PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eva Air
Thread: Eva Air
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2004, 02:59
typhoonpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I completely disagree with Soho_Sophie. Don't let one person's opinion make you eliminate Taiwan as a possible place to work.

I lived there for three years and quite enjoyed my time there. Taipei is big city living and a very vibrant big city at that. While it can feel very crowded at times and is somewhat dirty ( dog poop on the sidewalk ) it is still a fascinating culture and a very friendly environment. Taipei is also a very safe city to walk around in at midnight or later.

If you can get a flat in the area near Sungshan airport everything you need is within walking distance of your flat. For those times you need to go further it is easy to take a taxi or the bus. There are great hiking trails in the hills surrounding the city and very nice mountains for weekends out of the city. Food is dirt cheap on the street and very safe to eat ( lived there three years and never got sick once ). If you like western restaurants they are plentiful although a little expensive. Movies are in English with Chinese subtitles so that is still a very good form of entertainment.

The east coast of the island is very scenic with high mountains leading down to the ocean. The southern tip has some nice beaches and good weather all year round.

Lots more to say but do a search on Taipei living on yahoo and you will find good information.

Typhoonpilot