Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Fragrant Harbour
Reload this Page >

HK Express Second Officer Recruitment

Fragrant Harbour A forum for the large number of pilots (expats and locals) based with the various airlines in Hong Kong. Air Traffic Controllers are also warmly welcomed into the forum.

HK Express Second Officer Recruitment

Old 16th Aug 2023, 10:24
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HK Express Second Officer Recruitment

Anyone is interested?
Does anyone have any clue on the PAY SCALE for UO 2nd officer?
Not much information can be found online.

Qualifications:
- HKCAD CPL Holder issued under HKCAD Approved Integrated Course
-
Valid HK Permanent ID Holder

I guess more local airlines (HX, UO.....) may start preparing to accept graduates from HKIAA cadet pilot program, any thoughts?

Many Thanks!
KKA320 is offline  
Old 28th Aug 2023, 06:12
  #2 (permalink)  
hnc
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello, I applied about a week ago
hnc is offline  
Old 29th Aug 2023, 09:39
  #3 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great to hear that and wish you good luck!

Do you have any ideas on its remuneration package?
Tried to contact HKE, Flygosh and do some research online but in vain....

Just want to understand it for reference.
Many Thanks!
KKA320 is offline  
Old 30th Aug 2023, 05:23
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: asia
Age: 51
Posts: 171
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ď Pay scale ď ÖÖ I think this might be one of those Ď if you have to ask you canít afford it! Ď type deals! ;-)


Originally Posted by KKA320
Anyone is interested?
Does anyone have any clue on the PAY SCALE for UO 2nd officer?
Not much information can be found online.

Qualifications:
- HKCAD CPL Holder issued under HKCAD Approved Integrated Course
-
Valid HK Permanent ID Holder

I guess more local airlines (HX, UO.....) may start preparing to accept graduates from HKIAA cadet pilot program, any thoughts?

Many Thanks!
buggaluggs is offline  
Old 30th Aug 2023, 09:22
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Australia
Posts: 134
Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
How can you be an SO on an A320?

Seriously nobody should sign up for this, this is why T&C’s are in the toilet. You would be flying as an FO getting SO pay.

There will only be 2 pilots on board, a captain and an FO.

I suppose you will be buying your type rating as well.
TinFoilhat2 is offline  
Old 30th Aug 2023, 11:10
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: hong kong
Posts: 42
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is very good advice
smogluver is offline  
Old 4th Sep 2023, 04:06
  #7 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2023
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It did exist when Cathay dragon (KA) was still there.
Once you graduated from KA cadet program you would be SO but trained for FO's job tasks (including takeoff and landing).
Your rank was still SO but getting FO pay.

It might or might not be the case for HKE but I just wanna to ask and know about it.
Moreover, no one needs to buy his/her type rating for joining any CPL250 posts in Hong Kong.
You might be confused with some other SE Asian airlines.


Originally Posted by TinFoilhat2
How can you be an SO on an A320?

Seriously nobody should sign up for this, this is why T&Cís are in the toilet. You would be flying as an FO getting SO pay.

There will only be 2 pilots on board, a captain and an FO.

I suppose you will be buying your type rating as well.
KKA320 is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2023, 07:29
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: HKG
Posts: 387
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The CX SOs whom have asked to transfer to HKE are doing it to log some front seat time. Once they have a chunk they are out of here. Another dumb idea from CX which wont work as planned.
controlledrest is offline  
Old 11th Sep 2023, 11:40
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Angola
Posts: 36
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by controlledrest
The CX SOs whom have asked to transfer to HKE are doing it to log some front seat time. Once they have a chunk they are out of here. Another dumb idea from CX which wont work as planned.
Yep, lots of senior FOs with good passports. Upgrade time went down to 5 years on the big boys fleet. 500 hrs and they are gone.
Zi Peng is offline  
Old 12th Sep 2023, 16:57
  #10 (permalink)  
hnc
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone has any updates from UO?
hnc is offline  
Old 15th Sep 2023, 20:29
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: HK
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hnc
Anyone has any updates from UO?
hey I applied few days ago
kalimera is offline  
Old 19th Sep 2023, 09:56
  #12 (permalink)  
hnc
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I applied a month ago and the status is still "application acknowledged".
hnc is offline  
Old 28th Sep 2023, 20:54
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: HK
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hnc
I applied a month ago and the status is still "application acknowledged".
same here...Do you know anyone applied and got a response?
kalimera is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2023, 19:33
  #14 (permalink)  
hnc
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kalimera
same here...Do you know anyone applied and got a response?
not really. Everyone I know with a CPL got in CX cadet and need to do another 50+ week training.
hnc is offline  
Old 1st Oct 2023, 19:39
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2023
Location: HK
Posts: 12
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hnc
not really. Everyone I know with a CPL got in CX cadet and need to do another 50+ week training.
really? I thought CPL holder could skip those initial training
thereís a guy I know didnít do the training from 0
kalimera is offline  
Old 5th Oct 2023, 22:18
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Hong Kong
Age: 28
Posts: 2
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kalimera
really? I thought CPL holder could skip those initial training
thereís a guy I know didnít do the training from 0
Hi Kalimera may I know more about the details? (how do I go about requesting reduction in training hours ) I am looking to apply the cadet pilot programme with a CPL as well !
Cheers
ccccchanjohnny is offline  
Old 14th Oct 2023, 05:06
  #17 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have any updates or received a response from UO?
iBlueGoose is offline  
Old 16th Oct 2023, 09:12
  #18 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Near the MTR
Posts: 49
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As regular SLF, itís getting frickin scary who is up front these days.
How many have hand flown an aircraft in IMC on limited panel?? Probably even more scary, how many have hand flown an aircraft (not simulator) full stop?!!
SuzieWong is offline  
Old 16th Oct 2023, 17:24
  #19 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Aus
Posts: 28
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SuzieWong
As regular SLF, itís getting frickin scary who is up front these days.
How many have hand flown an aircraft in IMC on limited panel?? Probably even more scary, how many have hand flown an aircraft (not simulator) full stop?!!
So Suzie, in your career have you flown "limited panel in IMC during an approach?" this I've got to hear....
magenta magnet is offline  
Old 17th Oct 2023, 10:39
  #20 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 83
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just curious, in CX, the SO can only fly above 20k feet I think, and mostly does fuel checks. What would the SO do at HK Express?

Also, the local bus firms are hiring for up to 31k / month. Would UO SO make that level?
azhkman is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.