Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Social > Jet Blast
Reload this Page >

US Politics Hamsterwheel v2.0

Jet Blast Topics that don't fit the other forums. Rules of Engagement apply.

US Politics Hamsterwheel v2.0

Old 28th Jul 2019, 09:35
  #19141 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not where I want to be
Age: 66
Posts: 229
Originally Posted by punkalouver View Post
Does anybody here actually think that Trump's tweets about the city of Baltimore were evidence of racism.

I did read a tweet today about comparing it(or at least parts of it) to a third world country.

Is it racist to compare sections of Baltimore to a third world country?
Maybe not racist, I couldn't tell, but is Baltimore not part of his responsibility as President of the USA? Or is he only the President of Success, and forget the rest?
Strange country that.
Per
Ancient Mariner is online now  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 10:08
  #19142 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: South Korea
Age: 58
Posts: 116
“False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.”

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”

“The easiest and noblest way is not to be crushing others, but to be improving yourselves.”

Socrates
Cool Guys is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 11:17
  #19143 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Germany
Age: 71
Posts: 1,560
A saucy goose!

While we might have some minor differences of opinion, I am glad to see that Eclectic and I are on the same page when it comes to various paraphiliae (not that he knows them as such). It starts young with being caught doing stuff the Establishment reacts to with "Eek! That is disgusting," but then, after a spell in a borstal followed by being sent to Coventry, a long dry spell until someone invented the internet and allowed such behavior not just to continue but to flourish like mold on a discarded corndog.

Perverted behavior that once merited a clip alongside the ear today brings a sense of accomplishment as one is able to voice totally off-the-wall opinions underpinning socially deficient beliefs and practices, without any fear of retribution. (If there were enough votes in it, Trump would definitely speak up for those of us, such as Eclectic, who like to go around sniffing bicycle seats and stealing small items from the "Everything for $1 or more!" store; doing perverse things that damage not just the self but the social fabric.) It's the behavior of the narcissistic outsider; the sort of person who once was reduced to scribbling half-wit doggerel on public toilet stall walls has now been given a much wider and more varied audience.

Using words to express objective truth; abjuring lies and slander; acting in ways that our parents taught us to (those of us who were not raised by wolves or perhaps raccoons, in Essex) ... what sort of life is that really, eh, Eclectic? Get stuck into those liberals!

The best part of this is that Eclectic does not really need to try to read and understand the replies his stuff elicits; all he has to do is to fling a bit more verbal poo, as if he were trying to get some sort of dialogue going here instead of just causing hackles to rise. If the Grauniad has scored some points against Trump, well, they are just "fake news," as any fule kno. If you really want the inside scoop then you need to consult Alex Jones and his Infowars.

Here is another example, one of many, of a truth-teller confronting the Coventry Establishment:

"He told the Coventry Telegraph that even the RSPCA team were in disbelief, repeatedly saying 'raccoons don't live in England' and reassuring him that it was probably a 'mangy' cat or badger.

"On entering school this morning, a strange creature was found sat at a desk using a computer. We thought it was a stray cat maybe, but no - on closer inspection, we had a raccoon in school," Darren said.

"Everyone knows raccoons do not live naturally in England...and it is a long way for one to swim but here in the flesh was a wild raccoon.

"Darren told how the raccoon dog - who has been named Woody by the school kids and staff - became frightened as the children entered the IT Training Classroom on Thursday morning, startling it as it was sat there at one of the stations posting on something called 'Jet Blast.'"









Last edited by chuks; 28th Jul 2019 at 11:40.
chuks is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 12:59
  #19144 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South East England
Posts: 303
Originally Posted by chuks View Post
While we might have some minor differences of opinion, I am glad to see that Eclectic and I are on the same page.......................more stuff.
You lose. Ad hominem. You cannot counter my arguments so you resort to personal abuse.
.
Eclectic is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 14:04
  #19145 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 76
Originally Posted by punkalouver View Post
Does anybody here actually think that Trump's tweets about the city of Baltimore were evidence of racism.

I did read a tweet today about comparing it(or at least parts of it) to a third world country.

Is it racist to compare sections of Baltimore to a third world country?
Can't say...distracted by the taxonomic impossibility of "rat and rodent."

Last edited by dogsridewith; 29th Jul 2019 at 12:41.
dogsridewith is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 14:08
  #19146 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: apogee
Age: 65
Posts: 59
Ad hominem
I believe that's from trump's handbook - "The Art of the Political Game for Dummies".
Pages 1 through 421 inclusive but spelled incorrectly.
meadowrun is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 14:50
  #19147 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Middle America
Age: 79
Posts: 1,146
White House Oval Office Critical Business

Friday was a typical day for Trump in the Oval Office tending to the countries most important business as he focuses on world stability. Trump proclaimed that an investigation should be mounted on the book deals signed by former President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle. The $65 million multiple book deal spawned a best seller for Michelle Obama, along with a memoir by Barack Obama scheduled for release sometime in 2020. Trump also claimed that President Obama ruined the White House air-conditioning because it can’t maintain a comfortable temperature. Recall that when Trump first moved into the White House, he called it a dump.

Then on Saturday, the Trumpster said, via Twitter, that Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Maryland) was a “brutal bully” for his cross examination of border patrol officials at committee hearings over conditions at the southern border. Trump said Cummings own home district was “far worse and more dangerous.” "The Baltimore District is a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess."
Then Trump said, "If he spent more time in Baltimore, maybe he could help clean up this very dangerous & filthy place," then called for an investigation into why Baltimore received so much federal funding. “Why is so much money sent to the Elijah Cummings district when it is considered the worst run and most dangerous anywhere in the United States. No human being would want to live there. Where is all this money going? How much is stolen? Investigate this corrupt mess immediately!”

Actually Elijah Cummings commutes daily from his home to Washington DC and returns home in the evening, it's not that lengthy of a commute. As to the "brutal bully" tag, Trump was obviously looking at himself in the mirror, fluffing what's left of his disappearing hair when he came up with the "brutal bully" description label he tagged Elijah Cummings with. As to whether or not this was a racist remark by Trump, I tend to go with the dictionary definition of a racist: A person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes a particular race is superior to another. Thesaurus: He was exposed as a racist, racial bigot, racialist, xenophobe, chauvinist, supremacist. Over Trump's history, he fits all of the descriptions of a racist, some of which inadvertently spilled out in his attack on Elijah Cummings and the four Congressional women of color. I'm sure Eclectic will hop in with arranged photo-ops of Trump surrounded by people of color just to disprove what is apparent and obvious.

Trump needs to get the rapper, A$AP Rocky, back from Sweden ASAP so he can register Republican and stump for votes for Trump in African-American communities across the US during the 2020 campaign. But, I don’t think he will get many votes in the Baltimore district Trump disparaged Saturday.
Turbine D is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 16:02
  #19148 (permalink)  
Below the Glidepath - not correcting
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,626
Originally Posted by punkalouver View Post
Does anybody here actually think that Trump's tweets about the city of Baltimore were evidence of racism.

I did read a tweet today about comparing it(or at least parts of it) to a third world country.

Is it racist to compare sections of Baltimore to a third world country?
1. They weren't evidence of Trump's racism per se, but were evidence of how he believes the majority of his base are either racist or support racist ideals. This was yet another rallying call to the ideology he thinks will get him re-elected.

2. It wasn't really about Baltimore or race at all, it was about Elijah Cummings getting too close with his investigations as chair of the House Committee on oversight. If he can get a reaction out of Cummings on this, when Cummings reports on trump's graft and corruption, the orange toddler will simply claim Cummings has a personal vendetta against him because he was called nasty names. It's the kind of "Smokebomb!" distraction that 4th graders try at school when caught in a lie by the teacher, but apparently the media can't get enough of it.
Two's in is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 16:12
  #19149 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Germany
Age: 71
Posts: 1,560
Little Latin and less Greek ....

And not much sense, either!

So, Emetic, do you know anything else in Greek besides "ad hominem"? You seem to think that is some magic key that unlocks victory in each verbal joust. (I would not call what you present as any sort of "arguments," although you do present yourself as argumentative. As to "personal abuse," I think you have that well in hand.)

What happened to that other fresh Trump booster, the one with a bunch of C-130 time? This is like watching the lawn after a rain shower but just before a mowing, the way these guys come and go. Sort of like Trump's White House team that way, aren't they?
chuks is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 16:37
  #19150 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Here, there, and everywhere
Posts: 716
Originally Posted by Two's in View Post
1. They weren't evidence of Trump's racism per se, but were evidence of how he believes the majority of his base are either racist or support racist ideals. This was yet another rallying call to the ideology he thinks will get him re-elected.
Are you serious though? Does comparing parts of Baltimore to a third world country really have anything to do with racism?
punkalouver is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 16:43
  #19151 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: UAE
Posts: 232
Parts of Baltimore are pretty bad one has to admit
not the sort of place for a relaxing evening stroll !
Jack D is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 16:59
  #19152 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: apogee
Age: 65
Posts: 59
Does comparing parts of Baltimore to a third world country really have anything to do with racism?
Very likely as Baltimore is about 65% black in population and he personally attacked a black representative (Rep. Elijah Cummings) who represents a part of Baltimore. trump basically wrote off an American city. Not enough votes there to matter?
meadowrun is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 17:41
  #19153 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: my easychair
Posts: 31
Cool

Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner View Post
Maybe not racist, I couldn't tell, but is Baltimore not part of his responsibility as President of the USA? Or is he only the President of Success, and forget the rest?
Strange country that.
Per
Totally agree. Suggest the word strange be replaced by insane.
slack is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 19:08
  #19154 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: not scotland
Posts: 186
Originally Posted by Eclectic View Post

You lose. Ad hominem. You cannot counter my arguments so you resort to personal abuse.
.
Trump resorts to Ad Hominem attacks against his oponents on a daily basis. Does he lose? Asking for a friend.
Toadstool is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 19:13
  #19155 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Germany
Age: 71
Posts: 1,560
You quoted me out of context. Wonder why ....

Punkalouver, instead of this:

"'Does comparing parts of Baltimore to a third world country really have anything to do with racism?' That is a good question, and one I think one could answer with a 'Yes, of course!' in this case." (My emphasis.)

try this, instead:

"Does comparing parts of Baltimore to a third world country really have anything to do with racism?" That is a good question, and one I think one could answer with a "Yes, of course!" in this case.

That would be because Trump said, "No human being would want to live there [in Cummings' Baltimore district]."


You seem to have missed the part where I made my case for why that comparison was racist, punkalouver. If you want to argue about what I stated, then be so kind as to use the entire quote, all of what I stated. In this case you chose what you wanted to, ignoring the rather obvious other half, the half that contradicts the way you want to make Donald Trump's racism = Bernie Sanders' racism on the simple-minded basis that both have criticized Baltimore, therefore both must be racist, but according to some sort of false logic you accuse others of using. That's a "straw man" you just knocked down.

Show us where Sanders said, as Trump did, that "No human being would want to live there," when "there" referred only to Elijah Cummings mostly black district.

Sanders' criticism seeks to include: Baltimore is part of the States, yet it is nowhere near as good as it should be to fit in with his idealized, caring USA. There is a call in that to make Baltimore better.

Trump's criticism seeks to exclude just one part of Baltimore, one that happens to be mostly Black, as a rat-infested hellhole that nobody human would want to live in. As a native New Yorker would say, Fahgeddaboudit!

Try a very simple bit of logic and follow along with the Donald:

Nobody human would want to live in Cummings' district.

Cummings lives in Cummings' district.

Cummings must be less than human, to live in a district nobody human would want to live in.

I yanked on the lever and all three windows showed RACIST!
chuks is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 19:28
  #19156 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,490
Originally Posted by chuks View Post
Punkalouver, instead of this:

"'Does comparing parts of Baltimore to a third world country really have anything to do with racism?' That is a good question, and one I think one could answer with a 'Yes, of course!' in this case." (My emphasis.)

try this, instead:

"Does comparing parts of Baltimore to a third world country really have anything to do with racism?" That is a good question, and one I think one could answer with a "Yes, of course!" in this case.

That would be because Trump said, "No human being would want to live there [in Cummings' Baltimore district]."


You seem to have missed the part where I made my case for why that comparison was racist, punkalouver. If you want to argue about what I stated, then be so kind as to use the entire quote, all of what I stated. In this case you chose what you wanted to, ignoring the rather obvious other half, the half that contradicts the way you want to make Donald Trump's racism = Bernie Sanders' racism on the simple-minded basis that both have criticized Baltimore, therefore both must be racist, but according to some sort of false logic you accuse others of using. That's a "straw man" you just knocked down.

Show us where Sanders said, as Trump did, that "No human being would want to live there," when "there" referred only to Elijah Cummings mostly black district.

Sanders' criticism seeks to include: Baltimore is part of the States, yet it is nowhere near as good as it should be to fit in with his idealized, caring USA. There is a call in that to make Baltimore better.

Trump's criticism seeks to exclude just one part of Baltimore, one that happens to be mostly Black, as a rat-infested hellhole that nobody human would want to live in. As a native New Yorker would say, Fahgeddaboudit!

Try a very simple bit of logic and follow along with the Donald:

Nobody human would want to live in Cummings' district.

Cummings lives in Cummings' district.

Cummings must be less than human, to live in a district nobody human would want to live in.

I yanked on the lever and all three windows showed RACIST!

It's racist because you choose to interpret it that way. You're also likely one of the lot who believe owning a pet is racist as owning something living and breathing is a throwback to slavery. It was all fine and dandy when Bernie called parts of Baltimore third world like, let Trump (like Bernie) tell the truth and you easily offended snowflakes iso a false narrative cry in your tofu.
West Coast is online now  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 20:03
  #19157 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: E.Wash State
Posts: 593
This whole Cummings/Ballmer tweetfest is 100% a political fight, as part of 2020. And Trump is, once again way out in front. While Chuks, and the rest of the Dems and media (but I repeat myself) nadler on about "racism", Trump is pushing them into a corner.
He's in effect asking:
Why is there murder and mayhem every weekend in Chicago?
Why are there piles of poo in San Fran?
Why is there typhoid in LA?
Why are there weekly riots in Portland?
Why did Detroit go bankrupt?
Why are NY cops standing around while perps throw water bombs at them?
And why can't Ballmer control its rodents?

The common thread? All run for decades by Dems. And now they want us to think they can run the country?

Racism, shmasism. Trump doesn't care what you call him. Reality is what will get him re-elected.
obgraham is offline  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 20:25
  #19158 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Not where I want to be
Age: 66
Posts: 229
Originally Posted by obgraham View Post
This whole Cummings/Ballmer tweetfest is 100% a political fight, as part of 2020. And Trump is, once again way out in front. While Chuks, and the rest of the Dems and media (but I repeat myself) nadler on about "racism", Trump is pushing them into a corner.
He's in effect asking:
Why is there murder and mayhem every weekend in Chicago?
Why are there piles of poo in San Fran?
Why is there typhoid in LA?
Why are there weekly riots in Portland?
Why did Detroit go bankrupt?
Why are NY cops standing around while perps throw water bombs at them?
And why can't Ballmer control its rodents?

The common thread? All run for decades by Dems. And now they want us to think they can run the country?

Racism, shmasism. Trump doesn't care what you call him. Reality is what will get him re-elected.
Don't know about the US, but in my country we would have blamed the government, and ultimately our PM for all the above. In your case that would be Trump.
Per
Ancient Mariner is online now  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 20:29
  #19159 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,490
Originally Posted by Ancient Mariner View Post
Don't know about the US, but in my country we would have blamed the government, and ultimately our PM for all the above. In your case that would be Trump.
Per


No personal accountability, noted. Your post also shows a lack of understanding of how government works (or sometimes doesn’t work) at local, state and federal levels. If you plan to opine, is it too much to ask you do some studying? If you simply want recognition, start your own hamster thread. Make sure the first post is about how the US and Trump ensure your safety.


West Coast is online now  
Old 28th Jul 2019, 20:34
  #19160 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: E.Wash State
Posts: 593
AM, you must have missed the bit where I pointed out that the Dems have run those places for decades. Trump's only been there for 2.5 years, and the Feds don't run the cities here.
Fine if your places are run differently.
obgraham is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.