Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Interviews, jobs & sponsorship
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Old 21st Sep 2018, 11:32
  #8341 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: UK
Age: 37
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by potatoflying View Post
what is VS of ac flying 3deg GS at 120kt true with 20kts headwind?
I had an altitude conversion (m to ft)
Also a question where they give you a distance in SM and time in s and you have to find out the speed in kt
Ah ok thatís great thanks. At least it gives me an idea of where to start the study 👍🏼
Burger81 is offline  
Old 21st Sep 2018, 11:34
  #8342 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by RomainV View Post
Hi guys,

I previously read that you are following a "DODAR - NITS" method to manage emergency or failure.

Could someone help me to precise what each letter correpond to ?

Thank to your appreciated help !

Romain
D - Diagnose (what is the problem)
O - Options (continue, divert, turn back... tell them all)
D - Decide (say which of the options you chose)
A - Allocate tasks (Usually this is where you would call ATC to update on the situation, call OPS, make pax announcement and call the Senior Cabin Crew. I hope I didn't skip anything)
R - Review (see if your actions have resolved the problem, if there are no further issues, etc. If something else comes up, run DODAR again)

Once cabin crew comes in, do a NITS to him (it should be very very short and to the point)
N - Nature of the problem (engine out, hydraulic failure, etc.)
I - Intentions (i.e. divert)
T - Time (ETA)
S - Special request (normal deplane, emergency landing, etc)

That's about how I was taught. Some people might do it differently.
potatoflying is offline  
Old 21st Sep 2018, 17:06
  #8343 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Madrid
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by potatoflying View Post
what is VS of ac flying 3deg GS at 120kt true with 20kts headwind?
I had an altitude conversion (m to ft)
Also a question where they give you a distance in SM and time in s and you have to find out the speed in kt
How much time do you have for these questions? Do you have to do it with your mind or you have a pen and a paper? Is a calculator allowed?
EUops is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2018, 11:46
  #8344 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 6
Hello,

I got invited by Ryanair to Dublin. Just to make sure, before I pay the high fee, is it really a Ryanair Contract now (Cadet), and they are going to pay the full Rating?
When I applied, the discription said something like this but I had to tick "self sponsored" in the form to be able to continue.

How did you guys manage to get a total of 5 referees? They wanna have 2 until AC, and 3 additional after. I've only one Company, Im not sure if they going to do this, and the most of my friends are either not got with english. or they couldn't say as much about me, because we don't know each other for 5 years or more.

Cheers
Marc
Jetpilot82 is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2018, 17:14
  #8345 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by EUops View Post
How much time do you have for these questions? Do you have to do it with your mind or you have a pen and a paper? Is a calculator allowed?
30 questions in 10min. You can do whatever you want, even use google or a book (which you probably won't use anyway because time is very short). Calculator is actually advised
potatoflying is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2018, 17:21
  #8346 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by Jetpilot82 View Post
Hello,

I got invited by Ryanair to Dublin. Just to make sure, before I pay the high fee, is it really a Ryanair Contract now (Cadet), and they are going to pay the full Rating?
When I applied, the discription said something like this but I had to tick "self sponsored" in the form to be able to continue.

How did you guys manage to get a total of 5 referees? They wanna have 2 until AC, and 3 additional after. I've only one Company, Im not sure if they going to do this, and the most of my friends are either not got with english. or they couldn't say as much about me, because we don't know each other for 5 years or more.

Cheers
Marc
You'll be fine if you take someone who's known you for less than 5 years, most of my friends did that (if you're a young cadet who went straight to flight training you don't have much choice anyway). They don't pay for the full rating, they pay for most of it, you still have to pay 5kÄ and you have a 5 year RYR contract. The "self-sponsored" thing you had to tick was about your flight training, if you had to pay for it yourself, not for the TR.
potatoflying is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2018, 18:59
  #8347 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2
Hi Guys,

Anyone know if Ryanair is calling for interview people with more than 35 years old with no previous experience?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Cheers,
J
invertt is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2018, 21:32
  #8348 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: UK
Age: 37
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by invertt View Post
Hi Guys,

Anyone know if Ryanair is calling for interview people with more than 35 years old with no previous experience?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Cheers,
J
Iím 36 and have been invited for the online assessment for Cadet position. 🙏🏼
Burger81 is offline  
Old 22nd Sep 2018, 23:56
  #8349 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Europe
Posts: 19
Originally Posted by invertt View Post
Hi Guys,

Anyone know if Ryanair is calling for interview people with more than 35 years old with no previous experience?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Cheers,
J
They are not only calling guys 30+, they are also hiring them. So no worries and good luck.
TheSkylander is offline  
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 10:24
  #8350 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: farnborough
Posts: 4
Hi Guys,

I know there is some sound feedback for the online assessment in previous posts, but is there any chance anyone else has experienced any other HR questions. How long do you have to answer their questions? Also, any advise on how to prep for the ATPL style questions? Any extra feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers
G
gbatch1 is offline  
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 11:03
  #8351 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bologna
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by Jetpilot82 View Post
Hello,

I got invited by Ryanair to Dublin. Just to make sure, before I pay the high fee, is it really a Ryanair Contract now (Cadet), and they are going to pay the full Rating?
When I applied, the discription said something like this but I had to tick "self sponsored" in the form to be able to continue.

How did you guys manage to get a total of 5 referees? They wanna have 2 until AC, and 3 additional after. I've only one Company, Im not sure if they going to do this, and the most of my friends are either not got with english. or they couldn't say as much about me, because we don't know each other for 5 years or more.

Cheers
Marc
​​​​​​You can go back to school and ask for references. I got my former english teacher to write a reference letter for me.
Diola97 is offline  
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 17:05
  #8352 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 26
Originally Posted by gbatch1 View Post
Hi Guys,

I know there is some sound feedback for the online assessment in previous posts, but is there any chance anyone else has experienced any other HR questions. How long do you have to answer their questions? Also, any advise on how to prep for the ATPL style questions? Any extra feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers
G
20s to prepare for the question, 1min to answer. Everyone I know had the same HR questions. For ATPL just do as many questions as you can from the books or a question bank.
potatoflying is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2018, 08:35
  #8353 (permalink)  
eay
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by invertt View Post
Hi Guys,

Anyone know if Ryanair is calling for interview people with more than 35 years old with no previous experience?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Cheers,
J
39 myself is. Got the job!
eay is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2018, 12:16
  #8354 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Portugal
Posts: 2
Tank

Originally Posted by eay View Post
39 myself is. Got the job!
Thank you guys for the answers.
And do any one know if they ask about the scores you got in the theoretical part of the ATPL in the selection process?
invertt is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2018, 13:03
  #8355 (permalink)  
eay
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by invertt View Post
Thank you guys for the answers.
And do any one know if they ask about the scores you got in the theoretical part of the ATPL in the selection process?
As far as I remember, I have been only asked if I passed my atpls in the first attempt in the phone call, not in the interview.
eay is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2018, 15:32
  #8356 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by Diola97 View Post
​​​​​​You can go back to school and ask for references. I got my former english teacher to write a reference letter for me.
Im 37y... School has been a Long Long time ago, I don't know anybody from this time today, some are already dead, as far as I heard. :-(
I can bring a Referee from my present Company, and maybe 1 or 2 people from private live, more is almost impossible...
Jetpilot82 is offline  
Old 24th Sep 2018, 19:30
  #8357 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 575
Originally Posted by Jetpilot82 View Post
Im 37y... School has been a Long Long time ago, I don't know anybody from this time today, some are already dead, as far as I heard. :-(
I can bring a Referee from my present Company, and maybe 1 or 2 people from private live, more is almost impossible...
Go to the school, talk to the current school principal and explain your situation.
Banana Joe is online now  
Old 25th Sep 2018, 07:18
  #8358 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 4
Ryanair Assessment 25th October

Hi guys, anyone having the assessment in Dublin on the 25th of October?
Please drop me a message.
Thanks
Joe
JOJO83 is offline  
Old 25th Sep 2018, 13:44
  #8359 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: London
Posts: 2
Hi all

Anyone starting on FR1823 EMA?
nicktsio is offline  
Old 26th Sep 2018, 00:05
  #8360 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Bratislava
Posts: 1
MCC

Hello folks,

As there is no possibility to apply for APS without MCC in Ryanair, where do you recommend to do the MCC course? Is the simtech the best option?
Thank you for your advices.
Pilot B
pilot.boeing is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.