Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Social > Jet Blast
Reload this Page >

Scottish MPs

Jet Blast Topics that don't fit the other forums. Rules of Engagement apply.

Scottish MPs

Old 21st Oct 2006, 13:31
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 1,089
Scottish MPs

Why do we seem to have so many Members of Parliament of Scottish origin? I am thinking of the likes of Reid, Brown etc. They do seem to be in abundance. And whilst on the subject should we not STOP them being in bot Parliamments? I married a Scot so this is not a jibe just a plain simple question.
WorkingHard is offline  
Old 21st Oct 2006, 15:04
  #2 (permalink)  

More than just an ATCO
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Up someone's nose
Age: 70
Posts: 1,768
Maybe the product of a superior education system?

99.9% of Scots are hard-working decent people; nevertheless they must accept the responsibility of electing the other 0.1%
Lon More is offline  
Old 21st Oct 2006, 15:24
  #3 (permalink)  
JetBlast member 2005.
JetBlast member 2006.
Banned 2007
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The US of A - sort of
Posts: 323
99.9% of Scots are hard-working decent people; nevertheless the other 0.1% is called Colmac
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! is offline  
Old 21st Oct 2006, 17:19
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 35
Originally Posted by Lon More View Post
Maybe the product of a superior education system?

99.9% of Scots are hard-working decent people; nevertheless they must accept the responsibility of electing the other 0.1%
The 0.1% will be the Celtic fans then

I think its mainly about the standard of education, and the strong political activities at our larger uni's.
EDIspotter is offline  
Old 21st Oct 2006, 17:46
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: -
Posts: 503
should we not STOP them
WTF?

I didn't know Westminster was an "English" Parliament - the last one was adjourned nearly 300 years ago was it not?

As for Scottish MPs, bring the lot of them back I say if they insist on piddling about running some other country's health service, transport infrastructure, etc. etc. Isn't it about time that English MPs ran their own affairs anyway? I for one don't want to cough up my taxes to pay some Scottish MPs to mess about with purely English aspects of a supposedly "UK Government".

Below is an excellent link that lets you know exactly who does what:

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mps/

Rant over!

PS I don't recall people from England being too upset at the lack of Scottish representation in previous Tory administrations - a case of double standards perhaps, or something a bit more sinister?
rab-k is offline  
Old 21st Oct 2006, 19:28
  #6 (permalink)  
Whatthef***!?!
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: The Isle of Rockall
Age: 43
Posts: 121
Talking

Originally Posted by Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! View Post
99.9% of Scots are hard-working decent people; nevertheless the other 0.1% is called Colmac


Why do we seem to have so many Members of Parliament of Scottish origin?
Why not?

Besides all the above, isn't it the case that the people of Englandshire are just plain thick, ie education [as mentioned above], therefore a Parliament made up of little Englanders is clearly a no-go.
colmac747 is offline  
Old 21st Oct 2006, 19:35
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SAVES!!!
Posts: 30
the least of your worries..... before long they'll be outnumbered by our other good friends, from india and the 'stans...
G-ZUZZ is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.