #2655 (permalink)  
Está servira para distraerle.
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: In a perambulator.
Posts: 0
The position you are in now is a direct result of the refusal of those who lost the 2016 referendum to buckle down to the fact that they'd lost and put some backbone into making Britain great again.
Your MEPs acted in the cause of what they perceived to be the UK's best interests. Only Germany and France are allowed to 'improve' the EU.
The reason Britain is where it is today is entirely down to the activities of Remainers, from Downing Street and Cameron right on downwards to John Bercow yesterday.
cavortingcheetah is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 14:43
  #2656 (permalink)  
Thought police antagonist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Posts: 920
Will this include a 15 mins interval, no extra time for stoppages and no penalty shoot outs then ?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...tes-says-no-10
Krystal n chips is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 14:46
  #2657 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Sunny Sussex
Posts: 778
Originally Posted by weemonkey View Post
Well simply put, if the establishment deny the majority their longed for freedom, then expect the majority to decouple from the political process.

Now here in Scotland we have had an interesting decade plus of nationalist failures.The Scottish conservatives have done well.

However my feeling is that the EU leave bypass that is ongoing at westminster will play into the hands of the....



.... Labour party in Scotland, at least in the short term.



By far, the majority in Scotland are, at the present moment, not cultists.

However the blatant disrespect given to the peoples will, by both politicians/civil service, let alone the establishment, has woken many up to the baseness of English politicians.

I therefore predict an overwhelming desire to cast off the whole bloody lot of you developing within the next decade.

And I have to say, on what we see on the BBC [ :rofl: ] I can't argue against that.

This from a previously lifelong unionist btw.

That's what Parapunter.
Emotive. Very emotive. I particularly enjoyed 'Longed for freedom' Because you are DEFINITELY under someone's jackboot, you poor sausage. The analysis is faulty anyway. Scotland voted remain by a distance. Labour's prevarication is hurting them there. Dire warnings of this or that punting Labour into an unassailable position north of the border are doubtful & lastly, the will of the people is not some ancient hapless insect set in amber, forever frozen.

Things have moved on, people are woke, as the kids say & realising the gammon dream of Brexit is cock & bull. The will of the people is not quite what you think it is.
Parapunter is offline  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 14:49
  #2658 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Currently within the EU
Posts: 317
Originally Posted by cavortingcheetah View Post
The position you are in now is a direct result of the refusal of those who lost the 2016 referendum to buckle down to the fact that they'd lost and put some backbone into making Britain great again.
Your MEPs acted in the cause of what they perceived to be the UK's best interests. Only Germany and France are allowed to 'improve' the EU.
The reason Britain is where it is today is entirely down to the activities of Remainers, from Downing Street and Cameron right on downwards to John Bercow yesterday.
Making Britain great again . Now where have I heard that line before?
Ah yes, it was from someone who wanted to build a wall to keep out his southern neighbours. Well, it looks like we might well be following that example very soon.
The rest of your post is of course nonsense. But thank you for your interest.
Sallyann1234 is online now  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 14:59
  #2659 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hanging off the end of a thread
Posts: 15,950
In a speech, he said a new government would have a fresh mandate to negotiate a better withdrawal deal with the EU.
So he is expecting to win?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46824125

Again nothing to do with the good of the Country, just a lot of shallow MP's putting their ambitions first..

Labour is set to vote against Mrs May's deal next Tuesday and if, as widely expected, it is defeated, they are expected to start moves to trigger a general election.

If a majority of MPs back a no confidence motion, the government will get 14 days to try and win another confidence vote - if it can't do that, a general election will be held.Mr Corbyn said: "Clearly, Labour does not have enough MPs in parliament to win a confidence vote on its own. So members across the House should vote with us to break the deadlock."
So that takes you up to about the 29th of January, As May has said she wouldn't stand again, you need a successor battle and vote to see who will succeed her, then an election all to be done and dusted in under a month... Ohh and then a credible plan to put to parliament to ahem...... Vote on..
I don't know about his secret money tree, but it looks like labour need to get their magic fairy dust out too.

This policy, together with a "radical" Labour government would kick start economic growth,

Ahh yes... " radical"...... still, seeing Diane Abbott on the election trail on TV should give us some good laughs....

I would assume that no Conservative will wish to lose their job so if they vote for her and as the DUP have said they will, it's a none starter. So he then tries the 2nd referendum, well again that could drag on until it fails too. What I cannot understand are her own party trying to tie her hands behind her back at every opportunity.
NutLoose is online now  
Old 10th Jan 2019, 15:27
  #2660 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Currently within the EU
Posts: 317
In a speech, he said a new government would have a fresh mandate to negotiate a better withdrawal deal with the EU.
What planet is this guy on? The EU have said very clearly, on various occasions, that they will not give any more ground. There is no possibility of a better agreement. It's over, done, dead parrot territory.
Does Corbyn expect anyone to believe this tosh?
Sallyann1234 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.