Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Interviews, jobs & sponsorship
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Old 13th Jul 2019, 05:25
  #8941 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Latvia
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by Rocket61 View Post
Does anyone from the inside know anything about recruitment ? I heard they are overstaffed for this winter (of around 300 pilots) and that they are already offering unpaid leave for volonteers for next winter season... Will they still hire co-pilots ?
Try to send new application on CAE website and you will see that you can't. Looks Ike they stopped recruitment.

Last edited by Akum; 13th Jul 2019 at 06:55.
Akum is offline  
Old 13th Jul 2019, 11:59
  #8942 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Milano (Italy)
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by Akum View Post
Try to send new application on CAE website and you will see that you can't. Looks Ike they stopped recruitment.
If i am not wrong they always told that if you wanted to re-apply you had to use the same profile used for the first attempt.Maybe this is the reason you can't.
Grav is offline  
Old 13th Jul 2019, 12:58
  #8943 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Latvia
Posts: 13
https://careers.ryanair.com/cadets/
push apply button and will show you error 404,page not found. I just checked it again.
Akum is offline  
Old 13th Jul 2019, 13:38
  #8944 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Milano (Italy)
Posts: 8
I did not understood that you were talking about that page, i thought you meant the pages where you had to upload all the documents. I owe you some apologies. I tried too and got the same error.
Grav is offline  
Old 13th Jul 2019, 14:43
  #8945 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: rome
Posts: 7
Yes but you can find it directly on the CAE website by entering "ryanair" on their own browser and itis still there
Rocket61 is offline  
Old 13th Jul 2019, 14:59
  #8946 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: rome
Posts: 7
Only the link has changed, might be CAE who moved the page and Ryanair didn't update
Rocket61 is offline  
Old 13th Jul 2019, 20:09
  #8947 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: edinburgh
Posts: 11
The CAE website down

They are still recruiting

the CAE site is down, you get the same page error for Flydubai,volotea not just RYR
James Ken McIntosh is offline  
Old 14th Jul 2019, 10:45
  #8948 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Belgium
Posts: 4
Hi SaintEx31

Please check your inbox,
Also I can't find any Facebook group for FR1910...
Cheers,


Oscar

===============================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.
Oscar748 is offline  
Old 14th Jul 2019, 20:25
  #8949 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by Rocket61 View Post
Does anyone from the inside know anything about recruitment ? I heard they are overstaffed for this winter (of around 300 pilots) and that they are already offering unpaid leave for volonteers for next winter season... Will they still hire co-pilots ?
Yeah this is true, I also hear that recruitment is stopping fairly soon or maybe already.
flyerflyer1 is offline  
Old 15th Jul 2019, 14:41
  #8950 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: rome
Posts: 7
Anyone still waiting for e-mail/call after online assessement ?
Rocket61 is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2019, 03:06
  #8951 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milan
Age: 31
Posts: 78
As most of you helped me sharing your experience I'll try to do the same..
sent application around the 20th of June
Assessment online within 10 days
2 days after got invitation for the 12 of july

Went to Upilot for 3 hours preparation, haven't flown since basic MCC no joc in January.
Absolutely suggested, good tips and not too expensive. Be award that there are trim problems on the joke. I flew like a fish and got worried, perfectly fine at Ryanair. The feedback system in the yoke is basically not working.

Technical interview:
Why swept wings, vortex generators, wingtip stall, engine on my twin, fuel contamimation, stab trim, orographic clouds, lenticular clouds, BR and FG in metars, carb icing temp range, bypass engines.
HR:
Questions regarding previous jobs, likes/dislikes regarding my school, challenging situations in previous jobs, what I would bring to the company, type rating starting preferences.
Questions

Assessors are friendly and easygoing, be precise and not too long in answers, go straight to the point and you'll prevent getting stuck where you don't want to be. Take your time to answer and correct yourself if you do some mistakes, it will be fine.
I believe it lasted 20-25 min

SIM
East midlands plates, sid then vectors, manouvers, climbs, descents + turns, 45į turns, display position on chart, emergency (medical), troubleshoot with your F/O, Dodar, nits, decided to head back (don't do it straight away, discuss it with tour partner), holding entry (just asked) vectored for ILS 27. PF went good then as PM basically same things. My partner just went around when visual at 100 feet because of glide at full deflection, and instructor said it was a good approach. No reasons to do that at that altitude, ripositioned us at Fix and let him go for another round.

Just be comunicative and act like you would do in reality. Don't get too stressed (easy to say afterwards...) but you don't need to panic.
If you're not native english speaking, just keep it simple and be confident.

From friday got positive answer today after there days, both me and my partner got the job.
Walking two feets from the ground.

Best of luck to you guys!
anto125 is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2019, 08:38
  #8952 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 122
Hello, In your opinion...is this a bad moment to apply for Ryanair? Several people told me that in the last 6 months, only 30% of candidates passed the interview.
thanks
fiducioso is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2019, 13:20
  #8953 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: rome
Posts: 7
It is always worth a try. It is true that the actual growth will be less important than expected due to the 737 Max. They are going to close some bases for the winter season, and offer unpaid leaves to some pilots. It is also very well known that even when they are not recruiting (or when they only need a few people) they still call a lot of cadets for selection.

Indeed, as they charge you quite a lot of money for the assessment, the selection process is almost costless for the airline (some even say they make money out of it but I have to say I don't know...) so they don't really care about asking people to come.

A few months ago the whole 36 or 38 cadets of the week have been adjourned.

Don't tell me the 38 were unfit for the job...

So it is up to you, some still managed to pass regarding previous message. If you have 1000e for plane tickets, assessment, hotel and maybe sim refresh, then it is highly recommended to give it a try
Rocket61 is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2019, 21:38
  #8954 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Milano (Italy)
Posts: 8
Fiducioso, don't worry, they are still recruiting, i had the interview two days ago and 5 out of 8 got the job, so the "pass rate" is very different for every group of cadets.
Grav is offline  
Old 19th Jul 2019, 06:22
  #8955 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 122
Maybe should I wait to apply until the 737 max start to arrive?
fiducioso is offline  
Old 19th Jul 2019, 06:41
  #8956 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Milan
Age: 31
Posts: 78
I wouldn't advice you to do so at all...if you're fit for them they would hire you
do you already have a job?
anto125 is offline  
Old 19th Jul 2019, 06:43
  #8957 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 122
Originally Posted by anto125 View Post
I wouldn't advice you to do so at all...if you're fit for them they would hire you
do you already have a job?
no..I donít have a job
fiducioso is offline  
Old 19th Jul 2019, 07:52
  #8958 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: World
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by Rocket61 View Post
It is always worth a try. It is true that the actual growth will be less important than expected due to the 737 Max. They are going to close some bases for the winter season, and offer unpaid leaves to some pilots. It is also very well known that even when they are not recruiting (or when they only need a few people) they still call a lot of cadets for selection.

Indeed, as they charge you quite a lot of money for the assessment, the selection process is almost costless for the airline (some even say they make money out of it but I have to say I don't know...) so they don't really care about asking people to come.

A few months ago the whole 36 or 38 cadets of the week have been adjourned.

Don't tell me the 38 were unfit for the job...

So it is up to you, some still managed to pass regarding previous message. If you have 1000e for plane tickets, assessment, hotel and maybe sim refresh, then it is highly recommended to give it a try
How would you even think they make any money with this?

Have you any idea how much instructors, SIM engineers hr staff and the SIM itself cost to run assessments?

Then you are basically saying that they fail people because they don't need them? Sorry but you are completely wrong.

You are obviously making things up about the week that 38 people didn't get through,
BoeingLudo737 is offline  
Old 19th Jul 2019, 08:19
  #8959 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: London
Posts: 30
Considering they are still hiring, why would they get rid of 38 students that they felt met the grade enough to bring them for interview?

This sounds like complete BS from someone who is clearly bitter about something.
FlyingGreek is offline  
Old 19th Jul 2019, 09:27
  #8960 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: rome
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by BoeingLudo737 View Post
How would you even think they make any money with this?

Have you any idea how much instructors, SIM engineers hr staff and the SIM itself cost to run assessments?

Then you are basically saying that they fail people because they don't need them? Sorry but you are completely wrong.

You are obviously making things up about the week that 38 people didn't get through,
Did you read my message properly ? I said "SOME PEOPLE" say they make money out of it, but "I DON'T KNOW" anything about it, and I do share your opinion, I really doubt they make anything out of it. I was saying that to inform our dear friend here asking questions that he may read (if he hasn't read it yet) things like that somewhere else, but I can't confirm.

About the week where they have all been adjourned, I can definitely confirm I'm not making this up. My mates at CAE who applied at that time all failed, and the rest of the cadets of the week did too. I can't confirm the exact number (34-36-38) but it was in that range, and believe me that is true.
To moderate my previous position, they may have all been a bunch of poorly-motivated pilot with lack of technical knowledge and terrible CRM skills, although I really doubt it but who knows, stress, bad day...
As RYR has its pilot application open all the year, there has to be some periods of the year where their needs are less important (which is totally normal), so they can be more selective, and that was all I was saying.
Rocket61 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.