Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Social > Jet Blast
Reload this Page >

US Politics Hamsterwheel v2.0

Jet Blast Topics that don't fit the other forums. Rules of Engagement apply.

US Politics Hamsterwheel v2.0

Old 27th Mar 2019, 18:10
  #17901 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,793
Originally Posted by structor View Post
  1. Abuse of power
  2. Amoral behavior
  3. Illegal financial benefit from the Presidency
  4. Corruption of truth
  5. Obstruction of justice
  6. Withholding of tax accounts
  7. Disastrous and unsubstantiated foreign policy
  8. Mental instability
  9. Seriously deficient intelligence and education in diplomacy and international affairs
  10. Access to the nuclear strike capability
  11. Negligent waste of taxpayers money in weekend trips to Mar Al Lago
  12. Inability to understand and relate to the needs of US citizens who are not billionaires
  13. And last of all the idiocy of his 'WALL' which will piss billions into the sands that could have been better used.
Your family drawn to dramatics? To be fair, during the Obama administration many of conservative had to be talked off the ledge with similar concerns.

WRT 13, curious why you believe that, or are you simply repeating what your family and the media are spouting?
West Coast is offline  
Old 27th Mar 2019, 21:42
  #17902 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Germany
Age: 73
Posts: 1,561
English as your second language, or what?

Trump himself said of his wall that it would be almost impossible to climb over. You can write that in another way, you know: His wall will be possible to climb over. Then there is tunneling under it: also possible. So ... what is the point, given that there are many better ways to secure our border with Mexico?

We all know this guy is stupid, but just how stupid is he? When you are confronted with a 30-foot wall you bring a 35-foot ladder. If you need to get under ten-foot footings, you dig a tunnel twelve feet down. Right, Donald, no way to get over or under your beautiful wall. You tell 'em.

The last time I was so positive of what I knew, that was thinking that we would never elect such an obvious assclown as Trump. (That said, I did win Ä50 off a Swedish friend betting that we could be stupid enough to do exactly that. I wanted to jinx Trump with my bet.) Now I am positive that this wall will never be built. And I am very, very extremely positive that Mexico will not pay for the wall.

Trump is just messing with his base, I think. In the end it will be that he tried his best ... but those darn Democrats! They just want to see that Mexican invasion continue, all those illegals who always vote Democratic.
chuks is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2019, 02:07
  #17903 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,793
Originally Posted by chuks View Post
Trump himself said of his wall that it would be almost impossible to climb over. You can write that in another way, you know: His wall will be possible to climb over. Then there is tunneling under it: also possible. So ... what is the point, given that there are many better ways to secure our border with Mexico?

We all know this guy is stupid, but just how stupid is he? When you are confronted with a 30-foot wall you bring a 35-foot ladder. If you need to get under ten-foot footings, you dig a tunnel twelve feet down. Right, Donald, no way to get over or under your beautiful wall. You tell 'em.

The last time I was so positive of what I knew, that was thinking that we would never elect such an obvious assclown as Trump. (That said, I did win €50 off a Swedish friend betting that we could be stupid enough to do exactly that. I wanted to jinx Trump with my bet.) Now I am positive that this wall will never be built. And I am very, very extremely positive that Mexico will not pay for the wall.

Trump is just messing with his base, I think. In the end it will be that he tried his best ... but those darn Democrats! They just want to see that Mexican invasion continue, all those illegals who always vote Democratic.
I’m glad you brought the topic up again. Last time I asked you to address why you over in Germany should be believed wrt building a wall over the head of the CBP, (Obama appointed) the head of the union and the rank and file agents all believe in building the wall. Last time you evaded answering and ran off with your tail tucked.


Last edited by West Coast; 28th Mar 2019 at 05:20.
West Coast is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2019, 02:43
  #17904 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: E.Wash State
Posts: 0
Westy, same reason he's so sure that Trump will be drawn and quartered once the entire Mueller report is released: he has inside information about the content!
obgraham is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2019, 05:19
  #17905 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,793
Originally Posted by obgraham View Post
Westy, same reason he's so sure that Trump will be drawn and quartered once the entire Mueller report is released: he has inside information about the content!
Iím sure heíll respond in a bloated multi paragraph diatribe where he wonít address the topic but ask why I voted for Trump despite not having done so.
West Coast is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2019, 06:30
  #17906 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Germany
Age: 73
Posts: 1,561
Bigg wurdz from I.M., but I.R. wins again!

Whoah, a victory dance, one meant to show alert readers that I once ran off with my tail tucked. What, WC, I was defeated then by the power of the logic in your question? If you say so, if you say so ....

Well, tuck this bit somewhere shady, Trump-lovers: "Public-sector unions are biased by the labor interests of members and their political interests in forging strategic relationships with whoever is in power. Union officials do not tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Disinterested policy insight isn’t something they offer. And politicians who pretend otherwise are trying to mislead you." That's from this think-piece I found on the Atlantic website: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/trump-nbpc/580237/

Non-specific, I know, but simply think of how often we see some Chief of Police get up there to speak on behalf of his rank and file to contradict what the mayor just said in a stump speech.

WC, I know you like to keep it simple, when they don't come much more simple than arguments borrowed from Trump, but do you really think that this complete reversal on the wall by the CBP union means that they now stand united behind something they recently were so dismissive of? "Walls and fences are only a speed bump. People who want to come to the United States to obtain employment will continue to go over, under, and around the walls and fences that are constructed."

Did you just ask someone who lives in Germany what he thinks about border walls? How much of a dunderhead would someone have to be not to know that a large part of Germany put its trust in a border wall, one that far surpassed whatever Trump wants to see built?

So, how did that " border wall" thing work out for East Germany, WC? Was it boffo or a flop?

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that most people now think that the wall on the internal German border was a very expensive flop. On the other hand, it would have been hard to find many citizens of East Germany who spoke up to say it was a bad idea when it was being built. That part you got right, WC.

Nice one, OB. You are sure that I am sure that .... Yes, yes, but am I just as sure that I know what you are sure about, as sure as you are about what I am sure about? I am not sure that I am as sure about what you think I am sure about as you are sure about that.

Tell you what, OB, you be sure for both of us about what I think, okay? It would make a real mess, trying to hang, draw, and quarter a 285-pound orange bag of suet, so that I am not sure that I am sure that is the way to go; there must be better options available, but if you are sure that I am sure about that, you just go right ahead and be sure for both of us.

By the way: What is the point of doing a cut-and-paste of my entire post? Why force someone to read the whole thing again, rather than just quote some small part of what I wrote in the first place, whatever it is you want to disagree with?

Last edited by chuks; 28th Mar 2019 at 06:41.
chuks is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2019, 16:14
  #17907 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: E.Wash State
Posts: 0
----Q. E. D.
obgraham is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2019, 19:51
  #17908 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 0
Originally Posted by obgraham View Post
----Q. E. D.

so was the Mueller report which didn't
lomapaseo is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2019, 20:12
  #17909 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Texas
Age: 62
Posts: 5,659
@West Coast
McCain's line on the US use of troops was "don't do it halfassed like was done in Viet Nam" and it informed his initial objections to the Bosnia ops in the mid 90's.
But you are right, he was not intensely averse to military force/deployment as a means to an end. His criticisms of President Bush during OIF were not well received by many in the hard core of the GOP power clique.
Lonewolf_50 is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2019, 22:04
  #17910 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,793
Originally Posted by chuks View Post
Whoah, a victory dance, one meant to show alert readers that I once ran off with my tail tucked. What, WC, I was defeated then by the power of the logic in your question? If you say so, if you say so ....

Well, tuck this bit somewhere shady, Trump-lovers: "Public-sector unions are biased by the labor interests of members and their political interests in forging strategic relationships with whoever is in power. Union officials do not tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Disinterested policy insight isnít something they offer. And politicians who pretend otherwise are trying to mislead you." That's from this think-piece I found on the Atlantic website: https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/01/trump-nbpc/580237/

Non-specific, I know, but simply think of how often we see some Chief of Police get up there to speak on behalf of his rank and file to contradict what the mayor just said in a stump speech.

WC, I know you like to keep it simple, when they don't come much more simple than arguments borrowed from Trump, but do you really think that this complete reversal on the wall by the CBP union means that they now stand united behind something they recently were so dismissive of? "Walls and fences are only a speed bump. People who want to come to the United States to obtain employment will continue to go over, under, and around the walls and fences that are constructed."

Did you just ask someone who lives in Germany what he thinks about border walls? How much of a dunderhead would someone have to be not to know that a large part of Germany put its trust in a border wall, one that far surpassed whatever Trump wants to see built?

So, how did that " border wall" thing work out for East Germany, WC? Was it boffo or a flop?

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that most people now think that the wall on the internal German border was a very expensive flop. On the other hand, it would have been hard to find many citizens of East Germany who spoke up to say it was a bad idea when it was being built. That part you got right, WC.

Nice one, OB. You are sure that I am sure that .... Yes, yes, but am I just as sure that I know what you are sure about, as sure as you are about what I am sure about? I am not sure that I am as sure about what you think I am sure about as you are sure about that.

Tell you what, OB, you be sure for both of us about what I think, okay? It would make a real mess, trying to hang, draw, and quarter a 285-pound orange bag of suet, so that I am not sure that I am sure that is the way to go; there must be better options available, but if you are sure that I am sure about that, you just go right ahead and be sure for both of us.

By the way: What is the point of doing a cut-and-paste of my entire post? Why force someone to read the whole thing again, rather than just quote some small part of what I wrote in the first place, whatever it is you want to disagree with?

So you donít have an answer beyond the union is corrupt.

West Coast is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2019, 22:32
  #17911 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Germany
Age: 73
Posts: 1,561
WC, why do you bother to retort to stuff you haven't even read? Union leaders have to keep the boss happy, within reason. Here the CBP union is trying to keep Trump happy by parroting his lines, that's all. Where do you see corruption in that? This is politics.

You guys ... Trump rolls out people to use as stage props and you think that shows that suddenly all, but all members of Customs and Border Patrol are for the very same wall that their leaders had criticized just shortly beforehand.

Seriously, my dudes, you look like a whole pack of dogs all chasing that ball that Trump only pretended to throw! Where did you put your brains? Are they with the coat check girl at Club Trump for the next two years, or what? You should all do the good thing and become organ donors: spleens, kidneys, eyes, but especially the BRAINS. "Top condition; low mileage; hardly been used!"

Look, I don't really mind the lousy grammar and the lack of ability to spell common words; your prose still makes a welcome break from reading Trumptweets. It is the rampant idiocy that gets on my tits, though.

I used to tell myself to pop another Xanax and chill out. To take a big hit off the bong and get back in the hot tub for the next two years or whatever because anyway these guys are just pretending to do this Trump thing. It's just them winding up the liberals, faking the Trump trip, nothing more. Who could really be as thick as Trump except Trump himself? And Donald, Jr., yeah, and of course Eric, but aside from those three? Okay, Michael "Yeah, put my name on the papers for that Delaware corporation" Cohen, okay, him too and that makes four. But anyway this, this situation is still within bounds ....

Well, I was wrong to think Trump would never be elected, and I think I might have got this one wrong too. Me, the genius. What did that stupid thing I read the other day say? Was it that from age 40 on we lose 5% of our brain every decade ... or was that every year?

I think I might be in trouble. Move over boys, some of those tweets are beginning to make sense.
chuks is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2019, 22:58
  #17912 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 42
Semper Fidelis

Originally Posted by chuks View Post
WC, why do you bother to retort to stuff you haven't even read? Union leaders have to keep the boss happy, within reason. Here the CBP union is trying to keep Trump happy by parroting his lines, that's all. Where do you see corruption in that? This is politics.

You guys ... Trump rolls out people to use as stage props and you think that shows that suddenly all, but all members of Customs and Border Patrol are for the very same wall that their leaders had criticized just shortly beforehand.

Seriously, my dudes, you look like a whole pack of dogs all chasing that ball that Trump only pretended to throw! Where did you put your brains? Are they with the coat check girl at Club Trump for the next two years, or what? You should all do the good thing and become organ donors: spleens, kidneys, eyes, but especially the BRAINS. "Top condition; low mileage; hardly been used!"

Look, I don't really mind the lousy grammar and the lack of ability to spell common words; your prose still makes a welcome break from reading Trumptweets. It is the rampant idiocy that gets on my tits, though.

I used to tell myself to pop another Xanax and chill out. To take a big hit off the bong and get back in the hot tub for the next two years or whatever because anyway these guys are just pretending to do this Trump thing. It's just them winding up the liberals, faking the Trump trip, nothing more. Who could really be as thick as Trump except Trump himself? And Donald, Jr., yeah, and of course Eric, but aside from those three? Okay, Michael "Yeah, put my name on the papers for that Delaware corporation" Cohen, okay, him too and that makes four. But anyway this, this situation is still within bounds ....

Well, I was wrong to think Trump would never be elected, and I think I might have got this one wrong too. Me, the genius. What did that stupid thing I read the other day say? Was it that from age 40 on we lose 5% of our brain every decade ... or was that every year?

I think I might be in trouble. Move over boys, some of those tweets are beginning to make sense.
Come on Chuks - This not like you. You have been carrying the flag. Nil Desperandum. The fight is only half way done.

ĒIt is to be regretted that the rich and powerful too often bend the acts of government to their own selfish purposes.Ē

Andrew Jackson
structor is offline  
Old 28th Mar 2019, 23:34
  #17913 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,793
Originally Posted by chuks View Post
WC, why do you bother to retort to stuff you haven't even read? Union leaders have to keep the boss happy, within reason. Here the CBP union is trying to keep Trump happy by parroting his lines, that's all. Where do you see corruption in that? This is politics.

You guys ... Trump rolls out people to use as stage props and you think that shows that suddenly all, but all members of Customs and Border Patrol are for the very same wall that their leaders had criticized just shortly beforehand.

Seriously, my dudes, you look like a whole pack of dogs all chasing that ball that Trump only pretended to throw! Where did you put your brains? Are they with the coat check girl at Club Trump for the next two years, or what? You should all do the good thing and become organ donors: spleens, kidneys, eyes, but especially the BRAINS. "Top condition; low mileage; hardly been used!"

Look, I don't really mind the lousy grammar and the lack of ability to spell common words; your prose still makes a welcome break from reading Trumptweets. It is the rampant idiocy that gets on my tits, though.

I used to tell myself to pop another Xanax and chill out. To take a big hit off the bong and get back in the hot tub for the next two years or whatever because anyway these guys are just pretending to do this Trump thing. It's just them winding up the liberals, faking the Trump trip, nothing more. Who could really be as thick as Trump except Trump himself? And Donald, Jr., yeah, and of course Eric, but aside from those three? Okay, Michael "Yeah, put my name on the papers for that Delaware corporation" Cohen, okay, him too and that makes four. But anyway this, this situation is still within bounds ....

Well, I was wrong to think Trump would never be elected, and I think I might have got this one wrong too. Me, the genius. What did that stupid thing I read the other day say? Was it that from age 40 on we lose 5% of our brain every decade ... or was that every year?

I think I might be in trouble. Move over boys, some of those tweets are beginning to make sense.
What a load of bull Chuks and you know it. You throw out some unfounded crap minus any evidence. Of your own admission itís weak.

You still havenít tried the other two, an Obama appointee who held the opinion before Trump won. And what of the rank and file agents who arent sitting in an easy chair thousands of miles away eating bratwursts, but rather are on the border doing the job?

You've lost this one. Might want to head over to the DNC website and pick up the latest talking points on the topic as youíre clearly unprepared.
West Coast is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2019, 04:03
  #17914 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Germany
Age: 73
Posts: 1,561
How very Trumpian!

So, WC, you have declared victory all on your own.

Try and follow along here, please. Your basic argument is that the wall must be a good idea because all the CBP people are for it.

The notion that not all CBP people really can be for it is a pretty obvious one because of at least two things.

One thing is that this wall is not what Trump promises it is, as shown by his own words. He's selling it as some sort of impenetrable physical barrier, but doing that by telling believers in it that it will be "almost impossible" to climb. The clear sense of that combination is that it will be possible to climb the wall, since this one is binary: possible or impossible. (Almost impossible put simply means possible, just as slightly pregnant means pregnant.) That is just basic logic, as pointed out pre-Trump in that CBP union statement about how people will get over, under, or around any sort of barrier. You still will need people to watch the border, wall or no wall because you will have people getting past the wall.

The other thing is slightly complicated, since it means looking at how Trump tries to get his way. If you agree with whatever he proposes he will make his pretense that you and he are the best of friends. If you contradict him, even when he's talking absolute nonsense, perhaps contradicting what he just said, then he will get a hate on that is pure rage. In the case of the CBP it was obviously much safer to delete what they had said, perfectly sensible, obvious even, stuff about how a wall is not a panacea, and just play along. If Trump wants some CBP people as a stage props for some Oval Office dog and pony show, just go along. Trump clearly is that guy you want to have inside your tent pissing out rather than outside your tent pissing in.

WC, you have not bothered to engage with this contradiction between what CBP said then about the wall and what they now say. You are using North Korean logic here: The Great Leader says "I want wall!" when all minds swivel as one in the direction of "Wall! Must. Have. Wall. Wall suddenly great idea for absolute border control and we never said different!" Actually, I would bet what CBP would prefer for the most part is for the uncounted billions that this wall will cost to be spent on a combination of barriers, yes, but also more people and more high-tech tools that can catch people who cross the border illegally.

How, WC, do you account for the way that what CBP said then obviously contradicts what Trump says now and thus what CBP says now? You are ex-military, right? Do you meant to tell us that you never, ever stood there looking very respectful while some senior officer spouted absolute rubbish? I bet that you never let out a peep about how he had not a clue then. Anyone doing that obvious and sadly common act of military self-preservation makes himself corrupt, according to you? Your call sign really must have been Maverick, not Baldrick, then.

Last edited by chuks; 29th Mar 2019 at 04:37.
chuks is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2019, 04:58
  #17915 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,793
Originally Posted by chuks View Post
So, WC, you have declared victory all on your own.

Try and follow along here, please. Your basic argument is that the wall must be a good idea because all the CBP people are for it.

The notion that not all CBP people really can be for it is a pretty obvious one because of at least two things.

One thing is that this wall is not what Trump promises it is, as shown by his own words. He's selling it as some sort of impenetrable physical barrier, but doing that by telling believers in it that it will be "almost impossible" to climb. The clear sense of that combination is that it will be possible to climb the wall, since this one is binary: possible or impossible. (Almost impossible put simply means possible, just as slightly pregnant means pregnant.) That is just basic logic, as pointed out pre-Trump in that CBP union statement about how people will get over, under, or around any sort of barrier. You still will need people to watch the border, wall or no wall because you will have people getting past the wall.

The other thing is slightly complicated, since it means looking at how Trump tries to get his way. If you agree with whatever he proposes he will make his pretense that you and he are the best of friends. If you contradict him, even when he's talking absolute nonsense, perhaps contradicting what he just said, then he will get a hate on that is pure rage. In the case of the CBP it was obviously much safer to delete what they had said, perfectly sensible, obvious even, stuff about how a wall is not a panacea, and just play along. If Trump wants some CBP people as a stage props for some Oval Office dog and pony show, just go along. Trump clearly is that guy you want to have inside your tent pissing out rather than outside your tent pissing in.

WC, you have not bothered to engage with this contradiction between what CBP said then about the wall and what they now say. You are using North Korean logic here: The Great Leader says "I want wall!" when all minds swivel as one in the direction of "Wall! Must. Have. Wall. Wall suddenly great idea for absolute border control and we never said different!" Actually, I would bet what CBP would prefer for the most part is for the uncounted billions that this wall will cost to be spent on a combination of barriers, yes, but also more people and more high-tech tools that can catch people who cross the border illegally.

How, WC, do you account for the way that what CBP said then obviously contradicts what Trump says now and thus what CBP says now? You are ex-military, right? Do you meant to tell us that you never, ever stood there looking very respectful while some senior officer spouted absolute rubbish? I bet that you never let out a peep about how he had not a clue then. Anyone doing that obvious and sadly common act of military self-preservation makes himself corrupt, according to you? Your call sign really must have been Maverick, not Baldrick, then.
Trump derangement disease at its worst. Iíve asked why certain the professionals out on the border believe the wall is needed. I didnít ask why about Trump and his beliefs.

Address that specifically. Make the argument (a believable one, not some crap about a union trying to please the employer) why you not even living remotely close to the border, receiving your information via the media should be believed over the professionals doing the job on a daily basis.You know, the ones in uniform patrolling the border, making the arrests.

This was pretty much the same question I asked of you a few months ago that caused you to run for the hills.
West Coast is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2019, 08:00
  #17916 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Germany
Age: 73
Posts: 1,561
For "all," just substitute "certain [of]."

WC, here is part of what you first posted about the wall: " ... [T]he head of the CBP, (Obama appointed) the head of the union and the rank and file agents all believe in building the wall." Note the use there of "all."

Now you maintain something different: "Iíve asked why certain the professionals out on the border believe the wall is needed. I didnít ask why about Trump and his beliefs."

So you started out with "all" of CBP being behind the wall, but now it's only "certain" of them? (Yeah, and certain aviation professionals think 9/11 was faked. So?) Now you have done one of those Trumpian scribble-scrabble sideways crab numbers and moved over to state exactly what I was trying to tell you, that not all of CBP, obviously, backs Trump on this wall nonsense. You have won, by switching over to what I had been trying to tell you?

That certain CBP folks do back Trump on his wall, well yes, I suppose they do. There we have to guess why, given previous CBP opposition to the same nonsense they now agree with. WC, that you "didnít ask why about Trump and his beliefs," seems to show something you are missing, even though it should be quite obvious. Good thing you went for aviation instead of work as an investigator, eh?

Here, after all, we do see a certain number of supposedly sentient and loyal American citizens backing Trump: the assclown who counts various enemy dictators as his treasured friends. That number over all is not even close to all of us, though. On a good day, about 40% of them stand there proudly in their stupid red hats with Trump Kool Aid dripping down their chins. At least I hope that is Kool Aid!

WC, you and the rest of your rabble are standing on the wrong side of history. This "playing in traffic" thing that you are enjoying is not going to work out for you in the long run, just as it will not, in fact already has not, for Trump.

So we got this mini-debate about the wall settled: WC switched to my position and declared himself the winner. Fine. Congratulations on your smashing victory, WC. Do that I.R. Baboon no-pants victory dance for us again; it was fun to watch.

Here is the next one, for you, WC, you theep dinker you: Richard Nixon was notably crooked, but also highly intelligent, very crafty, and a master politician. Richard Nixon went down in flames for wrongs various that he did in office, what generally is known as "Watergate." Now try to follow along, because here comes the question:

Donald Trump is yet more crooked than Nixon ever was, remarkably stupid, notably clumsy, and no politician at all. Given all Trump's negatives, do you see him getting away with more extreme bad behavior than what Nixon did not get away with? (As a businessman Trump had already suffered at least four bankruptcies, and the forced payment of $25 million for running a fake university. Those things were the business equivalents of impeachment I suppose.)

For those of us not up to speed with the career of Richard Milhouse Nixon: Nixon served honorably in the US Navy in the Pacific during the Second World War. Later he succeeded in politics using quite clever but totally underhanded tactics right along, plus a certain amount of obvious corruption (the "Hughes loan," for example), to the amazement of many. (This guy was like Rasputin, damned near impossible to kill!) At the peak of his success, after a landslide victory winning him his second term as president, it all came crashing down over what he had called a "third-rate burglary." His own Republican party turned against him so that he had to resign in disgrace, following Spiro Theodore Agnew, his first vice president, in that. (We ended up for the first time in American history with both a president and a vice president who had been appointed, not elected.)
chuks is offline  
Old 29th Mar 2019, 12:33
  #17917 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: surfing, watching for sharks
Posts: 3,793
Originally Posted by chuks View Post
WC, here is part of what you first posted about the wall: " ... [T]he head of the CBP, (Obama appointed) the head of the union and the rank and file agents all believe in building the wall." Note the use there of "all."

Now you maintain something different: "Iíve asked why certain the professionals out on the border believe the wall is needed. I didnít ask why about Trump and his beliefs."

So you started out with "all" of CBP being behind the wall, but now it's only "certain" of them? (Yeah, and certain aviation professionals think 9/11 was faked. So?) Now you have done one of those Trumpian scribble-scrabble sideways crab numbers and moved over to state exactly what I was trying to tell you, that not all of CBP, obviously, backs Trump on this wall nonsense. You have won, by switching over to what I had been trying to tell you?

That certain CBP folks do back Trump on his wall, well yes, I suppose they do. There we have to guess why, given previous CBP opposition to the same nonsense they now agree with. WC, that you "didnít ask why about Trump and his beliefs," seems to show something you are missing, even though it should be quite obvious. Good thing you went for aviation instead of work as an investigator, eh?

Here, after all, we do see a certain number of supposedly sentient and loyal American citizens backing Trump: the assclown who counts various enemy dictators as his treasured friends. That number over all is not even close to all of us, though. On a good day, about 40% of them stand there proudly in their stupid red hats with Trump Kool Aid dripping down their chins. At least I hope that is Kool Aid!

WC, you and the rest of your rabble are standing on the wrong side of history. This "playing in traffic" thing that you are enjoying is not going to work out for you in the long run, just as it will not, in fact already has not, for Trump.

So we got this mini-debate about the wall settled: WC switched to my position and declared himself the winner. Fine. Congratulations on your smashing victory, WC. Do that I.R. Baboon no-pants victory dance for us again; it was fun to watch.

Here is the next one, for you, WC, you theep dinker you: Richard Nixon was notably crooked, but also highly intelligent, very crafty, and a master politician. Richard Nixon went down in flames for wrongs various that he did in office, what generally is known as "Watergate." Now try to follow along, because here comes the question:

Donald Trump is yet more crooked than Nixon ever was, remarkably stupid, notably clumsy, and no politician at all. Given all Trump's negatives, do you see him getting away with more extreme bad behavior than what Nixon did not get away with? (As a businessman Trump had already suffered at least four bankruptcies, and the forced payment of $25 million for running a fake university. Those things were the business equivalents of impeachment I suppose.)

For those of us not up to speed with the career of Richard Milhouse Nixon: Nixon served honorably in the US Navy in the Pacific during the Second World War. Later he succeeded in politics using quite clever but totally underhanded tactics right along, plus a certain amount of obvious corruption (the "Hughes loan," for example), to the amazement of many. (This guy was like Rasputin, damned near impossible to kill!) At the peak of his success, after a landslide victory winning him his second term as president, it all came crashing down over what he had called a "third-rate burglary." His own Republican party turned against him so that he had to resign in disgrace, following Spiro Theodore Agnew, his first vice president, in that. (We ended up for the first time in American history with both a president and a vice president who had been appointed, not elected.)
No answer to the question then.
West Coast is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2019, 17:43
  #17918 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Germany
Age: 73
Posts: 1,561
I seem to have lost a debate with a cheese sandwich.
chuks is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2019, 19:04
  #17919 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: apogee
Age: 66
Posts: 69
Kind of a shame LPs are now not so common. People sometimes need reminding of the sound of broken records.

So, the next week has been all tee'd up.
It will all be about the two caravans, the cutoff of aid to Honduras, San Salvador and another failed place and closing a border to the toon of $2b a day, a bunch of heartache for all sorts, maybe some revenge...some good looking into those traitors....there was No collusion, so there.

and the other side with -
Got to fix the failed places down there...that's the ticket, that's the cure.
Nevermind nothing but historical corruption, ineptitude in government and rampant lawlessness down there. (Got a plan?)
Illegal immigrants are not criminals. Asylum seekers have the right to bypass all sorts of safe harbours on their way to milk and honeyland.
And some report that still has had less than 50 words released.
meadowrun is offline  
Old 30th Mar 2019, 19:52
  #17920 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: US
Posts: 156
Originally Posted by meadowrun View Post
Kind of a shame LPs are now not so common. People sometimes need reminding of the sound of broken records.

So, the next week has been all tee'd up.
It will all be about the two caravans, the cutoff of aid to Honduras, San Salvador and another failed place and closing a border to the toon of $2b a day, a bunch of heartache for all sorts, maybe some revenge...some good looking into those traitors....there was No collusion, so there.

and the other side with -
Got to fix the failed places down there...that's the ticket, that's the cure.
Nevermind nothing but historical corruption, ineptitude in government and rampant lawlessness down there. (Got a plan?)
Illegal immigrants are not criminals. Asylum seekers have the right to bypass all sorts of safe harbours on their way to milk and honeyland.
And some report that still has had less than 50 words released.
And everyone in Congress shirks their responsibilities, the beat goes on and on and on and..........

Groundhog days.
fltlt is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.