Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Interviews, jobs & sponsorship
Reload this Page >

BA Speedbird Academy 2023

Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

BA Speedbird Academy 2023

Old 13th Sep 2023, 15:15
  #21 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: Newry
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Angle_of_Attack
Training providers are FTEJerez and Skyborne!
Jerez?? The same as Aer Lingus? Would both cadet programs be able to overlap?
CatmanSlim is offline  
Old 13th Sep 2023, 15:17
  #22 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: Newry
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rt Hon Jim Hacker MP
Thanks. Have done this but nothing yet.
Same here, no updates. I believe they will open at the end of the month but if I get a message beforehand then I will be sure to ping you a message and remind you
CatmanSlim is offline  
Old 13th Sep 2023, 19:05
  #23 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Troposphere
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CatmanSlim
Same here, no updates. I believe they will open at the end of the month but if I get a message beforehand then I will be sure to ping you a message and remind you
It opens on September 19th.
Angle_of_Attack is offline  
Old 13th Sep 2023, 19:22
  #24 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: Newry
Posts: 30
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks man
CatmanSlim is offline  
Old 16th Sep 2023, 18:09
  #25 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: London
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all, it's me again.

Does anyone have any advice on what the maths test for the first application stage will be like? I study Maths to a high level at school but should be okay, however worried that it could be very nasty mental multiplication/division questions.

Thanks!
MrSandyWilly is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 11:14
  #26 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 97
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most of the guidance suggests;

- Cut-e Aon assessment programme
- GCSE/BBC Bitesize level for revision
4KBeta is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 11:23
  #27 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: England
Posts: 3
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cant find the Apply Now button?! help!
Wannabe2023 is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 11:54
  #28 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They've opened up today. However, I can't seem to find where to apply.
IHateTheSR71 is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 11:57
  #29 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 97
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IHateTheSR71
They've opened up today. However, I can't seem to find where to apply.
​​​​​​​

https://jobs.ba.com/jobs/vacancy/spe...3/description/
4KBeta is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 13:13
  #30 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: London
Posts: 91
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it me but the application form online is being very slow and laggy! Anyone else having this problem?
Nino24 is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 13:19
  #31 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: london
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nino24
Is it me but the application form online is being very slow and laggy! Anyone else having this problem?
Iím experiencing the same thing.
i think itís just down to the shear amount of people trying to access it.
belugaInBroughton is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 14:58
  #32 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: England
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by belugaInBroughton
Iím experiencing the same thing.
i think itís just down to the shear amount of people trying to access it.
Likewise!
treborc is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 20:40
  #33 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: London
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We go again! (knocked back from Aer Lingus one)

Applied tonight, completed SJT and Numerical - assume passed both as now have 'Checking' one to do. Going to save that for when I have a fresh pair of eyes in the morning.

SJT and Numerical were fairly standard - a little challenging but nothing terrible imo.

Best of luck all!
peter.a.96 is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 20:48
  #34 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 123
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by peter.a.96
We go again! (knocked back from Aer Lingus one)

Applied tonight, completed SJT and Numerical - assume passed both as now have 'Checking' one to do. Going to save that for when I have a fresh pair of eyes in the morning.

SJT and Numerical were fairly standard - a little challenging but nothing terrible imo.

Best of luck all!
Iím fairly sure it said they were to be completed in one sitting didnít it? At the bottom of the page where you apply.
Aj2017 is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 21:00
  #35 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: London
Posts: 18
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aj2017
Iím fairly sure it said they were to be completed in one sitting didnít it? At the bottom of the page where you apply.
Once you open the individual test you can't close and reopen, but just logged back into my account and it's still there to do
peter.a.96 is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 21:13
  #36 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 123
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by peter.a.96
Once you open the individual test you can't close and reopen, but just logged back into my account and it's still there to do
Yeah I saw that, but it does specifically say they should all be done in one sitting. Just because it allows you to go back in and do it doesnít mean thatís right. But thatís just my thoughts so doesnít necessarily mean Iím right, just how I interpreted it.
Aj2017 is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 22:35
  #37 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: london
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Checking Test

I have searched the internet and canít seem to find anything related to the Ďchecking testí has anyone got any info on that please?
harveyst is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2023, 07:28
  #38 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 123
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by harveyst
I have searched the internet and canít seem to find anything related to the Ďchecking testí has anyone got any info on that please?
Itís easy enough - thereís no real prep you can do for it, itís just checking if information is factually correct or not.
Aj2017 is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2023, 08:18
  #39 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: london
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aj2017
Itís easy enough - thereís no real prep you can do for it, itís just checking if information is factually correct or not.

thanks mate! Letís gooooo
harveyst is offline  
Old 20th Sep 2023, 10:41
  #40 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2022
Location: London
Posts: 19
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by peter.a.96
We go again! (knocked back from Aer Lingus one)

Applied tonight, completed SJT and Numerical - assume passed both as now have 'Checking' one to do. Going to save that for when I have a fresh pair of eyes in the morning.

SJT and Numerical were fairly standard - a little challenging but nothing terrible imo.

Best of luck all!
Good to hear. did u manage to complete all the Maths Qs. I got rejected as I timed out. Also how was your experience? The website was slow as hell and took appx 15 seconds to load inbetween questions even though the timer was still moving
Alanga1991 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.