Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Wannabes Forums > Interviews, jobs & sponsorship
Reload this Page >

Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Interviews, jobs & sponsorship The forum where interviews, job offers and selection criteria can be discussed and exchanged.

Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)

Old 29th Jun 2018, 13:44
  #8081 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: amsterdam
Posts: 7
Anyone on CAE1812 in AMS? Lets get in touch!
DaveDurban is offline  
Old 29th Jun 2018, 15:54
  #8082 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Milan
Posts: 5
Applied for Ryanair on 13/06/2018.
Email and phone call from CAE the day after to fix an interview for the 27th of June, so two days ago, and yesterday I got the email that I was successful!
I was also told they would book me into a type rating starting in August and now I am waiting for the phone call to know the exact details.

Since this forum was quite helpful I'd like to share my experience for people going to the interview in the future.

HR and Technical interview;
To prepare to the technical interview I revised directly from the ATPL books, I extrapolated as much questions as possible from this forum and I also bought a one month subscription from the website latestpilotjobs.com which basically contains questions both technical and from the HR that were asked to previous candidates.
As for me, I was initially asked a question from my resumé since I did a stage in a controlled tower when I was at the high school and so the assessor asked me what ATC is.
Then general questions such as;
- What type of navaids you had in the area where you did your training and what is the range of them
- Difference between rhumb line and great circle
- How does a thunderstorm create
- Why do we have MZFM
I didn't get any questions regarding the 737 and my previous multi-engine.

As for the HR interview it was basically a conversation regarding what I did in my life and basically for me it was about high school and flight school since I'm 19, why Ryanair, what do you see yourself in five years and that's it.

Simulator;
We flew out of Liverpool runway 27, WAL2T departure initially.
Remember to brief the SID and emergency before and after V1.
When I was PF I got an amended departure; climb straight ahead till 2nm after the ILS DME and then turn right heading 180°.
Then I was asked to to some turn, climb, descent acceleration and deceleration. At this point I was asked on which QDM I was and to intercept and track another QDM to eventually enter into the holding over LPL NDB.
Once in the hold SIM was frozen and I got a call from the cabin, it was severe smoke in the galley and at this point they want you to do FORDEC/DODAR and NITS.
We were then repositioned and asked both to determine position autonomously and then approach briefing followed by the ILS raw data.

When I was PM it was almost the same, only difference my partner had to fly standard SID.
They want good CRM in the cockpit so just brief what you are going to do (e.g. holding briefing, approach briefing) and when you are PM try to assist as much as possible your PM.
Nicoloriva737 is offline  
Old 30th Jun 2018, 14:34
  #8083 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Dublin
Posts: 4
FR1818

Anyone on the FR1818?
Thanks
iuliano20 is online now  
Old 30th Jun 2018, 15:55
  #8084 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Finland
Posts: 2
FR1818

Originally Posted by iuliano20 View Post
Anyone on the FR1818?
Thanks
I am!
PM me and lets try to create whatsapp group!

You can’t use the Private Messaging system, add url links or images until you have an established posting history.
Aleafa is offline  
Old 30th Jun 2018, 22:51
  #8085 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: World
Posts: 0
Hi all, I am new to this forum. Does anybody know how long it takes to get a call from CAE?
aviationfanatic is offline  
Old 1st Jul 2018, 12:49
  #8086 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Dublin
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by aviationfanatic View Post
Hi all, I am new to this forum. Does anybody know how long it takes to get a call from CAE?
At the moment it takes around a month.
iuliano20 is online now  
Old 2nd Jul 2018, 11:58
  #8087 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 19
Hi!!!

Some questions for the second attempt experienced people:

do we have to wait 6 months and use a new e-mail?
My training request date on cae website was 24/03/2018 so, can I re-apply next 24/09/2018?

Thanks for you help!
Keane1981 is offline  
Old 2nd Jul 2018, 12:38
  #8088 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Amantido
Posts: 14
I think you don't need to reapply, they will simply call you again if they are interested.
Banana Joe is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2018, 06:15
  #8089 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: 2500ft
Age: 18
Posts: 75
Originally Posted by Nicoloriva737 View Post
Applied for Ryanair on 13/06/2018.
Email and phone call from CAE the day after to fix an interview for the 27th of June, so two days ago, and yesterday I got the email that I was successful!
I was also told they would book me into a type rating starting in August and now I am waiting for the phone call to know the exact details.

Since this forum was quite helpful I'd like to share my experience for people going to the interview in the future.

HR and Technical interview;
To prepare to the technical interview I revised directly from the ATPL books, I extrapolated as much questions as possible from this forum and I also bought a one month subscription from the website latestpilotjobs.com which basically contains questions both technical and from the HR that were asked to previous candidates.
As for me, I was initially asked a question from my resumé since I did a stage in a controlled tower when I was at the high school and so the assessor asked me what ATC is.
Then general questions such as;
- What type of navaids you had in the area where you did your training and what is the range of them
- Difference between rhumb line and great circle
- How does a thunderstorm create
- Why do we have MZFM
I didn't get any questions regarding the 737 and my previous multi-engine.

As for the HR interview it was basically a conversation regarding what I did in my life and basically for me it was about high school and flight school since I'm 19, why Ryanair, what do you see yourself in five years and that's it.

Simulator;
We flew out of Liverpool runway 27, WAL2T departure initially.
Remember to brief the SID and emergency before and after V1.
When I was PF I got an amended departure; climb straight ahead till 2nm after the ILS DME and then turn right heading 180°.
Then I was asked to to some turn, climb, descent acceleration and deceleration. At this point I was asked on which QDM I was and to intercept and track another QDM to eventually enter into the holding over LPL NDB.
Once in the hold SIM was frozen and I got a call from the cabin, it was severe smoke in the galley and at this point they want you to do FORDEC/DODAR and NITS.
We were then repositioned and asked both to determine position autonomously and then approach briefing followed by the ILS raw data.

When I was PM it was almost the same, only difference my partner had to fly standard SID.
They want good CRM in the cockpit so just brief what you are going to do (e.g. holding briefing, approach briefing) and when you are PM try to assist as much as possible your PM.
Are you 19 years old or you started training when you were 19 years?
Tharaka737 is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2018, 14:01
  #8090 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: London
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by DaveDurban View Post
I had my assessment yesterday and got the positive reply today.
The layout of the day was exactly like everyone on here described. Sim was very chilled, they really want you to pass so just relax and give it all you got. HR interview was easy for me, technical was very, very basic, cant believe i studied so much for it, with this basic questions asked. The day before I went to Upilot, and honestly I can't recommend it enough. The young guy was at Upilot, and he though me more in 2 hours there then what a KLM chief pilot thought my in 6 hours on the 73 sim. Really great and affordable. Thanks to everyone on the forum for there input, it really helped me tor prepare. And all the best to folks applying in the future.

Cheers,
Dave
Hi Dave,

We were on the same assessment, congratulations. Did you get any further information from CAE yet? all I've got was the email and call directly from Ryanair, booking me in for the 13th Aug. I have no cause number or further info as of yet.

cheers
Raph737 is online now  
Old 3rd Jul 2018, 15:49
  #8091 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Milan
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by Tharaka737 View Post
Are you 19 years old or you started training when you were 19 years?
I am 19 years old at the moment.
Nicoloriva737 is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2018, 15:50
  #8092 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Milan
Posts: 5
Anyone joining CAE1814 with intro week in East Midlands starting on the 13th of August and type rating in Amsterdam on the 12th of Septembers?
Nicoloriva737 is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2018, 17:59
  #8093 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: amsterdam
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by Raph737 View Post
Hi Dave,

We were on the same assessment, congratulations. Did you get any further information from CAE yet? all I've got was the email and call directly from Ryanair, booking me in for the 13th Aug. I have no cause number or further info as of yet.

cheers
Thanks, congratulations to you as well!
yes, i am being spammed like crazy with mails from CAE, RYR and crewlink to get all paperwork in order. I ams starting 23rd of july.
Cheers
DaveDurban is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2018, 18:23
  #8094 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Milan
Posts: 5
Smile

Originally Posted by Raph737 View Post
Hi again guys and girls, anyone on the CAE1814 AMS(13th AUG at EMA)?
I am starting on that day as well!
Let's get in touch if you want.
Nicoloriva737 is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2018, 18:32
  #8095 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: EU
Posts: 3
Also in CAE1814! Any Fb group already created?
EC.ICV is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2018, 19:53
  #8096 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: NL
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by Nicoloriva737 View Post
Anyone joining CAE1814 with intro week in East Midlands starting on the 13th of August and type rating in Amsterdam on the 12th of Septembers?
Originally Posted by Raph737 View Post
Hi again guys and girls, anyone on the CAE1814 AMS(13th AUG at EMA)?
I'm also starting 13th of august at EMA and 12th of Sept in AMS. I just created a facebook group called CAE1814. Feel free to join!
brtNL is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2018, 20:03
  #8097 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: -
Posts: 4
Hi Raph, I'm also on CAE1814. I have created a facebook group: Ryanair CAE1814 Amsterdam
JPdb is offline  
Old 3rd Jul 2018, 20:04
  #8098 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: -
Posts: 4
Hi Nicoloriva, I'm also on CAE1814, you can join on facebook: Ryanair CAE1814 Amsterdam
JPdb is offline  
Old 4th Jul 2018, 08:52
  #8099 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: -
Posts: 4
Nicoloriva737 Something went wrong on facebook, feel free to join again.

Last edited by JPdb; 4th Jul 2018 at 17:33. Reason: no name
JPdb is offline  
Old 4th Jul 2018, 08:52
  #8100 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Poland
Posts: 1
FR1820

Hello, is there anybody on FR1820 in East Midlands starting 20th August? Please join Facebook group FR1820
Pawel1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.