Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > PPRuNe Worldwide > Fragrant Harbour
Reload this Page >

Relocation/Return to Aus

Fragrant Harbour A forum for the large number of pilots (expats and locals) based with the various airlines in Hong Kong. Air Traffic Controllers are also warmly welcomed into the forum.

Relocation/Return to Aus

Old 31st Aug 2022, 08:21
  #1 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Relocation/Return to Aus

To my fellow expats partaking in the exodus, I thought I'd drop this in here. (any admins, please delete if not allowed).

Like many of you, I am leaving and taking the family back to Aus, in search of greener pastures. The admin/financial side of things has been tricky, to say the least, but I was put onto a lad called Luke Voyce at SJP, and he has been a lifesaver.... will post his info card below. Helps with moving MPF, Tax, investments, all sorts. Seems to be specializing in pilots specifically.

Like I said, please delete if not appropriate, but just keen to help others out who have been shafted by HK/CX over the last few years.

Blue side up!! (or happy retirement!)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Luke Voyce - Aus One Pager.pdf (172.6 KB, 120 views)
TogetherWeFight is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2022, 05:07
  #2 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong kong
Posts: 87
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'expats partaking in the exodus' Do you mean the one in your dreams ?
veryoldchinahand is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2022, 07:42
  #3 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Gerloz
Posts: 809
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by veryoldchinahand View Post
'expats partaking in the exodus' Do you mean the one in your dreams ?

Over 30 off the Jumbo alone to EK by years end. Predominately Captains. To the extent that they will be unlikely to crew it. How’s that “Same Team Same Dream” for you ?
MENELAUS is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2022, 09:53
  #4 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Nimbus
Posts: 101
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veryoldchinahand View Post
'expats partaking in the exodus' Do you mean the one in your dreams ?
Over 1,000 pilots gone out of 3,300 in the last two years, with hundreds more interviewing for QF or EK.
Yes, hardly an exodus. At least less than historical numbers, as the COO would say.
​​​​
Zapp_Brannigan is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2022, 11:54
  #5 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Cern
Posts: 51
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veryoldchinahand View Post
'expats partaking in the exodus' Do you mean the one in your dreams ?
You mean the 1200 already ahead of me they are gone, or the management message on yammer going around all the senior managers with exact aggregate numbers of the number of CX pilots applying for other companies?
Yes, airlines do share with other airlines the number of people that have applied from their companies……
Babyjet_dododo is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2022, 14:59
  #6 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: HK
Posts: 83
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by veryoldchinahand View Post
'expats partaking in the exodus' Do you mean the one in your dreams ?
Check the seniority list mate, you’re in for a nice surprise.

Also please DM me and let me know what they’re paying you for every post. I do mine for free!
cxflog is online now  
Old 1st Sep 2022, 15:05
  #7 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 136
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Babyjet_dododo View Post
Yes, airlines do share with other airlines the number of people that have applied from their companies……
Haha, please no they don't. I don't know if your just making up this shit or you are dumb enough to believe it.
LLLQNH is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2022, 22:16
  #8 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Location: Cern
Posts: 51
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LLLQNH View Post
Haha, please no they don't. I don't know if your just making up this shit or you are dumb enough to believe it.
Dont believe me? Go speak to PC he is the one with all the numbers. No names are exchanged only numbers.

and I’ve personally seen the messages from him.
Babyjet_dododo is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2022, 22:35
  #9 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: UK
Posts: 17
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Babyjet_dododo View Post
You mean the 1200 already ahead of me they are gone, or the management message on yammer going around all the senior managers with exact aggregate numbers of the number of CX pilots applying for other companies?
Yes, airlines do share with other airlines the number of people that have applied from their companies……
The companies don't share the names and numbers, the Masons do.
Diogenes. is offline  
Old 1st Sep 2022, 22:51
  #10 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: The Back of Beyond
Posts: 148
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would be really interesting, would be to see how many peeps would return to Cathay if offered a job, perhaps even with some perks, since seniority at CX no longer exists.

My guess would be none. Even DEC on a base.

You'd have to be out of your mind, but horses for courses I suppose..

There is a great big wide world out there, and they need us more than we need to put up with the crap of Hong Kong, regardless of the Ts and Cs.

For those still hanging on for grim death, good luck to you, and you have my sympathies, as it's not easy leaving a long, and what was, a great career.
Flying Clog is offline  
Old 2nd Sep 2022, 13:52
  #11 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: HK
Posts: 84
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veryoldchinahand View Post
'expats partaking in the exodus' Do you mean the one in your dreams ?
Are you some kind of mainland wumao to post something as ridiculous as this?

Surely nobody can be THIS oblivious?!
Bokpiel is offline  
Old 2nd Sep 2022, 15:23
  #12 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: HK
Posts: 83
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Bokpiel View Post
Are you some kind of mainland wumao to post something as ridiculous as this?

Surely nobody can be THIS oblivious?!
Honestly, I’m 100% sure he gets paid per post so doesn’t surprise me with the garbage I see on here. It doesn’t take a genius to see what’s happening but I guess anyone can stick their head in the ground and say it’s alright.
cxflog is online now  
Old 3rd Sep 2022, 10:30
  #13 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 356
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One only needs to look, right here, at the active user section of this forum. Today, around 10 members and around 68 guests.Where have all the regular contributors, some quite famous, gone ?
My usual 'lurk about' on a week-end morning would observe a solid core of Peers having, often profane, slagging matches.I would reach for the popcorn and enjoy the entertainment although, I, myself, was torn into & dismissed on quite a few occasions

Of course bods are leaving in droves for the most obvious of reasons and it remains a very sad observation that this once great airline company is, no longer.
Gordomac is offline  
Old 4th Sep 2022, 01:37
  #14 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Gerloz
Posts: 809
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gordomac View Post
One only needs to look, right here, at the active user section of this forum. Today, around 10 members and around 68 guests.Where have all the regular contributors, some quite famous, gone ?
My usual 'lurk about' on a week-end morning would observe a solid core of Peers having, often profane, slagging matches.I would reach for the popcorn and enjoy the entertainment although, I, myself, was torn into & dismissed on quite a few occasions

Of course bods are leaving in droves for the most obvious of reasons and it remains a very sad observation that this once great airline company is, no longer.
Such is their demise, Gordo, that they’d probably even let you in. Second time ASL around the buoy. And they’ve got non erasable techlogs now.
So that would be the only issue.

Last edited by MENELAUS; 4th Sep 2022 at 02:00.
MENELAUS is offline  
Old 4th Sep 2022, 09:38
  #15 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 356
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha! Doubt it. Not ex RAF, don't like boats, not a member of any Lodge,,Dark=skinned and still look like the head waiter from the Balti ! White hair though. . It's a start but too late. And I was about to ask where Globo had got too.
Gordomac is offline  
Old 4th Sep 2022, 10:59
  #16 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Gerloz
Posts: 809
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gordomac View Post
Ha! Doubt it. Not ex RAF, don't like boats, not a member of any Lodge,,Dark=skinned and still look like the head waiter from the Balti ! White hair though. . It's a start but too late. And I was about to ask where Globo had got too.
You’ll fit the ‘ new ‘ requirements exactly. Nobody can afford a boat now. And ‘ the lodge’ vanished around the turn of the century. The present one that is. As for ex RN/RAF can’t help you there. That particular vein of recruitment dried up a long time ago.

Last edited by MENELAUS; 4th Sep 2022 at 22:59.
MENELAUS is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.