Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Aircrew Forums > Military Aviation
Reload this Page >

AIB Preparation questions.

Wikiposts
Search
Military Aviation A forum for the professionals who fly military hardware. Also for the backroom boys and girls who support the flying and maintain the equipment, and without whom nothing would ever leave the ground. All armies, navies and air forces of the world equally welcome here.

AIB Preparation questions.

Search this Thread

Old 6th Jul 2001, 00:28
Rusty Cessna

fish AIB Preparation questions.

Hiya folks,

Sorry to have to post this, but I have just received my AIB date, and have already worked through my practice question sheets, I'm on the look out for any tests or questions available that might help me prepare, any tips on where to get them?

I also need them for my RNR tests, can I buy any tests to help me practice? Thanks for your time, and sorry for the wannabe question.

Regards,
Rusty

Old 6th Jul 2001, 00:31
Oggin Aviator

Private email on the way ..........
Which branch of RNR do you want ?
The RNR air branch has an office at Culdrose however to fly with them you need to have already served as Fleet Air Arm aircrew.
------------------

The OA

[This message has been edited by Oggin Aviator (edited 05 July 2001).]

Old 6th Jul 2001, 13:35
Blammo

Rusty,
Just sent off AIB app and awaiting the date. Was wondering if you could give some info about what i'm getting into and what you were advised to do to prep. will prob get told all this nearer my time but i'm just interested. When is you're date?

Blammo

Old 6th Jul 2001, 17:34
Rusty Cessna

fish

Cheers OA mate,

RE: which branch of RNR I want, as yet I'm quite undecided, I was looking at NCS though, any tips? I actually wrote the C.O of the Air Branch a letter earlier, who said I had a good case, but as you say, it is only for ex RN, never mind, I appreciated the kind reply.

Blammo,

I don't know if you have done your aptitudes yet, but I will assume you haven't. You will get a letter from the Captain informing you of your aptitude date, this deserves a thread of its own, I suggest you do a search, or e-mail me privately as I have quite a lot of info.

If you are successful, you will then be informed of your AIB date a month or two later, this is a large-ish pack that contains all your joining instructions and a good description of the AIB, also contained is a few practice questions, I worked through these very quickly, hence why I asked if any one knew where I could get any.

My Advice, think about why you are applying and get straight in your head what is required of you as an RN officer, gen up lots on RN Kit, structure, presence, aims, objectives and operations, read Navy News and all the current affairs, learn your times tables and get hot on GCSE level maths, and get fit for the medical, apart from that just try and be well prepared in yourself, I.E be ready for the questions they throw at you.

My view on what we are getting ourselves into? A bloody good thing. If you do e-mail me about anything, I go away tonight on a yacht race to the College of Knowledge, and then I'm going to play with Navy toys for a week (grins profusely) which will be ace, so good luck, and let me know if you have any probs!

Regards,
Rusty.

[ 08 July 2001: Message edited by: Rusty Cessna ]

Old 6th Jul 2001, 19:14
The Mistress

Thumbs up

Good luck Rusty. The Tremefacit family will keep fingers crossed for you.

[This message has been edited by The Mistress (edited 06 July 2001).]