Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Ground & Other Ops Forums > Questions
Reload this Page >

A320 Line Training

Wikiposts
Search
Questions If you are a professional pilot or your work involves professional aviation please use this forum for questions. Enthusiasts, please use the 'Spectators Balcony' forum.

A320 Line Training

Search this Thread

Old 2nd Sep 2005, 09:57
Props are for boats!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A320 Line Training

Ok Guys,
I know many threads have covered this before, but none that I have read in searches have been very specific.

The questionis: Are there any new Airlines, noT Eurpoean (I dont have a JAA) offering type experience line training to allready Typed pilots with bare rating on the A320?

I understand that a company in Turkey offered this, but has now stopped this type of program.

No painfull coments please, just some hard facts or PM me if you wish.

My personnel experience level is the following

5500tt
3050Multi Turbine Command
3700Multi Command
5100 Total PIC
US, OZ, NZ ATPL

Have worked in many overseas locations.

Ive been searching for a position since my rating in April with no Luck. I was originally scheduled to join an airline in Asia which subsequently froze its recruiting.

Any advice is warmly welcomed, in advance

Sheep

Last edited by Sheep Guts; 2nd Sep 2005 at 13:03.
Old 2nd Sep 2005, 16:31
FAB

Hi Sheep Guts,

I am in your situation (with less flight experience). I have tried everything to find this self-fund line training on the A320. The only way without a JAR license is to go through Eaglejet in Miami.
I put my name on their list 6 months ago and I am still waiting for a date, they may have a course in November (in Asia). A friend of mine also type rated just put is name and it's gonna be next year for him due to the waiting list. In the mean time, I may have a serious opportunity in SE Asia for a line training on the A320 thanks to the school where I did the TR and their contact and the price is not expensive!! They should give us the details in the next 2 weeks.
Good luck
Old 3rd Sep 2005, 02:29
Props are for boats!

Thanks for the reply FAB. I have PM ed you. Maybe all this Job growth especially A320 type growth will come to an cresendo next year it looks like. I am still deliberating on continuing my recency as it get very expensive. If things take off next year it looks like I better consider it.

Sheep
Old 13th Sep 2005, 02:35
Props are for boats!

If anyone else has any more to add regarding line training opportunities for A320 endorsed Pilots . You advice is sincere,y appreciated in advance. You can PM me if you wish?

Regards
Sheep
Old 4th Oct 2005, 06:49
Silly Old Git

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ouch ! you out the price of an A320 type rating sheepy?
Old 19th Oct 2005, 17:57

Sheep

Any positive developments?
One would think that with your experience you would "fly"
straight into the flight deck of an A320.
Sure hope things will improve and you'll get something soon.

Cheers,
Zerograv

PS. Great job the list of Asian start-ups
Old 22nd Oct 2005, 15:41
Props are for boats!

Thanks Zerograv,
Nothing as of yet. I have a few Irons in the fire so to speak, but alot wont pay until next year. Which seems to be the common line for any expansions and hopefully a further softening of the Oil and Jet fuel prices.
I did however register with a Miami based company that offers line training at a cost. It places candidates with European and Asian Airlines for 300hr and 500hr programmes. Both of which are quite costly and would buy you a reasonable home in some countries. Ive registered and will see what happens. Im not at that stage, as yet. Even though now my rating has past the six PPC time limit, I am not going to rehash it unless called upon to do so for garunteed position. Otherwise and there must be a few peeps out there like me, it gets rather costly. One still has to live and buy a house and raise a family and then think about a career Jet move. Im lucky I dont have any of the above so goal focusses of an A320 FO slot are still true.

Keeping the dream alive. And I dont mean to paraphrase Laws on that one .

Regards
Sheep