Wikiposts
Search
South Asia and the Far East News and views on the fast growing and changing aviation scene on the planet.

Eva Air

Search this Thread

Old 7th May 2004, 00:27

Location: According to my GPS... 5981NM from Dubai... too far to drive!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Eva Air

Anyone here fly for Eva Air? What are the working conditions and living conditions in Taipei?

Thanks
Old 8th May 2004, 14:31

Living any where in Taiwan??

Would be preferable to suffocate in your own vomit. Lets hope you are only joking and not that desperate
Old 8th May 2004, 15:17

Wow that bad eh? hehe.
Old 9th May 2004, 02:59

I completely disagree with Soho_Sophie. Don't let one person's opinion make you eliminate Taiwan as a possible place to work.

I lived there for three years and quite enjoyed my time there. Taipei is big city living and a very vibrant big city at that. While it can feel very crowded at times and is somewhat dirty ( dog poop on the sidewalk ) it is still a fascinating culture and a very friendly environment. Taipei is also a very safe city to walk around in at midnight or later.

If you can get a flat in the area near Sungshan airport everything you need is within walking distance of your flat. For those times you need to go further it is easy to take a taxi or the bus. There are great hiking trails in the hills surrounding the city and very nice mountains for weekends out of the city. Food is dirt cheap on the street and very safe to eat ( lived there three years and never got sick once ). If you like western restaurants they are plentiful although a little expensive. Movies are in English with Chinese subtitles so that is still a very good form of entertainment.

The east coast of the island is very scenic with high mountains leading down to the ocean. The southern tip has some nice beaches and good weather all year round.

Lots more to say but do a search on Taipei living on yahoo and you will find good information.

Typhoonpilot
Old 9th May 2004, 13:18

Thanks Typhoonpilot,

I was interested in applying for a position with them on the MD11 freighters, just wasn't too sure, and I had heard a friend say he knows a 747 pilot there who loves it there.
Old 10th May 2004, 23:47

Heard they're recruiting right now for F/Os on their 747s and MD11s. Just download the application form on their website, I think it's www.evaair.com.tw or something like that. Routine is they'll give you a schedule for your sim check (usually on the 767 simulator), then an interview and finally a complete medical. Feedback should be within a week or a month at most.

Taipei is a great place, though most folks there don't speak english. Would be nice to learn the language as you'll open up a whole new world once you do. Great weather too!
Old 11th May 2004, 03:22

MD11Flyer

I agree with everything Typhoonpilot and Unruly have said about Taipei in particular and Taiwan in general, I also spent 3 years living in Taipei, and also travelled around a bit.

I am not a pilot, I am in a totally different industry, but which brought me into contact with many Eva pilots, as friends and clients. Amongst these I count many senior 747 and MD-11 Captains, including the 747 Chief Pilot, an MD-11 Check Captain and the Airbus Chief Pilot. All of whom are very approachable guys, and I am sure would be happy to give you any information on recruitment opportunities and working conditions, if you wish me to send you email addresses let me know and I will send a PM.

Regards, Lofty