PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIB Preparation questions.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jul 2001, 17:34
Rusty Cessna

fish

Cheers OA mate,

RE: which branch of RNR I want, as yet I'm quite undecided, I was looking at NCS though, any tips? I actually wrote the C.O of the Air Branch a letter earlier, who said I had a good case, but as you say, it is only for ex RN, never mind, I appreciated the kind reply.

Blammo,

I don't know if you have done your aptitudes yet, but I will assume you haven't. You will get a letter from the Captain informing you of your aptitude date, this deserves a thread of its own, I suggest you do a search, or e-mail me privately as I have quite a lot of info.

If you are successful, you will then be informed of your AIB date a month or two later, this is a large-ish pack that contains all your joining instructions and a good description of the AIB, also contained is a few practice questions, I worked through these very quickly, hence why I asked if any one knew where I could get any.

My Advice, think about why you are applying and get straight in your head what is required of you as an RN officer, gen up lots on RN Kit, structure, presence, aims, objectives and operations, read Navy News and all the current affairs, learn your times tables and get hot on GCSE level maths, and get fit for the medical, apart from that just try and be well prepared in yourself, I.E be ready for the questions they throw at you.

My view on what we are getting ourselves into? A bloody good thing. If you do e-mail me about anything, I go away tonight on a yacht race to the College of Knowledge, and then I'm going to play with Navy toys for a week (grins profusely) which will be ace, so good luck, and let me know if you have any probs!

Regards,
Rusty.

[ 08 July 2001: Message edited by: Rusty Cessna ]